How much do you earn in a day with adsense,and how many sites generates it?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (78 posts)
  1. accofranco profile image78
    accofrancoposted 15 years ago

I earn about $0.30 to $0.6 daily and some times nothing at all,and it is three different blogs that i have, hubpages,blogspot and howtodothings,is it okay?Plz share your experience let me learn.Thanks!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

AdSense does not like you to discuss openly how much you make a day.

1. profile image49
      badcompany99posted 15 years agoin reply to this

This young lady is indeedy correct and answering this question can have your membership removed. Adsense are all seeing and miss nothing unlike the damn Manchester City forwards !

1. sunforged profile image72
        sunforgedposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Folks, but you are paranoid,

Dont reveal detailed results

"about your account like the CTR, CPM and income derived via individual ad units or any other confidential information they may reveal to you. However, you may reveal the total money you make as per recent updates to the TOS."(recent in 2005!)

furthermore, do you expect google to track your comment in a forum to your pub-id? get the tin foil hats out

just dont post a screenshot of your account and you will be fine - hell google will prob toss u for some unexplained reason anyway, have fun while u can

1. darkside profile image66
          darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Or you can post a screenshot, just be sure to blur out everything except the revenue column.

accofrancoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I won't even post any again.Enough is enough,i have learnt even though it has jokes in it.Thanks anyway.Haven't heard from u for some century now,i hope all is well with you Darkside?

2. profile image0
        deanstar888posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Not a fellow Machester City follower...the team that tortures its followers like no other !

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh isnt life hard when your sitting at 4th in the table, with one of the worlds richest men at the top giving you money! lol

Try being a Norwich City fan, and then come back and tell me which set of fans is going through torture!

We beat Brentford 1-0 last night in the Johnstones Paint Trophy...... yes, thats right, we are playing a competition to see if we can win a paint pot lol

At least you Man City fans have a little bit of appreciation for the messiah (thats Darren Huckerby down here).

1. nicomp profile image62
            nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Try being 5th.

You Norwichys have a long history of suffering. Get over it.

Hey, that paint pot is worth fighting for, especially if you're 4th at the table.

Darren can't go to his left.

1. profile image0

Were not 4th, Manchester City are fourth..... two divisions above us, in the league that we ourselves spent almost all of two and a half decades!

I dont really understand what you are talking about with regards to Darren Huckerby.... as an American, you really aren't seeing the best Darren Huckerby. He is a Huckerby that is past his best by about 3 years.... he played his best football at Norwich, completely unstoppable for us, he admits this himself...

But he really isnt doing too badly in the MLS, restricted by injuries, but he won 'Newcomer of the year' which cant be all that bad wink

2. accofranco profile image78

O i see? I am very sorry please can i delete this post? Hubpages webmaster please help me to delete it plz?

1. subhasmittra profile image60
        subhasmittraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You do not need to worry as there is no problem in discussing the money you are earning with adsense according to the T&Cs, but if you are displaying a screenshot of your actual earnings along with click-through rates and everything, then your account can be in a  problem.

Enjoy.

2. LVM profile image59
        LVMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now you're in big, big, trouble.

1. Helen Cater profile image60
          Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oooooh call the police I am adsense criminal asking advice as a newbie...quick get the keys and lock me up....Considering most people admit to only having cents I really do not get the secret society thing...else I hav'nt read the rules..AGAIN!!!!!

3. sunforged profile image72
    sunforgedposted 15 years ago

adsense can eat me,

once again someone misunderstanding TOS,

I still wont bother answering the question as it wont help anyone anway, way to many variables.

across 5 developd sites, approx 20 micro sites, 30+ autoblogs

enough to go to nice restaurants...not enough to buy a car

hubpages is not even a factor, but is a great tool to see what topics may deserve a site of their own

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Well, whatever, it's no one's business how much money other's earn. It's rude to ask in my opinion.

1. LondonGirl profile image82
      LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree, it's really bad manners

5. sunforged profile image72

Sure, but such questions are also just "talking shop" ...most of us have earnings outside of just adsense, but truthfully acco, in many ways this is a competition although we can be helpful, the closer you get to the money...the more closed people will be.

There is a whole internet out there, there are plenty of internet marketing forums where people LOVE to talk about these things

go journey around a little and find your answers,

6. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Income is only half of the story.

