Whoo hoo!! I've hit payout time again!!

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (74 posts)
  1. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

I got my first payout in Dec, and now I've hit google payout again! I'm stoked! The first payout took me 10 months, this one less than 3 months, so it's true that it starts accumulating faster.
    I'm loving it, so all you hubbers that haven't got there yet hang in there!

1. hubber-2009 profile image57
      hubber-2009posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Dorsi for your Fast Earnings..

2. Ryan Hupfer profile image61
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That is awesome!!

I wonder how long it will take before you get one every month?

3. packerpack profile image59
      packerpackposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean to say the payout for the earning on adsense from hubpages alone? If it is then it is really great! Congrats!

4. Ryan Hupfer profile image61
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Awesome news, Dorsi! Looks like your prediction came true -- you'll be getting a payout every month in no time. smile

5. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!!! big_smile My sewcond check is on its way also. Mine took a little longer than yours, but that's Ok with me.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations to both of you!

Beat the recession with Hub Pages smile

1. profile image0
          SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I recieved my check earlier today after I posted my first comment here. big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

6. mandybeau profile image58
      mandybeauposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Not the best at maths but that means you have gone from $2.50 per week to about $6.00 a week, is that right. I thin Boo Hoo rather than woo hoo might be appropriate.

1. BristolBoy profile image62
        BristolBoyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If my my memory serves me correctly this would be $100 divided by 13 weeks so $7.69 a week.  That is more than I am currently getting (last week I earned exactly $1).

1. mandybeau profile image58

Sorry to be so negative but would any of us really work for this sort of pay. Everyone says the like writing, and I clearly do, as I am struck off. But I can't believe people get excited about $7. whatever a week, its terrible remuneration.

1. BristolBoy profile image62
            BristolBoyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't think she was excited as such about the rate of earnings as I'm sure Dorsi could earn more elsewhere.  However, it is still $100 which she wouldn't have had if it weren't for hubpages, and I would celebrate getting an extra $100 as I'm sure you would (and before you say it I know it's not all about money).  Plus with her increases in earnings this is now over $100 dollar a month, which at a minimum is almost $25 a week.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image73
            Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

How many hobbies do you have that actually pay you, even $7/week... even just 1 cent a week?  Most hobbies I can think of cost money.

3. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
            pauldeedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If you do it right, you can build yourself a nice passive income stream.   There are many authors that are no longer very active on HubPages, but are still making an extra $25, $50, $100, $300, or even a $1000 a month from the hubs they've already written (with minimal maintenance).  Your hourly rate may seem rather pitiful as you progress through to the first couple of checks -- but with each evergreen hub you write, you are making an investment that can easily pay dividends over the course of several years, or longer ...  and hopefully you have fun and learn a thing or two along the way.

4. Dorsi profile image87
            Dorsiposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This is the way I look at it: I love to write, and I am able to be in the awesome position of not only doing what I love to do but I am also learning while I'm earning. Learning while I'm earning has always paid off for me. Maybe I'm not making enough money here to make the mortgage payment but that's not the point. One day I will be able to do that, I have no doubt.
            Slow and steady is the way.
            There are no get rich quick schemes, and everything I am doing here is leading to a great passive income flow. Sort of set it and forget it (not quite because you still need to maintain what you have done)
            Between my activities here and some other projects I am working on I will have a very comfortable income, in about a year I am guessing. I don't want to be back in the corporate grind again, maybe part-time but I'm off that full-time over-time crazy treadmill!!

5. Marisa Wright profile image85
            Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes, of course it is - but the point is, it's passive income.  I've been here 2 years and have only earned about $400 in all that time.  Clearly, $16 a month sounds pathetic.

However, that income comes from 70 Hubs - which means that so far, each Hub has earned around $5.  Again, I'd expect to be paid more for each article if I sold them on a freelance site - but the point is, they're going to go on earning as long as the site exists, and at a higher rate every month.  So ultimately, I should hope to earn more per article than if I had sold them elsewhere.   

On top of that is my other income - the income that I get because I'm able to promote myself and my other sites in my Hubs.  The links mean my other sites get more exposure which means they are more successful. And if (if!) I ever finish my novel, I already have an identity on the internet (try Googling my name), which will make promotion easier.

I get what you are saying will read your Hubs, I just question the point that we write because we enjoy it and a big Corp creams off the taking, Like I saide to Maudie Rudd, no artist would undersell a painting, Hubs are often works of Art, so they should not be undersold either. I fully understand that people are getting something from this, but think the rewards should be way better.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85

I agree, I wouldn't accept peanuts just because I enjoy it.  I stopped writing at Helium.com for that exact reason. 

I write at HubPages because I feel that over time, I will get a fair return for my work.  Maybe I should have clarified that although each Hub has earned around $5, that money isn't being earned evenly month after month.  For the first three months I earned almost nothing.  Then gradually, the daily income started to build.  These days I'm earning $30 a month, and I've only written two new Hubs in six months.

