Christians : Do you really believe that world is 6k years old only?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (187 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

do you really believe that world is 6k years old only or consider it as different scale?

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Young earth creationist claims, including the idea that human and dinosaurs coexisted Earth and all of its life form were created 6000 years ago an over six-day period. , and the dinosaurs were in the Noah’s Ark along with the likes of T-Rex and all the other animal on the Ark were vegetarians until the boat returned back on land, then the carnivores drop their carrots and lettuce and return back to eating meat, how convenient.

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll  m sure peta would like this..

1. profile image0
          BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL.

Good Point!

How come they animals didn't eat the humans?
          If I was a T-Rex, I would have eaten Noah and his self righteous family.

just_curious suggested all the big animal came in baby size onto the Ark, everything is fun in Bible land

1. profile image0
              just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To clarify, so I won't be attacked because of your statement; I said that is how fundamentalists have rationalized their belief. It is not one I share.

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

never think about it, still don't. Just want to get through today dude big_smile

3. Greek One profile image62
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i've dated women older than that

lol sure you would have had...greece is much older than 6k atleast...

4. manlypoetryman profile image79
      manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let's see: The time Atlantis went missing < known recorded history of Alien visits < when the Dinosaurs became extinct...and carry over the entire Roman Empire History...and subtract the date and time that the Atom was first discovered....give or take the actual date the computer went "personal". Yep...6000 years more or less. That's what I'm standing on. Better yet...it's the whole concept of that little thing known as "carbon dating".

See link: http://www.answersingenesis.org/article … -the-bible

1. Titen-Sxull profile image70
        Titen-Sxullposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Except that Carbon Dating is and can only be used for materials up to about 60,000 years old. No scientist is using radio carbon dating to determine the age of Earth, it would be impossible. For dating the Earth other forms of radiometric dating are used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Earth

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
          Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or one Christians perspective on why the Earth is younger.

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=FJCNNN8U

1. profile image0
            jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Christian perspective? You mean Christian nonsense!

5. mecheil profile image60
      mecheilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i know some christians who doesn't believe that earth is only about 6000 years old. they reason out that in the bible it's stated that 1 day for god can be 1000 or some thousands of years in a man's point of view (don't know what bible verse states that). they also cited adam's age vs. the verdict that was given him when he committed the sin. "on that day you will certainly die," but adam lived for 960 years. in that case, 1000 years for a man is 1000 years for god, according to them.

It's the Mormon that believes a 1000 years to one man year. Add three 0s to 6014 years old you have 6, 014,000 year old (over 6 million).

The immortal jelly fish 650 years old and the earth are 4 billion years old according to most professional scientist.

Christian replace science with magic and Christian math on History is lost in space.

1. mecheil profile image60
          mecheilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i don't think the bible account of genesis talks literally of 1 day for every day of creation, or even a 1000 years. it does not discuss the original creation of matter or of the heavenly bodies, rather of the preparation of the already existing earth for human habitation. the term "day" in the bible would bring us to the different meanings of the hebrew word for day before it was translated, which include "a long time" and "the time covering an extraordinary event." hence, could mean thousands of years in length.

Mankind is too curious to sit back and wait for the religious man just to make things up about natural history without a solid study...

6. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

just_curious,
      There is no way to tell the "age" of this planet, using any human measurement from any of the sciences. The Gregorian calendar is a total farce.

Adam supposedly lived 1 Day and then 960 "years" after. If it took 1,000 "years" to complete Day 6 to Day 7, then he lived 1960 "years" total.

But, given the nature of the "Days" of Creation, time did not apply until Day 4, to separate the seasons. And time did not apply to Adam until the "fall", which is NOT known how long he was in timelessness until then.

Equally stating that dinosaurs lived "millions of years ago" also makes no sense. As they say humans have existed for 250,000 years. My mind would say it took humans 248,000 of those years to discover electricity, indoor plumbing, lasers, etc AND in less than 25 years following massive advances in technology?

Something doesn't fit.

James.

1. profile image0

Well, I completely get what you're saying. I agree that science is guestimating a date using the information they have available. I think your ideas on the rest are so cool, what little I can follow from your posts, and your hubs.

It does seem very odd that man developed vey very slowly, until our  accumulation of knowledge took off, as if a shot from a gun. Which is one reason I honestly believe we are on the cusp of some break through  with our knowledge spiritually too.

7. michifus profile image58
      michifusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With all the problems currently happening in the world, there is nothing like a bit of Christian baiting to relieve tension.

Next week its the Muslims. In the meantime guys n gals, try to think of a way to bait the Buddhists. They seem to get off Scot free in the forums. Bloody dogooders.

8. aguasilver profile image70
      aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good question, myriad of poor answers, indeed I have not actually seen any answers so far in my crawl through the posts.

6,000 years, on whose timescale?

If we take into account the fact that we have a God who lives outside of time, who dictated an account of how He created the place to an ancient devotee, who had an understanding limited by circumstance and historical time position, but never the less wanted to write down what he could as an accurate account, we may be able to start understanding that in part it is metaphoric and in part metaphysical.

