We are bouncing back

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (42 posts)
  1. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 13 years ago

I know it is slow but we are bouncing back in search: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/hubpages.com#

1. manlypoetryman profile image82
      manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If anything: Its a slow, possibly sustainable roll...all uphill!

2. profile image56
      rieomposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope it is coming back although I am just starting out so do not have google rankings to drop or rise at this point.  I am invested in HubPages just by the fact that I like it here and I like to submit my articles here.

3. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My traffic from Google is also slowly improving.

4. snakebaby profile image65
      snakebabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe from the numbers alone traffic appeared to be increasing, but hard evidence shows us that traffic patterns are very different now. I'm positive the most popular keywords do not get to the hubs here in general, unless the hubs have been wisely promoted outside. I again searched for single word keywords for some of my hubs, they are just not on 1st or 2nd page as before. My traffic also climbed since yesterday, but things have changed, no matter what. Traffic quality may be lower now.

2. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

How did you come to that conclusion? I see a 12% decline in the past 7 days, a decline yesterday, a US alexa rank which is 10 places lower than it was when I last checked 5 days ago hmm

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ryan, just popped in to say your book has a bright shiny advert on my hub.  It fits pretty well with the subject so that was good spamming on your part...

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why thank you, I do choose my victims very carefully lol

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
          Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I knew I looked like a mug.

But after considering it for about twenty hours - well I was sleeping then working - I thought "lets do it for Blighty".

2. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ryan, click on the link. smile

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's more like it. That actually shows something completely different this time around hmm I did visit the link when you posted it, must be the geo thing, took a while to reach us lot wink

I am seeing a very slight recovery myself...

3. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

The last two days has shown approx 20% increase in my personal portfolio at hubs. This does not include any HP based traffic from my latest hub.

Comparing a week of pre-panda stats and this week in analytics shows me that my top 50 terms ALL suffered between 30% and 50% drops in search traffic from g.com.

ill need another post-panda week to see if the 20% increase is in anything I give a damn about but the slight uptick was a cause for a slight smile this morning.

4. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 13 years ago

Today I am where I was six weeks ago traffic-wise.

5. Sally's Trove profile image79
    Sally's Troveposted 13 years ago

Adding to the anecdotal evidence, google dot com traffic to my Hub pages yesterday and today is now twice as much as HP traffic, where before 2/23 it had been four times as much, and after 2/23 only one-half as much. If that means "we are bouncing back", then that's super! But I'm not getting excited. I'm still in wait and see mode.

6. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

Alexa stats are not a good representation of world-wide web users or traffic.  They only represent an extremely small percentage of users who have opted to install a toolbar that collects data about them.

True, but they give a sample. And it seems to concur with stats from Hubpages.

2. kephrira profile image60
      kephriraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They are also more accurate for very popular sites like this one than they would be for a smaller site.

7. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

I’ve noticed an increase in Bing and Yahoo traffic. I do not know why. smile

Yahoo! I mean Bing!

8. Janet21 profile image81
    Janet21posted 13 years ago

My traffic is slowly increasing as well....

9. lakeerieartists profile image64
    lakeerieartistsposted 13 years ago

Mine too.  Watching analytics like a hawk.

10. profile image0
    Albab's Penposted 13 years ago

Thanks google.....I was really.....upset.

11. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 13 years ago

Apparently I'm getting more views from many of the worldwide googles: Malaysia, Singapore, Netherlands.  Adsense earnings have been at a standstill for the last 10 days or so, though. sad

I can wait...

1. BristolBoy profile image63
      BristolBoyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have noticed exactly the same, although since I get so few views anyway it is hard to spot trends.

12. Mutiny92 profile image64
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

My traffic is still down pretty severely.  More importantly, did you see that the number 3 search term to get into Hubpages is "Miley Cyrus Bong"?  Now that is classic!

13. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

My traffic is close to what it was before the crash.  I have been dismayed the last few days because of the few Amazon sales made.  But this morning I was surprised at having sold quite a few items.

Four of them were apparently from the same person as they were advertised on a recent hub.  This article was produced on a whim because of a product recently sold which I hadn't advertised.

The four items totaled over $1000 and the rest were very good too.  Adsense comes and goes but hasn't leveled out yet.  Just goes to show what can happen if you follow your hunches.  smile

1. iQwest profile image48
      iQwestposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fortunately, I have a couple recently published Hubs that are performing and essentially driving all of my search traffic.

Pretty pathetic considering I have written 72 Hubs in the last two months.  Granted, I can't blame all of this on the big G. as I'm sure many of my Hubs and optimization efforts are lacking!

