The First Female President of America

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (56 posts)
  1. Darknlovely3436 profile image69
    Darknlovely3436posted 13 years ago

Sometimes being a female I often wonder... would it ever happen? well my prediction is  in 2050, and the most powerful President the country every seen, and it going to be Malia Ann Obama, the daughter of President Obama, some of us might not be around to witness this, however, it is going to Happen....

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a fairly bold statement considering there's an awful lot of variables to consider.  One, it's been said throughout history that any form of government has often risen and fallen over course of world history, and ours has been the longest running form of government thus far.  Therefore, we're long overdue to a severe change in our government structure that we may not even have the same type of government by the time 2050 hits.  And even if we do manage to keep our government relatively intact for that long, then there's other variables to consider.  One, Hillary Clinton has shown a lot of interest in the Presidency before.  Granted, she lost the Democratic nomination to O'Bama, but who's to say she'll lose the Democratic nomination after O'Bama's presidency is over.  After all, are we really going to assume she's given up on her presidential aspirations?  I believe she'll run again. 

Not saying she'll win, but it's a possibility.  As I said before, there's too many variables to consider here.  However, you might be right.  After all, one of the main things that hurt Hillary Clinton in her election was that some criticized her for either being too anti-feminist or too feminist that she was constantly under scrutiny.  Something that I thought was extremely unfair if you ask me, as I certainly think she would've made a better president than O'Bama.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  Besides, how do you know O'Bama's daughter even has political aspirations?  For all we know, she might just decide to become a professional athlete, as O'Bama just loves sports! wink

Darknlovely3436posted 13 years agoin reply to this

over the years, my prediction and my dreams always come true,
        as i said, I might not be around to witness my prediction, however, "Let wait and see(smile it written in the stars)

1. profile image0

So are you saying you're some type of psychic?

2. proactrdv profile image62
        proactrdvposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think Mrs. Clinton will run for president next year. I do not think that she wants to overshadow Obama. I doubt that she will run in 2016. The question is if she does not run for president how far can she go after being secretary of state?

1. profile image0

Well obviously, she can't run in 2012 because O'Bama would be the incumbent candidate, and it would be stupid for her to try then. I was referring to 2016 or the election terms afterwards.

2. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol! After this Obama no other will ever have a chance. I think a woman will be president sooner maybe even in 2012 Michelle Bachmann!

1. profile image0

I wouldn't be so sure about that.  After all, many said the same thing about Bush saying that nobody would ever vote for another Bush again, after W screwed things up.  However, now there's buzz that George H. Bush might run for president somewhere down the road, as he's been getting a lot of political support from republicans AND the hispanic community.  therefore, it's possible considering the short attention span of voters these days.

George H.Bush, we need a female President(smile

2. DTR0005 profile image61
        DTR0005posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bachmann  - Batsh1t crazy

3. Ms Dee profile image86
        Ms Deeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes!

4. Ms Dee profile image86
        Ms Deeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

was trying to say yes to lady_love's 2012 Bauchmann

5. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really?  Michelle Bachman?  Am I missing something here?  Is she even fit to be president?  I hope she's not the strongest republican hopeful.   

Where is Newt Gingrich when we need him?.

1. BillyDRitchie profile image60
          BillyDRitchieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

She's certainly more fit than the Community Organizer, but then, most of us are....

6. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@lady the seat wont be vacant till 2016..we would have obama winning in 2012 again...and you would keep him bashing till 2016...i think you yourself should file for nomination....

You take a lot for granted, dude.  If unemployment remains as high as it is and the predictions of $5 a gallon for gas come true, Obama will be out on his butt before he even knows what hit him....

1. pisean282311 profile image62

unlikely...he would still make it...

Can I have some of whatever you're smoking.....must be good stuff.....

1. pisean282311 profile image62

lol good one dude...really good one...

7. tony0724 profile image61
        tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking Bachman myself

3. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what's so important about having a female leader of the executive branch of the federal level?

There are plenty of female's at the head of the executive branches of states.

Don't fall for something so phony as "two X chromosomes" to sway your vote.

If Hitler were a woman, would you vote for her?

1. profile image0

Yeah, but it would be a prestigious honor to witness something new in American history, as we never had a female president before.  Now that would be something.  Besides, who knows what will happen years from now.  As for your logic about Hitler being a woman, and the two phony x-chromosomes thing...I don't see what that has to do with this topic, but cheers anyways. smile

edit:  besides, don't you want to be alive to witness history, so you can tell your grandchildren someday that you were among the first to witness the first woman being elected into office.  Wouldn't that be fun? I know it gives me a great pleasure knowing that if i do have grandchildren someday that I can tell them that I was alive to witness the first minority president, as it's a part of american history.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree more with Evan.

