Do Jewish people run the Western World?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (114 posts)
  1. Jefsaid profile image72
    Jefsaidposted 13 years ago

Firstly, I have nothing against Jewish people. It just appears to me that at the very highest political and economic levels in Europe and America, Jewish people are prominent. A state was uniquely created for its people and religiously they are at the root of the West's biblical roots. Has the Jewish denomination been the historical leaders of the West?

1. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As a Jewish rooted representative of the Jewish population in the great North West, I can only account for my status as low man on the totem pole at my place of business.
      American socioty has also gone so far as to engraining us with idiomatic expressions rooted in Native American culture. Common phrases such as "Totem pole" and the like........
      But I'm ok with that because I'm also part Native American.

Jefsaidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well said!

1. profile image0
          Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Now if you will excuse me I have to finish my great gramma's famous bratwurst concoction, practice some river dance, and pick up my wife's cloggs from the cobbler before tea time. (I mean Tee time. You know, golf, Cause I'm part Scott too.)
          Досвыданя!

lol

2. AnnCee profile image67
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

I don't think there's any doubt about it.

http://judaism.about.com/od/culture/a/contribution.htm

Why do you think Jewish people have been so successful?

3. Evan G Rogers profile image61
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

nope

4. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

The Jewish people have been successful, but they don't come close to "running the western world." Until Kennedy every U.S. president had been a Protestant Christian, mostly Episcopalians. If my recollection is right, there was only one Jewish Prime Minister of the UK--Disraeli. I'll check that. According to Wikipedia Benjamin Disraeli was born into a Jewish family but his father had him baptized in the Anglican (Episcopal)Church at age 12, presumably in order to make it easier for him to become successful in a society where anti-Semitism was rampant.

It's not so much Prime Ministers or Presidents but people like bankers and others who really run the World.  Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism and how do you regard the creation of a Jewish state.  No other denomination has been so privileged.

1. bgamall profile image69
        bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Banksters run the world. Some of them are descendents of Jews but not necessarily Jewish. Some are of other races and religions. Some are big oil men who are not Jewish.

All races have been screwed by these leaders, including Jews and others. My natural father was Jewish and I was adopted at age 3 months. It is my view that to argue against the banksters in a racist way is both wrong and defeats the argument.

I am not being racist, I am just looking at the historical facts.  I have known about racism believe me. mad

I understand. It is just that a lot of people call other people Jewish when they are actually Jewish descendants who are atheists/agnostics. For example, the father of the neocons, who taught that the masses could be lied to by the elite, was Leo Strauss. His parents were Jewish. He was a Zionists but not Jewish.

He believed that you keep the shell of democracy and lie to the masses. His most famous pupil was Paul Wolfowitz, who cooked up the lie of WMD to invade Iraq, who he said was "swimming in oil".

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60
              uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When will people finally let go to the "Bush lied, People Died," garbage.  Your hero Julian Assange disagrees with you.

http://www.weeklyblitz.net/1061/wikilea … ats-remain

Oh please, everyone knew he had chemical weapons. But you know what I am talking about, Condi Rice warning and scaring everyone about the "mushroom cloud". There were no serious biological and certainly no nuclear weapons.

Get all the facts:

Bush most likely was also involved in 911, the murder of his own citizens. I guess you never heard the story of the Taliban going to Texas in December of 1997 in order to be schmoozed into allowing Unocal to build a pipeline. That pipeline was to Halliburton investments in the Caspian Sea: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/west_asia/37021.stm

Of course, when the pipeline was rejected, it gave Cheney, CEO of Halliburton, motive for 911 and the invasion of Afghanistan. Add to this the fact that PNAC neocons, with Cheney as a member, put the need for a new Pearl Harbor on the website in 2000, and you see that Cheney had both motive and knowledge of 911 beforehand.

Cheney and Bush are cold blooded killers.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
          Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. I smell a whiff of anti-Semitism in this thread.

