If you believe in god.....

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (98 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Despite having no conclusive evidence, then does that mean that you also believe in:

The Yeti
    Bigfoot
    The Loch Ness Monster
    Chupacabra
    UFO's

And does not believing in these things make me in some way inferior? Because, whilst I have no problem with those that do believe in each of these things, I place 'God' alongside the five other 'entities' on this list as mythical things that I firmly do not believe in. Ghosts is a grey area, I have seen a couple, I am 99% sure that they were hallucinations, sleep paralysis or semi-concious dreams though.

Feel free to discuss?

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would probably believe if I had experience with those things you listed. Since I haven't, I neither believe nor disbelieve because anything is possible.

2. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Creator, termed by most as an entity, is not.
      Comparing the sum-substance that is the Universe equal to a thing in the universe seems odd. Even so, as a non-theist, non-atheist and most certainly a human being, I would in no way consider you inferior -unless you actually believe in the term of god and the others you mentioned.

James.

3. karen222 profile image37
      karen222posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello

I feel Its not really a matter of whether i  believe in a god, as much as a feeling of knowing their is one! Think of the word god as a label, a name etc

There is a major difference between believing in something and knowing something to be true. 

A believe can change tomorrow, ( it can be influenced by an assortment of different views and aspects!)

To know something-is a truth that resonates in you. (knowing some form of truth (what ever the subject), has profoundly change some peoples
      lives!)

I think we need to find our own truth through our experiences in our lives, evolve and  project, our individual truth ( through intentions.) Be true to your self and live your truth, what ever that may be....

4. solar10 profile image60
      solar10posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe that they (all your listed) are exit, but can not be compared with the God whom I believe.

5. Danny R Hand profile image61
      Danny R Handposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It means I believe in love, mercy, compassion, and kindness. Maybe if more people tryed to mimic spiritual principles, we would have a better world. Ya think?

6. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i've dated at least two of those creatures

1. profile image0
        BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean you also dated Yeti!!!
        That yeti is a slut!!
        Broke my heart for sure!!

7. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe people want a God they can attribute some miracles that looks like them - the figure of a God - Jesus Christ is a white person, he looks good with well chiseled nose, etc. They don't want those mythical things you have just enumerated even though maybe some also believe in them.

2. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

What REALLY Concerns me is that Wiki Leaks provided some references on all those things that you just listed here! hmm

Interestingly though, Nothing on God could be found worthy of the release... Wonder Why? hmm

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No money in that topic PD,not even the tiniest political scandal even smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well ya gotta admit one thing ,both authors are on lockdown lol

My moneys still on the carpentar smile

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

How's this for a twist. I believe that space is infinite. Couple in the strong probability of parallel dimensions this creates infinite possibilities. Anything anyone has ever imagines can and should be out there, being played out. Unicorns? Sure! UFO's? You Betcha! wink
    God, sure why not? Somewhere out there there is a universe that was created by a God, possibly in 7 days time of course, but is this that one? This is where belief comes in, some think so, some think no. Does it make that big a difference to the person you are or the choices you would make, really? It's really just for fun big_smile

4. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

Actually, I think the reason people believe in anything is because they believe the evidence they have is conclusive. Whether it can be proven to the guy sitting next to them is beside the point. I'm with you though. Why get worked up over it? Who cares what the other guy thinks?

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Indeed, and believers should be free to believe. If you believe in God then you should be free to believe in God, if you believe in UFOs then you should be free to believe in UFOs. It's just that believers of UFOs, Nessie and Bigfoot don't go through quite the same lengths to convince you to believe. We are free to assume those are a hoax or a myth, yet are challenged when we suggest that same about the existance of a God.

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

On some levels I agree with you. But, in fairness to those that feel the need to attempt to make you religious, I think they probably do it out of some idea of love. Maybe they just want to hang with you on heaven. I don't think you can equate belief in an afterlife with Bigfoot.

Although I firmly believe in tolerance, I think everyone has the right to stand up for their beliefs. That's all I see in this forum. Except for the occasional loose screw. I mean, some of the threads are hilarious. They're simply thrown out there to get a reaction.

