Yay! Another writing job via HP!

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (60 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I landed another writing job through HP yesterday! This guy stumbled upon some of my hubs and has hired me to write some articles for him. I'm already writing for several others who liked my hubs, and they're keeping me pretty busy. In fact, I might have to pass some of these new articles on to my best hubber-pal, with the publisher's approval, of course.

Hubpages is "da bomb"!!

1. sarovai profile image74
      sarovaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats. smile

2. profile image57
      JamesWellposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!I wish to contact you if you will not mind.I'm JamesWell on hubpages.

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

James, I look forward to hearing from you!

To the rest of you reprobates (and I say that with LOVE), I appreciate your support!

3. Jeff Berndt profile image73
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, good for you!

4. jill of alltrades profile image67
      jill of alltradesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Congrats Habee! Really well deserved. You are a true inspiration to all of us here!
      God bless!

5. profile image0
      cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Habee,

Congratulations!! I am sure hubpages and your talent together worked its charm!

6. warchild75 profile image63
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well done,it would be great if that happened to me one day,Good work keep it up!

7. Joy56 profile image68
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

wish i was you....

8. yolanda yvette profile image61
      yolanda yvetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glad 4 u.  Wish it was me.

9. profile image0
      ssaulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well deserve habee you're awesome

10. vox vocis profile image81
      vox vocisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great news...I got a writing job once through HP...hopefully, more will follow some day! Congrats!

11. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You absolutely should sub-contract. You've done a lot of work and have gained recognition. Your writing "company" can certainly generate content for you and you clean it up to your standards. You keep the contact information to yourself and pay a portion to the writer for the content and copyrights.

Why give it away?

2. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Congrats Habee!!

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Thanks, guys!

4. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

You go habee!

big_smile big_smile smile

5. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

habee, you're 'da bomb! good work!
    I laughed outloud yesterday reading your mysteries of the universe hub. lol
    very well done!!

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Thanks, Katie!

Rebekah, I'm glad you enjoyed the hub!

7. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

great.......i think people will no more tell stumbling is a total waste of time.

8. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years ago

Congratulations!

9. bewilderize profile image56
    bewilderizeposted 13 years ago

Congrats! It's good to see that good work is rewarded.

10. richtwf profile image61
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

That's great news and congrats to you! It's very inspiring and thanks for sharing that with us!

11. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Habee! smile

12. leslie_espinola profile image60
    leslie_espinolaposted 13 years ago

That's really awesome.  I wrote one Hub a while ago and decided to start back up again.  When I hear stories like this, I feel encouraged!

13. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Congrats! smile

14. Betty Reid profile image60
    Betty Reidposted 13 years ago

Hey, habee, good for you!

15. Veronica Allen profile image70
    Veronica Allenposted 13 years ago

Congratulations girl! I'm so happy for you. Even though I haven't been as active here, I still stop by to see what delish recipe you have for us, where you've traveled, what home improvement tips you have for us, or what funny antedotes you are sharing. With close to 700 quality hubs under your belt, you are a force to be reckoned with. You go girl!

16. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Thanks, all!

Veronica, I've been wondering where you were!

17. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 13 years ago

That is great habee!  Congratulations!

18. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Yipee! Congratulations Habee!

19. thismamaworksit profile image61
    thismamaworksitposted 13 years ago

woot! woot! congrats that is awesome!

20. Astra Nomik profile image63
    Astra Nomikposted 13 years ago

I just finished my first week in a news paper, I know what its like to have your writing talent rewarded and recognized. Congratulations Habee, well done. I hope you shine. big_smile

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A newspaper - congratulations to you as well!

21. prairieprincess profile image92
    prairieprincessposted 13 years ago

Congratulations!!! You're an inspiration!

22. travelespresso profile image69
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

That's fantastic news Habee. 

I also read about your success on the front pages of Hubpages.  You are in all the BEST news spots!
    Congratulations.

23. christiansister profile image59
    christiansisterposted 13 years ago

Wow, you truly are an inspiration smile

24. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Ahhh...it was so nice to wake up to all these wonderful comments!!

25. L.L. Woodard profile image67
    L.L. Woodardposted 13 years ago

Way to go! From what I've read in your hubs, the opportunity is well-deserved. Thanks for sharing this inspiring news.

26. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

A little belated (I didn't see the original post) but congratulations, Habee!  You may have found a new way to monetize HP!

27. Wendy Krick profile image63
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

Awesome!

28. Lily Rose profile image86
    Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

That's really great, Holle!

I landed a writing job a few months ago from someone who stumbled across my hubs here, too, and it was great for a while but it kept me too busy and I had no time to hub which is what I truly enjoy, so I quit the job and I have no regrets....so far!

29. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

This is another thing I love about HP: We're very supportive of each other!

30. Don Simkovich profile image60
    Don Simkovichposted 13 years ago

Congrats habee . . . writing regularly here sure pays off . . . I'm going to re-read your profile and see what you say on it.

1. Don Simkovich profile image60
      Don Simkovichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I see what you say on it . . . contact me if you're interested . . . !

31. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 13 years ago

Great news Habee!  Keep up the great work!

32. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

congrats i wish i was that good!

33. Support Med. profile image61
    Support Med.posted 13 years ago

Congratulations, and I hope it keeps getting better!!!!!!!!

34. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, habee - More Great News!!!!!

35. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Way cool, Habee.
    And thanks so much for sharing this, as it is encouraging to other hubbers!
    MM

36. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 13 years ago

Congrats Habee! You deserve the job and more smile.

37. 50 Caliber profile image60
    50 Caliberposted 13 years ago

Holle, you have written quite a few that knocked my socks off! The formost in my mind was on the "Gulla" (hope I spelled that right).
    Congratulations on your good fortune, I'm glad to have read you as you became famous!
    Big Hugs, Dusty

38. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Thanks to all! And Dusty, I'd never want fame - I don't have the energy! lol

1. adrienne2 profile image66
      adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Way to go habee! Yes HP is the bomb, there really is no other site on the web like HP.

39. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 13 years ago

Habee, Congratulations on your success.  I know you have worked very hard and it has paid off for you, plus being an excellent writer doesn't hurt.  You go girl!

40. profile image52
    DianaETXposted 13 years ago

What great news!  I never thought about anyone getting outside work from posting on Hubpages. (I'm new at this)

Hope this will get you even more work.

41. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

I am not at all surprised, Holle!  Congratulations to my favourite Georgia gal!

42. Kidgas profile image63
    Kidgasposted 13 years ago

Congratulations.  If you don't mind my asking, what rate are you receiving for your writing jobs?  If you would rather, feel free to PM me via HubPages.

43. leahlefler profile image96
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

That is wonderful! It proves that good writing leads to good opportunities. Congratulations on your success!

44. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 13 years ago

That's awesome! Congrats!

45. QudsiaP1 profile image60
    QudsiaP1posted 13 years ago

Congratulation. Good for you. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)