Why do you perceive that a thread about the virtues of the Jewish denomination should be regarded as anti-semitic.  There are many adverse views held about black people of which I am one that I am always keen to debate rather than throw down the prejudice card.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Well, alleged control and secrecy attributed to Jews has been a recurrent anti-Semitic theme from time immemorial. It might be likened to praising the athletic superiority of blacks, leaving the unstated implication that they are deficient in other respects.

Again this is obviously a sensitivity of yours...  I am sorry if you feel offended

2. Jefsaid profile image72

I am aware of how Black people are commonly perceived and understand why that is so.  But that is another thead down the line altogether that will probably be just as emotive.

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The current leader of the opposition in the UK is Jewish:

http://radioislam.org/islam/english/jewishp/britain/David_Miliband_skullcap_visit_Israel.jpg

Not that this detracts from your point, but you may have been interested nonetheless. He and his brother, who contested the Labour party leadership against him, are the sons of the late Ralph Miliband - a famous Marxist philosopher who fled the Nazi's.

This is my point considering that they make up such a small percentage of the World population...

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not really sure how I helped to make your point, Ralph Milliband was given asylum in the UK to escape the persecution of Jews in Belgium and his sons were subsequently born and raised in the UK.

Ralph Milliband was an intellectual, gaining first class honours at UCL, and became a professor at Chicago. As a result his two sons were afforded a top education and they got into political theories, just like their dad. They are two British born men with intellect running through their veins, their genes even, and as a result are respected politically.

I doubt that either Millibands are anything like the typical Zionist American Jew who wants to see Israel starve Palistinian children. There are 350,000 jews in the UK, not many, but they tend to be very clever people.

Well there are a lot of clever people in every culture.  I do not suggest that Jewish people are any smarter.  However, they seem to possess a different perspective on life that has been succesful and have a comparatively large percentage of people in high places.

1. AnnCee profile image67
              AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Jews call themselves "the People of the Book" and education is important to them.   They have been so reviled in the past two thousand years that they have had to develop unique social skills in order to survive.

Do you know that for hundreds of years in Europe the Jewish populations lived in fenced off ghettos.   Every time a new Pope was elected Jewish representatives would approach the Pope asking for more freedom.  Some Popes clamped down harder, some lightened up.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/ChurchesWWII.htm

2. superwags profile image66
        superwagsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He isn't the leader of the opposition in the UK! His brother is!

Also, he's about as Jewish as a bacon sandwich!

1. profile image50
          ShortStoryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mmmmmm....bacon.....

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60

Yum, bacon...what were we talking about?

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But being President or Prime Minister is the figurehead of power, a very noteworthy man once had this to say,

"Let me issue and control a nation's currency, and I care not who writes it's laws."

5. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

A better question- What is considered the "western" World? lol

Europe and North America predominantly.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then, if that is the case, I would have to agree with others and say No.

Jewish people do not run the Western World, but as to why they are successful? They understand the fundamental knowledge of money, how to earn it and how to spend it.

Other than that- they run nothing.

You might like to look at the below link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_Jews

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

Isn't that, in and of itself, a stereotype of Jews?  Perhaps the emphasis on virtue is why Jews are successful?  Like the virtues of prudence, modesty, moderation, industry, etc....  Perhaps it is because Jews were persecuted everywhere in the world since the Diaspora that it was necessary to make oneself as valuable to society as possible to avoid the pogrom, the Gulag, the Ghetto, the Inquisition or the Death Camp.

I have argued many times that being a Jew and being a descendant of Jews is not the same. Descendants of Jews may or may not have a moral code. It would seem that many did not, just like in any other race.

1. kephrira profile image61
              kephriraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think this has a lot to do with the problems Jews have had - that the term 'Jewish' refers to both a religion and a race, which makes the Jewish religion a little bit racist, and seeds distrust in other people who see racial conspiracy instead of religious community.

People need to decide whether being Jewish is a racial or religious thing, and if it is religious, then people who are decended from Jewish people need to stop calling themselves Jews before they can expect other people to make that distinction.

