A Battery That Produces Energy Continuously Since 1950

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Dennis Pace profile image61
    Dennis Paceposted 13 years ago

The "Dimitrie Leonida" National Technical Museum from Romania hosts a weird kind of battery. Built by Vasile Karpen, the pile has been working uninterrupted for 60 years.
    Half a century ago, the pile's inventor had said it will work forever, and so far it looks like he was right. Karpen's perpetual motion machine now sits secured right in the director's office. It has been called "the uniform-temperature thermoelectric pile," and the first prototype has been built in the 1950s. Although it should have stopped working decades ago, it didn't.

The scientists can't explain how the contraption, patented in 1922, works. The fact that still puzzles them is how a man of such a scientific stature such as Karpen's could have started building something "that crazy."

The prototype has been assembled in 1950 and consists of two series-connected electric piles moving a small galvanometric motor. The motor moves a blade that is connected to a switch. With every half rotation, the blade opens the circuit and closes it at the the start of the second half. The blade's rotation time had been calculated so that the piles have time to recharge and that they can rebuild their polarity during the time that the circuit is open.

As time passed, the fact that the battery doesn't stop producing energy is more and more clear, giving birth to the legend of a perpetual motion machine."

Some scientists say the device works by transforming thermal energy into mechanical work, but Diaconescu doesn't subscribe to this theory.

According to some who studied Karpen's theoretical work, the pile he invented defies the second principle of thermodynamics (referring to the transformation of thermal energy into mechanical work), and this makes it a second-degree perpetual motion machine. Others say it doesn't, being merely a generalization to the law, and an application of zero point energy.

If Karpen was right, and the principle is 100% correct, it would revolutionize all of the physics theories from the bottom up, with hard to imagine consequences.
    Zero Point energy is a very interesting technology.  I have a friend who is a Modern day Tesla.  He is working on a magnetic engine.  Anyone else doing anything with zero point energy?

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, Dennis.  This would be a great hub.  You could revise it for forum discussion by simply using the last line.  I really can't comment otherwise not know anything about the subject matter, but very educational nonetheless!

1. profile image0
        frantiicposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think he was sharing a potential hub. I think he was just sharing interesting news. Original article seems to be here: http://abundanthope.net/pages/Environme … nter.shtml

2. christoss1959 profile image59
      christoss1959posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow this is brilliant. Need to read more about this. Will come back when I've got more educated on the matter..

2. profile image0
    waterwizardposted 13 years ago

This is cool, I love hearing about stuff that defies what we believe. Tesla and others throughout time have tried over and over to shake the foundations of what we as a people generally believe.

3. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 13 years ago

This does not meet the definition of a "perpetual motion machine" if it is extracting energy from radio waves. Radio waves are another form of energy. It sounds like it is just converting radio waves to electrical energy.

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And unfortunately, that conversion doesn't give us much, does it?

One of my more impressionable poker pals was talking about the 'burning water" nonsense this week. Typical conspiracy stuff - the oil companies are keeping it from us!  I never know what to say to friends who believe this nonsense. It is very hard to say anything truthful without running the risk of implying things you don't want to say about friends. On the other hand, he is looking foolish spreading these tales about.

1. melpor profile image90
        melporposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with your comment Pcunix. I do not know why people believe these nonsensical information. If there was such a device there would be a patent for it and it would be well developed by now since so many countries are still depending heavily on oil for their transportation needs and other uses. It would not be just sitting in a corner for everyone to look at.

2. KeithTax profile image73
      KeithTaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Melpor, you are right. This device is also called a crystal radio and available for purchase at Amazon fro about $10. A fun science projects for kids.

Oh, great. Now the oil companies will have to destroy Amazon.

A lot of people are going to be very angry with you for bringing that to their attention.

2. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sure!  Part of my electronics shop class in high school included building one, way back in the 60's.

4. Dennis Pace profile image61
    Dennis Paceposted 13 years ago

I have recently found more information about people who have been involved in developing energy devices ...does any one have any more info along these lines?

Mark R. Tomion, 51, died unexpectedly Friday, June 19, 2009 at his home. A memorial service will be held Tuesday June 23 at 7 p.m. at the Kenneth J. Perkins Funeral Home in Gorham. Burial will be in Shuman Cemetery.Memorial contributions may be made to the Yates County ARC, 235 North Ave, Penn Yan, NY 14527. Reference. Here is the last remaining mirror of his old site. His web site is now gone and so have his research papers.

One more for the record. Free-Energy Battery Inventor Killed at Airport? Official statement cites "natural causes" but others familiar with the disruptive potential of the inventor's technology to the existing power structure consider it a probable assassination.

"… On Nov. 11 2007, inventor of a revolutionary, affordable, clean energy technology, M. DeGeus was found slumped in his car, totally unresponsive, in the long-term parking lot of the Charlotte Douglass International Airport in North Carolina. …" He was apparently on his way to Europe where he was to secure major funding for the development and commercialization of his technology, which could make oil obsolete. …""DeGeus was the inventor of a thin wafer-like material/device that somehow specially aligned the atoms or electron currents ongoing in that material, so that the wafer produced a constant amperage at a small voltage – continuous real power, or in other words a strange kind of "self-powering battery". Reference

http://www.panacea-bocaf.org/howtheywentwrong.htm

There is a lot of very interesting info on this site.  What do you think?

1. Dennis Pace profile image61
      Dennis Paceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did anyone click on the link about what happens to the inventors of zero energy machines?.  Or did they already get to you first?