With that said, I did have a handful of Hubs that were getting a small amount of consistent daily traffic (roughly 10 - 75 unique searches a day).

Since the algorithm change, there are days when I receive 0 traffic on many of these Hubs, other days they perk back to life, and then they fall back to collecting dust!

Of interest to note, in many instances (especially Redgage), my bookmarks are ranking better than my Hub.

14. OpenConnect profile image59
    OpenConnectposted 13 years ago

It seems to be a hub by hub bases with Google and it probably breaks down to what long tail keywords you are going after.  Some are probably taking a hit on google more than others.  Over time with us staying in touch and feeding each other insights on which hubs are working and which aren't....we start to notice a trend or pattern and make adjustments to them.

15. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

My traffic improvement today is only consistant with the normal Monday rise for my non-US traffic.

My Google.com traffic is not rising too much. A rise on a Monday is normal, remember that this algo change was US specific.

Now, who is seeing improved GOOGLE.COM traffic? Because that is all you should really be concerned about at this stage?

A few of my red arrows can be attributed to increased Bing traffic.

16. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

I am feeling cautiously optimistic. My google.com traffic is stabilizing. But more importantly to me, my ebay sales are holding at an acceptable level and I've sold 45 Amazon items so far this month. Way below what I'm used to, but better than I expected. But I continue to hold my breath.

17. wychic profile image85
    wychicposted 13 years ago

Cautiously optimistic here too...now up to about 80% of my previous normal daily traffic after it had dipped down to about 40%. The fact that it's still about 20% lower could even just be that it's March -- I always see a huge slow-down around February and March and then it picks back up. Maybe that's an indicator of a hole in seasonally-targeted hubs. I'm not one for Valentine's Day or Easter very much, must try harder wink.

Adsense never did go down, Amazon sales are still non-existent this month and I REALLY hope that comes back, but not too concerned smile.

18. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I am seeing google.com traffic increasing a little each day.
    The Hp ads are doing better than google and amazon is basically non-existent, I finally checked tonight after not checking for a few days. 0.00 conversion.

19. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 13 years ago

I am seeing an increase. Let's hope it stays this way! tongue

Edit: Sadly, I found that the increase was due to someone linking one of my hubs in a forum (web 1.0, luckily) and not from a Google SERP change. Well, hopefully the SERP changes do happen.

20. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

My traffic has only increased by about 50, so I'm not seeing vast improvements as of yet. Although I'm not too worried because I'm still seeing decent earnings (except from Amazon.)

21. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

I have noticed an increase, including traffic from Google.com.

As far as patterns go, I can tentatively say that the Hubs that are recovering well are the longer ones: 1200-1500 words.

That conclusion is built from fairly low traffic, but it is the first time that I have seen any sort of structure to the changes smile

22. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 13 years ago

Amazon is the big problem for me. Sales are at least fifty percent down- in line with the decline in traffic to my Amazon hubs.

If I throw my adsense and hubpages ad income together there is a modest ten or fifteen percent improvement on adsense alone, pre-slap. But it is very early days.

Even so, high volume info hubs might be the way to go now. Leave Amazon until things improve on that side(if ever).

I'm optimistic I will make enough money to sustain life this month. I don't want to be eating grass...

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
      Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am still getting the clicks on Amazon, but no conversions. Still, most of my Amazon-targeted Hubs are informational rather than product reviews, so it should be easy enough to optimise them for Adsense if the situation does not improve over the coming weeks smile

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same here - and about half my hubs are product-oriented! I've made one lonely Amazon sale so far this month.

23. Kangaroo_Jase profile image74
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Not worrying for now, not worrying for over the next three months either. If my traffic and earnings stay flat and start to decrease to 20% or greater from NOW and over the next three months (a steady decline), THEN in three months I will be unhappy.

24. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Google does try to recognize whether a query is navigational, transactional or informational. It seems to be that "transactional" queries have been guided away from Hubpages domain.

My drop in sales/value of clicks is not commiserate with traffic drop ...its much worse!

the stats I shared earlier were for g.com (us) only

1. Sufidreamer profile image79
      Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just finished a batch of Hubs with a strong Amazon slant - the next batch is about a very similar topic, so I might change the focus towards Adsense and compare the two. smile

2. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Makes you wonder if it's worth bearing that in mind when writing Amazon hubs - perhaps one should try to make them as informational as possible, and then refer readers to the items in the capsules every now and then, rather than making the items the entire focus of the hub.  If that makes sense.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)