Mass bird and fish deaths - A good day for Conspiracy Theorists!!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Rishy Rich profile image73
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

It started with the birds in Arkansas. Then birds fell from the sky in Louisiana and Kentucky, too. But it didn't stop there. Huge fish kills were discovered in multiple US waterways. And suddenly it became a worldwide phenomenon, with reports of mass die-offs of birds and fish in Sweden, Britain, Japan, Thailand, Brazil and beyond as following:

- Thousands of Dead Birds Falling from the Sky
    - 2,000,000 Dead Fish Wash Up in Chesapeake
    - 100 Tons of Fish Dead in Brazil
    - 40,000 Crabs Wash Ashore in Kent

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2011/01 … ashore.php

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/01 … -curiosity

Conspiracy theorists & religious bloggers have already started their Apocalyptic Promotion! What do the hubbers have to say about it?   neutral

1. mypleasurefantasy profile image77
      mypleasurefantasyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do I think its the apocalypse--no not really....do I believe that our world is dying--yes. It could just be an oddeball occurrence that happens every so many years. Is it weird--oh yea...unexplainable--probably, but apocalypse... don't think so. I look at it like, with all the gifted (psychics) we have all around the world, and they haven't started freaking out yet...I think everything is fine--just a one time mass craziness occurred in the animal kingdom

Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had similar feelings too. Environmental degradation probably.

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

These things have always happened - we just didn't know about them. With the internet and 24-hour news, we're more informed. That's not to say that our planet is in the best of health, however.

Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agree.

3. Amanda Severn profile image94
    Amanda Severnposted 13 years ago

I heard a guy on the radio talking about this. He said that birds and fish tune into the Earth's magnetic field in order to navigate. If there is a major disturbance in the magnetic field they can become disorientated and extremely distressed. Maybe something has happened that would not affect us, but does affect creatures like these?

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That makes a lot of sense. Not sure why but it does.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting!

4. lucieanne profile image69
    lucieanneposted 13 years ago

I'm sure I read somewhere that solar flares affect the earth's magnetic field. Maybe that's the reason for it.

5. melpor profile image91
    melporposted 13 years ago

This has happened many times before and it is nothing usual.  The birds and fishes simply died from stressful situation in their  respective environments.

6. Joshua Kell profile image61
    Joshua Kellposted 13 years ago

I am a seer, and not only do I know that an apocalypse (revealing) is fast approaching; but I also know that the shit will hit the fan such as has never happened upon the earth before. Watch, I anticipate the US economy to collapse this year, or next at the very latest. With this the whole world economy will collapse, bringing in a new economic order that will fail. Natural disasters will be unprecidented, there will be no logical explaination, except, this is God's doing. Wars have already killed more people this CENTURY than in all of previous recorded history combined! And. . .we are just getting started. It is written that at least 1/3 of the earth's population will be destroyed. Then humanity will finally learn to live in harmony with one another in a new and golden halcyon dawn. ORDO ab CHAO.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4428555_f248.jpg

So US economy falls? How does that affect countries that don't place much emphasis on economy? Why do natural disasters not have a logical explanation? Mother nature needs to balance herself, is that not logical? The imbalance our man made intrusions have caused have forced her to fight back. There is ecological balance when this occurs.

There will still be 2/3 left if you subscribe to that. Humanity haven't learned so far what makes you think it will be different now?

1. Joshua Kell profile image61
        Joshua Kellposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well. there is a planned economic collapse and re-structuring of the world economy. And, if you don't understand the domino effect the collapse of the US economy would have on the world, I'm not sure I can explain this without waisting the whole night. First of all, Americans are the biggest consumers in the world. Much of the world depends on the US being prosperous and buying their junk. When the US economy collapses, the economies of Mexico and Canada would soon ensue. Much of Europe is broke already, except Germany. Ireland is nearly bankrupt; of the European Union Greece is bankrupt; England is in about as much debt per capita as the US. All of these countries would collapse, at the devestation of the US economy; then these failed economies would lend to other collapses. Any thinking person should see this. My ex has a bumper sticker that says: "Denial is not a River in Egypt" - you'll see that I am right. I have inside information. You had better buy a gun, start stockpiling food, and pull your heads out of the sand. . .trust me, the storm is coming.

Here there are more people who are not governed by money or the economy. It will be the people who know how to live off the land and share that will assist those who don't. I don't profess to know US life but I do know where I am from you do not need a gun or to hoard food. Unless you are on drugs and want to sustain this lifestyle. If there was no money tomorrow the heart of people here is in sharing what they know and giving what they can. We would then have to revert back to the old ways of living.

That is being in tune with nature. She provides even if one thinks she doesn't.

