I am desperate in knowing what to do...

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image49
    desperate_00posted 13 years ago

I have never been anarexic, but it's always in my mind. I have always been at 130lbs to 138lbs, just until 5 years ago that I got married. I am now 155lbs. For me that is obese. I look in the mirror constantly and I disgust myself. I cry myself to sleep because I hate being this way. I see my husband looking at other girls or woman that are thin and pretty and with big boobs. I don't care much of the boob part but I know that if I can be thinner I will be much prettier. I have taken diet pills twice for 3 months each but I stop after 3 months because I start have anxiety and getting panic attacks. My husband is more loving and caring when I am thinner. We have a baby who is almost going to be 2 years old and I don't want her growing up and noticing these thoughts of mine but I really want to be thin. I like noticing my neck bone showing because that is a sign of me being thinner. Please I need help. People around me, my family and mostly my husband don't take me seriously. They think of me as if I'm joking. My husband recently had been making fun of me on my panic attacks. He doesn't know that it hurts me and doesn't know that I am being so serious. His parents call me fat all the time. My brothers call me fat. They poke at my stomache and tell me I look all jiggaly and it traumatizes me. I just wish I can stop eating till I reach 130lbs again. I want to feel free. I want to run again and feel happy but I feel so lonely, sad and fat and just like nothing.

1. ilmdamaily profile image67
      ilmdamailyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK, first step? Calm down:-) I say that in all seriousness. As ntense as your thoughts and feelings are, know that they will not beat you.

Understand there is nothing wrong with your body. I don't know how tall you are, so I can't comment as to the health of your weight, but converting it into kg's, 58kg's does not sound unhealthy - even for a shorter person.

I think the problem lies with how you relate to your own thoughts about yourself. You have conflated your own identity with the way you think about yourself - which may not be the case. It's possible that "who you are" is entirely different to the negative thoughts you have about your body.

Can I recommend you read the book "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. Amazon should have copies that cost virtually nothing. From what you describe, I think it's the best thing. The reason I recommend this book is that he adeptly illustrates the divide between "who we are" and the thoughts we have. It's a journey towards inner peace, and well worth the read. 

But, I am an amateur. Although well menaing, I am untrained in situaitons like this - perhaps you would derive the most help from a professional counsellor?

Try it!

2. profile image49
      Mahidaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

omg! you should stop going on this website

2. profile image0
    lambservantposted 13 years ago

It seems you define your value as a person by how you look, and what other people think. You are not a precious person because of your weight, or by what Aunt Tillie or your best friend thinks of you, You are a valuable person because you are God's creation. 155 is not obese. I weigh 170. I am not happy with my weight. I am not pleased with the way I look. It is something I need to work on, but I do not define my value by how I look, nor do my friends and family. Diet pills and fad diets are the worst way to lose weight because they are done in a hurry and it does not really change your metabolism for the longterm People who lose weight this way are guarenteed to gain it all back quickly. The idea is to change your lifestyle by how you eat, excercise, etc. I have to take my own advice, but I have seen it work for many people. You need to learn to love yourself for the person inside and because God loves you irregardless of how you look or think of yourself. He made you with love reverence and care. Perhaps you might think of getting into a support group for people who are struggling with self esteem issues. Until you love yourself, you will not be that successful. God bless and good wishes.

3. profile image0
    lambservantposted 13 years ago

As for your family, there isn't much you can do to get away from them, but they are not safe people and you need to learn to stand up to them and set boundaries. Whether you are overweight or not, there is no excuse to treat someone that way. My guess is, that some of them have a problem in the looks department too. But what is really the crux of the matter is that they are cruel and insensitive people. There is a book out called Boundaries by John Townsend and Henry Cloud. I highly recommend it, but I would get the help of a counselor as well. Write back soon and let us know how you are doing.

4. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I remember being 156 lbs and thinking I was the fattest girl in school.  I used to dream of being 132 lbs. (the recommended weight for my height).  That seems a million years and a million miles ago.  What I wouldn't give to be that weight now!  But....what I have learned is that you really have to learn to be happy with whatever weight you are while you're there.  If you want to look different, you have to do things differently.  For me, portion control has never been an issue.  I don't eat very much.  For me, it's poor selections.  I gravitate to the worst stuff for me. LOL  The key for me is to steer away from the fattier foods and just get up and do more.