Imagine yourself transported back in time and attempting to describe your world as it stands today.

How would you describe the internet, or an Apache Attack Helicopter, or the Space Station, or the consumer supply chain that ended in Walmart?

Try explaining our financial system?

Get my drift?

So let's assume that we have the same problem understanding what God tells us today as Moses may have had in his day, but we, with our increased knowledge base, demand more proof and exercise less faith, whereas Moses probably just reached for the quill and asked God to speak slowly.

I would guess Moses understood his ignorance before God and bore it in humility.

We seem to have lost that ability.

So..... to answer the question, (as a bible believing human) I do not hold that the world is 6k old in as literal sense, and yes I do hold that there is a considered scale to take into account.

I have heard theory's that each day was a 'universal day' i.e. the time the universe took to make one complete turn! and someone said that was 350 million years, and I have no idea whether 2,100,000,000 years would satisfy secularists as a reasonable time span for Gods six 'days' to take place, and even less if any fundy believer would go for it.

Whatever the answer, the main thing is that I believe God did whatever was required to bring us to this point, and whether that was 'speaking' the whole thing into existence, or going the slower route, I am content to admit that I also suffer ignorance before God and can bear it in humility.

Daniel 12:3-5 (Amplified Bible)

And the teachers and those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, and those who turn many to righteousness (to uprightness and right standing with God) [shall give forth light] like the stars forever and ever.

But you, O Daniel, shut up the words and seal the Book until the time of the end. [Then] many shall run to and fro and search anxiously [through the Book], and knowledge [of God's purposes as revealed by His prophets] shall be increased and become great.

9. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes.  It makes much more sense than believing that mankind evolved from some dumb neanderthal society.

2. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

Pisean, I'm sure you may find one or two that say yes to this. I doubt you would  find any that believe it. I think the one's who argue this point are  either simply trying to show their faith, or they are being supportive of what they see as the right of individuals to espouse their faith in whatever manner they choose; no matter how ludicrous.

I am related to people who claim baby dinosaurs rode on the ark. I couldn't convince them to say otherwise, even if I tried. It's a whole easier to smile and nod, then argue this point: because if I truly thought they believed it there wouldn't be much reason to argue. There would be greater issues to deal with.

At you mean T Rex, lions, and polar bears were all babies on the Ark, how cute. I was wondering how the lion did not eat the zebra wail eating from the same bucket and that's convenient too.

My first post came from the World's largest Creation Museum, that I wrote a hub on

1. profile image0

Cute, yeah. They've also got a Dr. Doolittle philosophy on heaven. It's entertaining.

I'll have to check out your hub on the Creation Museum. I keep hearing everyone here talk about it, but I don't know anything about it; other than, I guess, what its obvious purpose is.

2. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This forum has folks who have posted such things and believe it emphatically.

And, that's a good thing? smile

1. profile image0

Beelzedad, can't you see that sometimes the statement might be made as a display of attempted piety?

And, if the person making the statement doesn't attempt to force the teaching of this to be set beside scientific discovery, as if it warranted an equal footing; why should I begrudge them the statement? If I attempted to chase down every erroneous claim made in America today I'd have an impossible task. smile

For you out there, what do you believe or think A, B, C, or D?

A. Most people believe man began about 180,000 years ago.

B. Most people believe modern humans first began wearing clothes about 170,000 years ago, a ... clothes in the preceding Ice Age 180,000 years ago or man began much further back

C. Almost half of Americans believe man began less than 10,000 years ago

D, Creationist claims man did not wear clothes 6014 years ago, when man began

Now, I ask you Christians, if you picked D?

Next question

Are you a real Christian as stated from within the bible if you picked other than D?

1. Greek One profile image62

im not sure what the question is.

Are you saying that a 'real' Christian has to put the date of the earth's creation at 6014 years ago?

manlypoetryman  Yep...6000 years more or less. That's what I'm standing on. Better yet...it's the whole concept of that little thing known as "carbon dating".

See link: http://www.answersingenesis.org/article … -the-bible

I can't make heads or tails out it, maybe you or a Christian scientist can

1. profile image0

No. No. You don't have to believe bs to be a Christian. Maybe to be a creationist, or an evangelical; but I don't think the evangelicals have to. I know a lot of people that fall into that category and I wouldn't think any of them capable of believing such tripe.

Go to the streets castle. Take a survey. The fundamentalists on this forum are not indicative of the face, or beliefs, of Christianity at large; or, at the least, I hope like heck they aren't. smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image79

I'm not sure  what you are "No, No'ing" here...? But, I merely provided some info from a creation science standpoint. After that...its anybody's ball game as to what to believe in or not?

Oh...and I also tried to joke a little...but that's also up to anyone to believe whether it was funny or not.

Howevever...I know I'm laughing at how I personally concluded the 6000 years...for sure...and that is 1/2 the genius behind it! No?

1. profile image0

No.I'm not laughing at you.I'm laughing at the thought that all christians have to believe the same thing. It's like we all spent our formative years hooked up to some cloning device. I'm not sure where they think these hidden facilities are. It's a little creepy, if you ask me.

