Trump Refuses to Back Down Over Obama's 'Very Strange' Birth

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (118 posts)
  1. OLYHOOCH profile image60
    OLYHOOCHposted 13 years ago

Read more on Newsmax.com: Trump Refuses to Back Down Over Obama's 'Very Strange' Birth

GO DONALD, GO DONALD, GO DONALD. GET-ER-DONE, ONCE AND FOR ALL.

OLY
    www.newsmax.com

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good for him.
      I just wanna know why Trump didn't speak out about this from the start?

OLYHOOCHposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Timing is very important. Now, I don't look for Trump to be President, but, I do think he will get this issue over and done with.

as far as 2012, your guess is as good as mine.

OLY

1. profile image0

You're right, timing matters, and money matters too....

I saw Trump on The View sayin' Obama should reveal the certificate.  Of course Whoopi Goldberg was hopping mad, even started to suggest Trump's a racist.  But she (barely) kept herself in check, didn't even walk out on him.  Reckin his money and stature even made her shut her mouth, and that's quite an accomplishment.

I saw the same show. I was busting a gut.

OLY

2. wbfree profile image61
            wbfreeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What! I'm shocked. Someone actually was successful at getting Whoppi Goldberg to shut her mouth? LOL. What about the Joy Baher woman. Now, that is perhaps the biggest & loudest mouthed woman ever.

Anyway. It is very strange that for the so-called "first black" president, that not one nurse, or doctor have come forward and boasted that they knew him as a baby, or that they worked at the hospital when he was born, etc.

Wouldn't the doctor who delivered the "first black president" be all over the news. Wouldn't he/she have written at least one book by now?

Very strange indeed. The truth will eventually come out, one fine day.

1. BillyDRitchie profile image60
              BillyDRitchieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, now to be fair, my ex wife is a labor and delivery nurse and has been for over 22 years.....to expect these people to remember every baby born under their care is a bit extreme.  Not to mention the fact that the doctors and nurses who delivered Obama are either a) Very old or b) taking the eternal celestial dirt nap right now and can be of no use to us anyway.

I'd be more curious about the claims that no one in Hawaii remembers Obama from pre-school or grade school.....

2. DTR0005 profile image60
        DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Brenda,
        Trump's an atheist. Are you going to adjust your standards? lolll

1. profile image0

Are you saying Trump's questions as an American citizen aren't credible if he's an atheist?  Hmm.....did you pull that up from your consciousness or from your conscience, I wonder?.....

1. DTR0005 profile image60

Oh his questions are very credible.. if you wear a tinfoil hat. But the point was this: you have said repeatedly that this is a "Christian" nation founded on "Christian principles," etc. And you have not only questioned Obama's right to be president but his "true faith" on many forums posts bascially accusing him of being what you refer to as "un-Christian" which it typically code language from the looney fringe, in this case, for an Islamist. And though asked many times whether a Jew is fit to be president because a Jew would not be Christian, you have dodged the question. So the question was and still is: how does Trump being  an atheist affect whether you would vote for him? Or is just being a Republican good enough? I mean the question was pretty simple - are you going to adjust your standards in considering Trump as "worthy" because he is not a "good Christian" but apparently a "good Republican?" To spell it ouf simply Brenda, I am trying to see how hyprocritical you really are.

And rest assured, I sleep well at night - my conscience is squeaky clean. While I am guilty of many things, being a hypocrit is not one of them... I don't hold others to standards I fail to hold myself to.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image73
              Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"you have said repeatedly that this is a "Christian" nation founded on "Christian principles,""
              And it always makes me laugh, every time. I swear, the "Christian Nation" crowd claims to revere the founders, but doesn't seem to care about the fact that they deliberately founded a secular government.

"So the question was and still is: how does Trump being  an atheist affect whether you would vote for him? Or is just being a Republican good enough?"

You're overlooking what I suspect is the most important difference between Trump and Obama (at least, the most important difference to the radical right).

2. profile image0

Well well.
              To "spell it out simply", per your oh-so-tolerant-and-civil terms,  I've decided to just let you wonder about all that yourself.

