Muslim Men Attack Women and Christians in Egypt

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (50 posts)
  1. AnnCee profile image67
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

They attack their own women in Tahrir Square and attack Christians in their churches.  What kind of government can we expect from people like this.   I think they NEED a boot on their necks, they can't behave themselves on their own.  People get the leaders they deserve.

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/tabid/178/ … fault.aspx

1. kephrira profile image60
      kephriraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is because Islam is a religion of peace AnnCee, but don't forget that it is also a religion of love - http://www.thedailysatire.com/world-new … otherhood/

AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL. . .    I think?

2. edmob1 profile image60
      edmob1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

If we (people) have the leaders we deserve then there should be no need to concern ourselves with what happens in other countries.

Until the end of the nineteenth century, American foreign policy essentially followed the guidelines laid down by George Washington, in his Farewell Address to the American people: "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is — in extending our commercial relations — to have with them as little political connection as possible."

We'd be better off.

But that can of worms has already been opened.

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
        VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All countries are interdependent. No country can say they dont bother about their neighbour.   

Simply saying Islam is a religion of peace and love have no takers. They should love all other religions and all other people. Just loving themselves and killing others does not mean love and peace.

2. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

It's their culture, so it's their way. So, it's not a surprise.

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I think it's best if the United States stayed firmly out of Egypt and Libya.

And it looks like Obama is agreeing with that too. There really is no reason for foreign forces to enter Egypt because a protest got out of hand, they are compliant with all International derictives thus far.

As for Libya, yes it looks like somebody is going to have to go in there. France are willing, they weren't up for Iraq, let them do it. Thus far the UK and France have been the most active in preparing a military response.

Contrary to popular belief within America, the United States isn't the only capable military in the world and sometimes it really is best to let others take the reins.

I agree.  But talk is heating up about a no fly zone over Libya controlled by the US but ostensibly the work of NATO.  One plane down and we're in there.

I don't think we have any military business in Egypt.  But that doesn't mean we should just close our eyes to the things that are going on there.  Once again useful idealists thought they were serving an ideal and they expected the world to protect them.  They were serving thugs and they will get something worse than Mubarak.

I'm glad I have faith in God and faith in prayer.  I think those people need prayer.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seems that's exactly what's getting them in trouble there in the first place. smile

One minute.  What took so long?  smile

I stopped off for coffee and donuts. smile

You'll ruin your dinner.  smile

It was my dinner. smile

You look smarter than that. smile

2. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your planes shouldn't be needed. The British and French air forces would be sufficient alone, if that is the way that everybody wants it to be.

You seem to be confusing the actions of a handful of demonstrators against the actions of the new Egyptian government, they are two entirely different things.

What do you expect people to do? Other than watch? They have had a dictator for decades, give things a chance to change. Every muslim country is going to have extremism

Turkey do a good job of managing it, there is no reason why Egypt couldn't do too. A mosque was burnt down in the UK by the way, there are fruitcakes from any religion.

Any NATO plane down and we're in it.

http://www.billoreilly.com/b/Stratfor.c … 29924.html

1. profile image0

I should probably be a little more specific with what it is exactly that I support.

Sarkozy, the French Prime Minister, wants Nato permission to use his shiny collection of fighter jets to take out Libyan air fields (and probably their collection of planes too).

This would prevent Gadaffi from bombing his own citizens from the air, which is a real possibility.

If we let the French (and possibly the British) have a play then there will be no need for a no-fly zone, seeing as there will be nowhere for Gadaffi planes to take off, and as such there will be no need for wider NATO involvement.

I support the French position in that, as do the British. All NATO will need to do is sign a piece of paper letting them do it. No American involvement, simples.

What happens after that depends on a lot of factors. The French, by the way, are by far the best people for that region. Seeing as they effectively ran North Africa for sometime and as such would probably be most widely supported by states including Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia.

The United States are just not the best people for this job, the French are. The French have to use their weapons some time hey? They tend to sit on the fence most of the time, let them have their fun.

Thank, Ryan.  It's rare for the French to step forward this way.  Are they heavily invested in the area?

4. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Anne cee, are you a hasbarat?

Seriously---you are telling muslims they need a boot on their neck? Like the Palestinians have one on theirs?

Were you outraged when the IDF bombed the oldest Christian church in Old Town Palestine?
    Shot a pregnant woman?