You see people  saying that they earn 2 gabillion dollars a day from adsense.
    What they DON'T say is that it probably costs them 1.99 gabillion dollars in Adwords fees lol

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm with Eric on this one. Any reasonable sized business costs heaps of time and hard cash.

Please i asked this question out of ignorance please forgive me and you guys should help me tell hubpages team to delete this post.Thank you for opening my eyes,i appreciate!

1. sunforged profile image72
        sunforgedposted 15 years agoin reply to this

open your eyes to what? read the whole freeking thread, nothing wrong with your question.

but why we are a begging for attention, oh dear hubmaster team can i have a cheeseburger?

lmao

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
        Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome, but I think it's too late.
        Google will surely be cancelling your adsense accounts for asking this forbidden question. And I'll certainly ask Hubpages team to cancel your account.
        They will probably get into trouble too because of the question you asked.
        I can't say any more, or my own account will be in danger.
        Good luck. It's too risky for me to post here again.

1. subhasmittra profile image60
          subhasmittraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Eric How are you?

Do you think that it is good to make fun of a person who is new to all this stuff, adsense and hubpages?

You have better explained the person that there is no problem in talking about how much we have earned then why you created another post to just make fun of him. He is not asking for some burgers or something. REMEMBER THE DAY WHEN YOU WERE NEW TO ADSENSE AND HUBPAGES?

I think you are an experienced person and an expert person should help newcomers and not make fun of them.

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
            Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Dear subhasmittra
            Welcome to Hub pages.
            Thank you for your advice on what I should and should not be doing.
            You obviously know nothing of me, or of the reasons I posted why I did.
            Enjoy your time here.

All the same, i still love all hubbers and their corrective, constructive and destructive criticisms, you guys are the ones shaping me here. Thanks all

may God bles you brother, more blessings and knowledge to your brains and may they continue to be enriched with wisdom all day.

2. Mrvoodoo profile image57
          Mrvoodooposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That's brilliant!  I got a proper belly laugh from that one.

3. awsydney profile image60
      awsydneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

2 - 1.99 =  $0.01 gabillion!!! BIG MONEY!! smile

1. nicomp profile image62
        nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

gabig!

7. lindagoffigan profile image57
    lindagoffiganposted 15 years ago

Just like any venture, the time and effort you put in will increase with time.  Write with a purpose and the time factor will kick in and before you know it your earnings may increase.  I do not see a problem with discussing GoogleAdsense, but would like to receive detailed answers about its features such as understanding differences between URL reporting and Custom URL reporting.  Writing techniques can be discussed also and will lead to increased earnings.  Just asking how much is made with Google Adsense is dependant on too many variables.

Thanks, i appreciate your comment, God bless you indeed.

2. LondonGirl profile image82
      LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

One thing you in particular absolutely have to do is stop spamming digg with loads of hubs all at once!

3. nicomp profile image62
      nicompposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, yes and no. It's encouraging to hear that someone else is making money and by inference it's a possible red flag if no one is making money. Assuming that Google doesn't serve ads for free, someone should be profiting from all these ads. If everyone is making 6 cents a day and no one is retiring to Bimini, then the business model is a hamster wheel.

4. lenny brioxy profile image66
      lenny brioxyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

535 hubs....honey if you are not earning a few hundred a month then we are all chasing the wrong holy grail of internet riches....

You are totally passionate though.

8. sunforged profile image72

Damn it, Eric was right, I have already received a stern warning and a cease and desist letter from adsense.

It came registered mail from google!

It said:

"You are not allowed to encourage others to speak freely about adsense or encourage others into understanding Terms Of Service, Terms of Service are intended to be adhered to not to be read, any further activities of this nature may result in termination of your account. Please instruct the user AccoFranco, that we are aware of his revolutionary activities and will be taking strong actions - The Googinator"

Im not sure what this means but Im going into hiding for a little while

-Fight on Brothers!

I love that.have a wonderful day brother, cheers!

1. reggieTull profile image60
        reggieTullposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have not even posted anything yet and got a letter from Google adsense warning me that I should not participate in this banter.  Thanks - this has been interesting morning entertainment.

