The Tyranny Of The Minority Dems On The Run

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (35 posts)
  1. lady_love158 profile image59
    lady_love158posted 13 years ago

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/03/ … minor.html

So this is how the democrats want to govern by running away to hide rather than do their job! Is this proper behaviour for elected officials? What if both parties do this? Nothing will ever get done! This is the character of the left, cowards, little children throwing a tantrum!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't believe they got all of them to agree with this action.  Apparently they had no one to stand up and make an eloquent and passionate defense of their opposing position.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If this was true, you would be the world's foremost leftist.  Your daily tantrums and vitriol infest these pages like a rat colony. You applaud when Republicans are in the minority and resort to every trick in the book to stop legislation from even being voted on, yet call it cowardly when the Democrats fight for the middle class against your billionaire Svengalis.

Your hypocrisy and hatred toward this great country are well documented in these forums.

lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why thank you Ron! At least the republicans play by the rules. They stick around and do their jobs they don't run away.
        I love this country by the way even if its invested with liberals that seek to destroy her. Liberals like you that more often than not have nothing useful to contribute to discourse other than abide and sarcastic statements. No wonder, liberals never seem to be able to support their oppressive ideas when they have to explain them truthfully.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just more nonsense scooped from your cesspool of fear and ignorance.  Do you think your constant redefinition of terms makes for a valid argument? 

"I admire John McCain, thank him for his sacrifice, but he's an idiot"

"I love this country even if its (invested? I don't know what the hell you mean by that) with liberals..."

"Liberals like you..."  (do you have the foggiest notion of what a liberal is?)

Please keep posting.  Your public displays of the ignorance and self-loathing of Republicans is as helpful to America as the quotable rantings of Bachman and Palin.  The more you spew, the stronger the other side gets.

2. AnnCee profile image67
        AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gosh and I was banned for asking someone if he checked for news behind his eyelids.

Lol! Liberals gate it when you tell the truth about their evil agenda! Yeah they're compassionate and care about others!! Lol That sure is on display here!

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
            Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you avoiding my question, LaLo?  lollol  Bok Bok Bok!

2. John Holden profile image60
          John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ann Cee, you and I disagree on most things, we might even get a bit heated about it, but we deal with it without having to run to teacher because we are lost!

I got banned for three days for calling somebody a git, which in the UK is an almost affectionate term of abuse.I would like to think that the person I addressed as such was big enough to take it as it was meant and can only conclude that it was reported by a troll.

It's sad when adults have to moderate their language to appease trolls!

Frankly, if you asked me if I'd checked behind my eye balls for news, the last thing I'd be is offended, amused, yes, puzzled, maybe, but offended, never.

1. AnnCee profile image67

Yep, all this supposed sensitivity is quite irksome.

Must walk on eggshells for the small among us. 

I doubt the offense was at the dig but rather at my point of view.

I think a little ribbing adds spice and humor to the conversation.

3. Randy Godwin profile image59

Do you work for the Republican or Tea party, LaLo?  Or get paid by someone to put this junk on here everyday?  I've asked you this before and you avoided answering.  It makes a difference, you know.  What's it gonna be?  smile

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is hard not to wonder hmm

All over the internet, all over the message boards and forums the same old chestnut when liberals don't have an answer or an argument. 

"You're paid to do this."   

What?  Paid to needle a few liberals addicted to a message board? 

Oooh now that's heavy black ops.  http://www.talkjesus.com/images/smilies/animated-smilies/suspicious.gif

So you think it's wrong to ask if someone is being paid to spread propaganda under the guise of patriotism?  What about you, Ann Cee?  Do you post here out of your concern for our country, or do YOU get compensated in any manner for doing so?  If not, I have no problem with you posting your opinion.  smile

But LaLo has purposely avoided answering a straight forward question several times now.  Any reason you can think of why she would do so?

I consider your question a deflection from addressing the issues that are raised by conservatives,questions which are being raised elsewhere in the media usually.

It is your way of saying, "Shut up." 

Do you think your voice has power on the internet?  Do you think you influence people?  Do you think you sway public opinion?

I don't think I do.  I read the news and respond to the news with my comments.  For fun and for an interactive way to deal with the stresses of knowing our country is in the hands of  men and women I wouldn't trust in my personal business.

And your answer is a way of deflecting from the importance of my last question.  As I said, I wish to hear from truly honest citizens as to what their ideas are of the way our country should be run, but not from paid political propagandists.  No matter which party they are pimping for!  smile  Answer the question, please.

Actually I have answered that question perhaps you missed it. But just like some keep admin Obama for his birth certificate there are a number here that continue to espouse ridiculous conspiracy theories regarding the purpose of my posts. Like Obama I will not continue to answer the same stupid questions.

No problem, please show me the thread where you posted your answer if it's too much trouble to repeat it here.  I would really like to see it and clear up the "conspiracy" you refer to.  smile

2. Jim Hunter profile image60
              Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gee Randy, do you think everyone should have to answer you?

Are you the Grand Inquisitor?