It is a process of education. I think that Strauss saw himself as an atheist, and therefore not Jewish, although he was a Zionist. http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/spengl … f-judaism/

This is a crucial distinction. Most of the founders of Israel were not practicing Jews, but rather were atheistic bolsheviks.

1. lovemychris profile image75
                  lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly--they are a thug group who took over. Look who opposes the Likud gvt....Rabbi's!!!

If you actually take on board my point, it is their succesful virtues that I am raising.  Certainly from a historical point of view particularly around religion and its history, you may find me a bit more critical based on my views on this subject generally.  As for a sterotype where does it begin and end.  On the one side it is OK to talk about their persecution and the holocuast which was a terrible episode in history almost comparable to the slavery of Africans and apartheid.   Yet on the other side, we should not mention the success and influences they have had on the World..?

As any fool can plainly see, the Jews have had a unique influence in the world.   Only a complete mumpsimus would contest that. 

They are .02% of the world population for crying out loud.

They own world banking and media.

Baron Nathan Mayer Rothschild: "I care not what puppet is placed on
              the throne of England to rule the Empire, ...
              The man that controls Britain's money
              supply controls the British Empire.
              And I control the money supply."

Unfortunately many Jews are also Communists.  Do they own education in the US also?   Not so sure if its Jewish Communists or thug unions.  Do Jews own the unions?  Don't know.  One thing is clear, parents don't control what their children are taught in public schools.

You are wrong. Descendants of Jews may be communists. but it is a contradiction in terms to say a Jew is a communist. Jews by definition practice their religion. Communism is atheistic. I have argued above that Leo Strauss was an atheist and his parents were Jewish. He was a Zionist, but not a Jew.

You don't make the distinction and you are being racist in not making the distinction. Jew is a term that refers to a religion. You make a racial issue out of a religious definition.

I am a descendant of Jews but as for race, I am caucasian. You should know better than to make the term Jew into a race.

I am also a descendant of Jews.  I am therefore racially a Jew although I have faith in Jesus Christ and my ancestors were Roman Catholic from the 1500's right up until my generation. 

I am subject to a type of cancer that only Jewish women get because genetically I am a Jew.  And I am very proud to be of the Jewish race I might add.

There is no such thing as the Jewish race, Ann. I suppose you count Rahab as being part of a "Jewish race". Or how about the men of Nineva?

Jewish is a religious term, Ann. Please, you are doing damage to the ultimate judgement of an ethnic group some of whom practice Judaism and some of which have other beliefs.

There is an ethnic group made up of descendants of Jews, and I will go that far. But the race is caucasian. You know that.

And virtue is peculiar to Jews because?

6. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/2/e4887296255da66452fe5d36b366bf5c/m.jpg

They used to

7. uncorrectedvision profile image60
    uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years ago

Do we actually still entertain this proto-Nazi thinking?

I suggest this is your thinking..?

Seems to me it's yours.

I suspected this would be a sensitive topic but these are my honest views supported by much evidence to suggest that Jewish people have had a big influence on the Western World for better or for worse.  As a black man, I can assure you that there is no pro-Nazi in me.

1. profile image50

A black man can't be anti-Semitic? Someone better tell Jesse.

Cowboy - Where does anti-semitic come into it.  I referred to Nazi.  What is anti-semitic? I know this world is commonly thrown around as being anti-Jewish but I am completely non-religious and have  honestly never bothered to check out its true meaining.  I will look it up on Google so that I can better understand this type of accusation  Yee ha!.

8. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

I hate to introduce religion into this but weren't the Jews the chosen people?

9. AnnCee profile image67

It always gets dangerous for Jewish people when they are perceived to run the world.  They have learned through hard experience to keep a low profile.  During the early days of the holocaust people knew what was happening to the Jews.  The owner of the New York Times, a Jew, chose to bury stories of the holocaust on like page 40 because he feared if people thought he was protesting for the Jews he would lose all credibility.  He didn't want his newspaper to be labeled a Jew rag.

