Have you filed DMCA against 68articles.com

Jump to Last Post 51-93 of 93 discussions (172 posts)
  1. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 12 years ago

^ You are mistaken.

A single DMCA violation would only result in a request by the host to remove the infringing content and would not warrant adsense attention.

A flood of notices proves that the offender is a serial violator and is likely to have adsense and hosting stripped from them, defusing this threat for the time being.

1. WoodsmensPost profile image62
      WoodsmensPostposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ok you win your entitled to your opinion

sunforgedposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You were saying?

2. BaliMermaid profile image57
    BaliMermaidposted 12 years ago

Maybe I am still dreaming but -

http://68articles.com/top-articles/

brings this creep back up on my laptop screen.
    http://68articles.com  does not, saying the server cannot be found

so is anyone else able to see this guy back online?

also I find he has the following log on links.

Login via Facebook | Login via Google | Login/ via Yahoo

Can't we complain to google/facebook and yahoo and get them to
    demand he stop. 

We had another hub  unpublished, by a hubpage moderator, as duplicate content and the only other place I find it online is at 68articles.

3. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

I find the site as well, but it's odd.  Some of the articles listed on their "best" page do not show up when their link is used.  I was unable to find any HP authors or hubs.

I did find one article that seemed from articlebase, but just the title - the article itself was gone from the 68 site.

Maybe someone a little more knowledgable then I am (shouldn't be hard to find!) can check out the site?

4. Jayne Lancer profile image90
    Jayne Lancerposted 12 years ago

I just visited the 68 site, but found absolutely no articles listed. When I clicked on various topics, a message came up saying there were so and so thousand articles on that topic, but none were actually listed. Maybe I was doing something wrong ...
    Or are the articles all gone?

5. BaliMermaid profile image57
    BaliMermaidposted 12 years ago

I believe the articles are gone, at least the Hubpage articles.

I took one of my hubs that I knew was on 68articles and did a google search of that hub name plus my author name with a +infront of it.

The indexed cache data came up but when I clicked on that it went to an active 68articles page with no article, just topic lists.

I guess that means the article is gone but that goggle has not cleared the index yet.

Please, could some other hubbers check in the same way.

Thanks

6. profile image52
    LaLa.Jposted 12 years ago

Hi.  I'm new here, so maybe I need some guidance on the subject at hand.....

I was alarmed to learn a place such as 68articles existed and was being allowed to perpetually repeat offend. 

So for the heck of it, I went to the 68articles site, and randomly chose a posted article to see if the content appeared in numerous locations.....i.e. I wanted to test some content from 68articles to see if it had been plagiarized or duped. 

I randomly chose an article on 68articles from April 4th, titled: 
    Website Design vs Website Content 
    First line:  A perfect website is not just about the layout and custom web designing; rather it is also about the content which is regularly updated on the website.

I pasted that first line into Google's search, and it returned at least a dozen results.  The exact same content appeared on betternetworker. pixelsworld, blackauthors, homebasedbusinessprogram, etc. etc.  AND HubPages

So I went to the HubPages article, Website Design vs Website Content and saw the content had been submitted to HubPages by user Diyakapoor.  The HubPages article was not dated, but the user details show Diyakapoor has been on HubPages for 17 months.

Here's the oddity:   Coincidentally - or perhaps not - the user who posted the identical content on 68articles is also named Diyakapoor. 

....SO
    1)  is this a legit situation where the HubPages user Diyakapoor also happens to post on several other sites?

.....OR
    2)  Is the person on 68articles copying Diyakapoor's content AND (falsely) using the name Diyakapoor?

Since HubPages does not include or show the date an article was posted, I'm not able to see which article was posted first -- Diyakapoor's 68articles submission was posted on April 4th, but the HubPages article from Diyakapoor isn't dated - and could have been posted after April 4th, or anytime in the past 17 months.

3)  If I post articles on HubPages, will I be able to show the date so if necessary, I'll have verification the original content was posted BEFORE the duplicated version?

Please note that I have no issue with this user in any way -- and no criticisms about posting in more than one place if that's what they intended and all tos are being followed.... 

I'd like some clarity because if I submit articles to HubPages, I intend to use the name my small group of followers knows me by -- but if my name is going to be heisted along with my content, I would think twice about using my familiar user name..... 

Not that I see HubPages as being in any way accountable -- I do not. 

In fact, I very much admire and find promise in the fact that the HubPages community bands together to retain what's rightfully theirs.

