why do you think world needs 2nd coming of christ?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (78 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

why do you think world needs savior?..are human race totally incapable species that it didnt learn from first coming and requires second coming?

1. superwags profile image64
      superwagsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the human race is having too much fun. Jesus needs to come down here and get us all to hate ourselves again. While he's down here he might explain why his dad invented AIDS.

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol well thats easy...jealous...why should human have all the fun...

2. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Humanity clearly did not learn from His first coming.

He is coming the second time to take back what is rightfully His. Lordship, over all things!

1. vector7 profile image59
        vector7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Every knee shall bow...  wink

Boy am I impatient for that.

No more hatred.

smile

3. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

but maybe the second would prepare for the third and we could have a kick ass baseball team

lol

2. Kylo88 profile image60
        Kylo88posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hell yeah!

4. Dave Mathews profile image59
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When Jesus finally returns, he will establish world peace, which man does not seem capable to do. He will end all of the pain and suffering and injustice in the world, which mankind cannot do definitely.

They'll get their world peace after the rapture. But a false world peace that ends up crumbling when one of them finally breaks their agreement.

All in the Bible dear friends. Isn't far away either.

What Jesus is bringing is Love and an Iron Rod for any back talkers this time. lol                                             (to keep everyone nice)

smile

5. safiq ali patel profile image67
      safiq ali patelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well believers tend to hope that if there were a second coming of christ we would find peace on earth and an end to wars. It's also hoped that if christ were to come to the earth again he would play a part in ending the suffering of famine, and be able to sort out the many problems that the human race lives with in the 21st Century.
      Some people did firmly think that Christ would arrive in 2000. Some say Christ comes to earth daily and is always visable to those who can see him.
      And while there are those who follow Christ who would like him to come to earth the world today still has many who oppose Christ would not want or wish for Christ to exist at all never mind come to earth.

6. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

someone said coming

7. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, but they are quite lazy and needful. Instead of engaging the work done for them, have consciously taken a humanistic approach to the combined sciences of Judaism, Christianity & Islam; thoroughly ignoring the primary fundamental of that work and relevance of "salvation".

It has nothing to do with human capability from a zero-point of the requirement of salvation. You must ask yourself, even if humans were able on their own, what would be its purpose, the foundation for this capability?

The belief of a 2nd Coming was designed to include "Jews" & "Muslims with "Christianity", where they did not alienate the others, especially since the "Jews" were/are still awaiting their Messiah (as an actual ruling King over Israel). Think of the mess Rome would have had if "Christianity" had bluntly said: "No Messiah for You!"?! It would have caused massive uprising and chaos. This is probably why Rome blamed the "Christians" for burning down the joint, and the successful replacement of Roman/Greek pagan worship with Christianity (w/ grafted in Judaism AND paganism).

James

8. manlypoetryman profile image80
      manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Answer: Just look around you!

1. Kylo88 profile image60

i was about to say, umm, have you SEEN the world recently? lol

2. kess profile image61
    kessposted 13 years ago

The  christ is Truth/knowledge of Life.

So The second coming of Christ is the coming of the thought...which brings the knowledge of Truth and Life.

He who recieves it become aware and are in the Light.

who receives it not remain in darkness

Christ Jesus is my saviour.  Maybe just a thought to you.

He died for me, and has my service.

He is also God.
      (no questions please, I know some are confused. Unless you want a verse)

smile

3. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

why do you think world needs 2nd coming of christ?

When Jesus escaped persecution by Jews and a cursed death on Cross and he migrated from Judea to India and neighboring countres where 10 out of 12 tribes in exile resided; in his absence fake people like Paul distorted his teachings; they made Trinity out of Oneness of the Creator-God; and made Jesus a god or son of god without Jesus having knowledge of it. Jesus was accounted for such concepts by the Creator-God; he absolved himself of such things; and his spirit wanted that he gets a chance to refute such wrong concepts invented in his name. Since one who dies never comes back again in this world, so the Creator-God accepted Jesus' wish and sent someone in his place in metaphoric shape.

So the Promised Messiah 1835-1908 has beem sent to refute the stance of Jesus.

ok...so only to you out here on hubs...why do you think humans require third coming of christ?