I have no doubt that the most powerful people in the world are Jews.  And they aren't all Zionists.  Some of them are positively anti-Israel.  Some of them are positively evil, like George Soros.

I suppose we would all agree that media is a very important component of world control?

Six Jewish Companies Own 96% of the World’s Media

http://pakalert.wordpress.com/2009/03/1 … lds-media/

Personally, I believe that the Jews are the people God chose to use in carrying out His plan for the salvation of those who choose to believe in Him.  The Bible doesn't say the Jews as a people are chosen for salvation.  It does say they are chosen God's purposes to fulfill.   I believe it.

Nowhere do we see God in action more than in the the lives of the Jewish people.  The miracles that occurred during the wars against Israel  are amazing.

I am absolutely non-religious i.e. I don't believe in it books written by man but there does seem to be a driving force behind the words of Jewish indoctrination.

Is a Jewish Company one that hires only Jews or sells to and buys from only Jews?  Do you mean a company whose majority of stock holders are all Jews?  What is a Jewish company?  Does a broadly diversified Jewish company that owes an interest in an Iowa corporate hog far violate dietary laws?  If a Jewish company buys a building does it have to cut off the top five floors?  Does a Jewish multinational firm have Rabbis in every country to make sure everything is kosher?

Company? I refer to individuals or maybe families who control things rather than their employees or clients big_smile

You mean a company whose whole board of directors is Jewish?  Or one whose President is Jewish?  Or majority of officers are Jewish?  Bill Gates didn't actually run Microsoft once it went public his Directors and stock holders did.  Even prior to that his partners were involved in operation.  The question presupposes conditions that are fanciful.  Perhaps we should be asking is what kind of people gain influence in Western Society?  Because, I would bet that there is a tiny cadre of Catholics, Anglicans, Presbyterians, Methodists, Baptists, etc... who exercise real influence on Western society.  Is there a vast monolithic Catholicism that exercises influence or is it individuals who do?  What makes those individuals unique?  Perhaps, again, it is an emphasis on virtues that result in those positions of influence apart from "Jewishness."

Emmanuel Goldstein runs the world.

Companies controlled by a person who is Jewish.   

I know that for many of these people their Jewishness may mean very little in terms of religion.  I'm talking about the Jewish race, not the Jewish religion.

Jewish "race" as opposed to the Christian race, the Catholic race, the Protestant race or the Muslim race?

Holy Crap! I am agreeing with you!?!?!

It's about time! Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while.

What is the Jewish race.  If such a thing exists then surely they would be what we now regard as Ethiopian?

10. AnnCee profile image67

I suppose we would all agree that banking is an important aspect of world control?

http://www.xat.org/xat/moneyhistory.html

11. billyaustindillon profile image61
    billyaustindillonposted 13 years ago

And I thought the reptilians run the world - damn you learn something new everyday

Are the reptilians in disguise?

12. AnnCee profile image67

The Jewish race clearly superior.

http://www.jinfo.org/Nobel_Prizes.html

Facts are facts.

What is race?

Good point.  This is not about race but rather a religious code.

The Nazi geneticists had no trouble with the question.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_Jewish_a_r … z1FYLFlqmS

The Nazi geneticists regarded dark hair and brown eyes as belonging to an inferior race

No, they were more specific.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7d/Nuremberg_laws.jpg/800px-Nuremberg_laws.jpg

But there is no actual Jewish race unless, if you do not mind me saying, we refer to the original people that lived in today's Ethiopia. The Nazi's made their own decisions on how to classify race.

So we now rely on Nazis to define race.  It is such a  fallacious concept to begin with before adding Nazi madness to it.

I'll rely on the genome.  Are you against the concept of race?

Absolutely!  There were two varieties of horror in the Twentieth century one was the ruthless slaughter of people for ideological reasons and the other was for "racial purity."  Precisely why I despise Communism and Nazism.

Do you think not saying the word will help the hatred go away?

13. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 13 years ago

A list of World Banking Centers in Order;

not much here about Jews controling the Banks I'd say

Ranking of the world's banking centers: here is a view of the world's top 15. Don't take the ranking too seriously. Have fun!

Ranking/ City
    1 London
    2 New York
    3 Tokyo
    4 Singapore
    5 Paris
    6 Frankfurt
    7 Milan
    8 Madrid
    9 Geneva
    10 Osaka
    11 Zurich
    12 Brussels
    13 Chicago
    14 Barcelona
    15 Munich

But who runs the banks in these countries.  Here is a list I found of Jews that were in the Bush administration (I have not seen a more recent list):
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Elliott Abrams  Director of the National Security Council's Office for Democracy, Human Rights and International Operations

Jeffrey Berkowitz (2005-2006)  White House Liaison to the Jewish Community and then office of presidential scheduling

Stuart Bernstein  Ambassador to Denmark

Brad Blakeman White House Director of Scheduling

Josh Bolten (2006- )  Chief of Staff

Nancy Brinker Ambassador to Hungary and then chief of protocol for the State Department

Michael Chertoff Head of the Justice Department's criminal division

Douglas Feith (2001-2005 ) Under Secretary of Defense for Policy

Ari Fleischer (2001-2003) White House Press Secretary

David Frum (2001-2002) Speechwriter

Chris Gersten Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Administration for Children and Families at HHS

Adam Goldman (2001-2003) White House Liaison to the Jewish Community

Blake Gottesman President's personal aide

Jeremy L. Katz (2007- )  White House Liaison to the Jewish Community

Daniel Kurtzer (2001-2005)  Ambassador to Israel

Frank Lavin  Ambassador to Singapore

Jay Lefkowitz (2001-2004) Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of the Domestic Policy Council

I. Lewis Libby (2001-2005)
      Chief of Staff to the Vice President

Ken Mehlman White House Political Director

John Miller Director, State Departement Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons

Michael Mukasey (2007- )  Attorney General 

Noam Neusner (2004-2005) White House Liaison to the Jewish Community

Mel Sembler  Ambassador to Italy

Martin Silverstein  Ambassador to Uruguay

Cliff Sobel  Ambassador to the Netherlands

Tevi Troy (2003-2004) White House Liaison to the Jewish Community

Mark D. Weinberg  Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development for Public Affairs

Ron Weiser  Ambassador to Slovakia

Paul Wolfowitz (2001-2005) Deputy Secretary of Defense

Dov Zakheim (2001-2004) Undersecretary of Defense (Controller)

Jay Zeidman (2006-2007)  White House Liaison to the Jewish Community

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sources: News reports, Republican Jewish Coalition

14. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

in hollywood they sure do! If you dont believe me just ask harvey levin!

15. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

As a Christian, I would like to add 4 thoughts, with no offense intended...

1. This forum post is crap...

2. The thinking behind it is crap

3. That 'facts' supporting the arguements are crap...

4. If certain Jewish people have risen to levels of prominance in certain industries, it is because (as in Hollywood), Jews had to enter industries in their early stages of development because non-Jews were bent on keeping them out of the established industries which they already ran (that is, went they weren't busy designing pogroms for their persecution and murder)

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Surely you mean "carp".

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

of course I do.... and please don't call me Shirley

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
          Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK Brenda

ehh. . .   LOL smile

Well I am a complete non-believer in religious clap-trap so I have no indoctrinated prejudice against one faith or the other.  I leave such discrimination to you religious folk.  I really don't fully understand why Jews should have been so persecuted,  I would argue that black people have suffered worse persecution and have experienced greater exlusion for a longer period of time.

16. lovemychris profile image75
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

The problem I have is the amount of influence Israel has on our country!
    We have a Congress that sent a letter stating they would support Israel no matter what they do. We can never question their actions witout being labeled anti-semitic. And everybody is all gung-ho about Libya and their crimes, but they dismissed the Goldstone report about Israel's!

I think Bibi is a thug. I don't want our tax dollars going to him.
    And it is a fact that the members of PNAC in our gvt were all dual citizens of Israel, and Zionists.

