Helping Others

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (30 posts)
  1. lanealanea profile image61
    lanealaneaposted 13 years ago

They Say That You Can Help Yourself  By Helping Others

1. Sekharg profile image59
      Sekhargposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it is true.

There is also another one which says
      you get what you want if you help other people what they want

lanealaneaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that saying is great too. What is the cost in trying  right?

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You do wonderful things for yourself by helping others. wink

True. :-)

3. cpvr profile image60
      cpvrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, when you help others, they usually tell people about you.
      Which mean, no good deed goes unnoticed.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

sounds good

:-)

3. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Couldn't help but notice this thread falls into the Mental Health category hmm I can therefore excuse myself for the post if it offends anybody that would question my knowledge of the subject big_smile!

I Believe that you can help yourself and the Rest of the World If:

- You Listen to No One More Negative Than Yourself

- That you develop a good sense of yourself and Humor.

- That You Give Greater Weight to Logical Understanding by Listening more to the 'Factual' Life Experiences of others, rather than Listening To 'Hypothetical' Hearsay Experiences that are promoted by someone who has Not Had the Factual Life Experience, yet 'believes' that they are better qualified at the experience!

- That you should ALWAYS Question the 'authority' of those that expect to Change or Influence You, while acting within their own authoritive roles.

- That You Will Help Your Relationships with others and help create better life experiences if: You Treat Others the Way That You Would Expect Them To Treat You - and make that a habit and principle within your life. hmm

- That you think deeply on the points that I have made here.. As they ARE FACTUALLY Supported and are created 'Of Sound Mind!' smile big_smile

1. Misty39 profile image58
      Misty39posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you 100% your words of wisdom are the best.I also feel that by helping others would come from a voice of experience,I might have been that person, but because I absorb others sensitivities(pain) I was not applying my own advice,where I created much physical havoc within.
      I can say this;that it has made me a lot stronger person,mentally and spiritually.....  How can I hook up with those smilies?  (chuckles)   yikes)

4. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

How do you get your neighbors to spend time with you; what do you do if you live in the boonies not by choice? How do you get out and make friends if you're depressed?

You can lift yourself up in so many ways without thy neighbors and even though it's a great idea to hang out with them, get up and get busy cleaning, moving around stff like that because all of this loads you up with energy and chemically changes theway you feel. I was in depression before. That's the fastest way out.  Just turn into a runner if you hate to run or be the ultimate long distance walker around the town with your hat on if you need to but start circulating your body a whole lot and you will kick that depression so far you won't find it again. Check out my hub on "get up and do stuff" and a few others havevsome fun with them if you like.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow, what great tips! I never thought of forcing myself to run, true I've never been a runner!!

I know right? I hadn't planned it I locked my keys in my car like back in 1996 well let's just say I had to walk from one city to the next and was so cold I just did the run walk run walk and then couldn't move the next day ha! Then the next week I got the idea and kept it up and changed it up. :-)

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

that's super cool lanealanea! LOL smile
            I went to the gym today and it lifted my "mood"
            Serioulsy if I could do that every ohter day, I used to go the the gym w/ my regularly. I love the hot tub etc.

smile

well there, you sure already look like you go to the gym everyday. Give yourself a break because your just as motivating yourself. Good for you. Keep posting

2. lanealanea profile image61

Hope your finding lots of passion in something new today. I just checked my posts to see If there was anything new. Have a great day

5. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Your neighbors are spending time with you now... Have You Not Noticed That?
    I Live in the Boonies and life is far more obvious (if you open your eyes and your heart to it)... 'Life' is Nature.. So many in the world do not have that opportunity to experience the things you can!
    You are a writer I believe, Write - Tell the World - Be Our Eyes to your piece of it and we will appreciate you being a neighbor.
    Believe in your passion.. You will replace your restrictive outlook... But Understand Passion First.. It Is 'The Life' that surrounds you.. if you look!

Well  speaking for myself, I can honestly say that when I help others It energizes me. And, the more energy that I have the more I can do of anything.

1. Betty Zeritis profile image60
        Betty Zeritisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Helping others is the simply the right thing to do. At some time in life everyone is challenged and may need support and compassion.

That's it Betty. I am going to agree all the way.

1. Betty Zeritis profile image60
            Betty Zeritisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One thing I have learnt over the years, unfortunately, is that you need to also have a healthy awareness and sense of boundaries. To not  project that you are (well how can we say this nicely) "a sucker!"

I have lost friendships over being too nice and always jumping in to rescue people who you later see would not help themselves if that makes sense. Sure these friends weren't real friends to start with but it does hurt when people turn their back on you once they have what they need or you stop giving them what they want. Some perceive kindness as a weakness and opportunity to serve their self interests. 

The lesson here is that you cannot help everyone all the time and there is a line somewhere where we must protect ourselves and be cautious.

I still remain compassionate and kind but can now see when someone is starting to take advantage of that generosity and pull back a little and see what happens. If they walk away, their is your answer!

You sound so very genuine and I surely hope that you don't ever change. We need more, more people like you.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

well pearly diver, i like that idea too
      serioulsy thinking of the trees and nature as pals is nice
      I like taking phots, I'll post some :-) I took some today. Your advice all of it is great!! everyones!! smile keep it up!! big_smile

6. schoolgirlforreal profile image78

Helping others does make me feel much better. Sometimes I have to look for people to help!

Thanks

1. Wassiwassa profile image61
      Wassiwassaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Helping others gives a feeling of worth. You feel that you are doing something great. Help others and god will help you in return...

2. lanealanea profile image61

Yah and it tends to become a fun habit because you made them feel better, you feel good so that gave you adrenaline and on to the next hee. It's not like you have to for me it feels great and I sleep good at night

7. cobrien profile image59
    cobrienposted 13 years ago

I feel great after helping others. It gives me a sense of self worth and confidence. At times I have problems seeing the line between helping and enabling. A lot of the time, I end up getting used.Maybe I should stick to the Humane Society!

No  Cobrien, please keep helping who you want to in your heart, I do and I know what your talking about. One day, just one great thing will happen for you, it always does so long that you, yourself are strong keep helping. Those ones who take advantage are the ones you will see coming if you are strong. That is where you should build and have fun doing it. Great hard workin nice people are more then hard to find

8. ncuxapa_ profile image60
    ncuxapa_posted 13 years ago

Jesus said so...so it has to be true

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)