2. manlypoetryman profile image79

In a nutshell...this is how I heard it explained (from the link I posted) from a Creation Scientist (which, I sure am not.):

The use of carbon-14 dating is often misunderstood. Carbon-14 is mostly used to date once-living things (organic material). It cannot be used directly to date rocks; however, it can potentially be used to put time constraints on some inorganic material such as diamonds (diamonds could contain carbon-14). Because of the rapid rate of decay of 14C, it can only give dates in the thousands-of-year range and not millions.

2. profile image0

Castle, the definition of 'a Christian' is little more than someone who believes in the message of Christ. I know of no other litmus test used to determine who can, or should, use the name. Trust me, if there was another name I'd probably take it. Heck, I've seen definitions of everything from creationists, to Christian atheists.

Can you be a Christian and NOT believe the Bible genesis? Why should  Christians, continue to believe in the genesis accounts of creation? Why not grow up in a society learning  about evolution as our ultimate origins are from cosmic over millions of years, formed all life here on earth....

You can be a Christian if you believe in the teachings and divinity of Jesus Christ

The specific interpretations / theories of Genesis and the scientific data have no influence on that.

Very cherry picking from the Bible

Not at all... simply an admission that I am not God (a fact that I am sure will shock many of my fellow Hubbers).

My interpretations of text are just that.. my interpretations.  My faith does not rest on my intellectual capacity to fit a theological square peg into a scientific round hole.

As God said to Job... "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof"

2. manlypoetryman profile image79

Well said!

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

just_curious   Trust me

I hear that from all religions, Politician and from every bible version group and they all claim they have the right way to God

So do you believe the world began 4 billion years ago and man 180,000 years ago

1. profile image0

I see no reason to doubt that the earth is 4 to 4.5 billion years old. To be honest? I could care less how old it is. As to man? I see no reason to doubt the findings of science.

These issues do not negate Christianity. They refute the claims of people that probably clipped a theological degree from the back of a Cap'n Crunch box, and those who choose to follow their teachings.

How to you choose what blind faith to go with?

1. profile image0

Castle, you assume all religious people have blind faith. It is not the nature of spirituality. The only thing I trust in Christianity is the message of Christ. I'm pretty sure a large chunk of the rest is bs. I've heard you call yourself a spiritual person too. It's like you told me once before. Follow your heart. If there is something more, that's where it will speak to me. No spirituality could possibly lead someone in a direction that wasn't firmly grounded in love of man. What purpose could it serve if it didn't lead one in the direction of the common good? Any message that doesn't have that at its core and all the way through it would be pointless.

2. spiritualspark3 profile image60
                spiritualspark3posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@Castlepaloma

Hi,

Your knowledge seems to be perfect. May i know which all religious scriptures have u read? Your knowledge seems to be perfect in some areas to me and pretty lame in others. Even i  have read major religions and if there is disagreement in any of your or mine answers which i found, i definitely need to know where did i went wrong? or which religion was i not able to understand.

Waiting for your comments... Just name few religions that u read for a start, rather than giving your interpretations for all or one religion please!!!

Thanks for reading.

Good question

My best form of study and experience of religious behavior is by traveling the all major continents worldwide. From vides and words, I did not find one religion without limited thinking and over focus on righteous. Making it too much of an over ego world rather than a friendlier world. I grew up going to church and found the bible was the most contradictive book I have ever read.

Spiritual non religious groups I have had more of a healthy connection with. Mainly my religious experiences would dwell in my art business, travel, love and nature as each one of us needs personal growth centers’. The most inspiring book ever read was Taoism about 500 years before the Bible.  I not can confirm one contradiction no matter how much I have tried and it has truly has enhanced my soul.

1. spiritualspark3 profile image60

What if i ask u to read one book at a time, with your heart and soul.

& after reading that book, it doesnot brings you closer to god, changes your preception about god.

Please mind i am not drunk or stoned in anyway, i know what i am talking about.  I mean it to this degree that even if i have to stay as ur servant whole through out my life i am ready, sell my home and give u all the money i have, i  will give it  to you for misguiding and  wasting your precious time.

The answers i was looking for my life, for god, to be honest with you, my religion could not reply the same as it happened with you.

but i did not lose faith, i picked up the next one, and then the next one and then the next one till the time i got all my answers in right place.

You Know what, i feel sad for innocent people misled by wrong leaders, even in religion what i have seen is lets say if u read bible u will have ur interpretations and so does it stand for me. however if we keep our misinterpretations aside for  a while its all awesome.

No religious book can be bad brother, its just that may be it was unable to answer the questions we were looking for. Different religions came into existence because of different people living all over the planet and doing diff diff sinful activities. Religions and messengers of god gave different messages beacuse it was as per time place and circumstance.

@Castlepaloma

A  humble request,

What if the next country u travel to, happens to be of only cannibals where one human eats flesh of other humans. Which religion teaches that, i do not know any such religion.  From your  talks about religions and your hearing about all religions, i could easily understand that you did not read all religious books, and even u agree to it.

By knowing one, two or hundreds of people of any religion does not gurantees that you are getting the best of religion beliefs. These days humans are so degraded that they have changed previous religious book in a way they want it to hence whole idea of religious book turns pathetic.

