Some of you have asked me...

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (58 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

to let you know when I'm having my bone marrow biopsy and marrow aspiration. It's tomorrow - Thursday. I won't know what time I go in until after 2 pm today. I met with anesthesia yesterday at the hospital where the procedure will be done. If you don't see me here for a few days, it's because I'm too sore to sit in my puter chair - I have large, dense bones. My brother said he's going to loan the surgeon one of his diamond-tip drill bits. If my pelvis is like my brother's, they'll need it. When he had an MRI, the staff told him his was the largest, thickest pelvis they'd EVER seen! lol

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All the best, Habee.  We'll fill the atmosphere with whatever positivity suits your needs.  smile  Take care, do what they tell you, and rest well!

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Motown, I might have hubby read the forums aloud to me for entertainment! lol

1. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awesome, habee!  I'd recommend the religion and politics forums if you're going for laughs.  wink  Although, I'm sure they'll all be fun.  Be good, and take care!

2. lakeerieartists profile image64
      lakeerieartistsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  Good luck Habee.  Hope it goes well.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Positive thoughts for positive results Habee. I hope you are not away for too long, otherwise, the Hubpages forum going without at least one descent person, could wreak havoc...so get plenty of rest and relaxation and hurry back. smile

1. habee profile image92

Lol, Ray. Hold down the fort!

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol smile

3. Journey * profile image67
    Journey *posted 13 years ago

Take the time to rest and feel better soon!

1. habee profile image92

Many thanks, Journey!

4. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

Wow I wish you luck with your surgery and recovery!! You have the right attitude for a fast recovery and I know you'll be just fine!!! Kick some ass girl!

1. habee profile image92

Optimus, I figure a good attitude can only help.

5. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

Best wishes habee.

1. habee profile image92

Thanks, Nelle. Save a few Amazon sales for me!

6. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Take Care, Habee.

1. habee profile image92

Thank you, Skyfire.

7. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Prayers and good wishes to you Habee, Take care ((((hugs)))

1. habee profile image92

Hugs back, Sofs, my friend!

Lynne and PB, I appreciate that!

8. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 13 years ago

Positive thoughts coming your way! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

9. Pandoras Box profile image59
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Hoping all goes well.

10. dingdondingdon profile image60
    dingdondingdonposted 13 years ago

Best wishes! I hope everything goes well. smile Please keep us updated!

11. europewalker profile image81
    europewalkerposted 13 years ago

Wishing you the very best.

12. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 13 years ago

Best wishes - hope all goes well, and looking forward to reading your hub on diamond-tip drill bits.

13. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/3591101.jpg

14. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years ago

You remain on the prayer list for full recovery and peace. All the best to you and your family this week!

Patty

15. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

Hi Habee,
    My prayer and wishes for a swift recovery. Hop to see you back soon and God Bless.

16. ProCW profile image79
    ProCWposted 13 years ago

Best wishes, habee. See ya back here, soon.

17. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Hope all goes well, Habee. We'll be thinking of you.

1. habee profile image92

Irohner, I'll be thinking about you guys, too. I'm sure my fingers will be itching to get back to work!

18. theherbivorehippi profile image65
    theherbivorehippiposted 13 years ago

Oh  my gosh...take care!  It's a good thing you have a couple Great Danes there to take care of things around the house for you! hehe smile

1. habee profile image92

Herbi, where ya been?? Great so see you! Johnny is going to get nurse's caps for the dogs. I'm sure they won't leave my side.

19. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Dear Habee,
    You are brave and strong and have a great sense of humor!
    These traits -- and lots of love and prayers -- will guide you through anything!

I will be thinking special thoughts of you.
    Nineteen years ago tomorrow, 3/24/92, I gave birth to my only child. Both the intense pain and the joyous outcome are still vivid in my psyche. I'll be focusing on a positive outcome for you.

Sending happy recovery thoughts your way.
    Come back to HP as soon as you're up to it.
    MM

1. habee profile image92

Awwww....what a sweet post, MM!

20. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

All the best, Habee - Hope that everything goes smoothly and we see you soon. smile

We will try to stop Randy from getting up to too much mischief in your absence!

1. habee profile image92

Good luck with that, Sufi! Randy stopped by my house today. He was in a good mood - must have run over a couple of small kids or old ladies on his way over! lol

21. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Hope everything goes well habee!

22. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

All the very best Habee. May your marra come forth with ease and your ass remain free from the need to sit down very very carefully ... good luck smile

23. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 13 years ago

Wishing you well Habee!

24. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

Sending positive thoughts your way, Habee! May the procedure be as easy as possible, and may your recovery be very fast!

25. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

Well I hope everything goes well Habee. I was just about to take off, until I noticed your thread. I'm sorry to hear about your condition, and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

26. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

My thoughts are with you today.

27. Money Glitch profile image63
    Money Glitchposted 13 years ago

Habee, I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers to Georgia tomorrow. Take care and will be glad to hear from you again, when all is well. smile

1. habee profile image92

Thanks. I think GA is full of prayers. YAY!!

28. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 13 years ago

All the best to you, girl. You rock!

1. habee profile image92

Sherri, I probably won't be "rocking" for a few days. lol

Lisa, your kind thoughts are much appreciated!

29. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Hope it goes well, Habee.  Procedures aren't the most pleasant thing (needless to say) - even when they go well.  Hope it's as UN-unpleasant as possible.

30. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Dingdong and Europe, thanks for the kind words.

Simey, hubby is pretty sure a carbon tip will be sufficient. He said if they had to drill through my skull, however...

31. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Rebekah, the flowers smell wonderful! lol

Patty, I love the power of prayer!

32. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Sir C and ProC, I'm sure I won't be absent for long. I'm a hard dog to keep under the porch.

33. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Habee, I just saw this.  I'm praying for a smooth procedure for you.  I know everything will be fine.

34. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Muchos thankos, Maita and Froggie! Bet you didn't know I could speak Spanish, huh?

35. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Thanks, Ms!

Leah, this surgeon is supposed to be really good.

36. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Lake Erie and Steven, thanks for stopping by to add your good wishes!

UW, thanks for that. BTW, I've always wondered...how come you weren't "invited"?? lol

37. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Best wishes!

38. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

FK, I accept all prayers. Thanks!

Thanks, Ryan! I like good wishes, too!

39. GmaGoldie profile image80
    GmaGoldieposted 13 years ago

You and your family are in our prayers.

God bless!

40. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

I wish you all the best Habee and i pray it all works out fine.
    God protect you and bless you.
    Goodluck.

41. Sweetsusieg profile image75
    Sweetsusiegposted 13 years ago

Best wishes to you habee!!  You're a strong woman, things will go well for you!! I have confidence in you!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)