If anyone could answer or clarify 1, 2 & 3 above, it would be very much appreciated.

As I said, I have no issue with the user or where they choose to post information --

I simply used that 68articles entry as a "duplicate content" test....My question is whether 68articles is falsely applying HubPages user names to the HubPages content they've copied, and whether a date stamp is permitted on HubPages submissions.

Many thanks for your help.

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Both 1 and 2 are correct; the hubber has apparently duplicated his content several places, in violation of HP TOS.  At the same time, 68articles stole hundreds of hubs and dozens or hundreds of profile names and posted on their own site before being taken down as a result of massive action by the HubPages community.

3) Yes, in the case of stolen content you can prove the date of your publication.  HP certainly knows it (it's listed on your stats page) as does, I believe, google.

68articles was also copying the hubpages user names

also, until this month it was perfectly within Hub TOS to duplicate your own content whenever and however you wanted.

7. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 12 years ago

DMCA sent to Bluehost

8. MyWebs profile image79
    MyWebsposted 12 years ago

Thanks for the heads up sunforged. I see they have my latest hub.... DMCA filed with Google and their web hosting provider.

9. melbel profile image93

Has anyone received a response from BlueHost about this yet?

10. wilderness profile image93

I see that they are back up and once more I am listed as having at least 5 articles there, all copied from HP.

Guess I'll have more DMCA's to file tonight when I get home.

I don't have time right now to look for others, but sunforged also has a bunch there.  I thought they had all been taken down at one point.

1. Richieb799 profile image76
      Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

How did you find your articles, I was removed last time I looked, they are such a pain in the ass

I searched for my name in their search box, looking for "authors".  Make sure you click the submit button and don't simply press "enter" on the keyboard.

And yes, I was gone from there the last time I looked.  Back again now.

Looks like we need another massive effort by hundreds of hubbers complaining to bluehost and google.

11. rmr profile image67
    rmrposted 12 years ago

I just searched site using the word "Hubpages", and the article content setting, and found dozens of familiar names and articles.

12. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Thank god Im still gone from there smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image55
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yours are still there -- http:  68articles.com/s2/richieb799

Seems our hubs are back there. I filed DMCAs some days ago!

13. rmr profile image67
    rmrposted 12 years ago

If you happen to write at Info Barrel as well,you may want to have another look around. I just found several articles from there, too.

14. ns1209 profile image63
    ns1209posted 12 years ago

Great, I just found my Hubs on there too! sad

Will try this DMCA!

15. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

here's an articles by a hubpage writer listed on 68articles that I find ironic..
    it's about finding out if you've been plagerized
    http://68articles.com/how-to-find-out-i … c7cc1.html

16. ns1209 profile image63
    ns1209posted 12 years ago

Oh dear. Loads of hubs are on here and at the end it just says:

Aritces Resource:http://hubpages.com

Not even the username or a nofollow link!

17. Stacie L profile image88

well this thief is getting alot of attention again with all our searches...

18. Stacie L profile image88

it seems to me that hubpages admin need to step in as they are submitting many of our articles and using many aliases

19. sunforged profile image70

http://www.icold-cigb.net/images/attention.jpg

http://www.hostable.com/images/header-support.gif

68articles is no  longer hosted by BlueHost

the nameservers reflect the site "www.hostable.com" as the new host.

Since, no DMCA information is easily found I suggest using the 800 number above to find out how this site plans to react to finding out they are hosting a pirate site.

800 phone calls cost the owner money and this site looks like a small  reseller they will probably react quickly especially if one points out these threads.

20. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I used the abuse email listed on the Contacts page at Hostable.

21. sunforged profile image70

thats probably the better choice ... but I use phone numbers whenever possible as it is a much quicker way of resolution and pointing out how just how involved I am in any theft against me.

Statements such as ..well, I will have to followup every quarter hour via this number until the problem resolved, seem to give a little push smile to the priority level of any problem i present.

Sunforged, would you still suggest complaining to google via the adsense link on each article?

I just submitted 5 complaints (one for each hub stolen) that way with a request to remove any adsense affiliation.  Will it do any good if hundreds of requests from all of us are made?

22. sunforged profile image70

hell yes!

as you can see its very easy for a thief to move shop, but if cut out the rev source it will probably move on to some other form of shady living that doesnt involve our property.

when this was originally posted the adsense dmca submit was not working correctly... it seems to be fine now

OK, good.  The "crap" sign must be gone!  That was actually my next step; to try that dmca once more.  I'm chatting with hostable right now, but so far all I've gotten is "one moment please".  It doesn't look like that site will be a great deal of help.

2. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, it was April Fool's Day and everything. smile

23. wilderness profile image93

I am chatting with "Phillip" at hostable.com now.  Although he has not said so, I believe he understands the problem.  Perhaps if a few dozen more hubbers will deluge the site with similar chats or phone calls we may get something done quickly. 

I sure think it would be wise to file with google as well.  Let's see if we can get this scum's adsense removed!

24. wilderness profile image93

Guess I was wrong.  This joker has no idea of what a DMCA is, and doesn't believe that our work is copyrighted.  Wants someone from HubPages to contact him.

I did get, however, an email address for the DMCA:  Send it to: support@brinkster.com. I might suggest copying it to abuse@hostable.com as I not confident that this Phillip I talked to knows anything at all.

25. wordscribe43 profile image91
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

I submitted my DMCA's to Google and the new host (at both email addresses provided by wilderness).  Thanks, wilderness, and sorry you didn't get someone more helpful on the other end.

I'm still talking to the guy and he's still insisting that we have no right to our work.  That it is all "free" on the internet and you can copy whatever you want. 

I'm not sure about putting that information into the DMCA's I will file with Google as I have no proof; all the saved files are at hostable.  Even if I copy and past the chat into word or something I could just as well have made it up.

Maybe our DMCA forms will get to someone else.

1. wordscribe43 profile image91
        wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I thought it was funny when I received my confirmation email from Brinkster it said:  "Your ticket has been recieved"  (i before e except after c!).  It makes me think it's a pretty serious fly by night gig... 

I can't believe you are STILL on the phone with him!

Naw - I'm chatting online through their site.  Just asked him if I could post our entire conversation here - his answer will be interesting.

And yes, I think it is a real fly by night.  Very unprofessional - I wonder if "Phillip" is not the owner, even.  He seems very ignorant of the laws governing copyright; although I'm certainly not a lawyer, I believe what I've heard here in that we have a copyright to our material.  He doesn't - has stated very plainly that all material on the web is free for the taking and use.

1. TinaAtHome profile image65
            TinaAtHomeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He told me that too. "It's on the Internet and it doesn't say copyright, so it's free to be copied."

Did you have "Phillip" as well?  Or do they have more than one person, or at least use multiple names?

Now he says I'm not the only one complaining - he'll forward the problem for review by admins.  I still think Phillip IS admins and is going to research it - quick, write a hub on online copyrights and get it into first position!

1. TinaAtHome profile image65
                TinaAtHomeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He didn't give me his name, but he was on IM at the same time as talking to me on the phone, possibly with you. He said if it goes to admin it may be tomorrow before the site's pulled IF there's anything wrong with it.

Probably was him.  I finally found the other thread about this (spent my evening talking with him and on this thread while trying to take care of two little grandkids).  Good to see that a few others are doing something as well.

I really wonder if it would be actually better to ignore Hostable right now and file DMCA after DMCA with google.  Get his adsense canceled, hopefully permanently.

2. melbel profile image93
                melbelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why? So that 68articles can copy a hub on copyright infringement? HAHAHAHA... that would be epic!

They did steal one of how to find if you're being plaigerised - Stacie posted it above.  lol

Wow, I can't believe someone would administer a hosting company while being ignorant to the laws governing intellectual property. Sounds like we've got a lawsuit on our hands (per 68articles.com, anyway.) I will contact my attorney tomorrow and see what I can do about both 68articles.com and this hostable.com website. I do not believe hostable is technically liable for damages, but my attorney will educate them on the law regarding the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

In the meantime, I am in a chat session with one of their guys. I gave a ton of info, the guy took a long poop and let me know that they will be suspending the site.

I cannot comment as to what the gentleman said, however, here is a transcript of what I said. You all can use my words in future contact with people who copy your work as it apparently worked here.

"I am contacting you in order to report massive copyright infringement of my written work by a domain hosted under your service.

The link of the infringement violation is here: http:// 68articles . com/s2/melbel

My original work can be found here: http:// hubpages.com /profile/melbel

Below each of my original articles, there is a copyright notice under the names of both HubPages, the website I publish under, and respective owner. I am contacting you as the respective owner of my work as HubPages cannot contact you on my behalf.

