Why am I Prohibited from Publishing?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image0
    PR Tipsterposted 13 years ago

I just put up a new account with Hubpages and published my first and only hub. My second hub is not allowed to be published. I wonder why? My articles are so harmless-looking, and I've checked how it may have broken some Hub rules. Nothing. I've been penalized for days now for reasons I still don't know. I've emailed the Hub admin about it twice, but still no answer. Please help. Thanks.

1. speedbird profile image61
      speedbirdposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What error message are you getting when trying to publish the hub?

1. overchanger profile image59
        overchangerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It happened the same to me'
        Just forgive HubPages like Jesus asks us to that's all I did.

1. IzzyM profile image86
          IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What are you talking about?

2. C Bramkamp profile image60
    C Bramkampposted 13 years ago

Hi
    I posted a hub that was filled with links and references just as about a dozen books on the internet says to  do. and It was rejected for being too commercial. so what is the answer?  Only link to the obscure?  Or pull back and stick with my own blog.  Just when I was getting back on the horse . . .

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages! smile
      No to answer your second question. The problem you ran into was "overly promotional" rule- which says you cannot have more than 2 links pointed to the same domain. If you did that with more than 2 links, then it would be considered overly commercial.
      Whatever you choose, do know I consider Hubpages a valued asset, that can be optimized by anyone who is always willing to learn. smile

1. profile image0
        PR Tipsterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Cagsil. But I didn't place any links on my article itself. I even reduced my Amazon ads to only one ad, to no avail. Thanks anyway. I'll keep that in mind.

2. IzzyM profile image86

Maybe you repeated yourself again as you already did on your first two hubs.
      try writing fresh content.

1. profile image0

Hmm, I'll try that. Thanks!

3. profile image0

Hi Speedbird! I get this warning each time I press on "Publish":

"Sorry, because of rule violations associated with your account or ip address, permission to publish new hubs has been revoked. You can still edit your existing hubs and save your changes to this hub by clicking the done editing button. Your right to publish may automatically be restored through time and adherence to the HubPages rules. Fixing or deleting existing flagged hubs may also help."

I've checked everything and everything seems fine. I emailed Hubs to ask what needs to be edited or deleted, but no reply.

Thanks for your attention, pal.

1. IzzyM profile image86

Email team@hubpages.com and ask for clarification.

1. profile image0

I did. Two times. Perhaps I need to place in a third. Hihihi! Thanks!

1. IzzyM profile image86

You may not have noticed, but Hubstaff are overworked and they have a crisis to deal with just now too. Give me them a day or two to get back to you. Maybe longer at the present time.

2. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's got nothing to do with amazon ads.

It may be spun content? The hub you have published sounds spun when I read it hmm "Daily you face this sometimes very formidable task" - that just doesn't sound right to me.

1. Pearldiver profile image66
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile  Clearly you will need to hand wash your work and return it for moderation again.... After it is Dry! big_smile

1. Susana S profile image93
          Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL lol Yeah, putting words through the spin cycle tends to pull them out of shape....whether they can be put back in shape afterwards is another matter tongue

2. profile image0

Ok, got it. Thanks.

4. profile image0

Yeah...thanks, Overchanger. I need that reminder.

5. profile image0

Hi, C Bramcamp!

No links in my article. I just placed some amazon ads, but Hubpages provided for that, so they can't charge me guilty for what they have provided for.

Thanks for your advice. wink

6. profile image0

Hi again, C Bramcamp!

You mean, I need to delete even my Amazon ads? If they don't want my Amazon, then why provide for it? Or, if they think I placed too many Amazon ads, then they should limit it to the number they think tolerable, rather than give me an option of posting 10 ads.

But thanks anyway for sharing.

7. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

I would imagine i is part of the steps HP is taking to ensure the farming tag is lifted, although I read your hub and liked it

1. profile image0

Gee, thanks!

1. profile image0

Everything seems working now...got it published! Haha! Thanks to everyone here! Ciao!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)