I got an order with amazon after nine months of effort!

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (45 posts)
  1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

Oh what a wonderful morning. As usual this morning I checked my adsense earnings which were up! but then I checked amazon- all i have ever had is clicks and there it was.... someone has ordered something.... I know it has to be delivered and I know it could be returned and I know I will have to have a lot of sales to get paid as I live in the UK and bank charges are high, but the point is " I DID IT" yipee!

1. Myra Tylor profile image61
      Myra Tylorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

congratulations to you

CASE1WORKERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Myra Tylor- it has really given my day a spin!

2. albc profile image59
      albcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulation, more chances to make Amazon sale if you write hub about product. I think the logic is 'people look for product review and then buy a good product'..

3. Mikeydoes profile image43
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If it happens once it'll happen again, I say! Congrats, even though this is 9 days old!

2. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Congratulations! The first order is always the sweetest. I'm in the UK too - set your payment threshold quite high to minimise the bank charges.  I set mine to $500 and passed this mark for the first time in November - so am eagerly awaiting my cheque. The effort and the wait are worth it!

3. CASE1WORKER profile image61

CMHypno- thanks, you are right it is so exciting! I think $500 will be about right, although it might take time to achieve, when you do get it, the sum is enough to make a big difference to that months income!

4. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

Hi Case1worker! And congratulations!
    I'd had a (very, very) few sales on Amazon since I joined, but nothing that has made me feel it's really worthwhile, and this morning I've just looked to see I have 3 orders at once. I had two at once just over a week ago as well. Isn't it strange?
    I think I'll start taking Amazon a little more seriously, and put more of their ads on my Hubs.
    Btw; my Google is down since about 4 days.

I am so glad to hear that you are doing well with Amazon- like everything sometimes it is up and sometimes down but I have felt so "buzzed" all day

1. camlo profile image84
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes. Waking up to that was a good, positive start to the day.

5. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Yay!! Here's to many more!

Habee- thanks so much

6. Kangaroo_Jase profile image76
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Amazon - What a January!!!

For the first time ever, have made my usual monthly revenue in the first 5 days of the month.

Now to put this into perspective, it had taken me over 3 months until I started getting revenue from Amazon through my Hubs, months 4,5, & 6 I sold one item each month, not even enough to buy one, single take away coffee.

November 2010 and December 2010 were awesome months and the start of this month is getting exciting just about everyday.

But, this may also come up a stopper and I may not get more sales for weeks, such is the fickleness of the consumer.

Yet, worldwide online sales are ever increasing and they will keep up like that for who knows how long.

You may also find that it will take some time until you start to generate some sales from Amazon. Give it a try, I would hate to see any Hubbers missing out on extra revenue if one thinks 'Amazon is not my thing'.

I agree "give it a try" it took me much longer than you but that is probably because i have only a few sales hubs. I would advise anyone to try amazon

7. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

congrats-onwards and upwards smile

Thankyou Brian- the only way is up- ( i think that was a song title)

8. viryabo profile image92
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Case1. Feel free to be 'over the moon' with excitement. I was with my 1st Amazon sale after nearly a year's wait.smile

I had given up on Amazon till Ryankett (from forum posts) made me realise i should give it a better shot. I did, and its really paying off.

No one should give up on Amazon cos if i can make sales there, then anyone else can.

thanks viryabo- I can echo the feeling if anyone can, I can- with nearly ten months waiting the first is the sweetest

9. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

Fantastic Case - it's what makes this game of writing even more fun.  I do think that's where Shakespeare missed out - on codpiece merchandising, etc.  He could have made so much more of his efforts.

Seriously, brilliant and now you will be back to checking the damn thing every 30 minutes.

Thanks Mark- what an idea for a hub for you- marketing in the time of shakespeare- naturally it would require an enormous amount of research, but your the man to do it  or not do it-!

