I've been invited :)

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (31 posts)
  1. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

I was just wondering how many people are interested in the 500 invites sent out to sample the new adds available for a test run   and who has been invited.

Who are one of the select few?  Care to reveal?

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile I got mine yesterday.

2. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Katie! smile I hope make a lot! smile big_smile

katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil you so sweet, I didn't get invited, I never get anything I'm an outcast and on and on woe is me HubPages... I get no respect!

1. Hotplate profile image61
          Hotplateposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll give you a whole lot more than respect if you know what I mean

2. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay, I guess I read your post wrong. However, if it matters Katie, I already respect you, both as a writer and a woman. So, if Hubpages doesn't show you the love, then get back to me and we'll figure out what to do from there. tongue smile

3. Hotplate profile image61
      Hotplateposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd invite you to do a whole lot more than just sample a few ads.

lol thanks smile

1. bgamall profile image68
          bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hence the name "Hotplate". smile

4. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The test run has been in place with 9 hubbers in a private beta since mid January. Now this is, I guess, a public beta.

Quite possibly the 500 people includes the 9 hubbers, as I got invited again to the same account that was involved in the private beta.

My wife got an invite too.

2. katiem2 profile image61
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

Oh I didn't get invited

I suck

Just wondering who did but that list is obvios

1. bgamall profile image68

No you don't. You will get an invite.

3. Alison Graham profile image94
    Alison Grahamposted 13 years ago

Why do you say obvious Katie? - I got an invitation and I was very surprised - I thought perhaps it was because I am in UK and maybe they want to see how it does in different countries?

I plead the fifth

4. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

i was passed over due to ethnic prejudice

Greek One, I heard that we outcast gotta stick together

2. bgamall profile image68

If the Greeks had got their **** together, those darn Romans would never have taken them over.

3. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And I thought it was because you forgot to shave! smile

5. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Oh shoot I hope I didnt delete an invitation.

Maybe its only for the elite (insert sad face here)

Yea something like that

2. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope, some elites didn't get invites. Anyway they're rolling out so lots more people should have invites within the next week or two!

6. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

i got invited- and signed up - even though my revenue is marginal and then i got sad tonight when they told me they had suspended hub for irrelevant tags, title etc- have modified it - but feeling glum  cos its the first short story i ever wrote- i think they call it faction where a story is based on fiction!

Never mind, I am sure it will sort out

It sure will its just a process.  I wish they'd flag all the junk hubs on here and leave little worry to good content like yours.  Keep your chin up those category flags are a common trigger and an easy fix.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image62
        CASE1WORKERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i have never had one before, so it was like being taken into the heads office and told off

7. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

I was invited and will see how things pan out with it.....Everyone who didn't get an invite will get their turn, Rome wasn't built in a day....I think it was in an afternoon or something!

8. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

i think it is better to get people on in batches rather than have the whole system overloaded and crash

9. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

You can find out if you have been invited by going to your account page --> Earnings -->Affiliate Settings. If you see a space marked HubPages Ad Program in your list, you can sign up there.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Noticed that all there Rochelle, but when I clicked it said 'You are not eligible to enter'

Hmpf!

1. TamCor profile image79
        TamCorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Neither Tom or I were picked this time around...we get the same thing you do! sad

It would've been nice if one of us had--especially Tom, since he's been on here so long, and has a bunch more hubs than I do--just so we could see how it goes, since we've never been too successful with Google Adsense... smile

I guess I'm going to have to remember that saying that I always drilled into my kids' heads while they were growing up..."Patience is a Virtue"...lol 

Now I know why they hated hearing that!!!  lol

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ooops. I happened to run across that-- and it worked for me. I got an invite a little later. I shouldn't have assumed.

10. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

LOL lol @ patience ( that wisdom rings a bell)

Thing is ,since they ,Hubpages already reported success with their trail run ,why not just open it to everyone now?

Oh well -all good smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)