Is Hubbing Even Worth It Anymore?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. stockfx profile image58
    stockfxposted 13 years ago

Although my overall Hub traffic hasn't been affected with Google's latest algorithm change, I haven't had much motivation to continue writing.

Has anyone had any positive experiences with newly published Hubs?

Thanks in advance.

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
      Sally's Troveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps your lack of motivation is coming from a place other than anything to do with HubPages.

Newly published Hubs bring immediate responses from the HP community to the writer who has developed a following on HP.

How you get there and where you take it from there is up to you.

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You've been here 4 months. Meaning you've not given enough time for almost every aspect of being here.

But, to answer your question- Yes! Absolutely! smile

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it's an individual result of experiences.  Example I have had yet another hub removed that ran for half a year last year with the addition of 2 photos, but mistakes happen, and we or I cross the line, seldom knowing so [please take note of that]

I agree though it has been hard to keep motivated but then it passes and this place magically gets me through some pretty tough times, ie; this week.

So it comes and goes and a break can never be a bad thing

hmm:

Hope it gets feeling better soon smile

3. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

people are still reading me and getting something out of it. My hubs aren't big earners anyway, and money wasn't my original reason for writing (although it is a nice bonus).   One of my more popular hubs has just had a dramatic increase in traffic & comes up on page 1.  It has never earnt money though.

Those that were getting big payouts that no longer are may think it's not worth it anymore, or maybe they'll just change their strategy?

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just got position one for my latest hub keywords instantly!
        Not sure how many people are searching for "fourteen chickens " though! smile

1. RedElf profile image90
          RedElfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smilebig_smilebig_smile - how did you know that's exactly what I was looking for?!!

Seriously though, writing here is absolutely worthwhile - reminds me of that old orange juice commercial - a day without HubPages is like a day without sunshine!

4. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you haven't already, you can also start an enriching and empowering path to writing by joining HubPages. sad

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"Is Hubbing Even Worth It Anymore?"

That very question will be presented to the jury after I see how the new ad program does. As things currently stand, AdSense just ain’t making it…smile

3. workingmomwm profile image80
    workingmomwmposted 13 years ago

I'd say it depends on what motivates you. It's worth it to me to continue because I enjoy the writing and the community here.

I get almost no outside traffic, and my Google earnings, if you can call them that, are almost non-existent - but they are picking up. And at least my traffic's staying steady.

If you're looking for major income here, though, you're most likely going to be disappointed.

4. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 13 years ago

I say it is worth hubbing.  These changes have had little to no affect on my traffic (maybe even helped some of my hubs), and hubpages has a great layout, making it easy to earn.

5. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

HubPages is also an excellent place to learn things that you can use in other locations on the web.  Here you can become a better writer, a better publisher, better at marketing and SEO, and better in dozens of ways. 

I honestly believe the change in traffic and income will correct itself over time; but even if it doesn't, I believe that Hubbing and participating in the community offer benefits that are hard to measure.  Here we can take a free "course" in the finer points of online publishing.  And, like most stories about success, our own degree of success depends largely on what we put into it.  In HubPages, we can learn how.

6. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

you may not be reaping the monetary rewards from your Hubpages articles as yet,but this is a good online platform to show possible customers who may want you to write for them.

phew!that was along sentence! wink

1. Midnight Oil profile image83
      Midnight Oilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You need to have a lie down after that...

Totally agree, I have added my Hub pages to my portfolio in the 'real' world...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)