Pity it does not update regulary I was planningto track the postman

10. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

No point in checking Amazon multiple times Mark - it only updates once a day!

Congrats, Case1 smile

The first sale is special - the rest are just as exciting, so I hope you have many more.

Oh and by the way, to all UK hubbers, you might want to consider getting an Amazon.uk affiliate. I had one for about a year but didn't know I could insert a link to them in my hubs. Thanks to susana.s I learned how late November and have since had over 25 sales from them.

In fact anyone here can do that. I noticed that google.co.uk sent me the most traffic outside of google.com and hubpages so thought it worth a try.

1. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

IzzyM - do you remember the link SusanaS sent you with that information- I only have .com account with amazon as that is where most sales come from but I am interested in what you just said-thanks

1. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No I don't remember where it is - but it is simple.

1. Join Amazon.co.uk affiliates.
        2. When signed in, find a page of products you are promoting.
        3. Click on Link to this Page (on the top left)
        4. In the box that opens, choose text link, and type in what words you want the link to say.
        5. Copy html
        6. Open a text box in Hubpages while in edit mode.
        7. Click on the html icon (top left)
        8. Paste the code you got from Amazon.co.uk
        9. Click on 'Clean up html' button.
        10. Highlight the words that appear in your text box and enlarge.
        11. Click save.

All done smile

1. profile image0
          BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

cheers Izzy smile

2. Pat Abbott profile image61
          Pat Abbottposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm new here and was searching for this information - really useful so thank you IzzyM.

Just wondering - is it permissable to click on your own Amazon links, to check them? I know adsense forbids it but surely with Amazon you aren't making any money unless you order?

2. CASE1WORKER profile image61

Hi Izzy

I am researching this later on today as I am sure a lot of Brits read my hubs as some are really UK based- i will also take a look at yours to see where the ads are placed

11. evvy_09 profile image60
    evvy_09posted 13 years ago

Wow congratulations!  I've had 3 orders...but they were my own.  Still that counts right?

1. IzzyM profile image85

No that's against Amazon TOS, oddly enough. They will take the commission back off you I believe.

1. evvy_09 profile image60
        evvy_09posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't purchase through my associates links but I can purchase items for myself.  I bought something for my use and 2 christmas gifts.  No money made back so no TOS violation. 
        And it was a joke smile

1. IzzyM profile image85

Sorry, Evvy - this is the problem with the net - it is easy to misinterpret.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image61

Hi evvy 09
      I didnt think you could order through your own links- i might be wrong but i would check the terms of service-

Joke, joke, joke
        I checked before I bought anything too.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
          Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey evvy, I don't think you should click on your own links,  might get into trouble.

Thanks I didnt know that..... big_smile

12. CASE1WORKER profile image61

I managed to follow izzys instructions and get an amazon uk link in- so have a go any UK hubbers

13. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

nice! it's always exciting to see that first one. more will follow!

thanks rebekahELLE- we are going out for  a meal to celebrate! ( any more sales and I will be grossly over weight and my hubby will be broke!)

14. europewalker profile image78
    europewalkerposted 13 years ago

Congrats, good luck with more sales.

thanks europewalker- a great day today with a sale and also mastering (?) amazon uk

1. albc profile image59
        albcposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulation, more chances to make Amazon sale if you write hub about product.

I think the logic is 'you write about product and visitors would buy if they like the product'.

If one writes short story or experience then the visitors are not potential buyer so less posibility of Amazon sales..

thanks albc- I think you are right, but I seem only to be able to write about what interests me- hence my "sales" hubs are usually something that we have tried and tested at home or I have seen and wanted whilst out shopping

15. profile image53
    Bilaltahir4posted 13 years ago

congrats on this achievement.
    Best of luck for future as well.

Thanks, just read your hub on the call centre- keep on writing I am sure it will be good for you

16. jeri741 profile image60
    jeri741posted 13 years ago

congrats

thanks jeri741- good luck with your writing

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)