Bible game

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (65 posts)
  1. jagandelight profile image68
    jagandelightposted 13 years ago

Each person replace the last word in the person answer, with your own word.
    God is faithful

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is blood-thirsty

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

God is omniscient.

3. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Seriously? I use Edweirdo's filter to BLOCK the religion forum, and now the stinking thing is showing up in the hubber's hangout? Somebody shoot me. Quickly.

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just reported it as wrong forum category. Hopefully they will move it.  I don't mind participating sometimes, but I do not like seeing this junk here.

1. camlo profile image84
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I reported it well over an hour ago, but it's still here.
        This kind of thing seems even more annoying now we've got Edweirdo's filter.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I’ve given HP my 2 cents as well. smile

3. pennyofheaven profile image80
        pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How come it is in the wrong forum? It is about God? oh unless they moved it before I read it. Back to the religion category.

1. Pcunix profile image91

Yes, it has now been moved to a more appropriate place.

4. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

God is unknowable.

5. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

God is a figment of your imagination.

6. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Hey, Jagandelight:

Why can't you keep your religious delusions in the proper forums?

1. jagandelight profile image68
      jagandelightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i didn't realize there was a special form for religion.

Why are you so mean?

i love the Lord and I know who He is, and apparently you don't, so why not stay off this question instead of being obnoxious.

God is not a religion, He's our Creator and if you allow yourself to believe in Him and get to know Him i am sure your life would change for the better.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. camlo profile image84
        camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

People who are interested in this go to the Religious Forum. That is where you should be posting this sort of thing.

I've filtered out the Religious Forum, because I'm not interested in it, and don't want to have to see it on MY computer screen.

3. Pcunix profile image91

Why do you post religious things in a forum they don't belong in?

Keep your delusions to the places they belong.

4. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Children must play. Don't mind them. Your idea is sweet.

Sweet.

Yes, I'm sure that when irrational ideas must be held for emotional needs, it helps to get together with other deluded people and recite little mantras like this to distract yourselves from the reality that no gods exist.

1. Liam Hannan profile image59
            Liam Hannanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but that's rather a large and unreasonable claim.

I understand you have some solid ideas regarding the (im)possibilities of a creator-God (I may have grabbed the wrong end of the stick, but the gist appears to be that since "God" must have made a decision to create, then the logic gates which allowed that decision to be taken must have pre-existed in order for them to be a part of "God's" mechanical makeup, proving that He is not the first cause and erego not "God". Have I mis-understood?) however these ideas do not quite account for the (im)possibility of emergent consciousness, or, more particularly, emergent-consciousness-as-god that some philosophers (like Ward and Hegel) postulate.

To be sure, I can't say with any confidence that you are wrong, but I do think that you are overconfident in your claims of having detected a universal falsehood.

There is no such thing as "emergent consciousness".   What you think is mysterious is nothing more than feedback and echo from different parts of your brain.

Dismissing something is not quite the same as refuting it. Can you provide evidence on the matter?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
                  Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe the burden of proof is on the claimant.

You.

Can you provide evidence on the matter?

You are quite correct; however you will find that the claim I make is not of the form that emergent consciousness is a fact, it is of the form that Pcunix's declaration of ultimate certainty is premature and unjustified.

For the purpose of clarity, here it is again;

The response (to date) had been somewhat blasé dismissal. Since we both believe the burden of evidence lies with the claimant, and I assume you would concur that this rather grand statement ("the reality that no Gods exist") has not been adequately justified, then I'm sure you are as eager for an answer as I am.

I am perplexed as to the nature of the claim that unconsciousness proves the non-exstence of emergent consciousness. It is, perhaps, a claim that needs expanded on before it can be viewed as a serious contribution.

2. Pcunix profile image91

Yes.

Unconsciousness proves it.

7. Liam Hannan profile image59
    Liam Hannanposted 13 years ago

God is Facepalming.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0808/jesus-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1218936424.jpg

8. Pcunix profile image91

So, how's this attempted religious invasion working out for the godsoaked?

What's the score now?  Number converted:zero. Numbers ticked off: everybody who isn't already a hopeless bible-thumper.

9. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Reported twice to have this thread moved out of this category and into the sandpit, since it's to be a game.

10. profile image0
    zampanoposted 13 years ago

God is you and me
    Let's not get hysterical about this.
    Afterall, who cares ?

11. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

God is love.

12. pennyofheaven profile image80
    pennyofheavenposted 13 years ago

God is nature

13. Pcunix profile image91

All gods are impossible.

14. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

God is Great.

Compared to what?

What evidence do you have of this supposed greatness?  In every religious text I've ever read, he seems like a petty and rather unintelligent brute.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pcunix, I encourage you to open another thread. I am enjoying this one smile God is awesome.

Since you asked so nicely, I will leave you to it.

Thanks, Happy Valentine's Day.

And the same to you.  Although we don't do these silly things ourselves.

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is Good. (Lord we thank You for this food). big_smile

Try not growing it or buying it.  Let's see when your god feeds you.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have no doubt that He would feed me!  With manna from Heaven if need be....

Try it.  No fair cheating with your neighbors bringing you feed. Let's see the manna come down for you, Brenda.

Why do we bother with growing food?

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

God is starvation. Lord we thank you for not feeding these people.

You do know some people starve, I assume? Maybe you do not? My Great Grand Mother (A real Christian) had a word for Adulteresses who went against the Word. sad

But see, those people aren't praying right.  Or they did something bad - maybe they have impure thoughts!

There is ALWAYS a reason why GrandPa God holds back the goody bag.

15. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

God is Jealous.

(Wanted to play twice while I can.  haha.  Gotta go fix dinner.)

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

Sounds like a bit of a K***. Jealous? Sure - why not? LOL All the petty nonsense us talking monkeys suffer- yeah. Makes sense to me.

I always wondered what he's jealous of.

Like I said, he sounds like a petty little tyrant to me. Brutish, unintelligent, spoiled.. nothing i'd admire.

16. profile image0

God is forgiving.

17. superwags profile image67
    superwagsposted 13 years ago

God invented squirrels

18. pennyofheaven profile image80

God is a tree

19. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

God is worthy!

20. profile image0

God is merciful!

21. superwags profile image67
    superwagsposted 13 years ago

God created smallpox

1. profile image0

God let the poor little caterpillar in the park get attacked by killer ants

22. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

God is just.

1. profile image0

God is Hitler

1. profile image0

God is narcissistic (why else does he want everyone to stoke his ego by worshipping him)

1. profile image0
          just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He wants us to love each other too, that seems like a pretty fair request. Doesn't sound to me as if he wants all of the attention

23. pennyofheaven profile image80

God is space

24. pennyofheaven profile image80

I thought the rules were to change only the last word? Ah well rules evolve too it seems.

Hi penny, I think you are right smile The flow didn't start out that way.

25. profile image0

God is wonderful.

26. profile image0

God is Almighty.

27. pennyofheaven profile image80

God is the wind

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)