No such thing. Third coming is a myth. He only comes 'to earth' twice.

He's been here once 2000 years ago (please no exact year jokes)

He will raise His elect to the air and take us to Heaven for 7 years in the rapture. He will not be coming to earth for anything, we will be going to Heaven.

After the rapture and 7 years pass, Jesus and His elect (the raptured which include all the dead Christians from all of history) will come to earth with Christ leading the battle to extinguish evilness from the earth to start his kingdom of love. (dreamy huh??)

And go ahead and listen to Muhammad over there on Christianity... I'm sure it will go over great.  roll

smile

According to muhammad , jesus would come to earth..Islam believes in second coming...one of major difference between muslims and christian is muhammad...christian doesnot believe muhammad was final prophet while muslims believe jesus was prophet who came prior to muhammad..

1. profile image51
            paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, and Jesus has come for the second time to correct the wrong beliefs invented by the Church in Jesus name; he has come in the smybolic form of the Promised Messiah 1835-1908. Christians and Muslims both believe in the second coming of Jesus; so ther is no real difference. Jesus prophesied of the advent of Muhammad; the truthful Christians should accept him. Jesus did come before Muhammad.

1. profile image51
        2. profile image0

Daniel,
          Maybe you are not reading the text or not reading it correctly.

"He will raise His elect to the air and take us to Heaven for 7 years in the rapture. "

a.) there is no such notation ANYWHERE in script. S/Paul's mention of "being caught up" has nothing to do with the event most believe. In fact, if you read the text correctly "caught up in the clouds" translates from Hebrew to mean "glorified". Same word used to describe Y`shua when he arose and was seen by many. It does not say "at this such-in-such time" but more like at anytime someone reaches the point of faith that they are glorified".

b.) And this is the biggie! There is NO mention of a Rapture anywhere in Torah or the Letters of "New Testament". Nowhere.

c.) Be sensible: why would Y`shua return? He finished his work and sat at the right hand of the Father, yes? In Hebrew to sit means to be done with, complete. If he returns, then the Spirit cannot remain --as he said, I go that the Spirit may come, because if I do not go, the Spirit cannot come to you. The Spirit now will teach you and lead you into ALL truth.

d.) Why would he take you to "heaven" for seven years (no mention of that anywhere either) then bring you back to earth after all this? To fight a war against evil you did not create? Does he need warlords? An army to defeat this "devil"?

I think not...

As you said He isn't coming himself but doing a 7-year pick up, drop off so you can fight this battle that was already won the moment he resurrected? Makes no sense.

The entire book of "Revelation" is summed up in this:

"The Testimony of Y`shua Moshiach."
          "The [revealing of the work] of Y`shua Moshiach"

It is not a prophecy of the "End Times"...

James.

Thought I mentioned I'm not doing all that typing or arguing with you?

Your way off in left field compared to my view, which is butting heads straight on... Just post it for everyone else there James.. wink

2 Timothy 2:14
            14 Remind them of these things, and charge them before God not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers.

The discussion would never end friend..

1. profile image0

I am not here to argue with you Daniel.
              Like many others whom I engage in the world, my position is to firmly and correctly edify the believing, encourage the non-believing by evidence of real fruit of Life (not pretend fruit/plastic fruit) and perhaps heal the post-believing (atheist) who have been filled with lies or not told actual truth and resulted in bitterness or aloofness toward Life, especially Eternal Life...

James.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Heal me priest, heal me! lol

Real fruit - not plastic - like u got.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
                  Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus is the High Priest ,and offers Fruit of the Spirit (real) in abundance Mark.

Try it ,go on ,just a nibble,or in abundance,your choice.

"just a nibble"

Get a taste of Jesus there Mark...

It isn't too sweet for you is it?

John 5:40

40 "yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life."
                    -Jesus

Nice kiwi...

2. profile image0

Marcus,
                  you're funny, and entertaining.
                  Me, a priest? As if!
                  But, as for fruit, I offered to show you my evidence, you declined.
                  Nothing else I can do, now is there?

Enjoy your wax fruit salad ( lol )

James.

If you thought that - you would not be doing what all the religionists such as yourself do - claiming esoteric knowledge that you have a duty to persuade me to accept as real and then telling me that I am too hurt/ignorant/wilfull to accept your majik juju. You have shown me no evidence - the evidence exists only in your head.

