fiverr is AWESOME

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Have you all seen this site? I stumbled across it about a year ago but never went back. Somebody recommended it on here the other day for eBook covers...

Basically, people are selling their services for $5. I have just bought an entire four tier 3000 link pyramid for $5, the first layer of which is anchored text.

I then bought a new logo for my website, Excerptz, I have no idea whether I will like it... but it will be made in Photoshop and I will get a vector and a jpg, but for $5 can you really go wrong?

There's some really great stuff on their too, stunning girls who will hold up a sign with your logo on it whilst wearing a bikini and stuff... I have to be very careful not to spend all my money on here lol

Does anybody offer a service on there? I am a bit wary of some of the SEO listings, a good optimizer won't need to spend their week messing around with $5 jobs.... but it does have a feedback system, which eases that concern a little.

1. tritrain profile image68
      tritrainposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've heard of it, but have never looked into it.

So, you say it's good, eh?  I will check it out!

It does sound promising for getting services done cheaply.  smile

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pretty much anything that you want is on there, I have been sidetracked by a search for the term 'boobs' wink

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
          paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This search text found me ~100 hubs:

boobs -man pics

I'd have visited some of them, but I wasn't in the mood. smile

1. profile image0

I mean a search for 'boobs' on Fiverr wink

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
              paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep, but I’m still on a tear from Edweirdo’s thread. Sorry. smile

PS Feel free to post some fiverr pics here. smile

2. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think fiverr might be more better for buying stuff than selling as I've tried to offer certain services and promote over there under my own name and under a top secret user name and still no buyers.....I may feel different about it later on when I start making lots of $5 sales each and every day.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

And here is a plug.

We have 126 all-about-fiverr hubs here.

3. sunforged profile image72
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

I spent around a month playing with the service and made around $300.

In truth, its a very mixed bag. There are fiverr clones at higher costs that are more worthwhile.

I wouldn't suggest being a provider there and as a buyer you get what you pay for wink

Also, i would caution against "link pyramids" - not because I have anything against them - but for $5 (actually around $3.80 after paypal and fiverr fees) the guy is likely to just do some sort of untargeted automated blast and then figure out if your niche is worth looking into further

1. profile image0

Any links to these superior services would be gratefully recieved wink

Although I was thinking about getting 'Excerptz.com' written on these great big lady lumps:

<snipped adult image>

That has to be worth a fiver right? Unless anybody wants to undercut her lol

1. sunforged profile image72
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

there are some fun video and facebook services that I purchased also.

there is certainly gold in them hills - but there is lots of crap too

4. sunforged profile image72
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

I have a fiverr clone site myself, so I wont be promoting any comp wink

but ill send you a FB message with a list that i sampled.

1. profile image0

OK ace.

5. Mutiny92 profile image63
    Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

I wonder if you get any extra google bump in the rankings for some of those "special" depictions of your website url?

1. profile image0

I think you get a couple of big bumps lol

1. waynet profile image69

And black eyes too lol! smile

1. sunforged profile image72
          sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ever get an email i sent a while back? i used your blogspot contact details

1. waynet profile image69

.....after sifting through many many google alerts...should have simply used the search function...I found your email!

Yes that does sound cool, although will have to peruse the Gchat as I've never used it before or Skype for that matter lol! big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)