Will you marry me comment......

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (44 posts)
  1. MissE profile image78
    MissEposted 13 years ago

So.....just to be funny I'm sure....someone made a comment on one of my articles, "Will you marry me?"  So I'm curious....do y'all think it's funny, cute, or CREEPY?  LOL!!!

1. ImChemist profile image58
      ImChemistposted 13 years agoin reply to this

haha , i think he was drunk when he send you this comment , but do you approve his comment?

1. MissE profile image78
        MissEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!!!!  I approved it........... as in I didn't delete it.  If he had checked out my profile he would have seen that I am happily married! big_smile  Which leads me to conclude that your theory is probably correct!

1. katiem2 profile image60
          katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I get tons of really out there comments from men.  I never post them, I always delete them and do not reply.  Unless of course I know and like them.... big_smile

2. emdi profile image62
      emdiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Take it in a positive way. He just meant, u look beautiful. I think he is correct :-)

1. MissE profile image78

Ahhhh...thanks!

3. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You never know what's in a persons heart. I would ignore it if it's from a stranger.

1. MissE profile image78

Yeah, I just said Thanks but I'm taken.

4. ChemKnitsBlog profile image59
      ChemKnitsBlogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've seen this kind of comment on pages/threads on other websites before.  You should be proud that someone was so impressed by you! smile

5. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm surprised it hasn't happened every time you publish a new hub.smile if it persists change to an avatar like me. I'm a  spitting image for George Clooney and I couldn't stand the flak. Never got offered a vacuum cleaner though lol

6. JustMike profile image65
      JustMikeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

well i think it depends was the hub saying how you are beutiful can cook never want to talk will surrender the remote anytime etc so it depends lol.

7. profile image0
      errandsinnigeriaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i think its sweet!

8. RetailPrincess profile image60
      RetailPrincessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would laugh. I'm sure the person wasn't serious, but maybe you should just delete your picture and personal info just to be sure this person doesn't show up at your bedside with a knife one night. ha-ha.

9. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

is he cute?  is he clean?  does he have Money?

2. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

IDK, that's one reason I use an avatar. what is the subject of the hub?

1. MissE profile image78

I think it's funny, but it did make me think twice about not using an Avatar.  It's just an article about my favorite books in the YA Fantasy genre.   It was just a random reader....not another writer.  Of course it could be a friend messing around!

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it probably was someone being crazy, just having fun.

I had my pic up when I first joined, but decided I would use an avatar that somewhat resembles my look and personality.

I've read enough about online stalkers that I'm careful about posting any of my pics online.. there are too many creepies out there.

1. MissE profile image78

Hmmmmm...do you still feel you can connect to your readers with an avatar?

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...i've proposed...i was just kidding around...i wouldn't take it seriously....i read a beautiful piece of work that moved me...the writer knew i was not serious - but maybe that is because i had read other pieces of their work before....

...i proposed to Daniel Carter too on a thread...i offered him a vaccuum cleaner in the deal...he didn't bite....  big_smile

...matter of fact, i might just propose to someone else this week  big_smile

1. MissE profile image78

LOL!  That's hilarious!  I'm sure it was a joke.  I'm just a very moving writer I'm sure. wink

1. MissE profile image78

What brand of vacuum was it?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...i see DC is around....let's see if he bites....maybe if i 'splain the type and reason he'll understand better and go for it....

...it was a hoover of course...he would have fun with it too....cleaning the rugs and stuff...  big_smile

1. MissE profile image78

Oh, see now if it was Kirby.....done deal!  Men like Kirby women. big_smile

...thanks for the advice....a Kirby....guess you got yourself a Kirbyguy!.....
              ....so..... he's reliable...performs well and has good qualities....

...i'm tossin' out the hoover as i write.....

....good to see you're havin' fun with this...  big_smile

2. profile image60
          logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know, but it sucks! smile

2. profile image0
        ssaulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

how fortunate of you big_smile

2. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And I'm still jittery about it, but I sure loved the offer!! It's good to be loved!
      smile

And, no, Someway was not drunk when she proposed to me. It was someone else who wasn't nearly as cool as her!  wink

...hey Daniel...good to bump into you again....have a great day!

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
          Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You too! You make life fun, my friend. I so love that about you....

4. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

I think it's kind of sweet and silly. The only problem might be if it persists.

But I have to say, I've been proposed to a few times by a person who was drunk. My reply is always "let's talk about it when you're sober."

Kind of kills the moment, but still, it's sweet in a way....

wink

1. profile image0
      JASON NICHOLSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think so that man must have been so excited and gone crazy after reading your hubs and profile that he must have thought that you were not married and he can marry you even though you are married lol lol lol lol
      Well MissE dont take it seriously. It's funny and cute also. Be cool and if he starts worring you more, report him to hubpages or completely ignore him and delete all his comments and fan mails.  cool big_smile big_smile

2. MissE profile image78

LOL!  Ok thanks!

5. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

I'd propose to you too, but first, are you rich?

1. MissE profile image78

LOL!  Define rich?

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

um, like a gamzillon bucks? i wore out my kirby too, but i has a dirt devil. tongue

2. lyndre profile image59
      lyndreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You never miss a pretty girl Charlie. smile

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I would think that they didn't bother reading the hub because they were too focused on the picture in your profile.

If I were to go by just the picture in your profile, and not read your profile, then I would have no problem proposing either. lol

1. MissE profile image78

Thanks!  Y'all are very sweet.

7. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

I remember steffi graf replying to fan - How much money do you have in bank ?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@skyfire - LOL

I think MissE because you're pretty! Just ignore it.

8. Ellarose92 profile image60
    Ellarose92posted 13 years ago

I would think thats pretty funny and cute haha, but then again it depends on what your hub was about. only if you could tell tone of voice through words!

9. profile image49
    aalina387posted 13 years ago

I think you are pretty and cute dear and you deserve it.Take it in positive way.

10. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

I get so many comments from ladies that I can't allow them to post on the site, I would be banned in a flash. So I give all of my overflow of gals to the Greek One, then suddenly all those gals forget I existed lol

11. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 13 years ago

Wow,you sure have the HP fellas hot under the collar.Personally I have much more self control than these dudes--------------------------------------PULEASE PICK ME,PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...I promise I won't stalk you...I promise...well...maybe a little...yikes)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)