Pick up the most authentic religion and then its authentic books, m sure it will enlighten you rather giving u hatred for it.

Its humans manipulating the truth brother, god is not so cheap to do such shitty acts under his own name.

His words were, are and always will be the best. For him "to c is to believe does not stands " as "believe and see" starts from him only. lets try and see what he wants to show rather then using imperfect eyes capable of seeing upto a short distance to see things that we want to see and ignore what we donot want to see.

God vision is living entities, nt christians or muslims or watever!!!

3. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Yet FSM is 7,000 years old.  Interesting...

4. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

The better question would be how does one choose between one or another faith, or not to have faith at all.

It is not a scientific theory that reveals natural truth based upon testing and experimentation.

Faith is about acknowledging a truth that might not have 'proof' in scientific terms.

5. flpalermo profile image61
    flpalermoposted 13 years ago

If you want to consider an answer to this question, find and read "Born to rule the Universe" here in Hub Pages.

6. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 13 years ago

Heaven only knows why, but I'm going to jump in here.  As a Christian, I do not believe the earth is 6,000 years old.  I believe that much of scripture is a)metaphorical and b)apparently contradictory - although deep and honest study of scripture shows that most often NOT to be the case.

That being said, it is VERY clearly stated in scripture that to God a day is as a thousand years...so, the six days of creation and one day of rest spoken of in Genesis could have easily been an actual period of 7000 years.  And, lots of years have passed since then.

So, no.  Not all Christians believe the earth is 6,000 years old.  That's point number one.  And, not all Christians deny evolution in totality, as much as Creationists/Evolutionists would love to say that isn't the case.

That's all I have to say about it, really.  Hope you all enjoy the rest of the discussion.

Hey Motown ,good to have you on board.
      Pull up a seat and buckle up smile

Interesting points, and trust me Heaven knows why you joined in.

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Eaglekiwi!  I tried a turn on the forums when I first got here, but found it to be a little too rough and tumble and - well - abusive for my taste.  So, I tend to stay away (only religion and politics) unless I feel I have something valuable to contribute.  And sometimes, I think pointing out that not everyone from the "right" is a fascist and not everyone from the "left" is any sort of extremist is important.

@ Motown2Chitown

Religion when mixed with politics will always be rough. However at times, u can accept comments thinking that other people know better than you by the mercy of the lord and for you to learn. u can accept compliments by thanking lord for the knowledge he gave you or helped to grow up with that is acting like a light in darkness of other's life...

I do not see any reason is good in religious view if only and only religion and lord is kept in mind & then surely there is no reason left for your absence.

Sorry if i offend and Thanks if u  accept...

Hahaha love how you cover all of your bases

To your best life smile

2. profile image0

Nah, I certainly am not offended.  It's fairly difficult to say something that will actually offend me.  As you say, often others DO know more than I, and I find that fact easy to accept and do so graciously as a rule. 

I just don't feel that's the case for everyone who chooses to participate in a religious/political forum discussion, and frankly, I hate to watch people snarl and snip at each other and condescend to someone who may simply have a) a different opinion or b) a different understanding.

So, I do LOTS of perusing in both forums, and if I truly feel led to add to the discussion I'll do so.  I do not, however, feel the need to "debate" anything.  I'm not in it to win it, I guess.  I'm really more interested in learning how and why people feel or think the way they do.

smile

@Motown2Chitown

Well i reckon you to hate the sin instead of hating the sinner as hating the sinner will add sin under your name for hating a children of god.

They are all beautiful humans spread all over the nations, its just that there brain is washed by any science or by there own science and they closing options by not learning and arguing instead...

1. profile image0

I hate only what destroys and undermines a person's sense of worth.  Whether Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Agnostic, Ignostic, Hindu, B'Hai, Buddhist - I just love people in general.  I don't like to see us hurting each other over and over and over again, simply for the sake of being right. 

Our religious and political history is a violent and depressing one.  But I am only one person and can only affect a small part of the world.  That's what I try to do, I guess.

smile

Columbus was only one person but then he invented or discovered America...

You are one spiritual spark to spread its light to the whole world and donot ever think urself as one because lord is always with you and once you both together do u need a better company then???

1. profile image0

I agree with that in part.  I also believe wholeheartedly that a small action on the part of one person can create a ripple effect and eventually affect the world as a whole.  But, I'd rather be the hug felt round the world than the shot heard round the world, if that makes sense.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Youre very welcome,and I know what you mean (rough n tumble).
          Gosh my early days left me feeling like I'd climbed inside a clothes dryer and literally fell out disorientated  lol

Now,I know they just bark alot ,and deep down really love me too.wink

7. spiritualspark3 profile image60
    spiritualspark3posted 13 years ago

Goodness why only Christian's need to  prove there content related to age of earth or creation? just because its written in Bible. Why not take a look at other scriptures and check what do they have to say for it? What deeds Christians did, to be born as Christians better  than other religion followers? Why to take the age of Earth only as per Bible, when Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhist all are living here?

Hubbers mark my name in the start  of questions or comments for me to understand its for me.