9. Janet21 profile image80
    Janet21posted 15 years ago

This entire thread is whacked...yet enjoyable. smile

10. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 15 years ago

I think I read one reply that answered the question which makes me wonder why one bothers to ask a question.

11. ajayrjha profile image37
    ajayrjhaposted 15 years ago

mine is less $.70, I don't know why.

12. WeddingConsultant profile image65
    WeddingConsultantposted 15 years ago

Personally, I don't see a problem with posting our adsense earnings. Here are mine from 2008-2009:

http://i44.tinypic.com/aawx9y.jpg

13. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

i am sorry but this is a four month old thread i found and I know it's a little harsh on the poor guy who started it, but there are parts that had me howling with laughter. the best laugh i had today....I know I am mean.

14. fayans profile image63
    fayansposted 14 years ago

Dang! Don't anyone know that sharing how much you've earned from HubPages is a fantastic way of converting the skeptic into a believer?

Success stories here and there (it doesn't matter how much) from fellow hubbers are what the newbies love to read - trust me.

Bad manner? Rude? I don't think so. If you've it, you'll flaunt it. Unless you don't.

PS: I'm averaging $20 a day from Adsense (on several accounts) and the highest click I've ever gotten is $17. That's my story.

Can you make money from HubPages? The answer is obvious.

15. Helen Cater profile image60

fayans how great that is to here so tell me how many clicks on a hub in a month from google...no one else will tell me.

1. fayans profile image63
      fayansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Helen,

It's against Google TOS to discuss how many clicks out of how many impressions. That's the reason why no one is telling it to you openly.

16. LVM profile image59
    LVMposted 14 years ago

Seriously speaking, this is a good question that I myself want some answers, serious, factual answers.

The answer to this question also answers a lot of other questions:
    Is it worth my time hubbing?
    If it is, how much would I expect to earn?
    How many hubs do I need to write?
    What topics should I write about?
    etc.

1. Rynaldos profile image63
      Rynaldosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In my opinion i'd say, the more quality hubs you write, the more you can earn ! That is logic. BUT, dont just write a load of useless hubs expecting to make millions. It all happens in time. Make sure you write usefil, timeless and great quality content, do your SEO and take it from there. I started by making a few cents a day. Today i make an average of $2, $3 and $4 a day ! And that with 11 hubs !

17. lenny brioxy profile image66
    lenny brioxyposted 14 years ago

This is an income tell. 1000 hits convert to a few bucks in revenue....10$ would be a good day.

I guess it's the fate of the starving artist/writer.

Those who make it, make it big, and the rest just keep hoping...or something like that.

I think that someone asking a question about revenue is hoping to hear that at least someone is making good returns on their invested time. Someone other than the host I mean.

Bingo! Everyone is looking for *certainty*.

One of the threads that I'll look forward to @ The Keyword Academy (join if you haven't) is the "Little Victory Thread" where members *flaunt* how much they've earned or if any of their sites hit #1 - just to name a few.....

Thing is, when someone update it with something that sounds like, "wow! my first $100 day" and you're like "dang! what did I do wrong?"

This kind of thread is what every newcomer loves to read. It sorta push them to work harder and as far as hubpages is concerned, write more relevant hubs.

Please allow me to share a little.

Three (3) things you need to make money here (in order of importance)

1. Keyword Research
      2. Link Building
      3. Link Building

I can't stress enough the importance of link building (unless your hub is already at #1) because that's what you really need to do to drive "relevant and ad-clicking" traffic to your hubs.

Until your hubs are in the top 5 in Google ranking for any keyword of your choice, money is just a fantasy.

Notice that I don't mention about creative writing (albeit you need a little knowledge of how to make it *readable*), forum posting, # of fans or hubscore.

Those are the things that should matter less to you so my humblest advice is to stop worrying the wrong things (and spend less time in the forum)

Nuff said!

PS: I don't claim to be an expert and I don't come here often either but that's what I've always wanted to share with the community.

Good luck, my fellow hubbers.

1. profile image31
        564626posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree money is fantasy. If you rank in first page then you will earn some money. Also if you rank on second page too. But some time we get visitors from unknown keywords and clicks too.

Don't know how to earn $100 day. but i want to earn that much money. God how can i earn $100 per day. I will be satisfy with $20 per day too. Right now i am earning less then $1 per day. Should i give up or work more. I think we should work hard and hard.