Don't beat yourself up over it. Don't take comments from others to heart.  They are being insensitive but probably don't realize it.

5. Jaggedfrost profile image61
    Jaggedfrostposted 13 years ago

Can I be blunt?  For a poet this is painful but I am a terribly rational fellow for all my faults.  You have two choices and always two.  You can live or you can die.  To hate one's own self into health problems that are degenerative by nature is to die.   The reverse of eating everything in sight amounts to the same thing.  To live is to find out what your body needs for peak efficiency and do that.  If you can't solve your problems on your own, a councilor would be best.

6. lisadpreston profile image60
    lisadprestonposted 13 years ago

I rarely ever go into a forum and I don't even know why I clicked on this one.  I am glad I did.  You, my dear, are NOT FAT or OBESE.  For one thing, you had a baby 2 years ago.  You are supposed to be a little over weight.  Baby weight is the hardest to lose in the stomach area.  A new mother doesn't always have time to do the activities they used to do which kept them fit.  New mothers stay at home with their babies and take care of them and worry about the babies well being first.  You are being a good mother.  How dare your husband look at thinner women and their boobs.  He is totally disrespecting you period.  He would do this anyway whether you were thin or fat.  For him to make fun of your anxiety and panic attacks shows someone to me that is self centered and very uncaring.  I am sorry to be so blunt, but mean people irritate me and I don't like it when they intentionally hurt a person that is suffering.  Your inner beauty and personality is what will shine through to others.  You will be treated the way you allow and send messeges to others to treat you.  You have got to empower yourself mentally and emotionally.  The weight is not what is causing the disrespect from your husband, family and friends.  They see you as a weak doormat and are treating you as such.  This will happen even if you got skinny.  Start doing things for yourself that will build self confidence.  Accomplish things that will build your self esteem. I don't mean with the weight issue either.  When you become strong and stop being their victim along with tolerating their abuse, I promise you that they will see you in a whole new light and maybe have to start looking at their own issues instead of yours.  If you don't love you and think you are wonderful, nobody else will either.  Stop taking those diet pills.  Eat regular meals.  If you stop eating, your metabolism will slow down too much and make you fatter.  Try eating 7 very small meals a day.  Healthy foods.  Lots of veggies, proteins, fruits.  Everytime you eat, your metabolism speeds up.  Small meals often is the key.  You have to work out an excercise regime.  I'm saying all of this for your health.  I don't even think your fat by any stretch of the imagination.  If you lose weight, do it for YOU.  I don't like to talk about peoples husbands or family, but this guy seems very shallow.  Give him a taste of his own medicine and start looking at other men that are full of muscles and talk about how sexy they look.  See how that makes him feel.  Let me tell you, Real men love a woman to have a little meat on their bones.  Who would want a skeleton?  Nothing appealing about that.  I wish you the best and you remember by looking in the mirror everyday and by your accomplishments just how beautiful and special you are.

1. rafibarlev profile image59
      rafibarlevposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1. Learn to love who you are. You're not fat!

2. Men don't love skeletons, like lisadpreston said.

3. Just workout and eat 500 calories less a day to lose a 1 pound of week. But remember, you want to be FIT, not a skeleton. Some fat is healthy! (AND HOT lol!)

7. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Having experienced anorexia as a teen your post worries me. What you say sounds to me like you could be at risk of developing this very serious condition. I would love to say all the right words and change your thinking and self view but I doubt that that is possible over a forum. My suggestion would be to find someone you can talk to about this matter, a therapist would be a good place to start as they will take this seriously and you need to be taken seriously. Feeling badly about yourself down to weight is a horrible place to be, you deserve better then that and I really hope you find someone who can help you get the good feelings about yourself that you deserve. smile

8. tysanders profile image60
    tysandersposted 13 years ago

I went from 105 pounds to 170 pounds over the course of a few years and I don't have any children. Imagine how horrible I would feel if I defined who I am as a person by the way I look. I show my boyfriend pictures of me when I was thin and he says thank goodness he met me now because he thinks I looked sick when I was so skinny. I would like to lose 20 pounds and get down to 150 but in order to do that I have to change my eating habits and exercise more. Learn to love who you are no matter how thin or how big. I can relate to how you feel on the family comments because my mother jokes about my weight all the time. It doesn't make me feel good inside but I don't let it bother me either because I know who I am and I feel good about myself regardless.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)