I want a healthy conversation from those who are ready to give best of there knowledge and also take mine.

Its not about proving it should be more on facts, science or religion, both are welcome...

I am not a Hindu, a christian, a muslim or anyone u may think but i surely have read all religions and have my knowledge in place to comment on this topic...

Cheers!!!

8. spiritualspark3 profile image60

LOL

Now i think comments and questions are over as everyone is done with there proof's and arguements...

Was a fruitful debate with no conclusions at all, just arguements?

I am just 28 years old but i strongly insist "GROW UP" to many who trigger argument. Guys who argue, either prove your point by providing proof's, or stop beating around the bush by bringing same point in different words.

9. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

If no one was banned it was probably a fruitful discussion. smile

I dont think it has to be a right or wrong thing all the time, often like communication ,just the freedom to be able to express an opinion with respect and dignity is sufficent-for now.

Deleted

Ok, I understand where you are coming from now.

No, I think they probably just went to bed ,or goodness knows ,many reasons why people drop off for a few minutes to a few days.

Its all good.

ss3 ,I know I dont know you ,but I feel you will understand this.

Sometimes one person sows ,and another reaps.

I take that to mean ,even though we dont always think someone gets what were are saying a time down the way ,tomorrow or in 5 yrs times ,it may come to fruition, or it may not.

Plant the seed and let the gardener do His thing (In his time)

Let his grace be sufficent smile

i agree to what u say.

i want to march one step further so that i plant, i water it and let anyone else takes flowers from my garden. else neither will i have anyone to gift a rose and for me it would be just a rose cared and nurtured with love, but no one to take it...

The whole point of garden gets beated up then....

God knows your heart,so keep trusting Him, and like his word says 'he will give you the desires of your heart'

I do trust god and his perfect plans and even perfect timings of his plans to be executed whenever he directs...

However, my spiritual master told me, whenever u are not able to help anyone, its the degree u need to improve yourself so that next time it should not be repeated and no fallen soul (atheist) goes without taking the words of god...

Last but not the least he also says that any man ignorant of god and if he meets me and stills remains ignorant, what more sin can i incur for that day?

All glories to his lotus feet and his lotus mouth...

spiritualspark3   

My style is not arguments and debates argument is an angry. I only express angry once in my entire adult life and found it too inefficient. I’m a lover not a fighter. My style is sometime to Challenge, confront all problem, a  fearless type and you could never insults me, if you want freedom and honesty please come to me.

I am a follower of just curios he is one of the few Christian on line that combines a healthy open mind, friendliness, fixable, good imagination, courage and passion. I think we have been learning from each even though we may butt heads once in awhile. What do you say just_ curious would you ban me or can you imagine me banning you. In fact my skin is so thick banning anyone is out of the question,

If you’re within the rules please don’t try to ban anyone. Give us a break, since you are new here, welcome to the hub pages

Sorry for not been within the rules.

My banning just means stoping flow of ideas  from going from one thought's process to influence the good part in it and at the same time also ready for exchange..

I could not see if anyone really thanked anyone else for sharing there knowledge what to speak of concluding.. May i knw from u that what did u conclude from this discussion abt knowledge of creation from anyone else apart from your own knowledge.

I am not the one who plucks flowers from someone's garden, rather i would love to sacrifice my garden to water others.

Will definately keep in mind next time, that "i am new to hubpages", though i am writing from quiet a while in time now...

Cheers for revealing ur heart and ur thoughts!!!

I have taken that post off where it hurted u about my banning part, it could not deliver the right message and hence it should not give anyone other than you a message which is wrong because of me... you guys rock!!!

I have been at odds with my brother who is a pastor; he bent on the whole world must have Jesus salvation to be spiritual. What I have learn a little bit more from these  religious and a decent mix hub pages.

Is gratitude and acceptance making this place ROCK

Cheers for that!!!

10. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Wait......tell me more about your garden?

You want to plant ,water ,tend to your flowers?

What do you mean and have no one steal them?

Well stealing can be self done by lord in form of humans, just because he loved the way i watered the flower and he knows the purpose was to ultimately gift him that flower through his humans accepting as a gift or stealing it away....

Accept every bad thing that comes to you with more wide hands open, as one becomes more pure when his/her ego is  beaten up badly.  Gives a big room  4 improvement. if life was just to accept  nice and sweet words what was the need for god to send his  own son Jesus on earth?

God knows the capability of every individual because we all are part and parcel of him, how cana disgrace or harsh comment ever touch his childrens....

11. alispaisley profile image60
    alispaisleyposted 13 years ago

Yes, I believe.

12. spiritualspark3 profile image60

@earnesthub

From earnesthub:
    How massively arrogant of you to claim I have a lack of knowledge!
    You don't even deserve a reply.

Reply:
    Well i thought it will be knowledge u concentrate more, but i was wrong its your false ego that u believe in more than even ur knowledge.

Do not try  to prove me my arrogance, i know i got more of it.

Just bring  your views, experiments and conclusion if u want to beat the arrogance out of me and make me slave of your knowledge as i am always ready for it.

