Rugby Fans?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (23 posts)
  1. MrNick profile image60
    MrNickposted 13 years ago

Seems there's not many on here.  My first post on hubpages forums so I naturally went where I feel most comfortable - to where there is rugby!

If you DO support rugby let me know!

About me

Ospreys Fan
    Mad Welsh Bloke
    Still play (in London - Old Alleynians)
    Have a couple of rugby blogs (I am that obsessed)
    Contribute to a few rugby forums
    Try to blag a press pass from time to time.  Sometimes successfully

1. profile image53
      Rugby 118posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Mr Nick. Yep, seem to be more American sport focussed on here. Maybe we can change that?

About me:
      Massive rugby fan (Leicester (did my Masters there) or Plymouth Albion(home town))
      Still play, now living in Bermuda and have played for the national team! 3 year residency rule smile
      Blog a little on rugby
      Got a rugby website: www.rugby118.com
      Try to watch as much rugby as I can. We get the Rugby Classic over here which is a lot of fun, but not quite the same
      Really nervous about the Grand Slam game today in Dublin!

1. profile image49
        CentreSportsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Leicester? My dad played a few games with the Tigers in late 40's so I'm a fan.  I still have a run around with Golden Oldies.  It still hurts and loving it.  Enjoying the change in climate I would imagine.  Good luck.

2. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years ago

I don't particularly watch rugby, but I played for one season while I was in the Marines. So I do have an appreciation for the game.

Don't be afraid to post links to your blogs in your profile.

3. jantamaya profile image60
    jantamayaposted 13 years ago

Help! What is rugby!? I love Redskins (Washington D.C.! :-) But they aren't winning. :-\ Coach Shanahan is fault!

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
      EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 13 years agoin reply to this
  4. Donnacha C profile image71
    Donnacha Cposted 13 years ago

I love, love rugby! Passionatly supporting Munster and Ireland of course! I cannot wait for the World Cup, in the meantime there is 6 Nations and Heineken Cup to enjoy.

1. clarec profile image59
      clarecposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Donnacha I'm with you on that. Munster all the way! Looking forward to the match on Sunday.

5. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 13 years ago

Huge Rugby fan here!

England supporter (lived in Wales 30 years so my life was interesting at times LOL).
    Life long Pontypridd supporter - went to school with Neil Jenkins - one of the greatest kickers ever!
    In the USA now - not much Rubgy over here - sevens gets coverage though, BBC America shows some of the six nations, and there is a lot of Rugby League on too!

6. M A Williams profile image76
    M A Williamsposted 13 years ago

I'm a big rugby fan too. Seems like there are a few hubs popping up at the moment, especially with the world cup this year. I'm working my way through writing some rugby 101 type hubs at the moment.

7. travelespresso profile image68
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

World Cup Rugby is in New Zealand later this year!  New Zealand won the first ever Rugby World Cup but since then have been also rans.

I'm cheering for a NZ victory on home soil!

8. Midnight Oil profile image83
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

Big rugby fan here - with a name like mine,  I am fan of the Jones brothers or better know as Wales !

It's fun in our house at the moment with the Six Nations on as my wife is French and loves rugby too. 

Looking forward to the world cup later this year, but I only think France out of the northern hemisphere has a chance..

1. M A Williams profile image76
      M A Williamsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

England looking very good at the moment too Midnight Oil.

1. Midnight Oil profile image83
        Midnight Oilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would like to see how they do during the rest of the six nations first - Beating Italy is no big deal.  Let's see the fair against France this coming weekend...

9. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

New Zealand for World Cup 2011 smile

I have missed Rugby since being in the USA,but they just got done hosting the Rugby 7's in LA..so good for you USA!

(I understand there are a few rugby clubs around and there is website dedicated to USA Rugby Team (Eagles) online,in preparation for the Rugby Worlds in NZ)

I also support the Pittsburgh Steelers tongue

1. Midnight Oil profile image83
      Midnight Oilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

New Zealand as the home team will probably win it no problem wink

Although, it seems that its only France that are any chance of beating the All Blacks.

10. Jamesmbailey profile image60
    Jamesmbaileyposted 13 years ago

Big Wasps fan here. Trying to wright a decent piece for the world cup.  Would Love England to do it again but the winners should be New Zealand.

11. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

By rugby, of course you mean hockey, right?

12. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 13 years ago

I like rugby, although I don't get to see much over here. I'm a Warrington Wolves fan smile

13. Brent Hale profile image60
    Brent Haleposted 13 years ago

I played three years of college rugby in the United States. It's definitely growing.

A couple of summers ago I spent some time playing for a club in Durban, South Africa, so I'm a big fan of the Natal Sharks. My favorite player is Shane Williams. He reminds me of what Wes Welker is to the NFL. The small quick guy who makes the big guys look silly.

14. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

i would play it if we had a league here

15. profile image85
    SeedyKiwiposted 13 years ago

As my name suggests I'm a kiwi so rugby is ine the blood so to speak.. I live in Aussie now so don't follow it as much as I used to, but still like to keep tabs on the super 14, tri nations, six nations etc..

Just recently watched A classic All Blacks side take on a Classic  Wallabies Side.

Was awesome to see guys like Jeff Wilson, Christian Cullen, Justin Marshall, Frank Bunce, Ian Jones, Reuben Thorne for the ABs and George Gregan, David Campese, Pat Howard, Tim Horan, Chris Latham for the Wallabies, all running around on the same field at the same time. Was all for charity but was still a great game of rugger

1. M A Williams profile image76
      M A Williamsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From what I heard about the game, some guys like Wilson and Osbourne still wouldn't look out of place in the black jersey!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)