My Adsense clicks on Google Analytics is different from ...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Brie Hoffman profile image59
    Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years ago

Google Advanced Reports

In some cases the difference is huge...like 13 clicks and $15.00 dollars.  One person said this may be because of referral trackers but I don't think so.

Anyone else know why this is the case?

1. CartoonEpisodes profile image41
      CartoonEpisodesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I haven't seen any of these here on Hubpages, do you know where can I find this?

Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm looking at 2 different reports..one is found when you go into earnings and look at your google estimated earnings, then go to advanced reports.  When you get there you will see Aggregate and Channel Data.  When I put in the date of February 12th (for example), it shows that I have 14 clicks for estimated earnings of $16.63 but when I go into Google Analytics (go to earnings and click on Google Anayltics at the bottom of your earnings lists after Kontera).  When I put February 12th in for Google Analytics (then to to Content, then Adsence).  it only shows 2 clicks for that day and a total of .76 cents.  I did make $16.63 that day but I can't figure out where the clicks came from and I would like to know so that I can target that area.

2. lakeerieartists profile image65
      lakeerieartistsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The difference may be that on Analytics your clicks showing are only from that specific website. 

Are all your clicks from Hubpages or do you get earnings from other websites?

I have other links..that refer back to my hubpage website.  I have some websites but I also have them in as channels so they are accounted for...so I don't think that could be it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
          Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do recall that although Analytics tracks traffic for all your channels, it only tracks Adsense for one channel.  Could that explain it?

3. JustMike profile image65
      JustMikeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Brie I just want to know where I can find $15.00 on my Ad Sense I've been looking day after day and it's just not there lol. seriously though it seems to lag and then the count eventually catches up in my experience.

I know it lags...that's not it because you can go back to a year ago and it's the same...I don't think it lags that much!

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

I wish I could help, Brie, but I've found my Analytics and Adsense stats never match - so I just gave up trying!

3. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

Same here.
    The stats never match and I used to drive myself crazy with it...LOL

Thanks Marisa and sabreblade, nice to know that there are others out there who at least know what I'm talking about.  I don't know why google doesn't fix this as this information would certainly help increase our (and their) revenue.

Also, I never minded it so much before but lately the discrepancy has been so vast with the majority of clicks being unaccounted for...so it is driving me crazy.

1. IzzyM profile image88
          IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I noticed that too, but seeing as adsense pays me in euros, and analytics talks dollars, the difference isn't quite so obvious at first glance.
          Doesn't anybody know what the different figures signify?

It's a mystery I guess...if you find out let me know OK.

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

I have kind of assumed, without knowing if it is true, that it is from lack of cookies.  If analytics can't tell where a click or visit came from it won't report it.

To compound it it always seems that it is the high paying clicks that I'm missing - the very ones I want to work on and encourage!

Exactly...which is why I am loosing my mind trying to figure this out.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If the reader has disabled their cookies then Analytics can't follow them, and presumably won't report them as a result.

I haven't found anyone to verify this, but it makes sense to me.  There was another thread recently with the same basic question.

5. The Power Of One profile image56
    The Power Of Oneposted 13 years ago

Do you get paid by how many clicks you get or by how many people use that click to go to an ad and buy something?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Neither.  Each ad has been purchased by an advertiser for different amounts.  If someone clicks an ad during your 60% of the traffic split, you will get 68% of the cost of that ad.

HP gets the other 40% of the traffic split (and the clicks it produces) and google gets the other 32% of the cost of the ad.

Not that you have to worry about any of that - it's all done automatically.

6. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Actually I think my problem is slightly different after reading this thread again.
    Analytics seems to be showing me clicks and earnings I haven't reached according to my adsense account.
    Pageviews are almost double my real pageviews and earnings are almost double too. I was thinking part of the problem is that analytics uses a real time clock for my part of the world, while adsense uses a 24 hour clock running on California time - and all the while HP uses running stats.
    That's probably where the confusion is.
    I usually get paid the 'estimated' amount shown in my adsesne account page.

But I am looking at a date in the past and there is still a huge discrepancy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)