One thing more for ur information, may be u blocked me in ur profile, i see emails that earnesthub posted to ur reply and then there is no reply.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

zat wot god sed innit yaya?

Little wonder you cause so many warz..................

it would be better if its considered as exchange of knowledge and beating up the atheism theory rather than "little wonder i cause so many warz"

and if u are not brave to fight, please chill with coffee or beer or watever rather than acting as a commentator and even bringing the word war in picture....

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Trust me. You would not speak to me this way face to face. The faceless internet makes you brave. lol

No wonder your religion causes so many wars. sad Like wot Jeebus sed.

@ Mark Knowles

Trust me even if u come with a gun i will speak to u this way only.

and yeah u can kill my body but not the spirit soul in me, which is unborn, eternal, full of knowledge and bliss.

Again i repeat, for a man of wisdom his knowledge is his only power

and just for any man, its power of his body, money, bodyguards, guns, nuclear bombs and watever...

Which city u located by the way, if it happens to be anytime in this life, i would definately come to see you for atleast saying hi and may be even bye.

Is your theme song : religion causes so many warz, spoken in a religious tongue?

@ Mark

Religion causes so many wars, spoken in a religious tongue is a theme song for Mark.

"I am not a Christian, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Sikh or religion follower".

I have read majority of religious scriptures, every scripture claims to believe in there god, to which i disagree. My idea is if every religion says "God is One" lets find out who is that "One" instead of proving  mine one or your one.

Yeah definitely i am up for a war against all athiest or believers of there own thinking or ego, rather than believing in "The Absolute Truth ".

1. earnestshub profile image80
                earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That would be your version of absolute truth.
                To me it is belief in a bunch of old stories full of hate fear and loathing written by a few old goat herders to control weak minded ignorant bronze age people. The problem is that these stories are only enhancements of other gods stories that came long before.
                Men have been using religion to control people since the times of ra.

I do not believe in publishing my versions of  "The Absolute Truth".

if  i do not believe in bunch of old stories then i should also not believe in my gr8 gr8 gr8  gr8 gr8 gr8 grandfather as may be, one of  those days goat herders, one of the major occupation at that time.  Money came and made  world worse. Atleast people were not cheating to the degree they do rite now just for few dollars.

Men controlling people through religion are called politicians or mere pretenders. who asked to follow such religious leaders, better go to those preists who do not want to become controllers as they know " The Absolute Truth" that god is controller of day, night, rains, crops to yield, hurricanes, tsnuami, earthquakes last but not the least God says "Time i am the controller who meets u at death."

Do I understand what you just said?
                    Your god controls natural disasters? lol

spiritualspark3

Is your theme song : 
                I was kidding with Mark repenting religion causes so many warz, and because he messes with words like they were spoken in a religious tongue

You being new, I should have address mark

sorry for any misunderstanding from my side. let me change that post and address it to mark from myside now.... i take my words back for that post, thanks for updating...

3. spiritualspark3 profile image60

@ Castlepaloma,

I appreciate and thank you for the offer to get to know you and anyone else who would be interested.

I am the one, who never wants to argue, however if just one thing goes against beliefs of anyone here they try making a mountain out of a mole, even gives me a reason to break there ego and attitude more and more.

Hope you understand this,
                  Regards,
                  SpiritualSpark3

Being new, you want to talk about everything, it's frustrating for a few us who want to stick to this topic of - Christians: Do you really believe that world is 6k years old only?

Take it light; explore the many topics that interest you and enjoy the wonders of the mix bag of people here on the hub pages.

2. earnestshub profile image80

You made my case for me, thanks for that.

I have never blocked anyone, never felt the need. I certainly wouldn't block you, nothing you have said threatens my beliefs or anyone else for that matter.smile
      Also what has that to do with this thread? Still trying to discredit people instead of simply discussing the points made in the thread I see. smile

I am not here to threaten anyone, i am here to take people my way as i know i have the best happiness,

or i m wholeheartedly open to go there way if they can prove there points right over mine...

Till now whomsoever considered that i am fighting is simply because of lack of knowledge, i must not hesitate in saying this.

I am not discrediting anyone, m just crediting god who deserves all the credit. if ur false ego comes in way making u think i am discrediting anyone, then  u all may discredit me with better proofs.

i am anytime ready  to take all the discredit, and wont hesitate in saying sorry to anyone if   they get a upper hand.

To all  Atheists:
        "Take me your way but with proofs"

I never made your case for you,

I beat'd your theory about Einstein, if you still need some clarifications on this, please take a print out of your case and my clarifications to a neutral guy who doesn't knows you and me. i think he will be able to show you the difference. i know you are in a mode of ignorance, not to worry have seen many cases like you.

13. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 13 years ago

I don't believe that. Simply put, I think it is a misunderstanding of time. There are people who say to God, a human life is but a blink of an eye, so the average is 74 (for men rounded), so six days for God is quite a bit of time. smile

Seriously though, I think it's more of a concept then actual scientific times.

14. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I cant begin to tell you how hateful I find your statements.

