I just had my first click through in two days...normal?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (26 posts)
  1. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 15 years ago

I've been on Adsense since the 20th and have about 77 hub views (for all 8 of my hubs) and one click-through. Am I headed in the right direction? It's been two days now...what was your first week or so like?

I know that some folks say that it takes months for them to see substantial earnings. I'd be happy with $20 a month as this is just a really fun hobby. I'm totally addicted, already!

Any advice is well appreciated. Thanks in advance! big_smile

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Bravo!
      You are write in the path. Many hubbers experienced first click after a month or two.
      You are little faster in comparison to an average. congratulations!
      Writing more hubs, viewing and commenting on others hubs, joining fan clubs and posting fan mails will increase traffic and clicks.
      If you take it as hobby, please do not bother for $20. It will come naturally.
      Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

2. gamergirl profile image83
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Yeah! The first click is something to celebrate. smile

May you have many, many more.

3. profile image0

thanks for your response!

4. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

keep writing that is the key, and the ball will be rollin.

5. flread45 profile image60
    flread45posted 15 years ago

Keep writing and the clicks will keep coming.

6. Frieda Babbley profile image81
    Frieda Babbleyposted 15 years ago

Congratulations on your first click.  I don't remember when mine was, but it certainly wasn't that fast, so kudos to you!  Keep on writing, sister!

7. accofranco profile image78
    accofrancoposted 15 years ago

Congrats girl girl! This is really wonderful to hear. Don't be too amazed because more is coming your way soon! I wish you more views and ad clicks. And you must start to give out your hub url to people, that will really help. Submit your hubs here free: http://submitexpress.com/ and http://searchenginez.com/submit.html. Good luck!

8. profile image0

Thanks for those links! Headed over to check them out right now.

1. accofranco profile image78
      accofrancoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Best of luck. I just checked out your hub on making money sites, they are cool,keep them coming surely you will make it ok?

9. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Blind leading blind lol Internet marketing at its finest lol

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Misha - I'm not giving folks advice on how to make lots of money online. I have no experience, whatsoever with that. This person was referring to a hub where I just elaborate upon how I make a few bucks by using websites that are fun to use. Just thought I'd clear that up. smile

2. accofranco profile image78

Here they come...! And i didn't here about how i owe the links or how they fetch me some scams or bucks? And please interpol is watching,if you make use of any of the links, chains, jail and gas chamber! O my...G! Misha take it easy with me, we are all one in one family, never meant to hurt. Just drop any clue you have to help this new hubber, she's full of virtues and power, check her hubs out, sure you will love them. Take care.

10. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Acco, you are not helping, you are hurting. Submitting to search engines is a complete waste of time. Hubs generally get indexed pretty fast, within hours, but if you want it to happen even faster on average, just ping your new hub...

Girly, I mostly meant Acco, thanks for clarification though smile

1. accofranco profile image78

Please Misha how do you ping a new hub? I would love to learn too. Thanks!

2. Lissie profile image75
      Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Its unbelievable that that old fallacy won't die! There are only 3 search engines that matter, there is only one which brings any substantial traffic. Internet marketing 101:
      - develop a site/page which is focussed on buying keywords which aren't too competitve
      - build backlinks to the site which are anchored for your keywords
      - rinse and repeat

its not fun, glamourous, or easy -but do the work you will make money

11. ajayrjha profile image36
    ajayrjhaposted 15 years ago

You are lucky, I am not. Join my fan club. Thanks in advance

12. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago
    1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm headed over to autopinger.com right now. Thank you, Misha!

13. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

yw smile

14. accofranco profile image78
    accofrancoposted 15 years ago

Misha thanks, i am happy girly is learning some tricks now on how to increase her hub views and ad clicks, "girly" expect more help ok? And do ask questions where you are confused, there are alot of experts here to assist you. Good luck and bravo!

15. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Listen to lissie! She knows how to do it and always offers sound advice.

16. lindagoffigan profile image56
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

Content is king. If you write with relevancy on topics about everyday living, you will do fine.  Check your earnings the same time daily and do not get disillusioned. 

Your earnings will not increase if you do not write and contribute content consistently.  Set a number of articles you plan to write everyday and stick with it.  Based on relevancy and interest to others, your earnings should increase.

Also read up on Google Adsense and Keyword search to learn about ad placement and  optimizing your writing . Be careful about using tools outside of hubpages or you may get banned.  Hubpages has a good relationship with the Google search engine and the content capsules are quite helpful.

Hubpages just had maintenance done on the site a few days ago and sometimes that will cause a slight change in what you are use to seeing in your analytics. Everything gets back to normal quickly, so do not be concerned about a slight change in what you are use to seeing.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Care to prove this?

And this, too?

Which exactly tools do you mean? And banned from where?

What exactly HP maintenance changes on GA?

smile

17. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

I've been in hubpages three months and I've had a total of five clicks.  I'm maybe ten percent of the way to making my first nickel working through HubPages.  I'll be really old before that happens.  I write here because I enjoy it.  There are good people here taking the time to read what I write and that is a very good thing.

18. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

$20 a month is the 3rd goal many look at achieving. It starts with $5 a month, then $10, then doubles to $20. If you think of this as a hobby, don't worry about the money-it will come over time as you provide your "hobby products" with viewers.

~thranax~

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)