2. Dorsi profile image87

As a former small business owner though I can appreciate the fact that Hubpages is a business too. They provide a fantastic set-up for us writers, provide training and learning through the forums, and they need to make money too. I am perfectly happy to share in my earning with HubPages for that reason. As far as I can see Hubpages is the best writing platform for us writers to do what we do- and earn and learn at the same time.
                I didn't like the platform at Helium and don't write there because I don't see any real earning potential, I don't like the way the site is set up and I don't like their system.
                So I am happy with Hubpages and know that the money they make is going to pay salaries, costs, leases and all the other things that businesses have to pay for.
                Running a business is very costly.

1. Lissie profile image75
                  Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

HubPages kept me on the net when I really was going to give up on the whole online making money thing. It was the only place I was making any money, albeit how small, and the only place that I actually got any feedback at all. Rather than being someone who considered themselves a writer it taught me that I could actually write - which was news to me!

It also taught me, via the flagship hub program, what a keyword was, or in fact that such a thing existed and was important. Hubpages also taught me what ever green content was, I got paid today for hubs I last edited about a year ago.

The response from fellow writers here made me start my own blog again - and miraculously people actually even read it!

Hubpage is a business, and earning money on the internet is about being in business -a point quite a lot of people seem to miss! No one owes you an income here - you have to work, you have to provide content that other people want to read.

Hubpages has the most transparent and ethical revenue sharing program on the Internet bar  none. They also have the most open and uncontrolled forum compared to similar sites that I have seen. 

Perhaps people who are worried about earning only a few pennies should try to find another business which will pay you to learn - most learning institutions charge you in my experience ...

BTW in the first 2 days of April I made the same in Adsense as I made for the whole of Feb 08...

1. earnestshub profile image81
                    earnestshubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well said lissie. You are a legend on hubpages, I have learnt so much from your generous advice.

2. mandybeau profile image58

Ditto, Hub pages are great, and as you said they lend a great platform for our little creative minds lol. I just feel that in a way,  the whole thing could work for everyone, I mean clicking ads, doesn't make sense from my marketing background, as people click for a variety of reasons, and then the n don't click on your own ads, well agn someone might just be interested the point of all advertising is that it gets you noticed. So charging a rate for advertising is most pragmatic I feel. The whole click thing is subject to click theft, and I believe that since we all know that this is occurring, it is surely a bigger threat to these affiliate programmes than a few people clicking on their own, or their friends ads, We seem to be defeating the purpose abit an ad is mean to be seen. If there was some way to  measure the useful ads, and charge more for success , then rewards would be greater.for all parties.

7. Shil1978 profile image87
      Shil1978posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Dorsi - you are on your way to monthly payouts.

2. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

Congrats Dorsi! The frequency of payout gets shorter and shorter each round. Soon you'll be getting paid monthly.

3. bhoge profile image60
    bhogeposted 15 years ago

Congrtulations Dorsi! big_smile

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Lucky you, I'm only half way smile

5. charlemont profile image73
    charlemontposted 15 years ago

Congrats, Dorsi!
    Monthly payouts will get you additional stimulus to hub more big_smile

6. ilovehubbing profile image59
    ilovehubbingposted 15 years ago

Congrtulations

7. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

Nice one, Dorsi! Here's to the next payout (-:

8. WeddingConsultant profile image65
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

Dorsi, you rock! You've earned every bit of it, too.

9. Shirley Anderson profile image72
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

Congrats, Dorsi!  smile

10. f1b0n4cc1 profile image59
    f1b0n4cc1posted 15 years ago

good news ,congratz , i hope google adsense also accept me  , so i can start earning money too.By the way i can earn from other ways from internet , but i also want to use adsense. wink

11. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

Hey and I've noticed since I hit my second payout that I've had my best 2 days on adsense! I wonder if there is any correlation between the 2?

1. Dorsi profile image87

Thanks everybody and I've noticed since I hit my second payout that I've had my best 2 days on adsense! I wonder if there is any correlation between the 2?

1. Lissie profile image75
        Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Not causal - but I had the same thing - basically  your hubs have got old and that's a good think for the SERPS rankings. It took 12 months for my first payout 3 months for the next, 3 months for the next and the next, now Ive getting paid every second month for last 4 months - so hopefully soon Ill hit that once a month thingy!

1. LondonGirl profile image82
          LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Lissie - sorry to be thick, but could you explain what you mean?

12. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 15 years ago

I have noticed adsense seems to pay better as you go along. Congrats on the pay days!

13. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

Dorsi, congratulations!
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e141/Resqsquad911/ER/SMILEYS/Excited_smiley.gif

14. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 15 years ago

Congratulations, Dorsi!

15. f1b0n4cc1 profile image59
    f1b0n4cc1posted 15 years ago

dear friends i wonder that in how many days google accepted you to adsense program.? it really take too much time from Turkiye.for example  1-2 months

16. Anna Marie Bowman profile image74
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 15 years ago

Congrats, Dorsi!!!!  Still waiting on my first...slow going...