Maybe you can catch me at a later time when I'm more tolerant of explaining my views to someone who's simply "trying to see how hypocritical" I "really am".    Who knows?  It can happen.  You do get a couple points in my estimation for actually coming right out and telling me what your intent is!  lol

I wouldn't have expected a less clear answer from you...

2. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oly, there were published reports in two newspapers concerning Obama's birth in Hawaii. That is all the proof necessary.

NO, Hawaii, LOST them, remember. First it was, Yes we have it. Then it was, Well, now we lost them.

I have every copy of all the BC, they say are real. Not.

Just lets see how far The Donald runs with this.

OLY

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
          Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What really got me suspicious was that Hawaii's own governor was trying to settle the rumors once and for all and produce the authentic certificate but was told that they couldn't find it in the archives so he basically just said that he wasn't allowed to produce it because it's against the state law.

2. DannyMaio profile image59
        DannyMaioposted 13 years agoin reply to this

again 2 line BS! he couldnt register with that for little league! let alone get a drivers licence or passport.

1. lovemychris profile image75
          lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And yet, he becomes president of the United States....

1. Greek One profile image63
            Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wait until the Libyans find out Ghadafi was REALLY born in Jordon..  they will finally a reason to get rid of him!

2. John Holden profile image61
          John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know, you've told us a million times already lol

By the way, I asked Oly this and he seemed unable to answer, perhaps you would like to; who are Obama's co-conspirators? You must admit that it would be impossible for one man to hood-wink a nation as mighty as the US.

Oh, I don't know, the left accuses George Bush of having done it all the time....

1. John Holden profile image61
              John Holdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. profile image0

That they do!

2. Greek One profile image63

the majority of American voters

3. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is another great foray into the nothingness of issues.  The pricipled Donald Trump rides on his white steed to get to the bottom of this non issue to prove what?  That there are no issues more important to debate Obama on.

If the Republicans want to take on Obama they should concentrate on the campaign issues and what contrary actions he has taken like the closing of Guantanomo, or the withdrawal of troops completely in Iraq, or maybe the losing efforts in Afghanistan, or maybe the bailouts of wall street without any prosecutions, or the trials of terrorists in the US court system, or etc....................

The nothingness of the issue perpetrated by Trump and other birthers is just sour grapes and will do nothing to help anybody in this country.  Wake up and see the tactics.  This is only an incendiary ploy to divert his real point is that he is irrelevant and has no new points to make..

1. profile image0

The original question of Obama's eligibility isn't sour grapes; it's the American people asking a legitimate question.  But as for this new round of it by Trump, I am thinking the whole thing of Donald Trump coming into this debate might be just a ploy.   A diversion.   The Left has used those tactics since before Obama got the Nomination.   I dunno if Trump's sincere or not, but he seems to have done quite an about-face over the years.   But whether he's sincere or not, he has provided just what I said----a diversion for the American people to get caught up in, while the progressive machinery that put Obama in Office is still turning its wheels, gearing up for the next onslaught of liberalism to perpetuate upon America.  Goal, I'm sure, to find and delete the power of the Right.   The missing Democrats in Congress are part of that.  They've taken a stand that they know isn't right, yet they got the Unions to attack the Republican part of Congress, calling for a "recall" of them.   I'd almost be willing to bet those Dems are sitting on their couches somewhere laughing at the chaos they've managed to perpetuate.   Just as Obama's laughing at the chaos he has created from the top down.

hold on.. Trump is the Democrats' idea???

1. profile image0

I dunno if he's the Democrats' idea or not.   What I'm saying is that he's thrown a cog in the wheels of the new-found American resolve of replacing Obama with someone who's unquestionably patriotic and able to restore us to pre-Obama tradition.  And Trump has surely known all along, just like everyone else, what Obama's like.  So why is he now, at this late date, making National news over this?  Is it just because he may make a bid for the Presidency himself?  Or did he just pick the right time, when Obama's popularity is low and people might be apt to question Obama?  No matter what, I think there has to be a better Candidate.  Yet Trump's name by itself carries a lot of weight.

1. dingdondingdon profile image59
              dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can we all just join together in a shudder at the thought of Donald Trump as our President.

1. profile image0

I don't know.  That's the point.  I don't even know what policies Trump will try to put in play or where he stands on social issues or anything.