It's 3 for 3 today----anti-Islam posts.
    Islam has replaced Obama as the devil of the day.

Meanwhile----the White Supremacy groups and Operation Rescue continue on. 

You are suspect in my book. You have an agenda. I think you are an Hasbarat.

1. profile image0

Nah not a hasbarat, just a typical right wing American wink

2. AnnCee profile image67

These animals bash themselves with their actions.  A simple report of their activities shows who they are. 

Do you admire them?

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is not answering my question Ann. But I didn't think you would.
        And no, I do not admire thugs and murderers, of any group. After all, I have been screaming for a long time about the plight of the Palestinians from the thuggish murderous Israeli's, and all anyone ever says is "You are an anti-semite."

Well, Arabs are semites too, Ann.
        Would you say you are an anti-Semite?

And I think Doug is right on the money.

The attempt to blame muslims for all terrorism is a distraction against other things going on.

I also think Ryan is right...let Europe handle it. We have our hands full already.

"Calling someone an Anti-Semite is a trick. We always use it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUGVPBO9_cA

5. lovemychris profile image76

Ahhhhh--I just saw your source....Israel Today. Of course.

6. Doug Hughes profile image60
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

I don't claim to know what happened to Christians in Egypt.  But I don't trust the source here. Remember that Israel was firmly backing Mubarak. Keep in mind that Israel borders Egypt at Gaza, which has become an inhuman gulag for Palestinians. Mubarak was guarding the back door and preventing humanitarian aid from getting in from Egypt. Now that's in flux and Israel is nervous. So they want to whip up some Christian hostility for anything Moslem.

Just keep the politics straight. Otherwise, you are just getting manipulated.

A quick Bing or Google could inform your mind on this subject if you trust any news sources other than your imagination.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
        Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was quite factual. Israel is trying to put a cork in the bottle. Whipping up American evangelicals into a case of rabid islmaphobia might just do it.

I'm not the only person to notice you are frothing a bit, AC. How many anti-Islamic posts today?!

7. pisean282311 profile image64
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

am not surprised at all..

8. Evan G Rogers profile image59
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

And, let me retort to the OP with headlines found every day across our country:

"American Man Beats Wife!!"

"Christians beat up Muslims!!"

... and we clearly see that this is mostly an issue that people are trying to blow out of proportion.

I don't condone violence, but don't try to act like only muslims beat up christians.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image74
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, Evan. I'm reminded of something Jon Stewart said. Here's a paraphrase:

"We can use the media as a magnifying glass to focus on the problems in our society, and perhaps figure out how to solve them, or we can use it to set ants on fire. And then run a series of investigative reports on the huge flaming ant problem."

I generally boil it down to "Liar, liar, Ants on fire," which is pretty apt here, I'd have to say.

9. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

Can we please keep in mind that this sort of thing happened within living memory in our own country?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtUY-wVLdeY

Yes, it's disgusting how women are treated in Egypt and many Muslim countries, but it's not unique to Islam. Every dominant culture in the world today does or has regarded women as second class citizens (or even sub-human) within living memory. It would be very, very easy to make a case that all of them still do, even though women now have equal or near-equal rights from a legal perspective in most of the developed world.

1. pisean282311 profile image64
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

instead of viewing it from perceptive of religion we must view it from perceptive of evolution...that can create way to understand such things in holistic point of view..

1. kerryg profile image83
        kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sexual control. In the animal kingdom, male animals often murder the offspring of rival males to improve the chances of survival of their own offspring.

Humans do this too - the probability that a child will die by violence increases exponentially when a stepparent of either sex is introduced into the mix - but we have also "evolved" the ability to brainwash millions of women over thousands of years to shame, oppress, abuse, mutilate, and even murder their own daughters to "keep them in line."

Religion is but one tool to exert sexual control over women, but it's one of the most powerful. A poor dumb lion stalking the hidden cubs of his defeated rival and fighting off angry lionesses can only dream of the ability to point at some wayward cub and call it a sinner and watch its mother rip it to shreds in his place.

2. wormdo profile image61
      wormdoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sad but very true. I would never argue that general living conditions for a Western woman are the same as they are for a woman in Egypt or a Middle-Eastern country, but we in the West are not perfect, and we do still subject our women to some terrible things.

3. lovemychris profile image76

It is happening here now!!
      Evangelicals are trying to take away abortion, period.
      They want to take control over women's reproductive lives,telling them they have no right to decide for themselves.