Previously the domain was hosted with BlueHost, I contacted BlueHost and they removed the domain from their servers. The gentleman in charge of the web entity [68articles.com] appears to moving from host to host as the content he posts to his website is removed by a host. Thus, I will also have a copyright attorney contact him for potential litigation. However, in the meantime, I would like my content removed from said website.

Here is the law regarding the protection of my copyright: http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html

I can also forward you an email of the original DMCA form I filed, in accordance with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, with BlueHost.com (when 68articles.com was hosted with them) citing just one of many examples of copyright infringement of my work by 68articles.com"

1. Aficionada profile image79
              Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You go, Girl!

1. melbel profile image93

Yeah, well I got so pissed when I read how they handled the conversation with wilderness and so it was not just for me, for all of us (although technically I cannot speak on your behalf.) I armed myself with information and got right on chat. tongue

Thank you melbel.  I have copied and saved your entire post above for future reference; some very good information there.

Funny thing - I had asked the guy I was IMing with if I could copy our conversation and paste it on this forum thread.  Never got a response on that question! big_smile

I also see that the site is suspended. I suspect it will come right back in a day or two though; if we can all repeat this a few times maybe google will take notice as well.  I wonder how many DMCA's google got this time around. 

I'm willing to spend a little time and effort to stop the thieves; I hate 'em with a passion.

2. Rebecca E. profile image77
              Rebecca E.posted 12 years agoin reply to this

keep it up they will be ont eh move I am sure.

3. wilderness profile image93

One of the things I pointed out was that even if hostable is not legally liable word will spread about the type of thing they host and business (and probably traffic as google will likely take steps as well) will fall badly.  As Google has repeatedly stated they don't like duplicate content, and as they are quite capable of stopping search engine traffic almost entirely, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them virtually shut down a hosting company that ignores thieving sites like 68.

The host is legally liable. They own and operate the hardware that is enabling the theft.

It is their responsibility to manage their users and clients.

26. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

All of our hubs have a copyright notice right at the foot of each page.

27. Rebecca E. profile image77
    Rebecca E.posted 12 years ago

Snet 15 more complaints, and noticed account is suspended--- for now, but I suspect knowing these guys they will be back up.

1. Rebecca E. profile image77
      Rebecca E.posted 12 years agoin reply to this

sorry for the mis-spells spent the last 3 hours sending DMCA to Google.

28. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 12 years ago

Unfortunately anyone can buy and make a reseller account. It's as easy as buying a pair of shoes online.

Often the people that buy them have no idea of the laws, they are just doing it to make money. I myself have 5 different reseller hosting accounts, but all the sites on them are my own. smile

It actually is better to try to contact the main host, as all reseller accounts are simply accounts under the main host. However I guess that's hard to find out. hmm

29. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Thanks, melbel.  I asked in a different thread (on the same subject) for some kind of script/template that could be used in a phone conversation, and your transcript fits the bill perfectly.

I e-mailed hostable earlier, and I sent DMCA's to Google, along with a note (where possible) that I thought 68articles' Adsense account should be cancelled, because the same thing keeps happening over and over again.

When I was doing some searching about this subject, I ran across a link to a thread on one Google forum that asked whether anything could be done about 68articles.  I didn't read the thread, but I thought it was interesting to see others trying to address the problem that way too.

30. profile image51
    Smtihoposted 12 years ago

If you know that your content was on this site the last time, I would highly recommend still submitting complaints to abuse@hostable.com and even abuse@brinkster.com (Brinkster is their parent company) and this should convince them to not turn his site back on. Because he is suspended, they can still re-enable it and it will be back online. You know he will remove your posts and then just re post them later hoping that no one notices...

31. TinaAtHome profile image65
    TinaAtHomeposted 12 years ago

We did it! The account has been suspended. Just keep checking he doesn't do it again.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes, I just noticed that too, after they reposted our hubs. I was going to suggest we all write bad press against them if nothing was getting through

32. tonymac04 profile image71
    tonymac04posted 12 years ago

I guess eternal vigilance is the price of freedom! Let's keep an eye out for this guy in case he pops up somewhere else with our stuff.

33. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

I think this guy is hosting his website under reseller hosting account. This is the reason support staff that you see is ignorant about DMCA and copyright laws. Anyone can setup reseller hosting accounts these days and use their own staff/friends in live chat support section.

34. Sufidreamer profile image77
    Sufidreamerposted 12 years ago

I would like to say thanks to Wilderness, Tinaathome and all the rest who gave up their time calling/IMing the company - it is much appreciated. smile

I hope that Google will finally suspend this thieving idiot's account.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're Welcome Mate.... This is the 4th Time now for both Josh and I! sad

35. profile image52
    LaLa.Jposted 12 years ago

RE:  68articles.com

Hi.

