"Christian love"; explained

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (100 posts)
  1. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

paarsurrey wrote:

What is Christian Love

Paul and the Church founded the Christian Religion; and it started by a fiction; the Father Killing a Son; so cruelty is the theme of the Christian Religion; not love.

Love is just to allure the common people to the fold of the Church or churchianity.

Jesus had got nothing to do with this religion that Paul and the Church founded while Jesus had gone to India after when he escaped from a cursed killing on the cross; in Jesus' absence they started this misnomer in his name"Christ", only to mislead the people.

Just Curious wrote:

Um, if the OP said something like 'what makes  one an Ahmadi muslim' that would be a pretty good answer.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/71883?p … ost1570334

1. luvpassion profile image63
      luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did they have malls in india then? Cause if they didn't Reo would be better. wink

2. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paar you lie here with that reference. The exact quote was that you weren't addressing the question asked by the OP. Is it the teaching of your faith to lie? This appears to be the point you are making. I suppose since most religionists agree that if a person lies they cannot be a prophet of a god; I would assume it would follow that if the philosophy included a belief that it is ok for the followers to lie, that makes the false prophet a lier also? I don't know. Seems to me that follows. What do you think?

3. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In jesus' absence.... LOL.. obviously jesus has some power to "escape the cross" as you put it paar... so how come jesus allowed himself to be absent while this misnomer of christianity was being perpetuated by paul and the church.

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus was a Son of Man/woman; he had no power.

So Paul and the Anti-Christ flourished; though Jesus has forwarned the sheep beforhand of Paul's nasty doings:

"Paul of Tarsus: A wolf in sheeps clothing

While he was alive, In the flesh, Jesus warned us to beware of wolves in sheeps clothing.

Jacob prophesied: "Benjamen shall ravin as a wolf ".  Jesus warned us to beware of Benjamites entering into the sheepfold.

Sheep do not kill.  Wolves do.  Jesus warned us to beware of killers who enter into the church and teach doctrines of killing and sacrifice.

He also told us to beware of the leavenof the Pharisees.  Leaven takes a small measure of grain and greatly expands it.  When Jesus fed the 5000 in the wilderness he showed us a living parable of the leaven of the Pharisees.  He handed out a few loaves and fishes, representing his few commandments, and when they returned to him, they had multiplied and expanded into 12 baskets full of refuse, unusable doctrine.

Paul was a Pharisee, of the tribe of Benjamen, a self confessed murderer of the saints, who greatly expanded upon the words of Christ.  He was the one Jesus warned us about.  He taught many things that Christ did not teach.

John went out with Paul, to try him, and when he saw Paul do the works of darkness, and curse and blind  a man, John parted company with him.  He understood that Christ came to give men sight, not to blind them.  He understood that Paul did the works of darkness, and not the works of light.

Paul laments that ALL the churches of Asia have rejected him.  The book of Revelation is written to the 7 churches of Asia, that rejected Paul, and one letter says:   I know you have tried them that say they are apostles  but are not, and you have found them liars. 

Pauls doctrine is his own, and not Christ's, neither can these two gospels be reconciled."

http://inthenameofheaven.blogspot.com/2 … thing.html

4. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was going to respond to this...then I saw that it was just more nonsense from paarsurrey hmm

2. profile image50

The Christian say "God is love"; this expression is not from Jesus; why publicise it as a core Christian belief then?

1. profile image0

So, what about the conversation on the false prophet mohamed. You promised we'd talk.

2. profile image50

Love has different connotations and meaning; not very suitable to explain realtionship between the Creator-God and the human beings.

The better word is mercy or grace:

[1:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … r.php?ch=1

1. profile image0

As I told you paar. As long as you leave this thread here I will ask you, on every post, to explain your ideas on the false prophet mohamed. You promised we would talk. smile

1. ceciliabeltran profile image63
          ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mohammed is not a false prophet. There are only false understandings to what he said because some bozo began imposing his understanding on another and declared it law.

1. profile image0

You cannot be serious. You think he was a prophet? You honestly believe the angel Gabriel spoon fed him the words of the quran? I'm afraid I don't buy that.

No. I think he had a role in that part of the world in their context. A prophet is a messenger. Now we may not agree with the message because we are not in that mindset, but at the time mohammed brought order to the beduoins.

"Gabriel spoon-fed him"

Gabriel is angel of truth. Truth spoon-fed Mohammed. He spoke from what was true to him.

1. profile image0

I would disagree with your whole post, on several levels; but that is neither here nor there. 'Truth' is certainly a word used in fascinating contexts. Thanks for sharing an interesting take on the subject. smile

you can disagree of course but i will belabor that a belief in a prophet denotes a belief in tadah a God that actually chooses real prophets.

I define prophet as they are in mundane terms, a man with a message he believes came from God that offers transcendence.