This is why your religion causes so many conflicts. sad

2. profile image51

I din't mention of third coming of Jesus. Did I?

ya but since his second coming was confided to small group i thought may be he would have world primer soon...today we have so many medium which can be used...may be jesus would appear on oprah show or may be jesus would get in facebook or youtube...third coming is required since first coming , second coming divided more people than uniting them...

4. Monty.Hugh.Tigis profile image60
    Monty.Hugh.Tigisposted 13 years ago

I was always under the impression that Jesus was allowing us to be a part of his redeeming plan for the world. Isn't that why the Spirit was sent to us? So we could be his hands and feet on this earth?

The second coming of Jesus I believe signifies the end of the world as we know it. The end of suffering, death, sickness, sin, torment etc.

It is going to be the defeat of the Enemy.

We want him to return, to put an end to all the crap in the world. But before he returns, there are some things that we have yet to achieve.

Your exactly right. But...

We achieve nothing. He achieves through us. (not to say you didn't mean that) wink

To God be the glory.

smile

5. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

We need the Savior because we all have sinned. Jesus came to save us from eternal doom. That is why we need a Savior. The second coming of Jesus Christ is the hope of believer's that God is in control of all things, and is faithful to the promises and prophecies in his holy word. Jesus is returning to remove all believers from the earth. Believers who have died will have their bodies resurrected and, along with believers who are still living, will meet the Lord in the air. This will occur in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye. The second coming is when Jesus returns to defeat the Antichrist, destroy evil and establish his millennial kingdom. This is decribed in Revelation 19:11-16.

Personally - I can't wait for him to come and take you off. Perhaps we can get on and live peacefully then. Is he going to take the Muslimists and the other religionists as well? Even the Mormons? I may move to Utah if he does. lol Great place. Apart from the..............

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Mark  for the nice compliment big_smile Actually you will never have peace without Jesus no regardless of where you move. Jesus will take anyone who has accepted him as their Lord and Savior. smile Utah may be a great place, but it's nothing compared to the glorious new heaven. Revelation 21:1. This earth will be destroyed. At the second coming, believers return with the Lord to the earth. Revelation 19:11-14. The new heaven will be on earth.

I love the LOVE WOC!

Praise God for you!!

smile

Hi vector, You are funny. smile I praise God for you too. I am just allowing God to have his way.

Cheers to serving God fellow soldier.. 

wink

Cheers to you also. smile

2. vector7 profile image59

And your dead on with your scripture..

Whew! Amazing... Just Amazing...

I'll see you at the rapture.  wink

big_smile

I look forward to when that glorious day arrive big_smile Everything will happen in God's perfect timing. God bless you!

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

No savior required. More people being responsible for themselves is what is actually required. lol

1. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey cags. Strange day. I completely agree with you. We'd be a whole lot better off if people stopped anticipating something coming down and fixing this bloody mess we've made. Whether anyone is right, or not, about religion it needs to take a back seat for the good of the world.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice to know. wink
        Dealing with the here and now, instead of making outrageous claims about what happens after death, which has put the world into it's position as it is now, would be really helpful.
        But, it's unfortunate- the "belief" itself is selfish, as I said before. Thus, making people who do believe, selfish at their inner core. Therefore, all their actions are based on a selfish form of behavior. Those who do help others(supposedly a selfless action), isn't actually because they believe that if they do, then they will be granted the reward(afterlife).

Religion cannot be right. Why? Because the teachings imply to be selfless in action, but the belief is created before any selfless action is taken. Thus, all action is selfish, in actuality. wink

1. profile image0

lol Leave it  to you cags. It's not such a strange day after all.

Belief is not selfish. It is simply belief. Trust me. We'll all see the other side (but even though I don't believe in hell, it might feel like hell for me if you don't lighten up before we get there)

lol

You're missing the point Just- the action is selfish.
            The formation of the belief is an action. That's what you fail to see.
            Hell is a metaphor for being buried in the ground. If you're not living life, then it IS hell. wink

1. profile image0

Arghh. It is not selfish if I don't expect to gain more by the belief than I expect all others to gain. It is not selfish if I understand it is belief. Unprovable. The world we live in has to take priority because if I am wrong it is all we have.