The examples you give are nauseating.
    I have owned dogs my whole life including working dogs, but never needed to kick them.
    Your ideas about what your god does to destroy good peoples lives makes me feel ill.
    Your god picks the bad people to kill in an air crash too I suppose?
    I wish your god would get off his but and stop killing innocent children at the rate of thousands a day.

Disgusting set of beliefs, I hope other religious supporters have the intestinal fortitude to disassociate with your post.

Hateful? Atheist has always been full of hatred for god and his powers.

Dogs?  you never kicked them because you never got bitten up badly by them. Even dogs understand to every action there is equal and opposite reaction.

My god? There is no my god or your god or anyone's god its just one god for whomsoever, a believer or a nonbeliever.

God picks bad people, don't  you throw out a rotten apple? May be you eat it and enjoy the taste in it.

You better bring your philosophies and whatever scientific or atheistic powers to fight back and save people when god wants them to suffer.

Hatred? That you have for me is genuine i agree, even i hate your philosophies but not you.

Hate the sin but love the sinner!!!

1. profile image0

"Atheist has always been full of hatred for god"
        How can anybody hate some non-existent being?

"ever got bitten up badly"
        Oh! humans bite gods!!

"God picks bad people, "
        Yes, yes all those children who die young and all those aborted fetuses-terrible sinners!!

"when god wants them to suffer"
        All the while  I was thinking Satan as the 'bad guy'!!

"Hate the sin but love the sinner"
        Then kill the sinner-with love! lol

"God picks bad people, "

lol and who decides who are bad?...and if that is so why war mongers , presidents who killed 0.1 million , dictators , mafia dons still manage to survive and kids die?...

Q."Atheist has always been full of hatred for god"
               How can anybody hate some non-existent being?

A. Is that the reason Atheist love god so much that they start fighting just by his name, try to disgrace him in whatever possible way they can? In reality you do not even believe in gr8 gr8 gr8 gr8 grandfather,  though he is non existing now,  what evidence do u hold when he was alive?

Q."ever got bitten up badly"
               Oh! humans bite gods!!

A. Well humans eat humans and are named cannibals, atheist hate God followers,  humans kill humans in 7/11, humans rule humans, British ruling Indians. Humans murdering, raping, cheating.  Offcourse you are an exception who just loves everyone no matter what, never cheated anyone no matter what, never made any mistake just because you are perfect.

Q."God picks bad people, "
          Yes, yes all those children who die young and all those aborted fetuses-terrible sinners!!

A.  How about abortions, cannibals, terrorists? What guarantee do u have that it was first birth of kid who died young. Dying at an early age is a proof of over filling sins even from past births.  When water is full in a bucket, it has no way other than overflowing.

Q."when god wants them to suffer"
          A. God even gave them a tremendous wealth to enjoy, land for food, oceans for water, fruits to eat, beautiful places to visit, lovely life to live. What do you do  when a guest at your home lives nicely for few days and  after few days they try to destroy your house, your things, mess around with you?  You the great, embrace them and shower all your love on them and ask them to destroy more isn't it? or do you throw them out after few requests?

Q."Hate the sin but love the sinner"
             Then kill the sinner-with love!

A. Kill??? Thinking oneself to be body is an illusion. Why doctors cannot bring life to someone who dies of heart attack? Just transplant a new working heart  and bring life back with working heart, heart was only the problem right?
          Soul has left the body and it cannot be brought back w/o mercy of lord.
          Soul is unborn and eternal it never takes birth it never dies just migrates from one body to another by changing phases of birth and death.

How Intelligent are you.
          Will not be replying any further, you please win in your further comments and be happy.

calm down..

2. profile image0

"Atheist love god so much that they start fighting just by his name, try to disgrace him in whatever possible"
            God can be disgraced?

"not even believe in gr8 gr8 gr8 gr8 grandfather,  though he is non existing now,"
            Believe? Non existent? Got any idea what you are talking about?

"kill humans in 7/11"
            They too were atheists!!

"filling sins even from past births"
            wow! Great idea! past birth? Was that in heaven or hell?

""when god wants them to suffer....ou the great, embrace them and shower all your love on them "
            Oh! God has emotions..silly me!!

"Thinking oneself to be body is an illusion"
            Or is it delusion?

"Will not be replying any further"
            How can I? I want to hear more of this wisdom!

1.How many pure priests did you see fighting? Mother Teresa was just one of them. Fight is provoked by rascals either politicians or pretender of religion.

2. God existed even on earth and he does even today. You have closed your eyes to see him. See him as  vast ocean, see his creativity in beautiful flowers & butterflies,  see him in Mount Everest (highest peak), Time the controller of the world that is lord. Everything is a product of his creation, let it be this computer also. Why don't you create your own  resources rather than picking up his resources from earth?

3. 7/11,  do u think Osama BIn Laden is a pure devotee of lord? Pity your knowledge if you think so. Devotee of lord cannot think of even hurting anyone where comes the question of killing.

4. Past birth was never there? You give me a reason, why some are born poor, some rich , some beautiful and some ugly? God is different to them right? Oh no its big bang theory or may be Darwin's theory or the best bogus theory named what ever.

5. Forget about god you will not understand what fun Christ was having when crucified and still praying for people crucifying him.