You mean there is a chance you might even consider voting for Obama over Trump theoretically???

http://www.stressbank.com/forum/images/rushmore-trump3.jpg

Let's start the carving!!!

1. profile image0

Ha!   No, not even in theory!  I know I won't vote for Obama, unless he actually has a real change of heart on....everything!  And I doubt I'd vote for Trump.
                    America doesn't need just another politician.  We need a strong, decent leader, a Statesman, who doesn't twist the Constitution nor instigate unrest both here and all over the world, someone who will focus on the USA for once instead of trying to be a global king.

2. rhamson profile image70

Brenda there is no limit to the chaos that has been created by this issue. Whether one wishes to point a finger at the left to defend the onslaught of crap comming back at the right for the issue there is no point to any of it other than a he said she said argument.

I merely wish to see the right concentrate on some ideas that have some definite solutions to our problems in this country rather than the high school cliquish tactics they now employ to fight the good fight.  The Republican congress is in power now but has an opportunity to offer up some solutions while defeating any progressive onslaught from taking hold.  We the voters made sure of it.

The latest fight is the mortgage brokerage rates that will be regulated to put big banks at an advantage over the brokerages.  I am concerned that we are still arguing over the birthing debate and not more important issues such as this.

Well, their other important issues are:
            Further taking away abortion rights,
            De-funding NPR,
            Ending the right to collectively bargain,
            and bringing up the DADT issue again.

Frankly, I hope they take up the birth certificate issue in the House....it will stop them from taking away more of our hard-won rights.

But, I would like to know:

Mr. Boehner, you got your tax-cuts, now WHERE ARE THE JOBS?

2. BillyDRitchie profile image60
    BillyDRitchieposted 13 years ago

I'm not a birther, I believe Obama was born in the US (I feel like I always have to say that), but I do not understand why he doesn't just produce the BC and be done with it.

Usually when people won't produce documentation, it's because they have something to hide.  Obama is solely responsible for whether this fire continues to get stoked or is decidedly put out.

"but I do not understand why he doesn't just produce the BC and be done with it."

You don't understand why he doesn't because he has. It's out there. This whole debate is a stupid and pointless waste of time, because the only people still thinking there might be something wrong with Obama's birth certificate are people who are willfully ignoring the fact that his birth certificate has been produced. You can't prove anything to the willfully ignorant.

1. wbfree profile image61

That is NOT a birth certificate. It had no time of birth, no foot prints, baby's weight, no doctor's signature, etc.

Who was the doctor that delivered him?

This man is hiding something. The truth will come out one way or the other.

1. bgamall profile image68
          bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wrong. There are two reports in two newspapers announcing Obama's birth. That is proof.

LOL! LOL! Nice try there, but no cigar! Anyone can put a public announcement of birth in a newspaper. His white grandparents could've had those announcements placed in the paper. Big deal.

All it proves is that he was born. Haha! we know that.

Maybe a couple of public announcements in the newspaper and that phony "certificate of live birth" is enough proof for you, but it's not for me and a growing number of Americans. This issue is not going away.

You are correct - anyone can put an announcement, a birth announcement, in a newspaper. Now any sane person would ask himself the following: In 1962, what would have been Obama's grandparents or the hospital's motives to publish two false birth announcements in two idependent newspapers? I was not born in Hawaii, but my state does the same thing as far as "birth certificates" go. I don't have my original either, but I do have documentation just like Obama's and news clippings - just like Obama's. I mean seriously - people falsify many things, but birth announcements from almost 50 years ago are not one of them.

If you buy into this theory, then you buy into the idea that this whole thing was some "planned conspiracy" since his birth. Somehow his parents and grandparents knew that a mixed kid from Hawaii would someday become president.

Obama's mom had no American passport when he was born. So if he was born in, say Africa, how did she get there without a passport  issued by the US State Department or a visa issued by whatever country he was magically born in? Did she stow away on the plane, did she stow away on a cargo ship? Didn't anyone notice an 18 year- old woman nine months pregnant without a passport? I mean seriously - this "evidence" wouldn't hold up in small claims court. And this is why liberals refer to "birthers" as the "tinfoil hat" crowd. Come on!

Don't like the guy, vote him out of office in 2012. Write all the vile sh1t you want about him - that's all fair game, but for God's sake, give up this birth certificate crap - it makes you and your kind look ignorant.