5. aka-dj profile image66
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

I don't believe in those you listed.
    They are a fun idea.
    But, they are not in the same class as God.

I doubt anyone worships Yet etc.
    Well, maybe UFO occupants but hey...whatever.

1. profile image0

The question is 'belief' or 'faith', isn't having a 'belief' or 'faith' a universal concept? Have believers and those with faith lost sight of what belief or faith mean by very definition? Belief and worship are too very different things, you can believe in something without worshipping it. Belief is defined as "Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something". I believe that lions exist, because I have seen them like most, but that doesn't mean I should worship them.

2. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It would appear the "class" defined in the OP is that of conclusive evidence. Yes, your god is in the same class, that is, unless you've defined a different class than that of the OP. smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No - they have a whole range of classes to differentiate. A belief in the Christian God is "perfectly rational," whereas a belief in the Flying Spaghetti Monster is just "silly."

1. victor2322 profile image61
          victor2322posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't say it is silly. I would just say I don't share your belief.

And then you have the stuff like the fact that there is more historical evidence to suggest Jesus was real than most "accepted" historical figures.

I havent seen ANY evidence to ever suggest there was ever any significance to a flying Spaghetti monster.

1. dingdondingdon profile image60
            dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree there is historical evidence that the man Jesus lived. There is absolutely none that he was the son of God.

1. victor2322 profile image61

There is actually quite a bit of evidence to suggest Jesus is everything the Bible claims he was.

That being said, I realize that "evidence" is not fact. In crime scenes, the evidence often points investigators to a certain decision. But sometimes, additional evidence or new evidence makes them realize they mis interpreted the original evidence.

My faith is not a brick wall that I feel I must defend all the time. It is more like a trampoline. It is something I enjoy and invite others to join me if they like. I love my God and I love my faith. You do not "defend" the things you love. You do not take pictures of your kids and shove them in someones face and try to convince them how great your kids are. No, you don't. You lovingly share pictures of your kids with other people and invite them to enjoy them with you.

That is my faith. Faith is not Fact. If it were, then it would stop being faith.

6. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

To think people who believe in nothing are standing in judgement of those who at least are willing to consider the possibly.

1. profile image0

So if you do not believe in god you do not believe in anything? I believe in myself, I believe in my friends, I believe in my favourite sports star, I have plenty of 'belief'; it just so happens that one thing that I do not believe in is god, just like I do not believe in the Loch Ness Monster. People can believe in one thing and not another.

1. SpanStar profile image61
        SpanStarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ryankett

The point being who are you to also not be able to disprove the exist of God means you're right!

1. profile image0

I am not claiming to be right or wrong in respect of the existance of god, I am stating that a lack of belief in god is no different from a lack of belief in the Loch Ness Monster. I am also stating that a belief in god is no different from a belief in the Loch Ness Monster; there is a possibility that the Loch Ness Monster does exist, I cannot discount that, but I do not believe that he exists. In order to "believe" in the Loch Ness Monster I would need "Mental acceptance of and conviction in the truth, actuality, or validity of something". I am not going to believe in the Loch Ness Monster unless I see him, in person, else I contravene that very definition. Do those who believe in something that they cannot prove, those who believe in anything not just god, also question the accuracy of this definition? And if so, how would they define "belief"?

I am asked if I have a belief in god, by people who cannot themselves define "belief" or explain "belief" as a concept, in the all encompassing sense. Remember that belief is not a word or concept associated only to god but to our everyday lives.

To classify someone's religion to unproven speculation is implying one has enough knowledge to deem themself something of an authority in this matter which is saying I know better then you thereby saying you are making a right and wrong distinction.

People can believe any thing and many times they have, people use to worship animals and I believe Satan do or did worship cats.  People believe in little green aliens and though I don't agree with these concepts I don't spend my days trying to tell them since you don't think like I do you are wrong.

1. profile image0

But you are now classifying things that others believe in as unproven speculation; therefore as guilty in the eyes of a Bigfoot believer as I apparently am to a believer in god. Again, I am not discounting the possibility of the existance of any of the things listed (including god or bigfoot). The objective of my thread is not to tell people that they are wrong in their belief, the fact that I don't believe is irrelevant to my point, the objective of my thread is to point out that the belief or non-belief in god is no different to the concept of belief in the Loch Ness Monster or non-belief in the Loch Ness Monster. I will not be dragged away from the intended direction of this thread.

