the scales of justice

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (36 posts)
  1. doulgecross profile image60
    doulgecrossposted 13 years ago

"Good Evening America, 9/11 was a hard lesson to learn... For all of us in America

to do the one thing that we have laws written for to protect the people of this nation from federal intrusion upon privacy of this land. I order it to be done... to uphold the constitution and defend it from enemies foreign and domestic. I ordered it... And todays attempted attack was being perpetrated by exactly those People. Foreign and domestic.

I took an oath... And to do nothin as instructed by our law would have meant millions of Americans incinerated today. The weight of history Has fallen on my shoulders today And that history Doesn't weigh me down a bit.

According to the oath that I had taken to defend the constitution, had brought me to a decision were in the choice to do nothing would have broken my oath... my soul, My country... and my conscience. And as your president our survival as a nation... that oath, my soul, country and conscience. I will defend... and it was done as it should be. I now know what it means to be the president in this time and in this state of our union. one nation under Law, Indivisible, with liberty and justice For all

I Am the president that had to break the constitution to defend it... and I now know the responsibility of every president And why George Washington refused to be our king.

Our constitution is Bigger than any one man. That very document is our king... given to us By god to defend and only the current president can do so as far as we're concerned in this nation. The Constitution is the bodies right to breath. It isn't just a treasured document that we defend... it is the individual. As long as it is defended by the current president. What ever the state of our union may be in, then we are all the kings of our own lives

And as a king, you are all responsible for your decisions... me included because I am not your king I am a steward of this constitution only

And as the “steward” the American president, and to those that conspire against my king. That is This Constitution now have it's justice upon you!!!" Sited by Gregory F, Westfalls' fictional screenplay

Where does our Nation draw it's inspiration? A speech like this dictates Power to the people. But he isn't the president...

The problem Is a simple one. The credit lenders were scared by the housing crash we know what caused it. Greed and just a little greed from all parties involved amounts to a lot of greed. From the Governors looking for more votes to the bankers looking to increase their profit margins to the people signing their name to the contracts they could not maintain in a fluctuating market system. Then... when gas shot through the roof due to a little more greed from outside and inside sources, The greed showed it's true colors.

The nations confidence was riding on maxed out credit cards and all the combined greed that took us there crashed on a baron shore of uncertainty. Great... we've isolated the cause now it's time to rebuild! Rebuild this nation and restore it with honor and integrity.

"How do we do this?" is the question that every one is asking. It's simple, honor and exceed the expectations of the contracts we have signed. Do this by overpaying the minimum payments... all of those who can afford to do so. The economy is stagnant. Time will not fix it! Faith... in a nations people will. Even our elected leaders must do that and say with the same breath to those in poverty "hold on! stay strong!!!" we will help you by helping ourselves. The credit lenders are looking for reassurance from the people of this country... All the people!!!

So what will this nation show them. Will they show!!! A bunch of thieving cowards that run from their debt, obligations and responsibilities. Or will it show them the american spirit!!! The people who run to the aid of others, even when under fire and Scream "we are Americans!!!"

those who take pride in their integrity and honor in their lives. Living in freedom!!! to the borders of responsibility and not to the financial borders of collapse. My dearest Countrymen

What say you?

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I say that you should have posted this to a Hub instead of wasting it on the forums and Welcome to Hubpages. smile

Otherwise, the scales of Justice have been skewed for a great many years, yet not many people actually have been paying close enough attention. lol

Edit: Sorry, you did post this to a hub, however, I just reviewed your hub and it's no different than this post, so it makes no sense. Either way. Enjoy.

doulgecrossposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your right!!! they're screwed... and so is the world if great deeds don't happen
      I'im sure some great leader has said something to that effect at some point in history.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didn't say "screwed", I said "skewed". Big difference. wink

1. Pcunix profile image90
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We might also note:

Barren shore, not baron

Other than that, this is a horribly confusing piece of writing.

So you did get the point of it at all. Yes i agree it's confusing Obama him self said It was greed that caused but he put all the blame on the bankers
            and the next week shelled billions of dollars to them. when in reality it was bush that snow balled the fear when he said "catastrophic"
            What he should have said was
            this is an easy recovery.  Just show the backers your not going to screw them out of their money and every thing will be great.
            but like all the fox commentators we can't let a good crises go to waste
            sounds to me like every ones playing pin the tale on the donkey
            instead of paying for the solution

It would be nice if someone actually came up with a solution. It's unfortunate that no one wants to step up to the plate and think. Therefore, it is always the lazy man's way, leave it to someone else.

2. doulgecross profile image60

thank you for your insight, are there any tips you can give me to help clarify my posts

I am not sure you can clarify this post. I have no rhyme or reason for you to clarify anything. wink

I would like it better, if you removed the religious tone from it, but that is more than likely asking too much. lol

As for the Scales of Justice in America, there happens to be too much distortion, misinformation and manipulation, which has already brought much fear to society, as a whole.

