Can I upload any photo from the web in my photo capsule?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)
  1. profile image56
    chatuanaposted 15 years ago

I joined Hubpages about six days ago, but my adsense affiliation was rejected. I never copied anything from other sites except upload photos from the web. My photos are not my own. I got a reply from adsense which I pasted below :

Unacceptable site content:

In order to participate in Google AdSense, publishers' websites and
    application information must satisfy the following guidelines:

*Your site must have been active for at least 6 months before you apply
    for AdSense.
    *You must provide accurate personal information with your application that
    matches the information on your page.
    *Your website must contain substantial, original content.

As I'm completely new, I do not fulfill the 6 months of site active criteria.Can it be because of this? or the uploading of photos.Now I'm reapplying again under different email ID which I did not Give to hubpages. HELP.

1. profile image0
      daflaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There are some good sites where you can download free graphics and photos to use on your hubs.  That's what I use.  If Adsense has a complaint about you violating copyright, it will close your account.  Better to be safe than sorry.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Just to clarify this first point - you are infringing copyright if you upload ANY photos from the web without permission of the photographer.  Just because they're on a website doesn't mean they're free to copy. 

You either have to

- contact the photographer and ask their permission or
      - use one of the sites like Morguefile that lets you use photos for free, or
      - use a site like Flickr that lets you use certain photos (those under Creative Commons licence) provided you give the photographer credit with a hyperlink.

Having said that, I doubt if Google checked out the origin of your photos before rejecting you.  And I don't think the 6 month rule applies if you join through HubPages because HP has been around a lot longer than 6 months!   

Could it be the nature of the photos, or perhaps the text of one of your Hubs?   Adsense won't allow any "adult" content, so if your photos were suggestive, or if one of your Hubs makes any mention of sex (even in a serious way) that could be the reason.

1. Janet21 profile image81
        Janet21posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the Morguefile tip.  I had heard about that website awhile back, but could not remember the name of the site.  smile

2. Hery Yansen profile image61
    Hery Yansenposted 15 years ago

If you want to apply for Google Adsense, it is recommended that you write your own content with your own right of picture (if you copy it from other website, you better write down the source where you take the photo). You can reapply with another website, but it is recommended you build your own website (e.g. www.chatuana.com) with at least 10-20 pages inside, not from hubpage - this is not your personal webpage (This is my personal experience). I hope it can help you.

Cheers,
    Hery

3. charlemont profile image75
    charlemontposted 15 years ago

I guess that "6 months period before application" might well be the requirement.

4. Kika Rose profile image69
    Kika Roseposted 15 years ago

I got my Adsense account after about 5 days on here. I don't know why you weren't accepted. o_O Did you follow the guidelines Hubpages mentions on the Affiliate Settings page when you went to sign up for Adsense, or did you do it on your own?

1. profile image56
      chatuanaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I followed it step by step but I don't what went wrong. Is it possible to get another adsense account through other sites with the same name and physical add? Maybe it's the photos after all.

5. spuds profile image58
    spudsposted 15 years ago

Try applying for adsense via blogger.com

6. profiler profile image65
    profilerposted 15 years ago

I had a adsense account before I joined hubpages so that didnt present as a problem...

try acessing it with other site first... blogger or wordpress would be fine

7. profile image56

Well I put some bear baiting and dog fighting photos but no obscene things.

8. Marian Swift profile image60
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

Wikimedia Commons is another great site.  Photos are either Creative Commons licensed or public domain, and the rights are clearly shown.

9. broalexdotinfo profile image55
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

You can also use free Photos which can be downloaded from photostock sites such as Dreamstime this is just one example, but there are many more, you can find some other photo stock sites here, you just need to register a free account, and you`ll be able to download right away.

Alex

10. profile image56

Thanks to all, I'll start taking photos from those sites you all suggested.

11. Dolores Monet profile image94
    Dolores Monetposted 15 years ago

You'd think they would be clear about the reason for the rejections - it's ridiculous that it has to be a guessing game.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)