1. Amanda Severn profile image94
            Amanda Severnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're very lucky to be in NZ where nature is all around you, and there is space enough, and land enough to flourish and thrive without all the tons of plastic that many people set so much store by. Like Joshua Kell, I do believe a storm is brewing, but some of us will weather it better than others.

Yes.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
                kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your in NZ? Where? My hubby and I want to move to Christchurch if we can get approved. He has a masters so if he can get a job offer I think we could get accepted smile

1. Amanda Severn profile image94

Have you been Kirstenblog? Such a beautiful country. I had a brilliant couple of weeks in the North Island a few years ago. I'd love to go back.

I have not but it has everything I love, lots of wild spaces, loads of outdoor stuff do do, rock climbing, mountaineering, and the like. I hear they make some amazing foods from mutton (grown sheep, instead of lamb), like mutton burgers that are very tasty. I do like the idea of trying mutton burgers big_smile tongue yum

2. pennyofheaven profile image80

Nice

2. pennyofheaven profile image80

Yes. Auckland. Born and bred though in Rotorua. South Island is where Christchurch is. Its experienced many earthquakes lately and is still in recovery mode. Might take about 3 years if no more earthquakes occur. It is an awesome place to live because you are surrounded by the most beautiful expressions of  Mother Nature you could imagine. That is beyond the city however.

2. Joshua Kell profile image61

As to stockpiling drugs, I would definitely make sure I had some Potassium Iodide and good anti-biotics - maybe some tamiflu - pain killers will be like gold.

2. Amanda Severn profile image94

Planned by whom, Joshua? The BRIC countries have a great deal to lose if America and Europe collapse. There is a host/parasite relationship going on. If the West completely fails economically, then China etc will suffer too. All those factories making goods for sale in the West need customers. It's not in their interest to let it happen.

1. Joshua Kell profile image61

Hello Amanda, The BRIC countries (Brazil / Russia / India / China - and friends) scare the hell out of me, and would have nothing to lose by nuking us, if our economies collapse. China already owns a massive portion of America. I remember reading of an interview with the President of China, where he said that they saw war with the United States as iminent, before the year 2026. That would be grand, a world order led by China; the fact that they are polluting the world more than anyone, and that they have 26% of the worlds population and only 7% of its drinking water, says that they will certainly have to expand their Empire. We have lots of water here in Washington State - I hear they have alot in New Zealand also. You can't live without water. These people are actually harvesting human organs from Christian and Fulon Gong practitioners (healthy organs from clean living) and political prisoners. You can go to China and buy a new liver for a quarter million bucks. No waiting for a natural doner, this meat is cut to order. If China and her cohorts nuked us, it would be from nuclear subs, and we will not strike back.

The European Union and the US need a new economy just to withstand dominence by the BRIC countries. It may be the BRIC countries that comprise the dominating new order, I hope not, I would rather be persicuted by other Europeans and Americans, than from folks with peculiar habits that I don't understand. I'm not being partial here - well yess...I am. Its just the whole Islamist hacking off of the heads, and the anti-Christian gouls of Red Communism, harvesting the organs of political and religious dissidents; it just gives me the creeps. Not to mention the lovely acts of torture and Satanic blood letting that so many of these people enjoy.

Imagine how hot China will be when the US economy collapses, with us owing them almost our whole country (silly people). On top of that, our inability to buy their goods, and sell them ours (food), will cause huge problems for everyone on earth. As they're sitting over there with no food or water for their rioting subjects, with us screwing stuff up for their total control of the world, I think it would be very tempting to dissable the US under these conditions. Especially in a time of intense domestic and international weakness.

Then we have a weak President over here thats in on it, I feel. There is no way that they are not pushing us into a new mold intentionally. There is no way that the heads running things around here are so stupid, as to think they can keep giving away the farm and destroying the economy without the inevitible collapse of our economic infrastructure - and then society. Well nice talking with you. ORDO AB CHAO (Order out of Chaos). Peace!

7. Dale Nelson profile image39
    Dale Nelsonposted 13 years ago

Could 2012 really be the dawn of a new era.

Some interesting points here.

We have just recorded our highest rainfall ever with floods reaching the gutters of homes. Never happened before in the upper-lying areas.

I heard that the UK also recorded its coldest ever weather over the festive season.

And everyone thought Al Gore was nuts when he preached global warming.

Somethings going on, that's for sure.

8. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

So wait, are we saying that the world will end in 2012 or not? Basically, will I need to get a new passport in 2013 or not?!?! lol roll

Haha it might end as we know it but might not necessarily mean it will cease to exist full stop. Some believe it will. Some don't.

Everything has its up side, if the whole things comes falling down then I don't need to worry about my passport lol
        If the world doesn't end well that is the up side lol

Haha too true!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)