Belief cannot take precedent over reality. Only when it does this, for a Christian, can it be called selfish. I don't know enough about other beliefs to know whether this holds true for them.

I think I do agree with part of your argument. I do believe that the assumption that the end is near has caused Christianity to not only turn a blind eye to the increasing environmental problems, but the problems in society as well. It is difficult to see the need for change in yourself, if you are expecting an external solution.

How is that you expect to receive an afterlife for believing and you also think that others who don't believe will get what you get? Is that was you are saying.
                The ACTION of forming the belief. What part do you NOT understand.
                It doesn't matter if it is provable or unprovable. The ACTION is selfish.
                You're not wrong, it is all we have.
                Correct. But, that doesn't make the belief any less selfish.
                The formation of the belief is all that matters, regardless.
                The only reason most people cannot see it, is because they are selfish at their inner core and cannot get past themselves. Damn, it is not that difficult to understand.

It is if they really, really, really need to have an easy answer.

"God," is the easy answer they want. I gives them personal authority to fight for what is right. They think that causing constant arguments about Jesus coming back to force unbelievers to their knees is "love."

sad

Start arguments? I thought it was discussion? Why are they arguing?

Love and good news.  Just love and good news...

And I love you..

smile

2. profile image0

Easy answers? lol Those little blinders are so darn cute on you Mark.

2. profile image0

Simply because I believe that our consciousness, or soul, continues past this, our perception of existence, means it is true for all. Am I more conscious than you? (well, probably, but not in the most important sense lol)

Do not speak down to me, munchkin . No one is arguing the point that there is action involved. We are discussing whether the belief is selfish or not.

Ditto to the above statement.

You do not know this is all we have. You perceive this to be the truth. This, too, is unprovable. I think, you believe you have a mountain of evidence to stand on, from which vantage point you believe yourself to be looking down on me. What you fail to accept is that the believer stands on this same mountain, plus some. If I choose to let this evidence permeate the rest, I end up staring across the divide. I do not choose to keep this knowledge separate, so that I can somehow fashion it into a soapbox so I see myself as looking down on you.

Wrong, wrong, wrong to your final points. I would explain why; but repeating myself is tedious. smile

Whew.. Is it hot in here or is it me?

lol

2. pisean282311 profile image62

@cagsil i agree with you...

7. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

The Bible states that except the days for Jesus return are shortened, no flesh will be saved.  What this tells me is that the world will be destroyed by man. 

There are enough nuclear bombs to destroy the world of mankind already in existence today.

nope ...nukes can't destroy life and humans are mere one species..even if humans becomes extinct life would still prevail in some or other form...actually religion sees life in too narrow prism...human beings is one of life forms but there are thousands and thousands of others too...

2. vector7 profile image59

There are enough nuclear power plants and war heads on this planet to turn it into a virtual star...

lol

Life would cease to exist for sure. Nothing lives on the sun...

smile

8. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

PS!!!
    Posting "Scripture" == Plastic Fruit.

Shiny, but inedible.
    Looks great on the outside, empty or just foaming in the middle.
    Comes in many varieties; but no seed..

Cheers!
    James.

9. WebbyAvatar profile image57
    WebbyAvatarposted 13 years ago

I get curious to see if he will shave his beard this time and even opt to have a different hairdo wink

i guess he would...in end religion uses science for expansion...and jesus would use science for shaving , communicating in today's world...may be facebook page or twitter page or youtube video...well guess jesus mistimed his first coming and so needs second coming ...at least he would have more followers in his second coming lifetime than he had in his first coming lifetime...

my church's logo is jesus with a beard and poneytail on a chopper. so i guess its up to him! lol

10. profile image0
    BunuBobuposted 13 years ago

The second coming: Jesus will come again with a blackberry and with a pre-created facebook and twitter page since they knew he was coming.

His albums will contain crucifixion pics but is that really suitable for children who might be on facebook?

And we all know how addictive blackberrys are so will he really have time to save humanity?

Plus I hope he learns how to drive!!!

lol

alol!! hell yes!!

11. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

Sorry but what was the question? Wait give me a second hmm:

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)