is it necessary to close all the question to get the accolade??

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Sneha Sunny profile image86
    Sneha Sunnyposted 13 years ago

Is it necessary to close all the questions to get the accolade for 10 questions?? if yes then please tell me how can i close the question. in the old "my account" it was easy to close but now in this new one i don't know how to close the question.

1. sofs profile image78
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You do not have to close the question to get an accolade. It takes about 24 hours for your accolades to appear. They do turn up eventually. Don't worry!! smile

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

I may be wrong but I don't think there is a Question Accolade for ten.  I think you need 50.  I know this because I asked ten or so questions before I realised and gave up with it.

Also, and this is very important - if you get all the accolades - when you get the "been here a year" accolade they go over to a third line.  Doesn't look so good.  So if you leave out the question accolade they will always split nicely over two lines.

As a professional author (not really) I find that lining up accolades is very important, but a lot of so called 'writers' just get them all and then their profile doesn't look so neat.

There really should be a warning when asking a question, pointing out the damage that can occur - not only to your reputation but also to how you feel about yourself as a person.

I'm just glad I stopped in time.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

I don't believe it is for 50 questions. It is for 50 answers to however many questions you have asked. They used to call it "inspired 50 hubs," but changed it to produced 50 answers.

As for the rest of what Mark Ewbie is saying, well, who am I to judge?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you are not qualified to judge WE then I don't know who is.  I was just writing for the love of it, the subject doesn't matter too much.  I can't write any hubs at the moment because I have one that is so close to perfect (99) that I daren't do anything.

When I say perfect, who am I to judge the points system on HP - certainly it isn't based on content.

4. Sneha Sunny profile image86

i have asked about 11 or 12 questions.....but till now the accolade has not appeared....... and 'm also unable to close the question as there is no button for close the question.....

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is not an issue of how many questions you have asked. The accolade is given once your questions - however many or few - have produced 50 answers. I had just explained that above; reading the whole discussion is an excellent source of information.

1. Aficionada profile image78
        Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not disputing what you say here, but I am wondering where that is explained. I was looking in the HP help section for some other information about accolades and looked for clarification on this too. I could not find anything that related to having 50 questions answered. The only info I saw was that there is one accolade for questions "made" and one for questions answered.

1. profile image0

We are talking about the accolade for answering questions, which says: "(Hubber's Name's) questions have inspired the creation of at least 50 answers." Hold your mouse over the accolade, and you should be able to see it.

1. Aficionada profile image78
            Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I see it now.  Thanks!

5. Sneha Sunny profile image86

i saw the list of accolades. there is no accolade for 10 answers and 10 questions. however i have the accolade for answering 10 questions and have seen the accolade for 10 questions.

1. snigdha.s profile image75
      snigdha.sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do these question answer accolades really make a difference to your earnings on hubpages besides making some followers.Some questions remain unanswered and some answer the same thing again and again.I am curious about these because i have often come across silly questions asked on forums.Is it to reach the 50 question and answer mark for the accolade and is it worth?

Sneha Sunnyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it is good to see more accolades in your profile...... it doesn't matters whether it contributes in your earnings or not....

1. profile image0

I hope you will fill out a description on your profile page, tell us about yourself. That is even more informative than accolades.

1. snigdha.s profile image75

The accolade that should matter is how many times hubs have been read.They do look good on the profile page but i would prefer reading the hubs. Sometimes the profile is too interesting and you feel like checking out their hubs.You sure do want to know who the author is?

1. profile image0

The profile page is the most visited page of all, and many people check it out, bookmark, return, and become a follower and so forth - all based on the description and hubs. Also, the search engines prefer a completed profile page, which must include a description. The author's credentials and background are definitely relevant to readers.

Look at all successful Hubbers; I don't think you will find a single one without a completed profile.

2. Sneha Sunny profile image86

@WE...... i will add something about me soon..... but 'm thinking what should i write in it??? i can write about my likes and dislikes only...... what else??

@snigdha.....don't get so serious....... smile may be i have asked silly question but it's good to a start discussion...... to interact with the world......

1. profile image0

That is a good start. You can also write a bit about what brought you to join HubPages. If you have any wishes or goals here, add them too.

but i don't have much of writing experience..... i started writing 3 months ago when i joined hubpages..... i write hubs to take a break from my studies...... i will be joining college this year........i don't even have college's experience.... i was just confused what to write about myself other than my likes and dislikes.......

1. profile image0

Well, you have 13 published hubs, so you must have some ideas and interests. Don't let me confuse you. Even a short description is better than none. Once you have completed your profile, let me know, and I will be happy to take a look.

yeah..13 hubs...but I don't get enough traffic..... I hope I will improve my writing by writing and reading hubs........hope traffic to my hubs will increase someday.... smile
                    surely I will write something.......thanks for advising...... forum is a good place to interact...... big_smile

2. snigdha.s profile image75

I was not aware that you are a student and still can write so well on hubpages.See you disclosed this on the forum.I could have got this information on your profile page too.Anyway the question was not targeted on you.It was a query from someone who gets lost in forums most often because sometimes i don't get my answers for what i went looking for.I agree this is a good place for interaction and most hubbers are very helpful to new members.Although like Howard said some do suggest  to read FAQ which can be rude at times as few new members do find it difficult to comprehend how links work or many other features on hubpages.

6. simeonvisser profile image68
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

WE is right, there used to be an accolade for number of questions asked but HubPages has changed it into an accolade for number of answers that your questions have inspired. The help section has not been updated for this change though.

i didn't knew that ........  that's why this forum is here...to get all the answers....

7. Howard S. profile image89
    Howard S.posted 13 years ago

There is a hub in the Learningcenter on accolades that is not too helpful. In the FAQ, there is one on Accolades and one on Hubtivity. The one on Hubtivity provides a section on milestones that includes a table of the various ones. WE's and simeonvisser's replies are taking this into consideration.

Probably, milestones are synonymous with the six quantified accolades. To be clear about the stated (and probably incorrect) differences, milestones have Fans where Accolades has Years on HP, and milestones has Hubs published from your requests where Accolades has Questions made.

As a connected side issue, I become very annoyed when, as a newbie, I am told to go read the learning center or FAQ, and then later told by hubbers that what I read there is out-of-date or rife with errors. No, I don't have a good solution, since staff is limited and there are more pressing issues.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)