Who would buy a Disney guide Ebook?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Since I have a Disney tourist site I think it would be a good idea to promote one of the better Disney vacation guide Ebooks out there.

Click bank seems to have a few good ones. I may even make one myself, since I know just as much as anyone about Disney.

So how many here would actually buy a Disney Ebook guide? Or would you assume they do not really have much useful information and pass on one? smile

1. livewithrichard profile image72
      livewithrichardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bill, I think you would have to load it up with content that you couldn't otherwise get for free online and from Disney.  An Orlando travel guide that was full of deals and coupons from local restaurants and specialty shops would be good.

If I were there and had your access, I would approach local businesses and sell them advertising space in your travel guide and give the guide away for free on your blog.  It's a win-win for you.  You earn revenue from advertisers and visitors download your guide (after subscribing to your list for future offers) You can even update the guide quarterly and make even more revenue.  Just work on your selling points, such as visitor traffic and demographic data.

Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm, interesting. I will think about that. In the meantime I'm going to push a Disney Ebook from Clickbank. smile

1. sunforged profile image70
          sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would make it a phone app - something the visitors are more likely to be carrying around

Another great idea! Sounds like I really need to make one. Thanks. smile

2. readytoescape profile image61
            readytoescapeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Disney already has this to keep park visitors updated on whats scheduled, line wait times ect.

2. readytoescape profile image61
          readytoescapeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seems to be a tough road.

Not so sure selling an E book would work out too well. Guides, blogs and articles work out well for revenue generated from advertisers but not so well from potential visitors and lets ignore the fact there are a blue million of them out there including those published by Disney.

While there is considerable interest, given the expense of a Disney vacation, the multitude of entertainment, relaxation and activity options offered and the almost exhaustive efforts many folks put into planning their trip in order to “see it all” which makes the idea enticing, it would appear difficult to enter an arena where most of what your target consumer wants is obtainable for free. Plus you would be competing with a formidable Disney Advertising Machine

The concept of updates via subscription probably isn’t too good either, considering the expense of a Disney trip and most people can’t afford or have opportunity to travel often. I read somewhere that the average Disney World vacationer (stays of 2 nights or more) only does so once every 7 to 10 years, excluding passholders and DVC members.

Something else to consider is those fortunate enough to visit often, like the exclusions above, probably know as much about Disney as you do and many receive updates and announcements directly from Disney almost weekly via email. (I get 2 or 3 emails per week)     

Then again there is a demographic that will consume anything Disney.

2. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

IDK Bill, I certainly won't - but then I am not your typical Disney goer LOL

3. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I was on the phone with my best friend as I was reading this. She said she'd love one!

Tell her to look for it on my site within a few days! big_smile

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Never been to either Disney location. Therefore, I would have no use for it and wouldn't buy one. Sorry. hmm

5. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the replies so far. I guess it depends on if your a Disney fan or not. I just signed up to Clickbank because I had saw a great Disney Ebook online once, and it's promoted there.

The sales pitch is so good, even after working there for 2 years and knowing lots about Disney, even I am tempted to buy it! tongue

Pretty good  terms too, 50% of the sale. Looks like you can find many other things on Clickbank too.

I will let you all know how I do with Click bank. smile

6. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I already have Fodors and Frommers and Lonely Planet guidebooks for a lot of places on my Nook. But I wouldn't buy a books just for the computer.

Thanks for your take on it Nelle. I'm making a custom banner for a Disney Ebook, and also a custom page in my site for it. So time will tell if it's a good seller or not.

I also found many great software packages you can promote from Clickbank. Those will go good with my electronics site.

Even found some great pet books for my pet site. smile

7. travelespresso profile image69
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

Bill, I wonder if a guide book such as this would be better targetted to non-US residents who are keen to visit the parks but as they don't live in the US most likely have less information.

I can think of many tips I could share with first time visitors to a Disney Park.

Would I buy one?  That depends on the price and the promise.  I probably would, especially if it could save me money, help to get me on the rides with the minimum fuss, save me money, give me advice on which rides I can't go on - due to weight, height, health reasons etc., advice on good places to rest with little uns.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Yeah it would be a great book for Brits I would assume, or anyone outside the US. I'm going to buy it and make sure you can actually save money with it.

You get updates to it also as things change, so that should help. smile

8. profile image0

Any Cape Cod travel e-books over there Bill?

I searched for anything with Cape Cod in it and found nothing, sorry. hmm

However that means if you wrote an Ebook about Cape Cod I bet it would do well! smile

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, now you've got me thinking. With all of the stuff, that I'm resarching - I might just do that. I'll probably do an e-book, through something like Pub-It for ebook users as well. It will be a companion product to my website!

I love the entrepreneurial spirit that's infecting this forum lately. Very inspiring and helpful.

Also like Sunforged mentioned above, you could make it a phone app so people can have it on their mobile device for instant reference. smile

9. profile image57
    larionposted 13 years ago

Hi, Bill Manning

I think it 's good idea.
    Helpful for visiter

10. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 13 years ago

Sorry to be a curmudgeon on the idea, I considered writing one a couple of years ago but after I researched the idea I abandoned it.

THE CONCLUSION: Too much work for very little reward. To make it a good guide and worthwhile of purchase, there were not really many angles to explore that are new or not readily and freely available via a simple search string.

I would agree with Richard, if you are going to do it sell embedded advertising and give the guide away for free.

11. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

thats circumvented by presentation...

" Disney Travel Guide: what disney doesnt want you to know"

'An insiders guide to Disney. Staff secrets" etc.

12. profile image0

A phone app will be quite the learning curve for this non-techie, but I will give some thought to it.

13. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

well - phone apps can be made by non-techies by either outsourcing to a rent-a-coder or using some basic web services.

here is an example: http://swebapps.com/features.php

there are many of these type of services about

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)