I'm new here, but have been following this dilemma. 

I notice that 68articles.com allegedly shares an AdSense account with a site called 68share.com.

If the two do share an AdSense account, or if one is the primary account holder of their AdSense account -- maybe Google should be made aware of it.  I thought AdSense pages were bound by tos that had policies against duplicate content, scraping, etc.

Both 68articles and 68share show server location as Provo, Utah....but I'm not sure how up-to-date that info is....

I tried pasting a screenshot below, but doesn't look like it's working....

Here is the link to the page where the AdSense info appears:

http://sitelogiq.com/68articles.com

36. rmr profile image67
    rmrposted 12 years ago

Hmm, if you go to the site now, it takes you to what appears to be a login page for a Hostgator account. I wonder if he's rebuilding.

I caught that a few minutes ago.  Like you I wonder if he's already rebuilding.  It might pay to keep an eye open.

1. rmr profile image67
        rmrposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm following him on Twitter for that very reason. I want to know when he starts promoting stolen content again.

HostGator, luckily, will be easier to work with than hostable or whatever in getting it removed. Keep on the AdSense train, though.

37. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

I'm blogging about these autoblogs now on tumblr (autblogwatch). I don't know if this helps or not, anyway as long as tumblr allows me to post against these creeps.. wink

38. rmr profile image67
    rmrposted 12 years ago

He's back. I just checked and got the Hostgator page again, but when I cleared my cache and tried again, the site popped right up. Time to get busy again.

1. Sufidreamer profile image77
      Sufidreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It looks like he is using articlesbase content at the moment, without including live links back to the author hmm

1. rmr profile image67
        rmrposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I searched a few hubber names and found Patty Inglish and some others still there. I just looked again and they're gone. Maybe he's learning not to mess with Hubbers.

Looks like most of the Info Barrel articles are gone, too.

39. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 12 years ago

If you copy and paste the first sentence of each article on the front page into Google search, you will see they are all copied from other sites. hmm

40. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Does anyone know the status of this creep now?

I just spent a few minutes there. It's weird the way he has things set up so that you can only view one page of summaries.  When I clicked on the link for an article (because it resembled a title here on HP), it just refreshed back to the page I was already on.  I tried several different tactics for viewing different parts of the site to see what was there, but I didn't really get anywhere. (I did manage to get to the sign-up/sign-in page.  But there was nothing on the "blog" nor FAQ pages.)

Have any Hubbers who write on different sites communicated with the authors on those other sites about 68a's? I guess per rmr that Info Barrel knows.  Does Articlebase?  Others?

41. melbel profile image93

He's back at it. Anyone got current hosting info? Still hostgator or not?

I'm waiting for some of my stuff to pop back up on there so that I can report him to AdSense as I was also getting the "crap" message from AdSense before.

42. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Pearldiver has set up a new thread on the new site at:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/72673

I've posted details on that thread of an author name on 68articles under which a number of stolen hubs have appeared. You may wish to check this out to see if any of your hubs are there.

1. melbel profile image93

Nope, none of mine appeared on the list as of yet, but usually he takes a while after setting up shop again. Last time it took about three or four days of the site being active before getting all our articles up.

I've had copyright violations in the past by a person named zeeshan. I will expand on that later, it was on something other than 68articles.com.

Also, it's important to remember when using the gentleman's site that hitting enter just refreshes the current page, a product of bad programming. There is also a transcript I've used to get rid of 68articles.com that I had with their host. It's proven helpful in both this case and run-ins with copyright infringement I've had in the past:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/71908?page=7

Also, http://www.hubdefender.com is great for finding whether or not someone has copied your content, although 68articles.com doesn't appear on hubdefender, possibly because Google has little time to index stuff from 68articles.com due to their pick-up-and-go way of handling their affairs.

43. newmember profile image60
    newmemberposted 12 years ago

Hello, thank you to sunforge to show the process to file dmca. Some of my blog content being copied, then I find this thread. But I'm totally lost on what to fill on "avatar" and "My Product ID". Can someone here please light me up?
    Thank you, any help appreciated.

1. newmember profile image60
      newmemberposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Never mind... I was just clueless. I click the "submit" without filling the avatar and PID then resulted in html page. I'll save the page and edit it. Thankyou, it makes my life easier.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)