Understand this those are your opinion but your statements sounds like it's your facts.  You are  making the comparsion from belief  of an object to that which is beyond human conprehension  and unless one is expert in both fields I frankly don't see how they can make such statements.

1. profile image0
                  jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you believe something you can't comprehend!!
                  interesting
                  lughdjjnvdgkhv
                  the above one is something you will never comprehend, so believe in it  lol

2. karen222 profile image37
                  karen222posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thats because the comparison is there.  whether its the belief in an object or the belief in a God.
                  When it comes down to it, its still just a belief in something.

Whether it is an object or a belief in something that is beyond human comprehension it is still just a belief in something.

It is not the word belief, its just a word!

it is the depth of the passion that drives the individuals belief which makes one belief more important then the other. (its still just a belief)

2. victor2322 profile image61

To address your thread. I think it is very safe to say that there is more evidence of Jesus Christ and God than the above listed items.

And if you believed in any of those things I would say "OK, whatever." I do not see a benefit in believing in UFO's, bigfoot, loch ness, or any other thing we can't prove at this point.

And if it did come out that any of those things were true I would say "cool" and that's about it. There are no "eternal" implications in belief in these things no matter which way I fall.

There are eternal implications to a belief in God so I was prompted, not by fear mind you, but sheer fascination and curiosity.

I examined numerous studies and historical works and came to the conclusion that there had to be something more out there than just a "cosmic accident."

I can easily see how someone could take the same investigative steps I did, but come up with the exact opposite conclusion.

I do not judge those people or tell them how wrong they are, or how evil they are, or that they will burn in hell. I am quite confident that I will see the most adamant and loud atheist in heaven with me.

1. profile image0
                  Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

and what is this 'more evidence'?

In other words, you ignored all the evidence science has discovered that shows it was just a "cosmic accident" so to speak? smile

1. livelonger profile image86
                    livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What caused the "cosmic accident"?

You're on weak footing if you claim that current science has all the answers. We're still trying to figure it all out.

2. victor2322 profile image61

No Beelzedad,

I look at all the evidence. Now, when it comes to evidence, it is not a fact. "Evidence" is not fact because "evidence" can be very subjective. Also, evidence can be wrong. You see it at crime scenes all the time. Initially, it looked like suicide. But upon further review and additional eveidence we found out the wife killed her husband and then staged it to look like suicide.

It goes both ways. There is very credible evidence for Jesus. I am not going to list it here, you can google it.

There is evidence for a creator and there is evidence for a cosmic accident. Even if we found out that evolution was 100% true, that wouldn't shake my faith. My faith is not a brick wall that I feel I have to defend all the time. My faith is more like a trampoline. I enjoy my faith and I invite others to join me if they wish. I love my faith and you don't defend the things you love. You don't take pictures of your kids and shove them in peoples faces and hope to "convince" them of how great your kids are. Instead, you share pictures of your kids with other people and invite them to enjoy them with you.

7. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

The Yeti
    Bigfoot
    The Loch Ness Monster
    Chupacabra
    UFO's

All of the above reside in my back yard.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cool what fun!

8. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Damn, what's with all the non-believers suddenly making forum threads in the religious section? I am too, but I keep my mouth shut,,, most of the time.

In answer to your question Ryan, the simple reason they believe in a God yet not in bigfoot is acceptance.

Most people are brought up and told that yes, there is a god. It's universally accepted as truth, as fact. To not believe makes you an outsider.

If your parents tell you something is the fact, and all your friends say it is, and you see all your town going to church and believing it is,,, then damn,, you think it must be right and true!

However believers of bigfoot are small and ridiculed, so you say they are not true. Humans accept what they are taught.

Which brings up my saying "everything is relative". If you were born into a Muslim family in the middle east, chances are you would believe in Allah or whatever.

If your born into a Catholic family, you most likely grow up believing,, uh,,,, whatever the believe. big_smile

We all, for the most part, grow up believing what our parents, friends and culture tell us. Those who change their minds often still think there is a god because that whole principle, a god made us, is so universally accepted.