6. Obviously it is a delusion for you and illusion for me. By the way, what are your plans after death, haha, leaving behind all that you struggled for, family, home, friends and going where? Who cares for the next life, is this one not sufficient to see all this hatred?  Will that be your reply, oh no u will pick some thing more funny i know.

7. Replying further? Can do it for months if you ready to listen rather than arguing & i know how keen are you to listen. No more time for you, words of wisdom are meant for wise not  for super wise like you. 

Haribol

1. profile image0

"How many pure priests did you see fighting"
                Yes, yes pure! Indeed!

'"God existed even on earth and he does even today. You have closed your eyes to see him. See him as  vast ocean"
                The recent tsunami in Japan proves it.

"7/11,  do u think Osama BIn Laden is a pure devotee of lord"
                No, No Osama ia an atheist!

"You give me a reason"
                Now you ask for reason?

"what fun Christ was having"
                Indeed he prayed "My God, My God! Why Have You Forsaken Me?"

"Obviously it is a delusion for you and illusion for me"
                Do not  the difference between illusion and delusion?

"your plans after death"
                Plans? after death?lol

"wisdom are meant for wise not  for super wise like you."
                After revelation from your god you should be super wise!

or otherwise...

15. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I don't do hate, I will leave that to experts in it.

Haha,

As i said before, every time you think you are funny you just need a mirror.

16. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Cant put my finger on it....but something aint right  hmm

@ Eaglekiwi,

That is okay, you know what, when people cannot prove there points they just pick one thing, make a bigger thing out of it and present it,as a argument raised by other side. Never mind for such tiny minds.

Cheers!!!

Did you consider what it may be that ain't quite right?

Yeah, I definitely considered and that is the reason i asked you to take someone's advice who does not knows you or me.

Now i can understand there is no point in defeating you again and again, not because i want to win or loose, just because you do not want to understand.

May be you are perfect living being and definitely perfect  beings do not follow any advice other than there own.

Mirror please...
          I am done with my knowledge and checked yours as well.
          Have a good day ahead.

Far from defeating anyone, I am yet to see an intelligent reply on any of the points in dispute.
            Despite your amazing confidence, in your English, it is very poor and hard to follow.

@earnestshub

You definitely win, do you doubt it? 

You win, I reward you to be the best hub writer, best mechanic, best atheist, best English speaker, best reasonable, best whatever you want to be.

Now i need to stop else you might  get constipated you look better as super human. Be content now. You are not a kid anymore that you keep on bringing silly things to argue.

Grow up,
              You already in b/w 40-55 i assume.
              Stop celebrating birthday's prepare a bit for death now as may be 20-30 more years.
              Your theories, your cars, your hubs, your arguments, your beloved one's, your home nothing goes with you. At least grab some good knowledge man. Whom you think  you win over once you are dead? Please do not come as demon and try scaring me then. He He

Any further comments from you will be ignored till we catch up in next interesting forum.

Your opinion of me is none of my business. smile

@ Eaglekiwi

Thanks for asking me to take back few of my comments.
        I only few  comments back, few i could not edit or delete  because of time limit.

Some i do not want to take back as they are good where they are.

Appreciated your help,
        Thanks once again.

17. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Christians : Do you really believe that world is 6k years old only?

Maybe they believe that Adam was the first person who received Word of Revelation 6000 years ago.

There was proven arts and cultures 30,000 years ago, how did we miss Adam and Eve and maybe Steve?

The Australian aborigine can be traced back 46,000 years.

Did Australian aborigine make art back 46,000 years ago?

1. profile image0
            Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

they did drawings in caves

2. pisean282311 profile image62

@paar you mean to say that humans till 6k years ago didnt need word of god and were happy and prosperous....as earnest says aussies have 46,000 year old history of human habitat...so till 40k years god's word ws not important so why it needs to be given any weight age now?

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Humans are not off-springs of one Adam; Aussies had different Adam and Eve.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll

paarsurrey

I would like to hear the story about the black Adam and Eve from the land of OZZ , does it go back 46,000 years

1. profile image0
            Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the aborigines were not  separate species - they came from elsewhere (Africa, I think)

2. profile image50
            paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't tell stories; and the issue does not concern religion much; it relates to science .

18. Jen Buczynski profile image61
    Jen Buczynskiposted 13 years ago

Yes, I do. There's no "proof" either way, so I'll believe the same Book that I believe is the Truth on every other subject too.

Jen Buczynski Welcome to the hub pages

Are all your anwsers about the whole World and Universe are in just one book?

19. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Imagine the amount of gas in ark, if all the animals farted at the same time or even do shit. How that ark managed the toilet system for the wild animals ?

1. superwags profile image65
      superwagsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How ironic; turns out the story of noah's ark is both literally and metaphorically full of s**t.

20. a2z-a2z.com profile image61
    a2z-a2z.composted 13 years ago

Hi

I am not quite sure about the creation of the world but to best of my knowledge human being only livid on this world not more than 10,000 years. Its somewhat near to the initial question!

1. profile image0

To the best of your knowledge human beings lived in this world not more than 80 years!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)