dream is a connection between us and God!! what do u think?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (37 posts)
  1. profile image52
    kanwal.mansoorposted 13 years ago

for me its a connection between God he shows us ways in dreams!

1. profile image52
      nalysale58posted 13 years agoin reply to this

its not exact connection to god.we can say daily remebrance or tragedy or events come to our mind and being dreams.no connection with God

1. profile image52
        kanwal.mansoorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i disgree with you because ssomtimes we see such things which we had never seen before and sometimes we get answers from God to our problem...we see ways  in dreams!

2. kittythedreamer profile image74
      kittythedreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i agree, kanwal...but i don't believe that every dream is a direct connection with god; however, i have had some VERY beautiful dreams in which i felt god was speaking to me through them...or showing me beauty like i could never see here on earth.

1. profile image52

Yes true God speaks to us! i tell you why i think dream is a direct connection with God because our subconcious is our spirit so when we sleep our conciousness goes and subconcious takes place that is our spirit which God has given us when we sleep we are dead our spirit goes to God! so all we see and experience in our dream is our another life which is our real life where we have to go back after death!

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's a connection to your inner potential of your mind. You give yourself answers in your dreams. What isn't realized is that the true power of learning comes from everything and everyone.

You learn more than aware, because of lack of importance, due to one's focus at the time. However, the mind retains and hold knowledge, aside from what you actively know.

Sorry, no god required.

4. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Totally true. I know for a fact that God communicates with each of us through our dreams. Question is are we paying attention? I know I do.

1. Cagsil profile image70

Hey Dave, you should seriously refrain from using the "each of us", with regards to your belief in a god. You want to think that some other authority other than you is guiding your life, then that is fine. But, that's as far as you can go, before it becomes a conflict with others.

Your god, rules YOU and no one else. Your religion/belief is on a personal level type relationship, so keep it that way.

1. Dave Mathews profile image61
          Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Conflict or not, it is better that they know the truth.

1. kittythedreamer profile image74

no need to argue, gentlemen...it's supposed to be a serene and insightful forum post. smile

Forums are for discussions. wink

2. Cagsil profile image70

Truth? lol

2. profile image52

you are ruling urself and ur life right cagsil? so can u please answer me one more question howu will overcome death?

I don't need to overcome death. lol I've accepted the fact that I am going to die some day and it is completely outside my control.

Besides, only the gullible wants to live forever. It just goes to show that they are incapable of actually grasping the concept of "eternal", "eternity" and/or "infinity".

5. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sure it is; but dreams and visions need to be correctly interpreted. Some dreams generate in our inner dirty selves and are not connected with the Creator-God:

[12:44] And the King said, ‘I see in a dream seven fat kine which seven lean ones eat up, and seven green ears of corn and seven others withered. O ye chiefs, explain to me the meaning of my dream if you can interpret a dream.’
      [12:45] They replied, ‘They are confused dreams, and we do not know the interpretation of such confused dreams.’
      [12:46] And he of the two who had escaped, and who now remembered after a time, said, ‘I will let you know its interpretation, therefore send ye me.’
      [12:47] ‘Joseph! O thou man of truth, explain to us the meaning of seven fat kine which seven lean ones devour, and of seven green ears of corn and seven others withered; that I may return to the people so that they may know.’
      [12:48] He replied, ‘You shall sow for seven years, working hard and continuously, and leave what you reap in its ear, except a little which you shall eat.
      [12:49] ‘Then there shall come after that seven hard years which shall consume all that you shall have laid by in advance for them except a little which you may preserve.
      [12:50] ‘Then there shall come after that a year in which people shall be relieved and in which they shall give presents to each other.’
      http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=44

1. profile image52

yes its amazing! God is great!

6. profile image0
      CollBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For me, dreams are a connection to our subconscious. 

It's when we mull over certain things over and over, they manifest themselves in our dreams as a way of saying, they are weighing heavily on our minds.

Perhaps God has something to do with it but I've never dreamt about God, nor are my dreams about spiritual beings.

1. profile image52

what is our subconcious according to you?

2. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

my grandpa came up with this:when we're asleep we're in heaven when we're awake we are in hell. odd but makes some sense.

1. profile image52

yes it makes sense!

