Series of anti obama threads : Do we need break?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (59 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

there are series of anti obama threads every day ...day in day out...do you think we need breaks from it...due you think like religion forums , we are seeing propaganda spree on political forum too?

1. BillyDRitchie profile image60
      BillyDRitchieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's called freedom of speech.  If you don't like them, then don't read them.  Or try posting some pro-Obama subjects.

Or does that make too much sense?

1. NateSean profile image66
        NateSeanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's the trouble with freedom of speech. Everyone assumes that we have the freedom to listen to their speech. But then if someone else speaks up whom they do not agree with, they get to tell us about that too.

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Jim Hunter profile image60
          Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have the freedom to NOT listen to that speech.

If you don't want to read an "anti-Obama" thread then don't open it.

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1. weholdthesetruths profile image60
            weholdthesetruthsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Such obviousness... how could they have missed it?   smile

1. Jim Hunter profile image60

I don't know, some of these loons thought the dems were gonna win big in the last last election.

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
                Mighty Momposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really? Name one.

I could name several.

But then that may be considered a personal attack.

Kind of what you're after though.

They all troll along, insulting merrily as they go, and when someone responds to them, they all scream "personal attack".   It's as though it was their effort to censor the forum.

2. Maembe profile image60
                    Maembeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Translation:

uh... umm... well...  *runs away*

2. pisean282311 profile image62

it makes too much sense in seeing the trend...5-10 threads a day.. who has so much time in the world to target an individual or his policy...there are people who are unhappy with obama...surely they have their valid reasons for that but i dont think any one has all the time on earth to open up one thread after another ...religious people do that but mostly they are on propaganda spree and they are well compensated for that...

3. AnnCee profile image68
        AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, post some pro-Obama threads.  big_smile

4. Ken Crow profile image59
        Ken Crowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let me get this straight. If I post " Pro-Basketball Player in Chief " materieal that is alright ? But if I post " Idiot in Chief Material " because of his oil, Middle East, Economic, Debt, Bowing to foreign dictator, cannot balance a check book policies, then I am to be sensored, is that correct ? MMMM, sounds like more String pulling of the" Liar in Chief " George Soros to me !

2. lady_love158 profile image60
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually this post doesn't belong in the political forum... it should be in hubbers hangout or lefties lovefest forum. Lol

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What else are angry, unemployable people supposed to do with their time?  The massive cesspool of hate has to spill over somewhere; might as well be here to keep us entertained.

The Westboro baptist church is legally entitled to spread their "God hates fags" message wherever they want.  Their brethren on hubpages are similarly entitled to spread their own hatred of the United States and its president.

smile

2. weholdthesetruths profile image60

We understand your rage and hate and how it spills over all the time.   

I'm just doing what the media won't do.   Tell the truth.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
          Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When are you going to start?

I did long ago, but you're blind to it, so no point in elaborating to someone blinded by rage and ignorance.

4. profile image48
      ShortStoryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did people call for a "break" in anti Bush threads when he was President?

1. manlypoetryman profile image82
        manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly!

5. turgeo2004 profile image67
      turgeo2004posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who is Obama? smile  he he he

1. turgeo2004 profile image67
        turgeo2004posted 13 years agoin reply to this

im joking of course i know who obama is

6. weholdthesetruths profile image60

Nope, we need them multiplied by at least 400 times.

2. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

No.  I think it's hiliarious.  You're just upset because it disturbs you.

no it doesnot disturb me...it is infact working in favor of obama...i am trying to see trend in it...

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So why do you think there should be a break?

because indirectly it is helping obama ...so anyways not serving the purpose of thread starters ...unless ofcourse obama supporters are starting anti obama threads at first place...secondly too many threads are hindering possibility of genuine debates...

2. dingdondingdon profile image59
          dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Probably for the same reason I do: it's quite boring. I'm fine with debating politics and debating Obama's policies, but I'm sick of seeing new posts debated to the same old topics. Could we not just have a politics mega-thread or two and leave more front page forum space for other subjects?

same here...same old stuff and age old debate...leading to no where and no direction...

One of the reasons for that is you libs don't stick to the subject!

3. Flightkeeper profile image67

If you're bored then put up your own forum posts, no one is stopping you and no one is making your read Lalo's posts.

thats what it is...it is my own forum post...

1. Flightkeeper profile image67

I wasn't responding to you.  The reply was for dingdongdingdon.

BINGO!

3. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

Using forums for your own financial ends is spam. 

Constant posting of the same subject under different headings is spam.

It doesn't matter who is doing it or for what - posting the same thing over and over again with new headers is spam.

Where are the moderators when you need one!

agreed...but is it for finances?...though it looks so...

2. manlypoetryman profile image82
      manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah...so they can start with you...self-proclaiming what you think is "spam"! (this is the second time I've seen you use that word with in five minutes of being in the Forums).

It is Forums....people talk about Religion, Politics, their pets, and some other crazy things that all go into the Forums. Recommend1....here's a recommendation for ya': lighten up on the "spam" name calling...for the real "spam".

4. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

I guess people need relief from their own problems, so they take sport in pointing out other's weaknesses to avoid dealing with their own. Celebs and world leaders are an easy target. Not that this is true in every case, but it's certainly a lot of hot air most of the time, with little impact or value.

It's easier to make it someone else's fault than it is to take responsibility for our own lives.

good point daniel..very good point...

What? Is that a liberal espousing personal responsibility? Say it ain't so! Lol

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Although I've tried to explain this before, I claim to be an equal opportunity basher of liberals and conservatives. Political systems are just more false religions....

Even the church of the tea party is losing members....

But you can think what you would like.
        wink

2. pisean282311 profile image62

ya...she thinks only right take responsibility...i guess they should have had when they blew the economy but they ran away at that time and needed left to bail them out lol

roll

The left bailed us out?

Please stop bailing us out, you're killing us.

5. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

Both sides are responsible for the mess we have.  How about we get beyond the blame and go to work to solve the problems in a positive manner.  That's what any politician is elected to do, not point fingers.
    As far as anti-Obama threads, let them go.  Eventually they will be fewer and we can have more religious threads or inane game threads, or "I'm new and I want you to read my hubs" threads, or look who is in what movie thread, or it's Bushs' fault thread.
    The one thing about these forums, no one has a gun held to their head to read them. If one is offended by a comment, ignore it or don't. If you do read them, you are not required to reply to any comment.  I guess that is part of personal responsibility and personal freedom.
    If one wants to start a more intellectually stimulating thread they are welcome to do so.

1. lady_love158 profile image60

GENIUS!!

2. weholdthesetruths profile image60

Well, start one.    No lib could ever be on it, though.   Intellectually challenging questions are beyond their capacity.

1. DannyMaio profile image59
        DannyMaioposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was told about this today! I have never heard of this guy! wow this really blew my mind! I believe him and I would think if this was not true he would be in big trouble. he even gave tele# and texts etc... a truly must see. first is a press conference and the other his web site, there is much more if you look very fascinating! The Media really hid this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lrf8DbrJH0

http://www.larrysinclair.org/

1. lovemychris profile image75
          lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just today huh?
          That was all over rense.com, before BO even took office.
          And Truthseeker
          And Prison Planet
          and any other alternet site...
          MSM didn't run with it...did you think they would?
          Where's all the truth about 9/11? ahaha
          They hide everything worth knowing.Well, sometimes some interesting things slip out--but you gotta catch it!!

Who is sending out this re-tread information?

I never heard of this until yesterday! You do realize that if this man was not telling the truth he would have been sued for defamation of character or jailed! he is not! Personally He gave a lot of telephone numbers and proved he was in Chicago at that time, He even had that Guy's phone number and texts who was murdered from Obama's church that was an open Homosexual. I personally believe this man is telling the truth! His website shows the court info with proof etc... pretty wild stuff! He even proved to the court Obama's People paid 750k to discredit him. look... it blew my mind.

1. Maembe profile image60
              Maembeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can't really sue for defamation of a public figure.  It's virtually impossible.  It's also impossible to prove you didn't give someone a bj.

Is there anything radicals on the Right won't believe?

just the fact that he contacted the Chicago authorities and gave them all the Info on that guy that died and said Obama had him call, he has real texts and phone numbers. and the only response is, see what radical right believe! I'm a registered Democrat so right there your logic is garbage! second how you obamabots do not even have the normal frame of mind to at least get facts before believing everything actually shows me the mentality you have. I guess you believe him when he stated he never heard Reverend Wright speak like that in the 20 years he went there and dedicated a book to him. crazy!

1. lovemychris profile image75

Do you think 9/11 was an inside job?

The answer will let me know just how much of a truth-seeker you are.

OR, are you another right-wing ideologue who only goes where the World-Net-Daily's lead him?

I have not really gotten into 9/11 but from what I seen and read, I also live in NY. believe some stuff do not make much sense. When I check into things It takes up too much time. I will get around to it, seems interesting. From the start I had a problem...lets just say the first plane got through and hit the WTC building the second one hit like 40 minutes later, were was the military? then like another 45 minutes the pentagon? this is where our defense headquarters are and no planes to shoot them down before impact? then the 4th goes down in a remote area? seems odd to me. when I have some free time and check I will let you know. but you do know how many people would have to have been involved in something like that...right. someone would have talked? you would think

2. lovemychris profile image75

Who is sending out this re-tread information?

from a friend. very interesting to say the least! how did Larry have that Gay guys number and text messages from Obama's church? very strange...NO

6. lovemychris profile image75
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Guess the Birther stuff is going down the tubes....sad

Hey--call me, I got some REAl doozies having to do with Obama, Biden and a secret letter.....

1-800-day-late-dollar-short.

7. lovemychris profile image75
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

Ok--thank you.

Ps: That was 10 years ago. Obama has been around for 3.
    just sayin.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)