850 Amazon Clicks-Sales 0

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Aiden Roberts profile image69
    Aiden Robertsposted 13 years ago

I generally do OK with Amazon but since the Google slap I have had 850 clicks but not one sale?

I know they are different programs but is does seem coincidental. maybe Hubpages are getting all of the sales in their %, who knows.

Hope it picks up soon.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Probably because the vast majority of your traffic is now non-US.

A visitor from the UK may check out an item to read the product specs or customer reviews, but if they decide to buy they will be switching to the UK site and thus not benefiting you financially.

The only market that you have is US and Canada. Amazon.com USED to get lots of Canadian custom, but the exchange rate now dictates that they may as well buy from Amazon.ca. Again, you aren't benefiting from Canadians either - unless they want to buy a product which isn't listed on both .com and .ca - which won't be many.

Hope that helps. Basically, you have to cross your fingers for an increase in US traffic.

Aiden Robertsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Ryan I didn't even think of that, makes sense.

2. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aiden, you are from the UK. Why aren't you an Amazon UK affiliate? You can add that affiliate link to your sales hubs.
      I only learnt how to do that late last year (thanks Susana), and now post-Panda, Amazon UK earns me more than Amazon.com.

Hi IzzyM

I didn't think I could do that, I am a UK affiliate.

Do you mean put a text link to Amazon UK site in a text or link capsule or set the affilaite code to Amazon UK on the affiliate settings?

Maybe you or Susana could let me know.

If you prefer and don't mind you can contact me from my profile page as any help right now will be very much appreciated.

Aiden

1. IzzyM profile image87

Make sure you are signed in (I made that mistake the first time) to Amazon UK. You can do that by signing into your referral page on dot com and choosing UK from the drop down list top right.

Find a page of products, or a product you want to promote.

Top left on Amazon you will see a 'link to this page' sign - (you won't see it if you're not signed  in at the time).

Open that link and an html box will open. Choose text link - you get a choice.

It will ask you to input what you want the text to say. I usually put "UK readers click here for XXX product".

A box underneath the text will have html code. Choose 'highlight this code' and copy it.

Open a new text capsule in HP.

Top left of box is an html button - click on it.
          Another box will open where you can paste in your html code from Amazon.

Then click "clean up html" button at top of box.

Then submit or whatever it says to insert the code.

That's it then...the code goes into the box with your message on top. Click save.

To make it bigger you can highlight and choose heading 2.

Brilliant Izzy, thank you I will get straight on to it.

Thanks Again

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Simple. Traffic from the USA has dropped considerably. No matter how many Indians click on your products, they will not buy from Amazon dot com.

I wouldn't bother adding links to affiliate programs such as Amazon.co.uk that cut hubpages out - I am guessing they will be the next batch of content to need revising. wink

1. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I guessed the same and have removed my amazon.co.uk links. I wasn't making much from them anyway.

2. IzzyM profile image87

Well when that happens I will remove those links, but not until then because the are making me money - not a lot, but some.

How much better it would be if HP could find some way to affiliate Amazon UK to Hubpages. There is a lot of money to be made from there and I don't mind sharing.

3. Aiden Roberts profile image69

Arggh! Now you tell me smile

I have done it now, anyway I will stick with Izzy and watch it over the next couple of weeks.

2. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

I have only made $50 this month with Amazon...huge decline for me. sad Adsense dropped a lot too, but luckily I have my own personal site that earns. I am now trying HP's Ad Program, but need to give it some time before I can comment fully on it. I've used it for two days and thus far, it dropped Adsense even lower yet the new earnings from HP weren't comparable to the loss to make it viable. However, I'll let it run for a month or two to see what I want to do.

3. Aiden Roberts profile image69
    Aiden Robertsposted 13 years ago

The thing that is confusing me is that the clicks are there just no sales?

I am looking forward to trying the Hubpages Ad program but like yourself if it doesn't do aswell as Adsense then seems like a double whammy, I guess time will tell as others report good results.

It's because of the practically non existent google.com (ie: USA) traffic coming to product hubs now. Only US buyers will purchase from your hubs, so you can gets lots of clicks but if they're not from the US you won't get sales.

Really does make sense thank you Susana.

Your welcome smile It's a bummer though, eh? I'm in the same boat sad

I know, I am sure it will resolve itself or the hard work will resolve it!

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Aiden, you're going to get lots of clicks on Amazon, it depends on how well written your hub is that gets them to actually make the purchase. wink

I've received over 1000 clicks so far and no sales, just like you. All it means is that your conversion isn't great, meaning your hub isn't getting them into instinctively buying mode.

You have their interest enough to click, but not follow thru on the sale. Thus, not committing. wink

That's what I was thinking Cagsil but then Ryans and Susana answer made me feel a little better, the hubs were getting sales before the Google slap so maybe the US traffiic point is a good one.

I guess whatever the reason it needs too change soon.

1. profile image0

It probably does still have a little to do with Cagsils post also, I have gone from a 6% conversion rate to a 2.25% conversion rate follow the algo change, so I would still sell an average of 22/23 items per 1000 clicks.

But, I have "sales pages", not sure how you are presenting your capsules, the vast majority of my sales come from sales copy. Generally capsules on non-sales pages convert very poorly, apart from Xmas when everything seems to convert.

Writing a hubpage about soccer and presenting some soccer books may seem like a good idea, but in reality the vast majority of people won't consider buying those books. If you have a hub entitled "best soccer books" you may have a chance, as they are probably looking to buy one before they even hit your hub.

"best", "buy", "cheap", "review", "most effective", "most efficient", "deals", "discount", "designer" those type of buzz words are generally the types that you associate with a sales page. A hub starting with "how to" or "when does" or "famous" is never going to be a strong seller. Hope that helps.

Me and you will also be getting a higher proportion of UK traffic than most hubbers, as we write in British English. A bit of American slang and a few Z's can go a long way with Amazon hubs wink

1. profile image0

Actually, a "how to" hub can convert if you play it right. If your only solution to their query is a product or products.

2. Aiden Roberts profile image69

Thanks Ryan

Excellent points, I do make the distinction when writing the hubs and use some of the "buzz" words, I will give it more time before I change it around.

I like the British English tip but I sometimes forget I am writing for the US, incidently wouldn't it be "you and I" rather than "me and you"; sorry couldn't resist smile

1. profile image0

You and I if you wish squire!

The most important place for those buzz words is the title. Hence the reason you see me writing hubs which begin with "The Best" or "The Cheapest" or "The Top 5" etc etc.

How you write the rest is up to you, but go easy on the negatives, unless you are trying to convince people to visit another hubpage for the "slightly better" or "more advanced" alternative or perhaps suggesting that they "move slightly up range", to a product which coincidently is $10 more expensive wink

I use that tactic a lot, write about a distinctly average product, and say that it "would be sufficient, but..." etc etc.

Great advice and I will definately use it, thank you.

Ah well I think I will watch Chelsea, maybe they will have more luck than I. I hope they keep Torres on the bench, mind you we have spent the £50 million so doesn't really matter.

Bye!

5. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

I have not had a sale in weeks... It is very, very strange. I'm not sure if my Amazon even works, but I thought they said it won't be happening to April.

Remember I'm from Illinois where it is getting banned.

My clicks are showing up, hopefully I'm in a dry-spell. Gotta work on moving to Florida.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Drop me a PM - I may have a solution for you.

1. Mikeydoes profile image43
        Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)