Just WHO were they loyal to? Who are they loyal to now?
    Ross-Lethin?
    She has no compunction letting Americans starve, yet no one can touch Israel's foreign aid? How does this make sense?

I think that many Repubs and Dems put Israel first, before America.
    That is how I feel about it!

Well I think America only exists for Israel and for no other reason.  That's the role we play in the drama, an important role and one we'd best not neglect.

1. lovemychris profile image75
        lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What?

If this is true, the whole idea of America is a lie.

But I will say this:

A German man went to prison for 7 years for simply questioning the facts about the Holocaust.

Now, a designer is facing trial and possible 6 months in prison for making anti-semitic statements.

Lieberman wants to make it illegal to question the Holocaust on college campuses.....

It is very weird and disturbing, to say the least.

And I'm not kidding...google Kosher Nostra...it is no lie.

17. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"I think that many Repubs and Dems put Israel first, before America. That is how I feel about it!" Just check out the votes like 287 to 3 every time. Who the three are is probably alloted by drawing straws so as to completely appear as the Mubarack elections in Egypt.

Even the anti-Israel administration has increased Israel's foreign aid this year.  Obviously there are reasons that outweigh Obama's personal animosity.

1. Hugh Williamson profile image76
        Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So which is it? Birthers claim he's secretly Arab, that he was brought up in Kenya (Huccabee) and now he's what...a secret rabbi?

Oh, if we could only find the real birth certificate.

lol

Huckabee is a genial intellectual lightweight.

18. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Historically A Jew had to be bright and smart and have money to survive (sometimes even that did not help). But there are as in any nation smart jews and stupid  jews, beautiful jews and ugly jews, bankers, polititians and dumb unemployed alcoholics. As soon as you start dividing people by race, nationality, religion, it smells like a nazi-camp.
    Well, as somebody said already it is all complete "carp".

Where does race come into it.  This is about how influential the followers of Judaism have been throughout history and particularly in the West.  Bringing up Nazi-camp always seems to be a cheap shot at playing the racism card.

19. AnnCee profile image67

There is a Jewish race.

Still a tribe, not a race.

20. knolyourself profile image60

"Do Jewish people run the Western World?" There is an argument about this. The US has the world empire. The Israelis claim they run the US. Who is using who? Whose got the world empire?

1. profile image50

The US is no kind of 'empire.'

21. AnnCee profile image67

Is there a world empire?   Some would say yes.

http://globalistagenda.org/

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87031a1906e8.jpg

[img]

22. knolyourself profile image60

You forgot Scull and Bones.

What about Emmanuel Goldstein?

23. bgamall profile image69
    bgamallposted 13 years ago

There is a new world financial order. I write about it. But it is not a political order, although sovereignty has suffered because of it. And it is not a benign or good order because the banksters scammed us with ponzi loans cooked up within the context of that new financial order at Basel 2 in 1998.

24. profile image50
    ShortStoryposted 13 years ago

I wonder if there is some kind of academy somewhere that keeps churning out loony conspiracy nuts.

Maybe you need to read what I write. If you have the courage you may actually learn something. Some of it is published on Business Insider as well. Henry Blodget doesn't think that I am a nut.

25. Jefsaid profile image72
    Jefsaidposted 13 years ago

Can I just say to everyone who have taken part in this forum so far that I have found your comments both interesting and enlightening.  I realised from the outset that it could be a sensitive subject and really appreciate that everyone has refrained from turning it into a negative debate.

Thank you all for your input.

YW, Jef.

26. AnnCee profile image67

If you are a Jew and you are not a religious Jew does that make you less of a Jew?

Are you even still a Jew?

May one wake up one morning and say, "I am no longer a Jew."

Will a Muslim buy it?

Will the hatred go away?

According to Alan Dershowitz, you are a Jew if you are a practicing Jew.

27. uncorrectedvision profile image60
    uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years ago

I know, congratulations. You should go buy a lottery ticket.  You finally got lucky.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)