adsense earnings fallen nearly 50% with the new layout and a request

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (18 posts)
  1. honey profile image63
    honeyposted 15 years ago

with the new layout, i am experiencing a big fall in my adsense daily earnings which dropped nearly to 50% of my previous daily earnings with the old layout..i think the problem is that in photo slideshow pages there is only rectangle unit per each page contrary
    to the one leaderboard unit, one recatngle unit and a link unit in the previous layout...

since my hubs receive a decent amount of daily traffic in slideshow views, with the recent decrease in the number of adsense units per slideshow pageviews is effecting seriously on my adsense earnings...i request the admin guys to please add more adsense units to the slideshow pages just like the previous layout to make it normal again ...

2. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

I had a feeling this would happen (or rather that someone would bring this up), but in reality, the ads really didn't change too much.

I haven't seen any changes in my account (if anything I've had an increase). I'd say that you should just give it some time and see if it was just a fluke or the weekend traffic.

3. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 15 years ago

The best solution that Hubpages can do to increase revenue is to avoid the image ads of 300*250 size and use text ads in that location. (I am saying about the ads that appear to the right side above the tags in the hubs and in profile pages)

4. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

I've had a dramatic increase in Adsense since 1 April - the traffic and click thru rate is the same but my eCPM has increased 2.5 times over what it has been for the last few months. Its not all from hubpages but still a fair percentage is

1. lindagoffigan profile image58
      lindagoffiganposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My earnings have decreased and I need to know how to set the adsense account up for optimal earnings.  I need to know the size request of the Googe ad and what kind of URL to use.  If the use of the Custom Url taking away from earnings.  I am a prolific writer producing at least three articles daily and the earnings are sometimes at $0.00.  Are the HubPage staff getting the earnings from all of this hard work?

1. Whitney05 profile image84
        Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Get traffic to your hubs and make sure to write unique content.

If you haven't set up an account, that is why you are not earning Google Adsense. You do not need to request Google ads or URLs. All you need to do is set up the Adsense account and enter your ID into your affiliate section of HP. The rest is taken care of for you. Just keep writing and HP will set your ad placement and size.

Also, take into consideration that you've only been here three months, it takes time.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

I haven't seen any changes in my AdSense either.

It's just my opinion, but I think it's a bit much to expect to have 3 AdSense ad sections in every page of a slideshow. I believe the majority of the AdSense should be on the main page of a site as it is now. I'm not saying your pictures are taken from other sites without permission or are not your own but why should people earn on photographs that are not their own?

6. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 15 years ago

If anyone is seeing their earnings drop, I'd say it most likely has a lot more to do with the overall economy and the shift to the warmer weather and longer daylight hours than the fact that HubPages redesigned the site layout.

7. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

I am doing fine...big_smile

8. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

My earnings are UP.  Like, up up up.

This layout is *incredible.*  Give it a few weeks before you judge your earnings based solely on the layout change.

9. charlemont profile image75
    charlemontposted 15 years ago

My eCPM seems to have grown by $10 with the new HP layout.

10. sunstreeks profile image80
    sunstreeksposted 15 years ago

My earnings are up this month as well, way up. If anything the new site design draws the attention inward towards the content and ads.

It's also been like 3 days? Earnings fluctuate. Less then a week is not enough time to judge the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of a site redesign.

11. Toronto12 profile image60
    Toronto12posted 15 years ago

It's interesting how a small change in layout and format can reduce earnings so much.  Goes to show how crucial usability testing and such is with Internet marketing.  Small changes can lead to a big increase or decrease in conversions.

1. Whitney05 profile image84
      Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's not enough time to determine whether the layout change caused any changes in earnings. It will take more than a few days to determine this. Plus, like I said initially, the ads were barely changed. The only thing that may change right away is traffic, as when BIG changes occur sometimes it will affect how Google sees things.

12. composed profile image64
    composedposted 15 years ago

Although paltry to begin with... my earnings are up nicely since the switch.

You guys seem to be doing well... ballpark figures on how well?

13. bgpappa profile image79
    bgpappaposted 15 years ago

I am doing just as poorly as before, so no change.  But I am not one of those looking to get rich overnight so no whining.

1. composed profile image64
      composedposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You can't be doing worse than me!! LOL... but it's only been two months.

1. bgpappa profile image79
        bgpappaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

only been three months for me, which is why I am not totally upset.  Views have been ok, its just getting them to click lol.  But then again, my hubs are commercial in nature so I need diehards on the subjectg.  That will take time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)