Recording Session

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (35 posts)
  1. ComposerGoneWild profile image67
    ComposerGoneWildposted 13 years ago

TODAY I HAVE A FOUR HOUR RECORDING SESSION!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!! I AM SO EXCITED!

You have no idea...I hardly slept last night and I am just about ready to wet myself with excitement...maybe I should try to sleep a little more.  My appointment is not until about 3:30...so yeah....

I am primarily getting selections from my new musical The Frog Prince done.  Wow...I can't believe how great things are turning out.  I think I am going to be very happy tonight when I post the recordings to my website and hub about The Frog Prince.

Yay!!!

1. Shinkicker profile image52
      Shinkickerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All the best for the recordings

2. 6 String Veteran profile image67
      6 String Veteranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

4 hours is like 10 minutes with this stuff (recording / mixing / losing one's mind, etc. LOL). I have 1 or 2 tracks to record for a client and then I will either take a break or go straight to mixing. And, oh, the little ones are with me (the Mrs. is away for the day)...my ideal session.

Best 2 u on your project!

3. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Send me a link to your website. I want to hear! Congrats and good luck!

ComposerGoneWildposted 13 years agoin reply to this

www.frogprincemusical.webs.com but the new recordings are not on there yet.

1. profile image0

Website looks good. Looks like you're on the right path. I wish you much luck. You're definitely braver than I am. I got tired of trying to get my music out there. I think I gave up too quickly, but you seem to have the right attitude and that's the key to success. smile

do you have a music website or some recordings posted?  I'd love to look at your work as well!

1. profile image0

I was on myspace for a while, but I took it out. I had small successes, but I had no real direction. I was all over the place. I guess it's my personality. I have recorded piano concertos with orchestras, I have had songs recorded by well known latin artists, and I've done background vocals in several recordings of other latin singers, etc. (I HATE LATIN MUSIC) My own music was a mixture of world music (not new age). I sang and all arrangements were mine. They've played my music in Europe, but everything that happened to me was by chance. I never followed through with anything. It's just not that important to me. My last project was playing in a rock band, which I enjoyed very much, because my favorite styles are rock and classical.

I wish you so much luck. You sound like you're determined and as long as you continue that path you'll be ok.

2. hinazille profile image82
            hinazilleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Klara - you mentioned you gave up with your music, can i ask what type of music you were making & why you decided to leave it a aside for the while?

1. hinazille profile image82

scratch that last comment - i just read your above post smile

would you be interested in singing again?

2. TamCor profile image79
    TamCorposted 13 years ago

Congratulations...and have fun!!!  big_smile

3. profile image0
    moncrieffposted 13 years ago

After you've done with recording, send me over the tapes or files... I'll remix them into a drum'n'bass 12". Kidding. Good luck.

Do you really do mixing?

Composer - I have an amazing producer who i currently manage...he is great at mixing & mastering tracks as well as making beats...do you require these services?

Well, I actually have a producer right now.  Where do they live?  Also, how much do they charge for their services.

he lives in the caribbean (west indies, dominica), but we work with clients from UK, USA, and all across the caribbean...you can send the files over the net and we can have them mixed & mastered back to you within 48 hours...

the charges are:

$50 for mixing
            $100 for mastering (or $125 for both)
            $50 for a leased beat

What are you currently paying?

$25 an hour so it adds up to about the same thing, plus I actually get to be in his studio while he does it.  If he can not beat $100 for over an hour of mixing/mastering then I will probably just keep my current producer.  I really don't want to work with someone so far away.  He would have to do a song or two of mine and see if I like his work or not to trust him with this.

Also, I retain ALL rights to my music.  I only pay for the services and that is it.

would you be willing to send over some vocals (with an accompanying beat) for a free mix and master so you can assess the quality of his work? that will be a free mix & master, after that we will charge the normal rate.

you mention its $100 an hour - we will charge you $100 overall for any work you need done on the track (you can get back to us and get any part of your track altered if you are not satisfied with an aspect of the mix *for free*) - this is something you would be paying extra studio/producer time for..

so what you say?

No, he charges $25 an hour.

He can complete a CD of about 15 tracks in 4-5 hours.

What e-mail should I send this file to?

Do you have a website?

the email you can send it to is hinazille@gmail.com

the website we have running is for a slightly different service - we make a fresh beat to old voals: www.NewBeatOldSong.com

Cant wait to hear your vocals smile

4. ComposerGoneWild profile image67

The session went absolutely amazing today!  I got 4 demos finished!!!!

5. ComposerGoneWild profile image67

I just wrote a new hub about it!!

6. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 13 years ago

I myself am also recording today. I love it!!!!

Really?  What are you getting recording?  Are you doing this in Nashville as well?

1. Hokey profile image60
        Hokeyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I recorded these two songs. I wrote and perform them.

Mr. Invisible   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeWKsAzkTUo

No Remorse     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-GYpdy_tIs

I hope you like them.  big_smile

Okay, I will check them out when I get back home tonight!  congratulations...mine are still in the studio being mastered.

1. Hokey profile image60

Cool!! Let me know what you think!  big_smile

Well, I have some general ideas and suggestions for you, but that would be based on what type of music genre and who you would want these songs to be marked to.  Age groups, etc.  Perhaps, it would be best if I submitted my thoughts by e-mail so everyone can not read my critique, unless you don't care.

1. Hokey profile image60

Either way. I perform these regularly and get great response.

Basically I think you have some great lyrical ideas, but I think the music should use some variation with rythmn and maybe through some more chords or add a element of surprise or change.  Nothing really drastic but something to make them go "Oh, that was really cool...I like this."  Because to me it sounds like the same chords over and over through the whole work and as a composer I feel the music needs some variation in style.  Also, perhaps some instruments added when you get the chance.  Like a nice soft percussion and violin and/or flute.  I don't know...whatever you feel fits.  Maybe add some dynamic contrast as well.

1. Hokey profile image60

I have a lead guitarist and we are in the process of recording now. Recorded  last night for about 7 hours.

7. FoodLifeTravelArt profile image60
    FoodLifeTravelArtposted 13 years ago

I loved I Just Want To Be Free! Having grown and loved Les Miz and Miss Saigon as well as Phantom I'd say this one will be one day up there in my collection as soon as I get my hands on the OST smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)