Looking Suggestion to Invest in USA Property Market

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)
  1. profile image53
    AhanaRohitposted 13 years ago

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum.

I'm an Indian investor who is looking to enter the US property market now that it appears to be undervalued, with low interest rates but i intend to buy in all cash ( upfront payment)

I would appreciate input on how I can effectively invest directly in property - I would be looking for a properties which can be easily rented in residential real-estate areas such as Philidephia - Chester Spring /Exton and other good area in PA ,Florida, Atlanta, Orlando , Boston etc. etc.

Preferably located near market/station/airports/ beaches etc

Also, if I were to purchase property directly in the USA, where would I be best to look for strong growth potential in the next 5-10 years and steady rental income? Also is it possible as an Australian to finance the investment in the USA?  where should I look for financing if incase i pay around 70% down payment and balance to top it up though this is not a criteria for my investments in USA ?

Any help is greatly appreciated, where I live in India( Mumbai) and have a 10year Tourist Visa to visit USA at any given point apart i also have few people who can take care in my absence if need be to look into the property.In India at the moment property prices are insanely over-inflated and interest rates are floating at around 9.5% to 11%which makes positive gearing impossible, and dampens growth potential. The US appears to be presenting unique opportunities, especially considering the Indian Rupee is floating around 45INR to one USD, these conditions will not last forever!

Thank you

Rohit

1. profile image52
      amylauren1111posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let me start off by saying how very lucky you are to have asked this question.
      Stay away from Florida! It has tanked, yes but it will be a long recovery..Now on the other hand one of the wealthies towns(best schools and commute plus low taxes and tons of people wanting exec. rentals..is Greenwich CT.)  While property prices are down rentals are sky high(like NYC)!  And again taxes are so low and the town offers so much..Many people from all over the world live here or at least come here for a period of time! Happy Hunting..Best zipcode to look in is 06870,06878!

1. lrohner profile image69
        lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha! I don't live far from Greenwich. Yeah, housing prices are down. Instead of costing $2 million for a 2-bedroom house, you can now pick it up for $1.5 million. A one-bedroom, one-bath apartment at Church St. Apartments has been reduced to a measly $529,000. smile

2. profile image53
        AhanaRohitposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hi amy
        regret the delay in replying as i was traveling, thanks for the suggestion it seems Greenwich does look to be a good option as you have mentioned the rental are high and being an invester it would be better apart can you forward more details whether an Indian is allowed to buy the property or if you know any good Property manager / real estate mgr lloking into greenwich properties it would be a great help.

what is the percentage market drop in greenwich as of now from the ealrier market price.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

Land maybe.
    Property no.

There are beautiful homes and buildings just 'sitting' vacant,but  I wouldnt say that equates to a healthy real estate market at all.

The economy is not good, so Id be very careful in buying a house.

Good land is a different story.

3. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

California has lots of major fault lines you might be interested in. smile

4. kmharper profile image60
    kmharperposted 13 years ago

I know Orlando has a thriving short term rental market due to the presence of Disney World. There's an agent there who specializes in short term rentals and deals a lot with overseas buyers. He can help you with currency exchange issues, etc. His name is J.C. Penny (http://propertyforsaleorlandoflorida.com).

Good luck!

1. profile image51
      ClydeBryceposted 12 years ago

Unique social network for real estate agents

A new social network for real estate professional provide a unique way to promote homes for sale and other real estate buying and selling transactions.

RESocialclub.com launched few months ago and have thousands of members from all over the world.

We provide you with tools such as:

Free classifieds, Free forum, Free video submission, Free events promotions, Free chat service, Free polls and free connections with all our members.

Look at our social network now: www.resocialclub.com

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)