Hillary Clinton comes from a pretty powerful political background. Do you seriously believe that when candidates are running for the nomination to be president that their opponents, on both sides, don't seriously look into their background?

Wow. You sure do assume a lot. I never said anything about that. I said NOTHING about conspiracy. 

ANY proud grandparent would put an announcement in the paper simply just because. Don't forget their daughter was UNDER-AGE. 

You should stop adding to people's opinion, or throwing up "straw men" to give youself an excuse to make it seem as if they said something they didn't.

Maybe a couple of public announcements in the newspaper and that phony "certificate of live birth" is enough proof for you, but it's not for me and a growing number of Americans. This issue is not going away.

Your quote. Who's adding the straw man. What you said if that a couple of public announcement and a phony certificate of live birth is proof for some, but it is not to a growing number of Americans.

Man, I don't know how I "twisted" what you said - it's your own words.

again a false 2 liner! anyone can put a birth in the paper and the address was the granparents! that is proof. who was the doctor? where is his signature? again if you brought that to get a passport they would turn you down!

2. Jeff Berndt profile image73

You're posts show that you are deliberately, tenaciously, and willfully ignorant.
          You ignore facts that show the world is different from your view of it.

3. rhamson profile image70

@wbfree

My son was born in Hawaii and Obamas birth certificate reads the same as his.  The State of Hawaii has endorsed the birth certificate and that should be enough. 

With the type of hysteria that is exhibited by the birthers it is a wonder anybody can get anything done.

Why is that?  It's not like Obama is spending any time on it at all.....he should be able to get loads of work done....

1. profile image0

And so he has!
              He has managed to incite conflict among all factions of society with the stroke of a pen and lifting of his chin in audacity.  What a man!

1. rhamson profile image70

I suggest you come up with a better candidate in the next election.  I would have gladly voted for somebody else had the right offered up a qualified candidate.  The right gave us no choice other than to vote for Obama what with the dribblings of McCain and the ditzy sayings of Palin.

The problem is the sour grapes by the losers and the lack of constructive effort by them to try and give the country a functioning body to work with.

1. profile image0

Ah, I'd love to.  I know a couple of names who might do good.  But I have no influence in that area.  Matter of fact, the average citizen seems to have no say in the matter whatsoever....

The names aren't 'Bristol' and 'Oly', are they??

2. rhamson profile image70

Brenda,  I agree completely and challenge you as well as myself to come up with some method by which we could get someone worthy of the position and stop with this waste of precious time arguing over a stupid birth certificate.

3. BobbiRant profile image59
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

Hey!  Trump, yes!  What America Needs is a crazy Third World dictator and we Would get that if Trump became President.  He's the 'junk bond' king from the 80's who, himself, should have been jailed.  But, just like Wall Street, the junk bond elite saw no jails. Trump makes for entertainment on the Apprentice shows.  Do I take him Seriously?  Nope!!!

4. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Nobody remembers him at the hospital he was supposed to be born in.  Nobody is left alive from that time.  That's odd. They'd be much older by now but they can't all have disappeared.

5. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Have I stumbled into the movie "Omen"?
    http://www.film4.com/images/the-omen-1976.jpg

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, welcome to the world of Obama.

6. AnnCee profile image68
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

Trump seems sincerely baffled by the mysteries that surround Obama.  He mentions school records too.

Yeah, and like I mentioned before. This man "made history" as being the "first black president".

It seems that people would be coming out of the woodwork saying that they knew him as a kid. His baby doctor or nurses would have made rounds on the news shows telling their story about knowing the "first black president" or being the neighbor of the "first black president", etc.

Obama is not that old. It hasn't been THAT long ago. People should still be alive to tell about their experiences. Where are the people?

Well Obama's pushing 50. I am 45. The doctor who delivered me is long dead as are his nurses. In fact the hospital where I was born no longer exsits. So if the doctor was, say, 45 at the time, he would be approaching 100 years old. In reality, the doctor is likely dead. Nurses would be in their late 70's, early 80's if not older. They are likely gone as well.
        The doctor who delivered my three children told me, when my first was born, that he had delivered around 6500 babies.