How could you say Jesus is a real prophet and Mohammed not.When Jesus is supposedly NOT a prophet but a son of G-d. Buddha is not a prophet because he is an ascended master.

As a matter of fact, Mohammed is a prophet, like Isaiah because he bears a message from G-d.

Jesus and Buddha however are masters. They are God in man. Do you see the distinction?

1. profile image50
                  2. profile image0

I'm not actually saying anyone is a prophet. I simply thought you were using the term prophet as it is normally defined. I was somewhat shocked you considered Mohamed to fit the bill. If you define it this way, ok. Sounds more than reasonable.

2. profile image50

I appreciate your post.

Thanks

3. Beelzedad profile image59
                Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How are we to rationalize this contradiction?

What does your mindset have to do with anything? As you say, "Gabriel is angel of truth. Truth spoon-fed Mohammed."

In other words, they were words of truth from a god delivered by an angel, hence are words you must live by if you believe in gods.

If you use the argument that your mindset does not agree with those words, then you are disagreeing with the words of a god and are hence sinning.

How do you justify your dilemma without invoking what you want to believe as opposed to what you are supposed to believe as ordered by gods? smile

once again, you miss the point. I am explaining symbology while you are wrangling about god this and god that.

1. Beelzedad profile image59

Presenting an obvious contradiction in terms of explaining "symbology" or explaining five pin bowling would make accepting your take on symbolism or bowling that much less valid. smile

2. profile image50
      2. profile image50
        1. profile image0

So paar, exactly when did you realize Jama'at Ahmadiyya wasn't anything other than a simple guy. Was that before, or after, you declared Mohamad was no prophet? Do tell the whole story. I'm curious.

1. aka-dj profile image66
            aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It seems he'd rather answer himself than you.

He's the only one i've seen who answers his own posts. Probably trying to restart a thread everyone else is ignoring, or over.

I personally wish he'd comment on his own religion, than telling all christians how wrong the Bible is, and such.
            I've told him so, but never got a reply, nor has he stopped. hmm

1. profile image0

Yes, and I'm tired of him taking snippets of a post and turning them into a thread completely opposite of what was said. I warned him what I would do if he didn't back down. Apparently, four cats in a window isn't threatening enough. I'm going to have to get a new avatar.

1. profile image0
                Motown2Chitownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, four cats don't really seem all that threatening, just_curious...lol 

wink

1. profile image0

I know, but I love the picture. When I'm yakking on this forum my head has an image of all of our avatars, walking around like bobble heads talking to each other. The cats make me laugh when they're talking, so I can't really change them.

1. profile image0
                    Motown2Chitownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think I'm gonna make my avatar my sassy teenage cat, Po.  He's also known as John Cougar Mellencat on occasion, depending on his mood!  If I catch him at the right angle, I can get him to look fierce!

smile

*bobble, bobble*

3. mecheil profile image60
        mecheilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

[1:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.

being gracious and merciful are two characteristics of god that is brought about by love.

by the way paar, don't you know that allah is not even god's personal name, but simply another term for "god".

1. profile image50

The Creator-God has let us know His name and His attributes very clearly; Bible has failed in it though:

[20:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
          [20:2] Ta Ha.
          [20:3] We have not sent down the Qur’an to thee that thou shouldst be distressed,
          [20:4] But as an exhortation for him who fears God,
          [20:5] And a revelation from Him Who created the earth and the high heavens.
          [20:6] He is the Gracious God Who has settled Himself on the Throne.
          [20:7] To Him belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth, and whatsoever is between them, and whatsoever is beneath the moist subsoil.
          [20:8] And if thou speakest aloud, it makes no difference, for He knows the secret thought and what is yet more hidden.
          [20:9] Allah — there is no God but He. His are the most beautiful names.
          [20:10] And has the story of Moses come to thee?

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … mp;verse=0

1. Beelzedad profile image59

[25 or 6 to 4] Ta Da.

1. profile image50

Please quote or give correct references; I don't get it.

3. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1 John 4:8 (King James Version)
      He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1. profile image50

It is not from Jesus like I said:

[6] We are of God. He that knoweth God, heareth us. He that is not of God, heareth us not. By this we know the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error. [7] Dearly beloved, let us love one another, for charity is of God. And every one that loveth, is born of God, and knoweth God.

[8] He that loveth not, knoweth not God: for God is charity.

[9] By this hath the charity of God appeared towards us, because God hath sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we may live by him. [10] In this is charity: not as though we had loved God, but because he hath first loved us, and sent his Son to be a propitiation for our sins.
        1st Epistle Of Saint John Chapter 4
        http://www.drbo.org/chapter/69004.htm

It is manipulation from Protestant Church.

1. profile image0

"Charity is the pure love of Christ." -Moroni 7:47

1. profile image50

Neither from the OT nor from the NT.