I have many different hubs pointing out several of the things wrong in this country. You're more than welcome to go through many of them and take away from them what you want to, like all my readers can.

Many continue to think that the political structure in America is still viable, however, much of what is thought of, is misinformation more than anything else.

It would be nice if more people took an active role within Society, as a whole, instead of having many different advocate groups and lobbyists, screaming at the top of their lungs, while advocating separation. Too many businesses have too much invested into the daily life of the average citizen, for which, it now has become detrimental to the survival of the Nation. However, people continue to not see the proper placement for the blame and the average person has no solution for fixing the problem, which is one reason why government and business, and the "status quo" cannot be broken.

That's my input on the present dilemma. wink

I have to agree... but is it agreeable that if every one over payed their debts, (even if it's just a little) that investors would look at the numbers and the effort we (as a people) have made to repay the debt that (we all have taken against ourselves) confidence would return to the global  market

remember there is nothing to fear but fear its self

2. Cagsil profile image70

The "debt" that you are talking about is part of the misinformation being spread, so I am not exactly sure what you are talking about.

Personal debt? Or National debt?

If you're looking at personal debt, then it will be a very long time before anyone can bring down their debt substantially, especially, if they do not have the means, which is the case for many people.

If you're looking at National debt(government)? Then, it might be helpful if the government actually did something more than just spend money on wasteful things and focused on it's primary duties.

The fact that the government doesn't even approach the problem with the Economy, in any respectful manner, speaks volumes about the inadequate nature of politicians and how they do their job. Yet, no one is holding this schmucks accountable for the obvious destructive nature of their positions.

exactly!!! and what does our declaration of Independence call for us  (as a people) to do in such times of destructive policy. I'll give you a hint, It is in the first three paragraphs of the declaration look it up and cry for your lives are forfit. I really hate be the bringer of truth

I've already called for the removal of politicians and for a new government body to be installed.

However, the likelihood, an actual petition to survive any grounds, against the backdrop of a population based in and of, 80% religious or more, isn't about to happen.

If you think you can get the religious on the same page with the rest of the nation, you can forget that too, because it's not about to happen. Why you ask? Because, religious folk don't know how to mind their own business and must interject their supposed moral superiority over those who they think have no moral aptitude whatsoever, even if they cannot tell the difference.

But, you're welcome to try. lol

but in reality when it comes to justice is there really a differrance between skewed and screwed

Yes, there is a difference between screwed and skewed, especially when it comes to the scales of justice.

Constantly, lawyers continue to apply irrational logic to the U.S. Constitution, as though it's something that should be broken down and manipulated.

The spirit of the Constitution and the protection of the citizens, by keeping the government at a safe distance has not been all that too successful as of late.

The fact that the death penalty is still a separation tactic used by those who fail to understand that America's society isn't actually civilized, as claimed.

The fact that people are constantly under attack by other citizens, in many areas of life, because other people have learned how to better manipulate the entire system, is an atrocity.

The fact that government continues to bestow fear into society, while stick it's thumb up it's own A$$, should speak volumes to other people, yet the fear stricken are just that, stricken by the power of government.

People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Government should be afraid of it's people.

that sounds pretty much like screwed to me buddy and i agree again

brought to you by your own words

we agree 100 %

NEVER mind how we got there were still there

We(every person) must be mindful of the past and aware that the past is the problem to begin with. Constantly addressing the same issues over and over again, instead of moving forward is part and parcel of the overall problem.

The individual rights of citizens are constantly under attack, because the so-called "majority" thinks they know what is best for others, when in fact, these morons couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag, much less know what is in the best interest of the society, as a whole.

Then again, it also resorts back to what I just said about the religious people who lack the ability to stay out of other people's life.

i Agree to even to the extent of being religious myself but at the same time knowing that what i believe is self evident and can't be proven to any one else by me "Faith" the mental acceptance and confidence in a claim as truth without proof and with that knowledge we can understand where the forefathers of america were coming from when the wrote the freedom of religion part. but i believe in freedom of and from religion. cause none of it can be proven even though i believe it.

makes me the exception or exceptional as stated by the people that know me
                    and even those how have only heard of me

3. doulgecross profile image60
    doulgecrossposted 13 years ago

you know their are many more of us out. hell every one i talk to about these things agree %100. I wouldn't surprised if the youths of Egypt hold the similar view point. Maybe it is time to revolt. To tell the old codgers that believe they know better... To pound sand. This is our life and we can manage it for our selves.

have you Read the first 4 paragraphs of the declaration of independence? If not... you should!!! It will set the stage at upon the the first speech. and its a good read too.

oh yeah by the way i plan on moving to Boston  in about two years maybe you can show me around when i get there im trying to get accepted in to M.I.T.
      for a number of reasons.

I don't live in Boston, however, there are a few other hubbers who do.
        Yes, I've read it and I replied to your original post with regards to it.
        Not everyone voices opinions, just to let you know.

Yes, I know the destruction it is creating, I've written a hub on it. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)