And I personally think it's at once silly, nonproductive, and ...actually just wrong to wanna see someone put into high Office just because they're considered in minority status.
          History just for the sake of making history isn't good.

I believe a President should be a man.  The male gender was meant to be leaders and caretakers of the women and children's interests.
          But then, considering the one we have in there now, if inexperienced people like him are the only options, then a woman would probably do just as well.   And anyway it depends on what kind of person the woman is, just as it depends on what kind of person the man is....   Case in point----Hillary could've done all the underhanded, dumb things Obama's done!! lol

But yeah if I had to choose a woman to vote for, I hope the options would include Bachmann or someone like her.

I guess in the near future no female who is going to run for President is going to get your vote.....however, never underestimate the power of a woman.
            (smile

1. profile image0

I didn't say that.

I said I prefer a man.  If there wasn't a male candidate who's a good choice, I'd vote for the woman.

India, Pakistan, Britain and Israel have had sucessful women leaders,

1. profile image0

And doesn't Brazil have a woman President?
                  She's smart.  She didn't jump into the invasion of Libya....

I guess the invasion of Libya upsets you...however, instead of thinking of Libya think of 911.....

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
                Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree, I think that the majority of Americans-- perhaps only a small majority,-- are able to see the "content of their character", as MLK hoped for despite race, gender and other differences.
                We have a way to go in that respect, but it is at least a small step in the right direction.

2. profile image0

Whoa, whoa whoa! Hold on there Brenda.  I'm not saying we should elect a woman as president just for the sake of voting for woman as president. Nor, am I saying that O'Bama's presidencey is justified just for the sake of voting for a minority president.  I'm just saying it's a great thing to see historically, as I happen to love reading a lot about history; thus to witness it is an honor to me. 

Having said that though, I don't disagree with you about O'Bama, as I actually voted for John McCain myself, due to his military experience.  I believe in the wars we're in right now, we needed a President with that type of experience, so McCain was my choice.  However, since McCain lost obviously, I was just pointing out the positive of seeing O'Bama being the first minority president is historically amazing in itself to witness. That's all.  I apologize if you and Evan misread what I was saying, but that's all I was getting at.  As a fan of history, i was just saying how much of an honor it is to witness it.  Besides Brenda, if you were alive during Jesus Christs' time, wouldn't you consider it an honor to be able to tell your grandchildren that you were alive during those times?  Same thing here.   

As for a woman being president, I think there's a lot of women that have the potential of being president.  As I happen to think that even though men are proven to be the stronger sex physically, I think women are by far the smarter of the two sexes.  Think about it.  Unlike men, women seem to possess a greater understanding of events that often won't allow petty things like ego to get in the way of their judgments.  Plus, most women that i know are often calculating and will think things through.  Unlike W. who immediately went off hunches.  Look, I know you don't think a woman would make a good president, but i do.  Besides, if you look at history, there's been plenty of strong queens and female leaders throughout world history, so why is it impossible to imagine that a woman could be president?

1. profile image0

Okay.  Sorry if I mistook your post!
              It's not impossible to imagine a woman being President.
              I just think it would be, even, a sign of weakness if we couldn't find a good man to be nominated!   Out of all the millions of men in the U.S.,  there just must be at least one who's qualified.

I think women were meant to be nurturers more than leaders in things like the Presidency.  That position begs for a man who's got military and social knowledge or at least the ability to quickly learn those things.   And us women are tempted to be too soft on some things.

am i mistaken women are  not overseas fighting for this country, (in the military?: That position begs for a man who's got military and social knowledge or ....... lost here....

1. profile image0

Yes, there are women fighting overseas in our military.
                  Nothing wrong with that, if that's what they choose to do.
                  But I'm old-fashioned and think it would be better if they weren't there!  Nothing wrong with that either.  For one thing, just because some women want to be in the military doesn't mean we all do, and indeed I think it may lead to the Draft being enforced upon women as well as men if it should ever come to that, and that's unfair the way I see it.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image60
          Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We're witnessing history right now: one of the Earth's largest earthquakes just moved the entire archipelago of Japan eight feet, knocked the Earth's axis off by 4 inches, and proceeded to usher in one of the world's worst nuclear issues in all of history.

We're living in history right now. Oops, there went another second of history... there went 5 more...

