Hosni Mubarak worth 70 billion dollars!

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)
  1. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 13 years ago

Egyptians are working for a couple bucks a day while Mubarak lives like a Pharoah of old.
    Your thoughts?
    Qwark

1. profile image0
      ssaulposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I couldn't believe it when I heard it on the news, my gosh, that's a lot of cash, especially with the U.S. putting in over a billion dollar each year towards their military! smile

1. qwark profile image60
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

SSaul:
        Evidently, that's the cost of "friendship."
        Of course the "family" wealth is ESTIMATED at between 40 - 70 billion!
        Our tax Dollars hard at work!
        Disgusting!
        But then think of this, wasn't it not too long ago that Saddam was "Our friend?"
        We were feeding him "bookoos bucks" then too and he was also living the hi life on American tax dollars.
        It's a complicated and careless humanity we must exist within!
        Qwark

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Sounds just like the uk or usa to me. I personally
    Doubt the credibility of any source which suggests that
    He is richer than either gates or buffet.

Gates and buffet are american... Some americans walk around
    With bags picking cans out of bins, does that differ in any
    Way? India the same, china the same.

1. qwark profile image60

ryan:
      Oh yes, there's a world of difference!
      Most of those billionaires you mentioned were successful entrepreneurs/investors/inventors/old money etc., etc..
      They are not the greedy "dictatorial" politicians of nations who wallow in extreme wealth and luxury while their citizens eke out a meager living!
      Your response indicates, to me, a warped sense of credit earned  and economic reward.
      Qwark

3. profile image0

I can't really have any "sense of credit earned" yet alone
    A warped one if I doubt the credibility of a claim that mubarak
    Is the wealthiest man on earth.

I also feel the need to point out that the vast majority of people
    Picking cans out of bins would not have been afforded a college
    Education... There is still a high degree of elitism in western
    Societies and often it has more to do with what your parents
    And parents parents and parents parents parents achieved, gates
    Had the best of the best available to him from the
    Start.

1. qwark profile image60

Ryan:
      Ya gotta read with understanding! My goodness!
      I didn't say he was the richest man on earth!
      I just said he's worth 70 billion. That's just a claim...right or wrong..lol nuthin' to get excited about...smile:
      Now, of course, there's elitism in every society/culture.
      Much of the elitism was earned and passed on to kids. I don't find anything wrong with that.
      I find a helluva lot wrong with dishonest, greedy, criminal politicians becoming billionaires while citizens are being robbed and deprived.
      If i'd win a huge lottery, I'd make sure my future progeny would live the good life.
      Qwark

4. profile image0

That is pure hypocrisy, the elitists of the west are the very
    Same people propping up the dictatorships of the east.

Egypt, ally of the usa.
    Tunisia, ally of the usa.
    Morocco, ally of the usa.

There are dictatorships worldwide, but they are ok when they
    Trade with the west? what you will have now in egypt is a
    Democratically elected islamic fundamentalist government.
    Just like hamas in palestine. Mulabak suited the usa.

You wouldn't see the ivy league lot criticising the saudi
    Dictatorship would you? Not whilst you rely on their oil and
    Not whilst they hold their funds in your markets.

Mulabak was valuable to the elite in europe and the us, just like
    You would be calling iran your ally if it would sell you
    Oil and allow you to build a starbucks or two.

1. qwark profile image60

Ryan:
      You've made some good points.
      Oil rules! No doubt about that!
      I'm sure that you understand that money "absolutely" controls politics. That's just a given.
      There's not a damned thing you or I, singularly, can do about it.
      My fingers are crossed that the islamic brotherhood falls by the wayside. Islam is scary!
      The "clandestine" activities of those who "push-the_buttons," can only be known by such as you and I by time and results.
      My responsiblity is to me and mine.
      I cannot/won't waste my precious life worrying fruitlessly about the actions of the "controllers."
      You seem to be angry and frustrated?
      Qwark  smile:

5. profile image0

Nope not angry, accept what you can't change and deal
    With what you can change.

You cannot change the hourly rate of pay of egyptians,
    only they can and they are.

I have nothing against islam, nothing in the slightest,
    I also support the right of hamas to perform their duties
    As the elected heads of the state of palestine.

You seem to have missed my point. The usa and europe supported
    The egyptian dictatorship... Will they support the elected
    Government of egypt? Or will that support be dependant on
    "Cooperation"... Like I said, hypocrisy.

I look forward to the egyptian elections and hope that the
    World supports the new democratically elected government,
    Whoever they may be.

1. qwark profile image60

Ryan:
      The answer is as the "Rothschilds" stated; (paraphrase) money rules!
      Absolute power currupts...absolutely!
      There's not a damned thing you or I can do to influence the future of nations.
      I'm a 'fatalist" in that respect. What will be will be!
      I cannot get excited about that which I cannot control.
      As I said, I am but 1 human being who is, for the short time, responsible to me and mine.
      I will watch world events and adapt as needed to make my life as comfortable and enjoyable as possible while I live.
      I understand the character of the humanity I must exist within.
      My life in the USA has been great.
      I'd like all people to be as fortunate as I.
      Qwark

6. Midnight Oil profile image83
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

It doesn't surprise me at all - probably got a load of it banked here on the Isle of Man too like the rest of them...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)