And they are TERRORIZING to do it!!!

And let's not forget the white supremacist who was just arrested for planting a bomb at an MLK parade...with the intent to kill Americans.

Hello!!!

1. BillyDRitchie profile image60
        BillyDRitchieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Um, LMC?  Abortion has been the law of the land for nearly 40 years, and that shows no signs of changing.

How is it that you get your way and still manage to whine?

It has changed drastically!
          87% of counties in America offer no abortion.
          They have been terrorized out of business.

Kansas, where Tiller was shot, has no clinic....or maybe they do, but the woman who practices there is under constant threat.To her and her family.

Where I live, there are no abortion services.....must drive far to find one.

Read up on it.....there are several anti-choice draconian bills in the works.

I am not whining Ritchie---pointing out the facts.

Operation Rescue it a terror organization as much as any Muslim group.

As are the rising number of White Supremacy ones.

Why no hearings on them? Don't bother, that was rhetorical...I know why.

1. Jim Hunter profile image62
            Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Where I live, there are no abortion services.....must drive far to find one."

You must?

Do you just hang out at abortion clinics or are you conducting a survey?

Must...weird

Republicans Make Women Slaves to Dying Fetus
              11 March 2011 12:09 pm   by Taylor Marsh

The Right thinks a fetus “can feel pain.” However, they don’t believe women do.

Think Progress has a harrowing video of a couple who were forced to do just that.

Oklahoma now bans all abortions after 20 weeks.

Oregon, Minnesota, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Florida, my home state of Missouri, and Ohio just might hop on the bandwagon to force women to deliver fetuses, even when they’re already dying. Thirty-one states and counting…

The Right’s war on women continues.

2. BillyDRitchie profile image60

Um, there is a difference between it being illegal and there not being a clinic convenient to your location.

I'm trying to follow your reasoning, and losing.....

What's the dif? If it's legal, but not available,it might at well be illegal!

And they are trying to make it illegal....have been since the 70's when Roe v Wade was made into law. It's just that now there are a whole bunch of Republicans who have the power and the will to do so.

Um, well, I certainly hope so, just as much as the Dems have the right to exercise all available options to keep it legal.

You seem to be of the mindset that the minority party should just sit down and shut up....it doesn't work that way....

NO, just stay out of my private life.

And don't use terror tactics to do it....otherwise you are no different than fanatics of any creed.

Odd, I wasn't aware that proposing legislation or introducing bills designed to change or modify laws constituted "terror tactics".

10. superwags profile image66
    superwagsposted 13 years ago

Egypt is a poor country and where ever there is poverty, there is tension between different communities - look at the horrific violence in Northen Nigeria (which is barely mentioned) where muslims seem to be coming off worse. I've no doubt that islam has a little to do with hitting women and that it must be tackled.

However the assertion that they "need a boot on their necks" is an utterly disgusting sentiment and you should be ashamed.

11. lovemychris profile image76

Lone Wolves: A Recent History of Violent Right-Wing Extremism http://woww.it/h8

Good thing Napolitano is on it, since the GOP-lead Congress could care less.

Ah, yes, the inimitable Janet "The System worked" Napolitano......

12. CARIBQUEEN profile image63
    CARIBQUEENposted 13 years ago

I agree with ryankett, USA should stay clear away from Egypt. Let them deal with their own internal affairs. USA cannot bail out everyone on the face of the earth.

13. gajanis786 profile image82
    gajanis786posted 13 years ago

The initiator of this thread  seems to be living in the fools paradise and living in great illusion where she can only point out Muslims for any wrong doings anywhere in the world, perhaps she conveniently forgets the religion of those who massacred innocent Muslims in Bosnia Harzagovinia not very long ago and also she want to close her eyes purposely to satisfy her ego that she cannot see heavy bombardments on Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan......does not she want to identify the religions of those doing all these killings under the disguise of locating Bin Laden?.....who in many expert opinions does not even exist today, I can give many more such examples....so please come back from a self deceiving state madam and start looking things in its totality and through factual points.....by saying all these I do not want to defend all these bad things being done by Muslims....no I strongly deplore all these non sense but please try to understand in this world there are good people and bad people in every religion.....so it is totally unfair to pin point only Muslims for all bad happenings in the background of negative media campaign against Muslims. Thanks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)