My Cat has given birth to 3 kittens

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)
  1. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

My cat has given birth to 3 cute little kittens. Believe me they are the most adorable creatures I have ever seen. I find myself always near them but still cannot get enough of them. I am so happy and excited.

1. Lucky Cats profile image82
      Lucky Catsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have entered the wonderful world of loving kittens and cats.  If at all possible, please keep the family together...they really do love to be together for life, if at all possible but...be sure to spay/neuter the kittens and the mother...the mother can be spayed (safely) 2 months from the date of birth of her kittens.  Before that, they may still be trying to nurse and this could jeopardize her healing.  But...quickly, now...have her spayed so that you can control the # of kittens/cats and also be able to keep the ones now have.  Thank you for loving them.

2. Betty_Lou profile image54
      Betty_Louposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How cute! If you can afford it why not keep them all together?
      I have four kitties. Three of which are throw aways and one was saved from euthanasia.
      Please, get ALL your kitties fixed. I do hope you decided to keep the little family together. I have a good friend who has done this with two throw away mamas. Well, the first mama she gave three of the four kittens away to family. I received one and he was the dearest little love anyone could meet. I lost him 10/09 but recently a new kitten came to my kitchen window. Skin and bones, about 4 months old and in need of a home.
      My friend realized how happy and sweet it is to keep the little family together. The next mama lost 3 of her four kittens to the cold. She was rescued from an abandoned garage. She and her remaining kitten (now 7 years old) live together with the other mama and her kitten(now 11 years old) they are very happy and very close.
      IMPORTANT! They could NOT live together peacefully if they were not all fixed. Their actions would be governed by their hormones and kitties ARE territorial and there is a hierarchy even amongst fixed cats buts it's a lot more competitive (violent)  if they are NOT  fixed. And don't kid yourself, mothers and sons can, will and do mate making inbred kittens who will either have mental issues, medical issues, physical defects or they may just die.
      While it happens that fixed kitties will compete for position you'll have a lot more luck for a happy family if they are all fixed. Plus, too many kittens, puppies, cats and dogs die everyday because there is no home for them all. About 11,000 in the US EVERYDAY.  While you may be able to find homes for your brood, each home you find means at least two or three won't find a home. sad
      Someday, if I ever get my own home, I'd love to adopt a whole family of dogs and cats. How sweet it would be for them to all grow up together!

Enjoy your fuzzy little family! smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Are you keeping them all?

3. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

I will they so cute. I can't let them go. No at least for the first few months. smile

4. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

That's Fantastic and I hope you have taken a Vid of Him.. because it's quite unusual for this to happen to Tom Cats hmm

5. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 13 years ago

How about spay and neuter?

6. Lifeallstar1 profile image60
    Lifeallstar1posted 13 years ago

I love kittens! Can you post a picture of them? They should definitely stay with their mom for 3-4 months. Kittens given away before that can have a lot of issues. Was this a planned pregnancy?

7. staci_lynn profile image61
    staci_lynnposted 13 years ago

Make sure you fix all of them. Socialize them and if you are going to give them away, screen everyone. Some people take animals for free and sell them to research labs. you can research the questions to ask them online.

8. profile image53
    josh266posted 13 years ago

My cat gave birth to 4 kittens on July 30th 2010 and it was the most fun expirence because I love cat sand never got to go through something like that. We kept two of them.

9. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

congrats big_smile Enjoy playing with them

10. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

can you put a picture up for us, i love little kittens.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)