Remember every one, very doubtful...

Yada, yada, yada. Excuse after excuse for Obummer. Yeah.

Hawaii wasn't that big back in the 1960's.

Uh not really an excuse - kind of a reality. I am not sure how old you are, but if you are much over 40 or even hunting 50, the odds that anyone involved in your birth other than maybe your parents still being alive are pretty damn slim - do the math. You finish a medical internship and begin practicing at around 32. The youngest his Obstetrician could be is around 80.

You're wasting your time arguing with the willfully ignorant.

1. DannyMaio profile image59

The same could be said about you. this is the highest job in the country! why spend millions to not show? any normal person would see that clearly! he could not get a passport with what he showed! I think he was probably born here but definitely hiding something to spend millions not to show a 10.00 piece of paper!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4822552.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4822554_f248.jpg

Where's the doctors and nurses around when he was born? Not when he was older in grade school.

Better yet. Where's the long form birth certificate with the doctor's signature, showing the time he was born, how much he weighted, etc.

Just produce it and end the so-called "conspiracy". LOL!

I photoshopped that Mercury in the background lolll

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4822627_f248.jpg

This beach in Hawaii was hard to fake, but by God - I did it!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4822649_f248.jpg

1. livelonger profile image87
                livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a pretty bad Photoshop job (no offense), considering how different it looks from the original.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4822742_f248.jpg

Man - you ARE good... wink

3. Maembe profile image60
        Maembeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know he spent much of his childhood in Indonesia, correct?  Many people have seen him and knew him, even when he was a month old.

7. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

Obama may be keeping it secret so he can whip it out right before the next Election, wherein all his liberal followers will shout See I told ya so!   He is a drama queen, after all.
    Or maybe it just takes 3 years to make a really good forgery.....

8. lovemychris profile image75
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

He's a Republican. He's playing to his base.

and I DO mean base.

What?!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4822511_f248.jpg

Yeah right. O.K. LOL!

base:
        below the belt
        touching rock bottom
        lowest of the low
        .....base.

9. swedal profile image62
    swedalposted 13 years ago

I hear George W. was really born in Nunavik from Inuit parents.

George Sr. was on an arctic mission for the CIA when he happened through a Nunavik village. While there he noticed an Inuit tyke just a few hours old. Recognizing that the boy could one day president, senior negotiated a trade of a swiss army knife and a box of frozen German chocolates for the boy.

Senior then utilized the resources at the CIA to establish the Inuit boy as his very own which allowed the boy to grow up, become President and enact the revenge of the Inuit people upon our nation by firmly lodging the United States economy in the toilet.

Talk about wanting to see birth certificates....  I want to see W's.

I also heard that he doesn't have a belly-button. I want a DNA test to see if he's human!

Damn... I had heard that rumored, but now that you've written about it and made it part of the Web, it must be true....

10. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

It's funny how Shiny's fans do all they can to deny the talk about his birth certificate but Shiny makes very little effort to actually settle the whole thing. lol

Why the hell would he? When you "address" something, you in fact, give it credence. And check out who started the rumor - the last thing you want to do it take that nut fringe seriously.

You're wasting your time arguing with the willfully ignorant. Willfully ignorant is even worse than stupid. It's an abdication of intelligence. What a waste.

11. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Obama refuses to back down over Trump's "very strange" hair.

Barack Obama and a growing number of Americans are questioning what exactly is on Donald Trump's head? He has never adequately explained it. Is it his own hair? Is it a rug? Is it, as has been widely surmised, something he hunted down and killed?

Why doesn't he just come out and show us, already?
    If it is his real hair, then he can very easily prove that by allowing an unbiased third-party to pull on it in a public forum.
    If it is an artificial hairpiece, you would think he would proudly proclaim it. I mean, if the guy's trying to appeal to the TP crowd, he should be proud of his wig.
    George Washington and the founding fathers were certainly proud of theirs!

http://www.wondercostumes.com/imgzoom/CC70172.jpg
    (kinda looks like Romney, doesn't he?)

I heard he bought his hairpiece from a furrin' country.

12. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

You make it sound like he faked the state law to cover up for his inability to find the birth certificate.