2. kittythedreamer profile image74

i like it, optimus!

3. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

I suppose you have sweet dreams.

I would feel very uncomfortable thinking any supernatural being was involved in the discombobulated scenarios that make up my dreams and nightmares.

1. kittythedreamer profile image74

the thing with nightmares is that many times they don't turn out to be as bad as they seem..if you can let them play out fully. if they are still that scary maybe you need to try to revisit the nightmare and confront your fears head on...it's worked for me! smile

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually you are right about the nightmare thing. I did have a recurring nightmare once and I finally told mself I wouldn't run away the next time I had the dream and I never had the chance to prove it, because the nightmares stopped once I said that.

1. profile image52

the nightmare was an alert for you from God!

Conjecture and assumption. hmm

2. profile image0

No, I'm pretty sure it was my subconscious. Trust me.

4. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 13 years ago

Err no. Not unless being chased around the Starship Enterprise by a flying biro; watching a jellyfish being impaled on a dartboard; or going to work in just my underpants, have any kind of connection to God explanation.

Dreams are just your brain running through bizarre thoughts; sometimes entertaining, sometimes scary, but incredibly boring for other people to have to listen to.

1. profile image52

if this is really your dream!!!!!!! than there must be a connection with God! but this not your dream!

5. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Dreams are massively complex and intriguing as far as I can see. The subconscious does not readily allow information to be understood by the conscious mind directly, and for very good reason. It will create nothing but confusion and fear.
    If we ignore our dreams, however we run the risk of finding a better direction for our lives. We may not know much about self consciously, but the subconscious does.

Dream analysis is best done by qualified psychologists with years of examining their own dreams in a learning environment and having gone through dream therapy themselves.

I have some experience in dream therapy as I spent 3 years writing down my dreams every night for analysis. It is emotionally exhausting and becomes increasingly confronting to consciously held beliefs, so the ego wants no part of it.

It is also the high road to the unconscious, allowing access to inner drive and motivation, as well as all the nasty stuff that comes up, which is useful for discussion during therapy sessions resulting in a better understanding of how to deal with the darker side of self.
    I found out enough to build a happier life from my dreams. smile

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That sounds very Holywood.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, I wouldn't know too much about hollywood, I find it hard to imagine anyone in hollywood waking themselves from rem sleep every night for three years! lol lol
        ...... but I can recommend dream therapy as something that works for some people.

1. profile image0

I never thought most dreams were anything more than your brain sloughing off information, and moving information out of short term memory into long term. I assumed the dreams came from the images passing each other in the process. So, you found clear evidence of subconscious thoughts that needed to come to the surface? That's pretty cool.

Yes I did find that to be true. As the dreams progress and they are more readily accepted consciously they change and become more intense, with vivid colors. They become more like a movie that you are in the midst of.(Hollywood?) Finally, and apparently this is always the case, a dream appears known as the dark sea journey which is about death and if misunderstood can be a real scary one!

At this point dream therapy is almost over, the rest is done in therapy over a couple of months. It was great.

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't often recall my dreams, but if I do, it's always a mish-mash of things I thought about that day, or said or something that is bothering me, all blended into something weird and wonderful.

It seems we all dream we just don't remember all of them unless we have a mind to. With practise I learned to wake from deep sleep at the same time each morning, (3.am exactly) to record my dreams. I didn't even use an alarm clock after 1 month of doing this. The trick is to write it down without analyzing anything, or even waking up fully. Then go back to sleep.These mid sleep dreams are  very instructive.

Those dreams we have when waking are often when in a state of revery where imagination and new ideas can surface.

All my business plans were born in this half awake state of mind, along with poetry and inventions that seem to float in to my mind.
        My father and his brother were both inventors, my uncle retiring on the proceeds of one of his inventions.
        I forgot to ask either of them how they came up with their ideas when they were around.  smile

6. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 13 years ago

Though heavenly intervention can and does occur it is also the exception.  Dreams are heavily dependent on personal current events, physical and emotional conditions and desires.  Often the answers you seek in dreams are already there.  Either you need more sleep, worry too much, out of shape, suffer depression or are currently under the influence of "other" substances.  That last one especially if you are seeing floating blue objects.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)