1. wilderness profile image94

I'm sorry, Dennis, but you're right.  They got to me.  All those physics and chemistry teachers, writers and scientists that falsely claim to know that perpetual motion machines outputting more energy than goes are impossible.

I find the probability of an untrained backyard mechanic working in their garage actually producing such a machine and changing the entire world of physics as we know it to be vanishingly small.  Too small for me to spend time reading about.

And if they did, the notion that these things could or would be suppressed by oil companies or anyone else is ludicrous.

Just as one small example, Google has tremendous energy needs and owes nothing to any entrenched interests. If I stumbled upon something that could cut their energy costs by even a small  percentage, they alone would make me fabulously wealthy.

But fools keep believing nonsense,

No, Pc - you will be murdered in your car before you can sell it to them.

Google and energy - I recently wired a small business with a tiny computer room.  They indicated their computer equipment produced 10,000 BTU's of heat, requiring a small air conditioner for just that room.  I had no idea that a little computer equipment would produce that much heat!

No doubt the people who posted will be murdered for trying to spread this valuable information!

Not us, though. We will get our usual checks from Exxon and Shell as payment for belittling the idea.

How much did you make from that last year? I got almost $3,000.00.

Oh you did much better than I did - I only got a few hundred!  But then I didn't sell them the secret of a forever battery, either. big_smile

5. melpor profile image90

That is why all PCs have fans, otherwise they will malfunction or overheat very quickly.

I had an idiot customer with a server closet and a flat roof and an air conditioning bill she thought was too high. She shut it down one summer weekend.. Of the three servers in that room, only one came back to life after all crashed from heat.

This was AFTER I had warned her that she needed to either leave the door open or put more vents into the room because it was already getting too warm..

6. qwark profile image59
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

If I invented anything that could/would threaten the viability and control of the world oil cartel/cabal, I would either be killed or I'd become a billionaire.
    Being a very practical human being and understanding that everything has a "price," screw the invention! Give me the billion (pocket change to big oil.)!
    I'm a pragmatic realist...smile:
    Qwark

7. profile image0
    JASON NICHOLSposted 13 years ago

Here the picture of that battery that is still running continusly sinse 1950!!!! cool cool cool

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4519942.jpg

Brave man to put out a picture of something that so many have been murdered for trying to get its secret out to the world!

I hope the folks at Mobil will send me a nice check for my saying that.

1. melpor profile image90
        melporposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is obviously an old picture. It look like it was taken around the 1950s.

That is not an issue. They pay for any comment that disparages the inventions they are suppressing.

I don't know if you can get on the gravy train, but it can't hurt to try.

8. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 13 years ago

This whole business sounds like a "pile" of you know what.

1. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Pylos!
      Ya mean pile of shiite?  lolol
      Qwark  smile:

1. pylos26 profile image69
        pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah...pile of shiite...hey qwark. I thought you were dead.

1. qwark profile image59
          qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Pylos:

You couldn't be so lucky...lolol  smile:

I've been here participating for the last month.

where the hell have you been?

I know, yer out nights checkin' those limb lines for catfish...lol

Good to have ya back!!

Qwark  smile:

9. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Actually you can get lots of energy out of plain water. It's the hydrogen in the H20. It's actually very powerful, even more so than oil.

However it takes a very large and complex process to extract and hardness that.

Someday they will figure out how to produce hydrogen energy from water that is practical and leaves nothing behind. smile

Perhaps so.  If anyone ever does, no oil company wil suppress it.

2. wilderness profile image94

Not at all, Bill.  Simply pass an electric current through the water and it will separate into hydrogen and oxygen.  It then becomes even easier - a lit match is all that's needed to produce energy - a little less that was used to separate it in the first place.

You could use a steam boiler to catch the heat of burning hydrogen to run a steam engine to turn a generator to produce current to convert more water to H2 and O2 to keep the boiler going.  This is in the same category as a perpetual battery.

And by the way, would you like some ocean front property in Arizona?  No?  Perhaps the oil cartels will buy...

10. melpor profile image90

Bill, passing an electric current (electrolysis) through water is pretty much the only way to separate water into hydrogen and oxygen. It doesn't take that much energy to separate these  components. It is not an efficient way to produce hydrogen gas. You can do with a 9 volt battery.

11. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Hmmm, interesting replies about the water energy. There is a device they use to convert water to energy already. I know you can buy it commercially for people who live off the grid.

Any idea what it's called? I know it's pretty big and not very efficient. Seems like if it's that easy to separate hydrogen from water someone could figure out a way to use it better. hmm

It's easy, but it requires energy. Producing that energy is the problem.  As W pointed out, you can't run it back on itself - you can't make more hydrogen than you'll burn to break apart the water.

So you need cheap electricity. Solar might provide that someday. I suppose the conspiracy boys think that ultra high efficiency solar converters already exist, but they do not yet. - I get $75 from Shell for lying about that, of course.

2. Pcunix profile image91

By the way, storing it isn't so easy, either.

3. wilderness profile image94

It is easy, and the technology has been in use for a long time.  It also requires exactly the same amount of energy as burning hydrogen and oxygen produce.  Account for inevitable system losses and it is a losing game in the long run.

This and using the produced hydrogen to make helium (via a fusion nuclear reaction) are the only two methods I'm aware of to actually get energy from water. 

Other methods (wave generators, temperature difference between deep and shallow waters, etc.) and water wheel generators are viable and being used, but don't actually produce energy from the water itself, but that's only a matter of semantics, too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)