No you shouldn't work hard. You should work *smart* instead. I'm surprised that you earn less than a dollar a day with your keyword-rich hubs.

I need an idiots guide to nback links please if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Helen

Use the link on my profile that says "Learn how to choose the best keywords for your hub."

18. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Google sprinkles peanuts here n there an keeps us happy lil monkeys smile

19. bangawking000 profile image61
    bangawking000posted 14 years ago

????? . . . . .

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

just kidding wink

20. Janet21 profile image80
    Janet21posted 14 years ago

I am averaging $10/day with Hubpages & 3 blogs.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's impressive - no matter what I do I'm stuck at about 3.33 a day. So every month I just sqeak out a payment.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good for you Nellie.!! I need to revisit your hubs big_smile

1. profile image0
          Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't visit my hubs to learn about adsense! Go check out Janet21 - she is three times ahead of me.

I've tried to do some hubs to get my adsense up this month. I can sell stuff, but I just can't seem to push clicks. Going to have to keep learning.

1. Janet21 profile image80
            Janet21posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That $10/day is not just earned on my hubs, but earned on my hubs and my blogs. I also use my referral link a lot when cross-promoting my hubs on my other pages, so some of the clicks are most likely not even on my hubs.  I have been fortunate to signup a few good hubbers.  smile

21. fayans profile image63
    fayansposted 14 years ago

Now someone is sharing. Keep it coming, folks. We need more success stories. It's a BIG motivator.

The newbies love it. The team @ HubPages loves it when another hubber makes money here.

22. hubAnswers profile image61
    hubAnswersposted 14 years ago

Do all those indian babe hubs people have tons of on here do well with adsense?

1. Janet21 profile image80
      Janet21posted 14 years agoin reply to this

From what I have heard, no.

2. fayans profile image63

The value of US dollar is BIGGER in India than it is here in US. So as far as they are concerned, YES they do well with those hubs.

23. Helen Cater profile image60

ooops

1. profile image0

Yes Helen, that is very very good.

Keep doing what you are doing, imagine what you could be earning with 100 hubs.

In my last two days I earnt about £4.70 and that is with 68 hubs! And that is a good two days for me!

Be prepared for a lot of ups and downs, I still get days where I make 8p or 15p etc..... and with 9 hubs, you will too...

2. BristolBoy profile image62
      BristolBoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is very good indeed.  More than I have made in the last two days with my hubs anyway!

24. Helen Cater profile image60

Do you have to pay for adwords...I have been getting mine from where Ryan told me is it legal or am I doing something else wrong.

1. profile image0

Hey?? No you have been using the google keyword tool... those people that buy google ads, the ones that earn you money, are buying adwords. You earn a slice of what they pay.

see ryan something else you have tought me..i think your new job should be renting yourself out for advice on HP...so how much do I owe you now.

1. profile image0

Just look after me when your a millionaire Helen lol

How you know I'm not one already???/

25. Rynaldos profile image63
    Rynaldosposted 14 years ago

I work very hard when it to SEO and traffic. Despite the fact that i have 11 hubs only, i make an average of $2 - $3 a day. some days more though ! When i started a month ago, it was between $0.50 and $0.70

26. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 14 years ago

I have just really been working on getting hubs up and getting content aging here. I've been in very much of a writing mood and I don't feel that very often so I decided to skip out on the SEO for a while, although I have been doing some minimal SEO on some of my articles here.

Right now I'm bringing in about $2 a day. Coming up here soon, I'll be releasing several articles at once and then will be working on SEO so I plan on seeing a positive change from that. Hopefully by the end of the year I will see myself on the track of $10 a day. That's not a lot, but hey, baby steps... then I can work on the bigger bucks after that, right?

That's just with hubpages anyway, I own several niche sites that I bring a tidy income from.

1. Rynaldos profile image63
      Rynaldosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you and have the same in mind !

27. Helen Cater profile image60

So my average is just over $2 per day and thats after three days. All the earnings are from one of my hubs. The rest are useless I think, so that has given me a drive. If I can do this with one hub in 3 days think what we could all do. It's there for the taking, and all my study may well have paid off. We will see as I just tried to replicate on my newest one.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)