13. Maembe profile image60
    Maembeposted 13 years ago

I had no idea this website was full of "birfers."  Few things amuse me more than outrageous conspiracy theorists.

They don't tend to publish many Hubs. Most of them are just forum trolls.

2. Mighty Mom profile image77
      Mighty Momposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Birthers, Birfers, Barfers -- all those conspiracy theorists begin to look the same after awhile!

14. BillyDRitchie profile image60
    BillyDRitchieposted 13 years ago

Trump brings up an interesting point as well.....namely that nobody seems to remember Obama from grade school or anything like that.  I'd like to think that if one of my schoolmates grew up to be president, I'd at least be able to recall their name, especially one as decidedly unusual as Barack Obama......

1. Maembe profile image60

He didn't go to grade school in America.  That was never in question.  Many people remember seeing him when he was a month old in Hawaii however.

Is there any evidence that Obama's mom has ever even been to Kenya?  Shouldn't they have flight records or something?  Can you even fly internationally with a two-week-old baby?  Why would she have gone to Kenya to have a baby anyway?

Also, I have a bridge for sale, would you like to purchase it?

I wasn't aware that I had accused Barack's mother of having been to Kenya....

1. Maembe profile image60

Are you saying he was birthed by his father?

15. lovemychris profile image75
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

You forget that the originator of this rumor is a shady character herself.
    She and her husband come up related to a real big conspiracy...
    It's all told here:
    "The Last Circle: Danny Casolaro's Investigation into the Octopus and the PROMIS Software Scandal [Paperback]"

..."one of most organized and complex criminal enterprises in the United States"

More conspiracy theories, LMC?  Really?  You've been watching too many X-Files episodes.....

1. dingdondingdon profile image59
        dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't the entire Obama birth certificate racket a conspiracy theory too? Or are conspiracy theories only okay when Republicans believe them?

Um, no, it's pretty much a fact that he hasn't produced it and seems hell bent on not doing so.  As Trump said, any of us can produce our birth certificate at any time.

None of us are sure exactly why, although my own personal theory is that the BC lists him as "Caucasian" because his mother was.  Obama doesn't want to lose the title of "First Black President'

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"pretty much a fact"

big_smile

2. Maembe profile image60

He produced his birth certificate.  It has been handled by a third party and photographed from multiple angles as well.  It has also been verified by the state of Hawaii.

No amount of proof is ever enough for a conspiracy theorist though.

Let's see it.  If it has been produced, God knows it should be all over the internet..

Sooo, we're waiting....and waiting, and waiting,.....

16. readytoescape profile image59
    readytoescapeposted 13 years ago

As a simple point, ask this question.

Could the President obtain a driver’s License or state sanctioned ID card as is required by the Real ID Act of 2005, just as all other American are required to do?

17. AnnCee profile image68
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

When a child is adopted his birth certificate is changed to reflect his new name.

Obama obviously chose to use the Obama surname.   Perhaps he failed to make the change of name legal.

I doubt there's anything wrong with calling yourself whatever you want to call yourself, but in this case I'll bet good money his legal name is Soetero and he decided it would just be too damned complicated to deal with it after he became a public figure.

Messy childhood.

"When a child is adopted his birth certificate is changed to reflect his new name."

That's false.

1. AnnCee profile image68
        AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Despite your very strong unfounded assertion I will rely on facts.  (Which, by the way, are easily and quickly found nowadays for those who are interested in those pesky things.)

http://adopting.adoption.com/child/what … ption.html

Hawaii code in re change of name in adoption.

§578-13  Change of name.  The court may fix or change the given name and the family name of an adoptive minor child to the name stipulated by the adoptive parents or that name which is in the best interest of the child.

The court may fix or change the given name and family name of an adoptive individual who is an adult at the time of the filing of the petition for adoption to the name stipulated by the adoptive parents or that name which is in the best interest of the adult. [RL 1945, pt of §12276; am L 1945, c 40, pt of §1; am L 1953, c 115, pt of §1; RL 1955, §331-13; HRS §578-13; am L 1973, c 211, §3(k); am L 1976, c 194, §1(7); am L 1987, c 278, §2]

Case Notes

Change of family name is mandatory.  45 H. 69, 361 P.2d 1054.[/b]

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurren … 8-0013.htm

Of course the law may have different at the time of Obama's adoption.  But I doubt it.  big_smile

big_smile   What?