Everything is relative. We all view things and the world relative to how we are raised or go through.

I don't give a damn what people believe in. However the trouble with most religions is that in many ways and even in legal ways, they DO force their believes on all others.

Bed time here now, nighty nite! smile

9. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

lol lol lol

10. Quilligrapher profile image73
    Quilligrapherposted 13 years ago

You believe there is no conclusive evidence there IS a God. However, in the words of President Bill Clinton, “It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is.” 
    Logically speaking, failure to prove there IS a God does not prove that God does not exist. It is impossible to logically prove a negative.
    I, however, believe IN God with out having to believe there IS a God.  I can understand God as a symbol, a figure of speech, a metaphor for many aspects of life that no one has YET been able to explain.  As such, it matters not if I can prove God does or does not exist because I can clearly see what God represents.
    If the metaphors used by some religions are of value in my search for the truth, then I believe in the metaphors and don’t insist that they be proven facts.  There is much to be learned about living from the Koran, and the Bible, and a Good Housekeeping magazine.  When I find it, I use it.

11. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I believe in God and UFOs. I think Bigfoot and Nessie are possible. I don't believe in goat suckers.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe in most probabilities events or things had happened unless someone can disprove it to me.

I believe God is love, and it,s not only possible, its work in my own life, just don't know how to putit into words.

I believe greater intelligent life forms on other planet, as you can see, these Alien have not yet arrived.

As far as one and only right way to universal god Religion, = hogwash.

12. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 13 years ago

I'm not entirely sure why someone else's beliefs should matter to anyone else except the person who believes them.

If you're against proselytizing, that's another matter entirely. But not all people who believe in God believe in proselytizing (and not all people who believe in God are Christian). And, as it's very clear here, there are plenty of atheists who also believe in proselytizing. I think the behavior is obnoxious, and a sad way to try to control other people's minds.

What you do is ultimately what matters. If a belief in God, or yourself, or a giant purple hippo, or nothing at all, is what motivates you to get up and do some good in the world, then what should that matter to anyone else?

And if you think all the bad that happens in the world is due to religious belief, then you couldn't be more misguided. Ideology doesn't always have religious underpinnings. Sometimes that's just the window dressing.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm actually saddened to hear that. sad

How so?

So many wars and destructive things have happened in the world, simply because someone believed something. And, then you go and say something like why should it matter to other people what people believe.

The consequences have been devastating to say the least and I'm saddened that anyone would have a belief that other people's beliefs don't affect anyone other than themselves.

That's all.

That's not true. You can believe all the most horrible things but not actually do anything bad. In that case, I couldn't possibly care what someone's personal beliefs are.

And there are lots of people who do horrible things out of a sense of selfishness or greed. Many of them say they do so because their religion tells them to, and that turns out to be utterly unsubstantiated. Do you think those plundering the Levant during the Crusades were doing so because of their religion or out of greed?

Belief does not necessarily translate to action. Action is what matters.

Actions come from beliefs in most cases and not based on true knowledge or wisdom. Any action that is taken from a belief that is selfish based is dangerous, even if no action is taken, because the underlying action of forming the belief was made, for which, is selfish. So, anything that happens, either action or none(no action is still an action), because of a belief that is selfish is still and remains detrimental to the survival of humanity.

Do you think selfishness, greed and malice are religious beliefs, or beliefs at all?

Selfishness, greed and malice are not beliefs, but are descriptive words for actions that can be judged.

Not all beliefs are selfish or made from greed nor have malice intent.

Example: The rare instance, I am going to share one belief I consistently hold- the Boston Redsox are going to win the world series.

That belief has no selfishness, greed or malice to it and it harms no one.

There you go!

13. philipandrews188 profile image61
    philipandrews188posted 13 years ago

I only believe in God.

14. megs78 profile image61
    megs78posted 13 years ago

I once wrote a philosophy paper likening God to Santa.  I made the argument that Santa gave children something to look forward to. It also gave parents disciplinary authority and a way to keep their children in line.  and to me, that seemed much the same thing that God was doing for us.  In my bitter adolescence, I thought that God was a concept conceived by authoritarians to keep the population in check and to keep people hoping and wanting to live. 

