forums crank up the heat

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (37 posts)
  1. lyndre profile image60
    lyndreposted 13 years ago

Wow the toys are being thrown out the prams and the arms ripped of teddies.
    The big fish are splashing around in the shrinking pond, blaming us poor bottom feeder for everything that has went wrong with hubpages.
    And the stench of hypocracy hangs in the air.

I haven,t even looked in religion or politics yet.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay, since you want the blame you can have it. I don't mind. lol

2. Mark Ewbie profile image80
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

Personal attacks, abuse, spamming, self promoting, unneccesary flagging and underhand behaviour.

Sorry guys.

I just can't help myself.

3. Bill Manning profile image65
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I blame all other hubbers here for the reason why I'm not making $100.00 a day off my 33 hubs!! big_smile lol

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As you should Bill!
      It's every man for himself now. Personally I am making a fortune!

So far I have copied all your articles and built a small empire from them!

I also flagged all your hubs, spammed your comments, hijacked your Facebook wall, and had you banned in the forums.

God made me do it, so I have been forgiven even before I started.

1. Bill Manning profile image65
        Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol  lol

tongue

2. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In that case you should change your name - earnest does not reflect your bad personality big_smile. Where do you keep your fortune? Is it under your bed or in your closet? Or inside an old cracked tea-pot?  In case I decide to rob you... Don't tell me you keep it old-fashioned way - in your bank accout. Anybody can hack that!

I have all my money offshore in a tax haven, where even I can't get at it without a long ride in a canoe then a mountain trek. smile

My new name is Snidely Whipsnade or as that has been used how about Smurdly Mergasmut? That sounds better!

1. CMHypno profile image84
            CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And if I Google that will I get cheap pizza? Or free pizza with a large bottle of coke?

1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
              CASE1WORKERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

dont be ridiculous- for coke you have to google - ways to be happy!

So then I'll be able to teach the world to sing? Save me from sobbing over the demise of my Adsense earnings!

2. earnestshub profile image81

I reckon you might! Smurdly is such a unique keyword! smile

But a £1,000 dollar keyword, so you really should have kept it secret Earnest! Off to write 200 Smurdly hubs, ethically spin them 5000 times and create 270,000 spammy backlinks!

3. Pandoras Box profile image61
        Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well damn, ain't you special?

and a nice person as well! smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Where’s a tree…?

5. shogan profile image76
    shoganposted 13 years ago

I blame myself for the Google slap.  I didn't call the next day like I said I would.  Sorry, everyone.

I knew it was you!
      You now owe me fourteen chickens!

1. profile image59
        logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

earnest, I don't think he has any chickens, so it looks like you are out of cluck! smile

1. shogan profile image76
          shoganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I beg to differ!  I'm totally chicken at times.  Like when American Idol is on and my wife really wants to watch, but I want to go watch ESPN.  I'm usually a chicken then.

2. Pandoras Box profile image61

All your fault. And to think we were relying on you.

1. shogan profile image76
        shoganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure I can make this up to you.  How about a new way of making advertising revenue on HP?  Would that make you feel better?  I'd do that for you if you'd let me.

6. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

My concern is will it contribute to Global Warming?

1. rmr profile image68
      rmrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I read that the new algo is designed to stop global warming,patch up the ozone layer and keep dolphins out of our tuna. It sure doesn't seem to have much to do with better search results!

1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
        CASE1WORKERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

how can you possibly say the results are not better!
        anyone wanting info about the decline of the roman empire will relish the chance to buy pizza, not only cheap but free delivery too!

1. rmr profile image68
          rmrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I stand corrected. I haven't been able to find cheap pizza since the change. I guess I've been using the wrong search terms! It's always operator error, isn't it?

1. kmackey32 profile image64
            kmackey32posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Little caesars has cheap pizza.....5$

Clearly google thinks you're more into low quality hamburgers.

Al says - definitely!

7. WoodsmensPost profile image62
    WoodsmensPostposted 13 years ago

I don't know what all the fuss is about. My hubs have touched traffic levels like that havent see in months. I filed 142 DMCA forms so the money pretty much is pooring in. As for global warming when I reach my first million sometime later this year, I'll have all the sunshine I need . So why the fuss people jeezzzz can't you do anything right. Start reading the forums more I found it to be helpful. smile cherio

8. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 13 years ago

Lol, you guys are cryptic comedians. Look that one up!

1. barryrutherford profile image76
      barryrutherfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I got Google eyed looking that up

9. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I love the algo change. People Google me and get told I'm in need of donations since I'm a registered charity. No complaints here!

1. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Say what Wrylilt?

2. profile image59
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hate it when people Google me!  I tell them to quit staring and get a life! smile

10. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 13 years ago

I am off then to write a sales hub for toys and prams, cans of spam, and books on How to Beat The System.

Oh, wait a second my Amazon is a waste of time too at the moment.

11. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

And For that Troll who Flagged My Hub in an effort to have it ripped down off the front page of Google.... Get A Life! sad

What a Joke!!

A hub with a 94 hub score = written 20 months ago and one with 60 positive comments on it... #1 on the Key words... And taken down in retaliation For being Outspoken!

What a Joke! smile

Are Trolls Used here by 'Staff Writers' or Just Accepted as being a Fun Way of Screwing Real People? hmm

Answer That Question... Realistically!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)