1. profile image0

It's quite the stumbling block, isn't it.
              The passage with it's complete and accurate translation as dictated by a prophet of God who supports the new testament in it's entirety.

4. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Especially when so many "Christians" are so hate-filled!
      Judgemental and mean. Taunting and petty. Spiteful, without class.
      They talk the talk only. They do not enter the narrow way. Use the name, ignore the tenants.

"Love your neighbor as yourself."......when do you ever see this here?

Instead, you sense a strain of real venom.
      And that is anti-thetical to Christ, isn't it?

I'm sorry you have come across many like that.
        Sadly, you are correct, this is not becoming of a one calling themselves Christian.

2. profile image50
  3. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Paar, let me ask you a question.

Nevermind "christian love"- but just Love.

I reject "christian love", because it's associated with "godly love" or "god is love" or "love comes from god", which is actually a joke.

Love itself - Teachings lead people to believe that they must love themselves before they love others, but are to love others.

Love itself - Is show in actions of the individual, it speaks about how they love themselves and how they love others.

So, that leaves me with my question- Would you die for a complete stranger?

Please remember, to do so, requires full conscious awareness of the consequences. But would you give your life up for a complete stranger?

4. profile image50

Christian religion starts with mythical killing by a father a son;a very bad start and a role model; and then they preach love.

Is it not weird?

No-one is interested.
      Why do you try to revive these useless threads?
      You should just write hubs. I notice you only have two.

I see, you probably wouldn't get many readers. I guess that explains everything. lol

1. profile image50

How do you know? People want to know the Truth; Christianity cannot hide behind myths.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
          Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why not? Your religion does.

1. profile image50

So, you support that Christianity should live in myths. Why?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
              Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do not edit my quotes to make it appear that I said something i did not again.

This is why your religion causes so many conflicts.

2. aka-dj profile image66

Write some hubs.
          That's mostly what this site is about, isn't it?

3. ceciliabeltran profile image63

The people of Islam is also right in the thick of its myths living it as though they were literal truths. Covering the women to hide a man's lust. Banning alcohol to control man's vices. It is all external control and no internal understanding of Mohammad's teachings. Mohammad was teaching respect for women and encouraging clear-thinking. His followers misunderstood.

A true muslim does not need to cover a woman's face and body.
          A true muslim would not be drunk in the presence of so much wine.
          A true muslim would see a Christian as his brother in Allah.

Stop your war-mongering and be a true Muslim.

1. profile image0
            Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"god" I love your mind...

smile hello James!

1. profile image0

`ello, sunshine, did you miss me?
                {{ have been busy with some techie work. whats news? }}

are you flirting with me James? smile but yes...I've been busy too, I shall tell you some time when it is done.

1. profile image0

Absolutely! but don`t tell Ronnie big_smile
                    I was in-town a few weeks back, UWS, my old stopping ground.
                    New Avery Hall looks amazing! Tons of aspiring Julliard's everywhere.

James.

2. Beelzedad profile image59

No more weird than Muhammad starting wars and his followers conquering most of the known world killing everyone in their path who didn't accept Islam.

And, then they preach peace. How weird is that? smile

5. DoubleScorpion profile image77
    DoubleScorpionposted 13 years ago

Not to poke the bear...but a Prophet/ess is nothing more than a "seer" who is believed to have received thier message from a divine source.

1. profile image50

A person with a Message from the Creator-God Allah YHWH is called a messenger or prophet in the Revealed Religion:

[72:27] He* is the Knower of the unseen; and He reveals not His secrets to any one,
      [72:28] Except to him whom He* chooses, namely a Messenger of His. And then He causes an escort of guarding angels to go before him and behind him,
      [72:29] That He may know that they (His Messengers) have delivered the Messages of their Lord. And He encompasses all that is with them and He keeps count of all things.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=26

*The Creator-God.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
        DoubleScorpionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is what I said. I just used simplier terms and skipped the references to religious texts.

1. profile image50

I agree with you.

Our friend "just curious" took it as if idea was the essence of your argument; message is the more proper word that is why the prophets are called messengers of the Creator-God also.

Not a point of conflict

Thanks and regards

6. thebrucebeat profile image60
    thebrucebeatposted 13 years ago

He may have had a message of correction, but noone who heard him would survive to act on them.  Prophets were to bring people back to proper living.  That was clearly not Noah's purpose.

7. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 13 years ago

John 14-
    23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.

Jesus was sent by God the FATHER for the salvation of mankind.

8. profile image50

What is Christian Love

Paul and the Church founded the Christian Religion; and it started by a fiction; the Father Killing a Son; so cruelty is the theme of the Christian Religion; not love.

Love is just to allure the common people to the fold of the Church or churchianity.

Jesus had got nothing to do with this religion that Paul and the Church founded while Jesus had gone to India after when he escaped from a cursed killing on the cross; in Jesus' absence they started this misnomer in his name"Christ", only to mislead the people.

1. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)