1. DTR0005 profile image60
                DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

And Jim, if you or I were a "cheerleader" for the Obama camp posting 6-7 praises of Obama per day, people would likely think you and I were either insane or being paid by someone to do so... In fact, no one in the "liberal camp" on here spends as much time either praising Obama or criticizing the Republicans as Lady Love spends trolling the internet for negative articles about Democrats, etc. Why is it such a stretch to believe that someone like Lady Love who devotes likely a quarter of her day to posting negative, anti-Obama rhetoric isn't on someone's payroll? It's either that or she has two bare wire touching....

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

Have to?  No, of course not Jim!  Are you not curious about whether a person is being honest about their opinions or if they are merely being paid to spread a message?  Is discussing politics with a common citizen the same as with a paid pundit?   Wow!  No wonder you are so confused, Jim!  lol  Are you truly a fan of LaLo's daily rants?

2. DTR0005 profile image60

I have asked the same thing - never gotten a clear response.

Since she doesn't deny it,  I think it's safe to assume she does work for a political party.  Why else would she humiliate herself so often with these pathetic threads?  I don't really care though, because it shows their desperation by hiring such ineffective propagandists.  smile

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are they still hiding?
      What a crock!
      Guess the Democrats don't mind paying them to do nothing except be political activists.  It figures, since the highest paid political activist is in the White House already.

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

I think it took a lot of guts to stand up to the powers. You see how Walker used them! To lock people out of the State House, and to throw a state rep to the ground!
    Tyranny? yeah--on Walker's part!

We all have to stand up for the average citizen against these assaults from Republicorp.

Guts?  Its guts to stand up speak out and vote its not guts to reject the results of an election run away and avoid doing your job. Imagine if this happened in congress?

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it took guts, knowing the politcal slandering and bashing they would take at the feet of Fox and Hate-Talk radio.
        Also, knowing the depths of Walker's tactics...cutting staff pay, threatening jail time, locking people out of their state house, etc.
        Funny, all the Senate Republicans had to do was send a paige down to the floor with a note saying, "I filibuster".
        Same Result.

3. lovemychris profile image76

Here's a good example of the way they differ. It's from an article by Robert Borsage.

Here's what Van Jones said about the Tea-Party:
    "We have to understand. We have other patriots who love our country who have other ideas about how to solve our problems... We're patriots; they're patriots too."

Here's what Breitbart said about Van Jones:
    "labeling Van a "punk," "human toxin," and a " cockroach" in the course of a brief interview."

Sounds about like the discourse here. It starts with "you liberals are pieces of human excrement."
    So, how are you supposed to respond to that?

The things they say about Oabma are worse....and go back as far as I can, I do not remember ever hearing anyone say Bush hated America and was anti-American.

Keep in mind, Ailes was a student of the man who poisoned political discourse, and regretted it on his death bed (can't think of his name...worked on HW Bush presidential campaign- Willy Horton add)

I mean, it's almost comical. They say these outrageous hateful things and when you answer them back, they scream How dare you!

It's a ploy learned at the feet of the poison-master.
    Win Win Win at all cost.

1. Jim Hunter profile image60
      Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Here's what Van Jones said about the Tea-Party:
      "We have to understand. We have other patriots who love our country who have other ideas about how to solve our problems... We're patriots; they're patriots too."

Unfortunately Van Jones is wrong, democrats don't love this country.

They love Europe.

I am guessing you haven't been further than Canada Jimbo.

4. lovemychris profile image76

Besides, he published the union-busting law even though a judge ordered it unconstitutional.

So, what are you gonna say about that? Impeach him? You kind of have to, don't you? Given all the hoopla surrounding Obama and Libya.

5. Hugh Williamson profile image75
    Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years ago

"So this is how the democrats want to govern by running away to hide rather than do their job! Is this proper behaviour for elected officials? What if both parties do this? Nothing will ever get done! This is the character of the left, cowards, little children throwing a tantrum!"

Lets see...what has the GOP House majority accomplished?

Negotiated an extension of the Bush tax cuts for the rich.

Passed The “No Taxpayer Funding For Abortion” Act.

Pushed through legislation that eliminates taxpayer funds for NPR.

Held hearings about radicalization within the American Muslim community.

Introduced the "English Language Unity Act," which would declare English as the official language of the U.S.

Approved a GOP resolution reaffirming the motto of the United States as "In God We Trust"

No reformed immigration policy. No specifics given for comprehensive debt reform. No platform for ending Middle East entanglement. We would like details -- step-by-step plans with dollar amounts and timeframes.

We changed the balance of the House, and most people were expecting more than political rhetoric and sniping.

And no jobs - that was the big one.. Remember Boehner - "The first day of the new congress will be about JOBS!"

Well I guess abortion and NPR funding are all about jobs!

Lol! Right the left wants instant results from the republicans in the house while they still have the senate and the White House oh and the media ... yet they STILL blame Bush for where we are now in spite of two years and trillions in spending implementing their failed policies! What a joke!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)