The share good news thread.....

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (47 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

This forum is distinctly lacking in positivity. We have had one of these threads before, I'm going to kick one off again.

Recently I am most pleased with my new kitchen FINALLY being finished, it was started in December, and looks completely f'in ace.

Obviously I got married at the start of this month, so I have to count that too.

What's your piece of GOOD news? Everybody has some.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image54
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very nice thread. I have a new job aside from part time office work, waitress (3 hours every other day) and I earn more from it, lots and lots of tips... LOL. I can save some consistently. Plus I get to meet plenty of different people. I like watching different culture of people going to the restaurant.

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's good news! What you going to save for?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image54
          prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Since dollar to Phil. peso is high, I can get a downpayment for a townhouse in Manila after one and half years.

1. profile image0

Ace! That is well worth saving for smile

2. manlypoetryman profile image79
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

Good idea, RK...I recently had a major health issue discovered...and am on my way to new healing. That is exciting...no matter who you are!

1. profile image0

Great news! Beats mine!

I guess that there isn't too much good news for people to share then?

Come on, everybody has good news! Everybody is still breathing for a start!

Maybe you just 'got some' on Saturday night? Let's get this party started!

2. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's awesome!  I'm happy for you, manly.  All the best to your new healing.  Take care.

3. Bill Manning profile image66
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I am planning my first cruise this year, maybe a singles cruise! wink

I also may move to a nicer, more quiet neighborhood in a few months. Maybe even rent my own house instead of an apt.

Oh, I also got 3 webcam sales in 14 days, 100 bucks a pop! smile

1. profile image0

yikes  What were they? Solid gold webcams?

Good news about the cruise, Bill's going to get some action lol

1. Bill Manning profile image66
        Bill Manningposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope to get some action, it's about time! hmm

Web cam sales are very high. They often have deals where you can get 300 bucks per sale over your normal amount.

If you do rev-share and get what we call a "whale" (big spender) some have made hundreds a month for a year just from one sale. smile

1. profile image0

Oh, THAT kind of web cam lol

I thought you meant a web cam, as in a small camera which one would attach to their computer. Rather than a webcam account in which one would watch other people doing things lol

You should know me by now! tongue

4. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I have awesome news but I can't share it yet. Grrr!

However today is my last day of "work for hourly rate" so that's good news!

1. profile image0

This thread will still be here when you can share it smile

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

5. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

My good news is that I am finally getting my basement converted. So far I have installed an entrance door, and power, and have half the floors cemented and half the walls plastered and when it is done I am going to fill it with all the bits and pieces from the two bars I had that are crammed into my house at the moment. Then I'm painting the house from top to bottom. And I bought a bicycle today - the first one I have been on in 40 years or so.

This is all thanks to HP, adsense and Amazon smile

That's great to hear IzzyM. smile

2. profile image0

That sounds ace, when you finally get rid of the two bars, are you going to rent out the basement?

And are those bars ever going to be installed and open to the public? Or is that related to some previous bad news, which is banned from this thread?

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Definitely related to previous bad news! Not going there LOL

1. profile image0

A Brit in Spain, I can guess, but there is always good news in front of bad news smile

And hey, you still have the nice weather!

6. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

Im on the move for a month or so in the UK next week, visiting friends across the UK via train and Guesthouses booked, laptop in hand big_smile

1. profile image0

Sounds good, don't forget your phone charger and your toothbrush!

1. Richieb799 profile image75
        Richieb799posted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL, the toothbrush, always the last thing you grab on the way out the door!  Glad you reminded me about the phone charger though. smile

7. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

I won the first round at The Tattersalls Club 2011 Snooker Tournament

1. profile image0

And I wish you good luck for the second round! What do you win if you go the whole way?

1. barryrutherford profile image75
        barryrutherfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A Silver Cup my name engraved in gold on a Traditional solid Oak wall plaque that goes back 70 years & the Cudos of club members for starters ..+ bragging rights! (cross-fingers)

8. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

My ex actually called me (trust me this is BIG news) to talk about paying me the $25,000 he owes me.

I did say 'talk' but it sure felt good that HE rang me and instigated the conversation. No doubt I will get something, and not the whole amount in one go (it will kill him!) but that's still welcome smile

Even better news, my daughter got accepted into the college she wants to attend (just got the acceptance letter) and my sister and her husband just got their mortgage paid off by their insurance company. Now that's some awesome news big_smile

1. profile image0

That sounds like fantastic news!

And I can see why that would be a surprise. Not sure how long it has been going on, but that is an acknowledgement that he wants to repay the debt.

Just don't push it by asking for interest or trying to get him to go faster than he can afford, else he may go ex-directory wink

9. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

Just got back from the ENT and our little guy's breathing sounds really good (he had severe apnea and a major surgery to fix his airway back in December). Once we get a "clean" sleep study in May, we might get to the point where we see the ENT only once every six months!

Adsense: $20
    Amazon: $15
    Your kid being able to breathe without assistance: Priceless.

1. Sufidreamer profile image77
      Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's fantastic news - just the tonic to lift the doom and gloom.

Good or bad news (depending on how you look at it!) - We have kittens smile

http://64.19.142.11/s1.hubimg.com/u/4836436_f520.jpg

10. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Well...two months from today (give or take), my first grandson will make his appearance! This should be a blast. The poor kid, though. I'm sure his two older sisters (now 19 months old) will start torturing him straightaway. smile

1. ripplemaker profile image78
      ripplemakerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A baby on the way! A blessed gift that's for sure smile

11. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I visited the dentist today and I can eat again after a weekend of soup and oatmeal smile

HI Susan, I can imagine how good that must have felt being able to eat again. Did you have a root canal?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, a bonded tooth had broken in the back and was loose. I was afraid to chew on it. All fixed now.

12. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 13 years ago

Had a major breakthrough with one of our staff who had emotional problems the past year.  Deeply grateful.

13. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

My son who dropped out of high school six years ago, finally decided to go back to school to finish high school because he finally found out what he wanted to be when he grows up.. to be a policeman.  He is going to adult school and will be graduating this summer.  I am so happy.. omg ecstatic is a better word.

Oh Rosie, this is wonderful news!  I am happy for you and for your son who has found 'himself' at this point in his life.  That is something to celebrate indeed. smile

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
        Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks, ripplemaker.  I'm so happy he did.

14. sofs profile image75
    sofsposted 13 years ago

The good news for me is - every day I decide to be happy no matter what..and I am happy no matter what.
    My garden is looking beautiful, with every plant blooming........i am ecstatic...  smile  even small things can make you happy, if you let yourself be happy smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

What a beautiful thing to choose everyday. smile

1. sofs profile image75
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, but it is indeed the one of the few  things worth choosing in life smilesmilesmile

15. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

I laid a wooden laminate flooring all by myself and feel quite the ace handyman!!! Booyacka!!!! everybody do the handyman dance! ayo ayo!

16. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

The sun came out today and I can still move after my Pilates class!

Not as big as some of the other things posted, but it gets you through the day! And big congrats to all the other posters on their good news!

17. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I just made homemade macaroni and cheese! big_smile

18. sagebrush_mama profile image61
    sagebrush_mamaposted 13 years ago

Just found that one of my hubs, which had dropped from #2 to 10-11 in google results for the last month, has moved almost all the way back, ranking at #3!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)