who is top earner on Hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 14 years ago

Anyone know who makes the most money on hubpages.  (besidest the hubpages owners of course).  If you don't know then lets hear some speculating.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure someone who is a top-earner or near-the-top earner would be willing to make that public, because the minute s/he did it may attract any number of "questionable people" (or at least people with questionable motives).

I have a feeling anyone near or at the top learned a long time ago not to say a word about earnings.

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So true Lisa. smile

2. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

You might like this thread,

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/37033

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are so bad now you gave all of the secrets out, lololo big_smile

3. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

some earners are not active on forums(banned or bored), some never even made single post on forums/answers. so how will you find out top earner ?

4. thisisoli profile image74
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

We all know it's Hokey!

5. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 14 years ago

Ya I know the top earners are most likely the ones who dont comment or brag and they want to attract as little attention to their hubs as possible.  I do like the hub main page where you can randomely look at hubs activity.  Anyway that is why I said lets speculate and flush them out. LOL

1. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't like to think of anyone mentioning earnings as "bragging", because a  lot of people who have done it (myself included) have honestly wanted to let newer Hubbers know that it's worth hanging in and eventually seeing that earning on Hubs does happen.  It's just that there are good reasons not to say a word.  I really don't think any of the people who are free to talk about their earnings are bragging.  They're really helpful community members who do want to help other Hubbers and/or encourage them.

1. mailxpress profile image50
        mailxpressposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lisa,
        I agree with your point of view.  I would think someone who is using Hubpages and earning good money would want people to know it is possible and to hang in there.  Many people give up to soon and feel earning money online is a myth.  I hung in there and I can definitely see the potential to increase my earnings.  A couple of weeks ago I hit the minimum with Adsense and waiting for my check.  I also use Kontera with Hubpages and I see the revenue rising every week.  It's all in due time.
        mailxpress

2. relache profile image73
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Anyone who takes the time to do just a few forum and Hub searches will find a LOT of info disclosed on Hub earnings, how they were achieved and over what timeframe.

1. Lynda Gary profile image61
          Lynda Garyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dutifully noted.
          Searching now...

(thanks. good idea...)

2. DanPowers profile image48
      DanPowersposted 14 years ago

It's difficult to find this out, as the highest earners won't have the most hubs.

The top earners will also have several accounts.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
        Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So other hubbers can't simply read what works and copy(changing the hub enough so it isn't a copy and paste duplication) what is there including keywords and in so doing dilute the earnings from them...

1. mailxpress profile image50

Hi Mikel G,

I don't believe you can do that.  All hubs must be new and original content.  You are more than welcome to write about a subject you read about to share you take on it but copy and pasting is not allowed.
          Once I copy and pasted an article I wrote when I first joined and it was flagged.  I asked why since I wrote the article myself and the Hubpage representative explained to me what I did wrong.  So that is when I realized I can write about the same topic but I had to create new and original content.  I hope this helps.

which is exactly why I said to make a copy(talk about what they talk about) without copying and pasting.

In others words putting their hub into your own words.

For example lets say you find that snowblower repair is a big money maker. You find the top earners have snow blower repair hubs. They each have a take on it but the things that are the same in all the hubs are the parts that make the money. So you write your hub about snow blower repair, including the keywords or sections (re-worded to prevent duplication flagging) and you start getting hits that otherwise would have gone to the original hub.

Which is why they won't share with anyone the hubs that make them money, or the keywords or sources of the keywords. Because if they do, they will lose money. {Hint: the tags are what google uses to determine who to send where during searches. Hint 2: the top producers are the ones that make money for hubpages as well... they will be prominently displayed to increase traffic.}

2. mailxpress profile image50

I've heard of people having a few accounts too.  Just my opinion everyone but I feel joining a handful of websites similar to Hubpages is the way to go.  I write articles at a handful of different revenue sharing sites.  I started a couple of months ago and I have seen my Adsense, Kontera, Chitika and Infolinks revenue rising.
        Since the beginning of my writing spare time career online, I can see earning revenue being very profitable.
        mailxpress

3. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Even if you knew who the top earner is - you wouldn't know what to copy.

I've had some hubbers try and suss out my keywords. They follow my niches like puppy dogs. But no one has ever figured out what my Top 100 keywords or Top 10 Hubs are - not even close.

No one is more surprised than I am, at what works each day and what doesn't.

I'm not the top earner by a very long shot. But I bet a few folks are truly raking it in here. I think very big numbers are possible.

If I were to try I think I would start at the hubs under your other names...because the account you use to communicate would be the one that people would go to first. The one you never use to interact in the forums would be the one where you put your money makers...

So an inside scoop perhaps from someone on staff... as to who owns which sock puppets... and your off...

hmm

and then there is always the bait and switch tactics of "How to make money hubbing" that will draw those that think people are willing to give away the secrets that make them money... hmm (might even find one or two that click on the ads/links just to see if maybe the secret is there)

and of course the little e that shows you as a hubpages earner, the other accounts would have that on it too.

2. chigoiyke profile image60
        chigoiykeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I think you were once mentioned as one of the top earners. thank God you're speaking, but you gotta share some tips with folks you know.. lol

1. chigoiyke profile image60

304 hubs, I think that's legendary. The money cannot just decide to stop flowing nfrom any angle you know?

1. profile image0
            Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually with my other HP identities I have just over 600 hubs.

1. chigoiyke profile image60

Other identities? are you still writing?

1. profile image0

I wrote 5 hubs today. Plus worked on a couple of my other personal websites.

1. chinweike profile image59
                  chinweikeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

5 hubs? Nelle, you are simply good.

2. chinweike profile image59

Hobbing is very addictive. Once you start hubbing, it goes on and on. to answer your question Chigoiyke, she needs to continue writing.

2. Arthur Fontes profile image75
              Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is about 75 hubs a month.

Very impressive Nelle also very inspirational.

I have seen your hubs and you are a very good marketer as well.

4. Ohma profile image60
      Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Nelle Do you ever tell who the other identities are?

1. profile image0

No. I need quiet places to work. You wouldn't believe how critical people can be. I like to do a lot of experimentation - so I shake things up a lot.

People feel the need to tell me what I'm doing s**ks. And it's not that I'm particularly sensitive - I don't feel like taking the time to talk to them.

No one identity is more successful, because I don't have any idea which idea is better until the hubs are up and they start producing.

I travel alot so I don't think IP addresses will help. Nelle's sisters live in different states.

1. Ohma profile image60
          Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All makes perfect sense to me.

5. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Mikel, that little e just means I help with the 30 day challenge. Has nothing to do with earnings. It's not a dollar sign.

1. chinweike profile image59

But so much look like the EURO sign.

6. chinweike profile image59
      chinweikeposted 14 years ago

I may be the top earner you know? But, hey don't go copying all what i do as i have way too many identities just like Nelle.
      hehehehe Wow!

7. IntimatEvolution profile image67
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

I'd say it is Mark Knowles.  That is my guess anyways.

8. MyMastiffPuppies profile image60
      MyMastiffPuppiesposted 13 years ago

I can't really answer the question but... I can tell you honestly that it is NOT me! But my quest continues...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)