17. profile image0
    Nancy's Nicheposted 15 years ago

Congrads Dorsi--you've proved "it can be done!" Perseverance is the name of the game...

18. BristolBoy profile image62
    BristolBoyposted 15 years ago

Well done.  I have started on this site realtively recently and am only just starting to get the hang of things, but even myself I realise that the traffic, and therefore payment increases as time passes.

19. lawretta profile image61
    lawrettaposted 15 years ago

Congrats Doris, i hope to get my 1st pay too.

20. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

Congratulations!!!! big_smile

21. Journey * profile image70
    Journey *posted 15 years ago

Congratulations Dorsi. That's great news! -Journey*

22. Triplet Mom profile image66
    Triplet Momposted 15 years ago

Congrats Dorsi and thanks for sharing!! It really helps me to know what might happen for me soon!

23. profile image0
    TheSandmanposted 15 years ago

Dorsi,  You give me hope I keep thinking that I'm, doing something wrong with how I have my adds set up or something. I seem to get a lot of page impressions but not much money still haven't hit a payday and your the first person that has said they did though intellectually I knew others must have you have given me tangible hope and  I say to you  CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AND DOUBLE WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile smile smile It's a smiley parade for Dorsi

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It took her 9 months to get to the first pay out, me too. Of course, half of mine came from another site.

24. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

Thanks everybody! I should be getting my check from Google anyday- close to $200. And I hit payout again this month so that means I'll get another check next month. So 10 months,then 2 and it looks like every month now.
    It works guys!!

25. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

That is awesome Dorsi! congrats! smile can I borrow some money? tongue lol wink jk

1. Dorsi profile image87

lol...I think it's already spent - bills!! sigh.........

26. vinita ghulghule profile image59
    vinita ghulghuleposted 15 years ago

hey
    how are u ?

i am mukund from india

27. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 15 years ago

Congrats Doris.

28. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 15 years ago

Congratulations, Dorsi! That is brilliant! You prove it can be done! I am still waiting for my first!

29. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years ago

Congrats Dorsi !
    I honestly believe that this money earned here on hubpages is worth more then just mere dollar value. I will be at my second payout too soon. As like with everyone the first one took forever (13 months) but this second one will probably be less then four months.

I still think hubpages is the best place to belong to...
    regards Zsuzsy

1. Dorsi profile image87

BTW Zsuzsy I've been meaning to tell you congrats on winning that $200 for the hub you wrote on the carbon advice group contest. It was a great hub!! Great going!!

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
        Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Dorsi. That's the first time I ever won anything.

1. WeddingConsultant profile image65
          WeddingConsultantposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wow, yes congrats, what an awesome thing. Did I miss the announcement for the $200 hub reward? smile

30. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

I wish it was my payout time sad

~thranax~

1. Dorsi profile image87

Be patient - it will happen!! It will!!

31. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

It's not just about the money possibility either hmm what about your reputation big_smile now that's a invaluable prize n a half I think! smile

1. Dorsi profile image87

Exactly! It's a great way to put who you are out there in cyber world, and make a difference in other peoples lives! My counselor said that if you can hit that intersection- where you are working on your passion, making money doing it and helping other people you are in the top 3% of people who are actually doing what they should be doing and having fun doing it!
      Works for me.

32. DonnaCSmith profile image83
    DonnaCSmithposted 15 years ago

Congratulations! And thanks for the encouragement.

33. mandybeau profile image58
    mandybeauposted 15 years ago

My friend has just told me that she has a hobby making coats for dogs, she makes $20.00 US per coat, so i guess it depends on what hobby, you indulge in.

34. LondonGirl profile image82

coats? for dogs?

the mind boggles. Surely they come with a ready-made one of their own?

You are sharp, I can see that you would make one hell of a barrister, I didn't see that one coming lol
      Mandy

35. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

Yup I got my check, and I did hit payout for last month too. So fingers crossed this will be monthly now.
    Exciting stuff and thanks everybody!

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Could not happen to a nicer girl! Congratulations and may you continue to prosper.

36. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 15 years ago

I wonder how much is made monthly by the big hitters here on hubpages, but I doubt those making real money will say much about it. Jimmiethejock is pulling down about #300 a month, but I have seen no big figures although logic would suggest that if you have 500 hubs, the income should be more substantial.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85

I've seen a few of the big hitters admit to $1,000 a month.

37. Dorsi profile image87
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

YOU GUYS, I can't believe this. I've had the best 2 days on Adsense ever!!! If this keeps up I won't have to get a stable job.I'm halfway to payout already and it's only April 3rd. Whoaa!
    YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!

38. LondonGirl profile image82

congrats to you both!

39. composed profile image62
    composedposted 15 years ago

this is a great thread... no doubt.  thanks to all.

and finally, i am starting to see some Adsense clicks!  i think i can build on them!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)