2. Jeff Berndt profile image73

That's not what you said. You said the kid's birth certificate gets changed. It doesn't.
          The law you quoted says that the kid's name gets changed. There's a difference, and it's pretty big.

My wife changed her name when we got married. Her birth certificate, however, remains unchanged.

Reading comprehension FTW.

I repeat the birth certificate is changed.  Try to concentrate on the words.

In most U.S. jurisdictions, at the time the adoption is finalized, the child's name is legally changed, and the court orders the issuance of a new, amended birth certificate for the adopted child. This amended birth certificate:

* replaces the name(s) of the biological parent(s) with the names of the adoptive parent(s), and
                * replaces the child's birth name with his/her new name.

The original birth certificate and other documents relating to the adoption are sealed, and are generally not available to parties to the adoption, as detailed in state law in the U.S.

(from originally cited link)

The adoption site you cited says that "In most U.S. jurisdictions, at the time the adoption is finalized, the child's name is legally changed, and the court orders the issuance of a new, amended birth certificate for the adopted child." [emphasis mine]

That might have given me pause, but you've already done my homework for me, by quoting the law in Hawaii, which says that the kid's name gets changed, but says nothing about the kid's birth certificate being amended. Even if the adoption site is correct about birth certificates being retroactively edited in most jurisdictions, your own work shows that this is not he case in Hawaii, the US state where President Obama was born.

"Try to concentrate on the words."
              See, it's important to read all the words, and only the words that are present. It's not generally a good idea to pretend that words that aren't there are there. It makes you look silly when people notice that you've made stuff up.

"I repeat the birth certificate is changed."
              Not in Hawaii, according to the law you yourself cited.
              Keep repeating it if you like. Some might start to believe it. But that won't make it true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIsQJNTv … re=related

this is a person who actually was adopted  and the same age as obama or barry

18. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

wow.. it's sad...

Republicans embracing Trump (or Palin) as a possible presidential candidate is as pathetic as if the Democrats were to back Al Sharpton or Rosie O'Donnell.

By comparrison, McCain and Dukakis look like they belong on Mount Rushmore

19. livelonger profile image87
    livelongerposted 13 years ago

Like a true right-winger, Trump reveals himself to be an utter hypocrite.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ … icate.html

"Donald Trump made headlines earlier today when he provided what he said was a copy of his birth certificate -- but a quick check reveals it's actually not an official document. "

"Trump's mother, it should be noted, was born in Scotland, which is not part of the United States. His plane is registered in the Bahamas, also a foreign country. This fact pattern -- along with the wave of new questions surrounding what he claims is a birth certificate -- raises serious doubts about his eligibility to serve as President of the United States."

As his hair was manufactured in Libya, his allegiance to the American forces currently in action in that country are also suspect

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00032/trump_pa500_32294t.jpg

Good point. Don't forget that Trump's wife was born in Slovakia, which is a province of Russia right near Bolivia, so he might be a supporter of Chavez.

which wife number is he on now?

I think on his fifth, since as we all know, Jesus commanded his followers to divorce and remarry as often as possible. He's just doing the Lord's work!

I hear he's trolling the deepest of Eastern European backwaters for his sixth...

2. profile image0

Nuh-uh!

You two are just prejudiced 'cause of the color of his sk...I mean, because he is hairstyle-challenged!   Aren't you tolerant of different follicle looks?   If he showed his birth certificate just even once, you should fully accept it as concrete fact, no matter what outlandish ideas he might propose or what his ulterior motives might be!  Don't you know that's now the American way???   Anybody who's rich or famous or a smooth-talkin' community organizer should never have to show any accountability!
          lol  wink

By "ulterior motive" you mean "funny-sounding name", right?

2. Greek One profile image63

Now don't get your feathers all ruffled, Brenda

http://thedailybail.squarespace.com/storage/trump-hair.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1254796825301

1. profile image0

ROFL!
              Oh my.

20. Maembe profile image60
    Maembeposted 13 years ago

How was Hubpages able to assemble so many Right wing conspiracy theorists in one place?  It's seriously crazier than hannity.com

(this post was paid for by George Soros)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)