I have since scrapped that belief, realizing that my bitterness is what colored my view of everything.  I now know that I cannot deny His presence in my life and in the people around me.  its impossible. and it doesnt matter to me that other people dont see it or feel it.  I do, and thats all that matters.

15. vector7 profile image60
    vector7posted 13 years ago

There are many historical documents that are considered accurate with only a few copies.

Do some research on the copies and accuracy of the New Testament. You'll find it's the most accurate collection of historical documents the modern world has knowledge of.

There also tons of other proofs I've been through during my personal lifetime. But they're just that... personal. You wouldn't believe it even if I told you buddy. lol

Those who don't believe it just don't want a God.

Those who don't want God, will certainly find a way for Him and Jesus to not exist.

smile

1. profile image0

What I found about the NT is that each gospel was written by unknown authors (probably church clergy) who named them after disciples & each was written several decades after Jesus was supposed to have lived ie no eye-witness accounts

Yes, your personal experiences are exactly that which don't follow reality in that regard.

Everyone is free to do that, just like you are free to present it here to substantiate your wild claims.

Of course, we know that ain't gonna happen. smile

16. vector7 profile image60
    vector7posted 13 years ago

Everyone... Please do your own research. Some will attempt to tell you what they want you to know rather than letting you look.

Trust your own work...

smile

1. profile image0

yes, but beware of biased sources eg the creationist websites that have a pile of BS about evolution, like monkeys giving birth to humans

1. profile image0

That is true.
        They spread lies.
        Even science books get it wrong when they describe our evolution as an accident that happened overnight when it was a gradual change.

I guess you have to read as widely as possible. It seems Facebook, gum wrappers and Cereal boxes are not adequate resources.

1. profile image0

yes, terms like 'cambrian explosion' are misleading

2. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Damn! You just dist all my research resources! lol

1. profile image0

I know how you feel.
            I was raised to believe that Cereal boxes could teach me all I needed to know about life.
            I guess Snap, Crackle, and Pop aren't the intellectuals I believed them to be sad

17. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 13 years ago

The evidence is all around you.AS it is written,For this they are Willingly ignorant of.

1. Beelzedad profile image58

Where? smile

1. Apostle Jack profile image59
        Apostle Jackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In supernatural existence,celestial existence,and spirituality,which have No DNA,no cells,no atoms,no elements,no neurons nor matter.It is in that which have no brains nor heart,but yet have intellect,personality,like a lot of sea creatures.
        You ask the question ...where,and I ask the question...where is it not?

1. Beelzedad profile image58

In other words, fairy tales.

Yes, I know.

Thanks for offering nonsense. Well done. roll

1. Apostle Jack profile image59
            Apostle Jackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If You have no defense but silly words,then it is more than proof that your belief is foolishness.

18. profile image0
    Robin71posted 13 years ago

Hi,
        I'm no expert, but here's my opinion.  I am a Christian so yes I believe in God, but I'm also a Dreamer/Fiction Writer, so I believe in the Loch Ness, Big Foot, Fairies, Unicorns, Ghost's, UFO's-Alien's, Leprecaun's, Santa Claus, etc.  I believe that God made them all.  I mean if He can make messed up old me-then why not. 

I think it is up to each person as to what they believe or who they believe in.  I believe that your walk with God is just that-YOUR walk with God.  It's not for me or anyone else to say what is right or wrong for you.  You are free to believe or not believe what ever you want.  It's your life to live not mine and certainly not anyone else's.

I think that is part of the world's problem, we've become to PC and to worried about the person next to us to really see the problems in our own lives.  Perhaps we're afraid that if we did step back and take a good look at ourselves we'ed find we aren't as smart or as brave as we'ed like to BELIEVE we are.

19. marimccants profile image59
    marimccantsposted 13 years ago

i believe in them all.

20. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Me too what she said.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hi diane! hows it going? smile

21. jcnasia profile image60
    jcnasiaposted 13 years ago

I think that many of the responses in this thread are ironic because they are based on the following unproven believe or something similar to it.

"The only way I can know/believe something is if there is scientific evidence or I've experience it personally."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)