Just because someone with two X chromosomes isn't president doesn't mean that "history" isn't happening.

Would you be equally happy if Sarah Palin were president as much as you'd be happy if Hilary Clinton were president? Or what about Oprah? What if the lady that brought you a beer at your restaurant was president?

We shouldn't care about the sex (or gender) of the individual who is the head of the executive branch, we should care about what kind of person they are, and what they stand for.

1. profile image0

Well Evan if you had read my posts with Brenda, then you would've realized that I wasn't implying or saying we should vote a for a woman as president just for the sake of voting a woman to be president.  Nor was I suggesting that O'Bama's run to get elected was perfectly justified based solely on the factor of him being a minority.  No, I was just saying, as a fan of history, it's an amazing thing to witness is all I was getting at. 

However, like you, I do feel that electing a person primarily on who's the best candidate for the job should be the number one priority.  In fact, as I told Brenda, I actually voted for John McCain in the last election based solely on his military background, as I felt we needed a President with previous military experience in office; in light of the current war on terror situation.  However, since he obviously lost, I was just saying how great it was historically to witness the first minority being elected president.  Granted, that's a rather optimistic way to look at things but as I said before, I'm somewhat of a fan of history, so it's kind of a treat to me.  lol

2. dingdondingdon profile image60
        dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't you think it's a little strange and telling? Women make up over half of the world's population, contribute to 3/4 of the world's working hours, own less than 1% of the world's property and are just 13 of the Fortune 500's CEOs. Are you going to tell me such damning statistics are coincidence rather than hard institutionalized oppression?

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

lol lol

3. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

So then only mean are meant to be leaders?

But you just said the options should not include a woman because only men are intended to be leaders (?) roll

1. profile image0

I think it's ideal if the men are the leaders, yes, in positions of such high authority.
      But sometimes things don't turn out that way.

2. Darknlovely3436 profile image69

I hope that one day my daughters and nieces, and any other female, doesn't feel because they are female that they cannot be the Leader of this country.(America) if they choose to run . I am always telling them to aim high
      and changes is coming.

4. gajanis786 profile image84
    gajanis786posted 13 years ago

Well there is no harm in making predictions and absolutely no harm in having a women president also. But just to remind you that according to the present four years president ruling system, there should not be any presidential election in 2050. Either it will be 2048 or 2052.......

1. profile image0

Well to be fair, she never did say a woman would be elected president.  Just that we would have a woman as president in 2050.  therefore, maybe part of her prediction is that Malia O'Bama will be elected as vice-president in 2048.  then whoever is president will get assassinated and/or drop dead due to natural causes, and she'll end up taking his place.  Under that theory, then it could happen.  not saying that i know for sure, but I'm merely speculating.

5. TahoeDoc profile image77
    TahoeDocposted 13 years ago

re: Newt Gingrich

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/2 … islamists/

Found him... busy with the fear-mongering. Whew, I was afraid I'd find him in a sleazy motel with his latest conquest.

6. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 13 years ago

hillary clinton will be the first president of America

Actually, she would be the 45th or 46th President....just sayin....

7. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

ROSIE AND DONALD IN 2012!!!

YOU can help make it happen!

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2007/03/13/0313_trump_rosie-1.jpg

(of course, if they were to win, there still wouldn't be a woman in the oval office)

8. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

New Zealand has had two Heads Of States,so its time the USA caught up wink

1. pylos26 profile image71
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi eaglewi...how ya'll doing down there? is that a two headed Kiwi NZ has as heads of state?

9. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

lol too funny lol

No, one head to see where its been, and the other to see where its going.

Still gigglin.

Jenny Shipley was the first Prime Minister ,next came Helen Clarke

(Incidently Ms Clarke is now Chairwoman in Washington for United Nations).

Current Prime Minister is John Keys
    (The Ladies taking a break)

Eaglekiwi love the sound of this, Women rules, it good to see women is good for more than making babies, and taking the back seat while the men drive off into the wrong directions, However, back to the subject .... the first female President.. of this country is in the making(smile "it written in the stars"

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Every good thing in its right time smile

This probably had alot to do with the surge of Kate Sheppard (Womens Suffrage Movement) ultimately affecting the staunchly held male gender position in society

New Zealand in 1893 is often said to be the first "country" in the world to give women the right to vote. smile

Shaking off the male chauvanistic ego takes time I suppose.
        However there have been some great past Presidents as well.

Ok now my mind is drifting to some jokes..time to log off hehe..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)