In what or whom the non believers believe?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (17 posts)
  1. akuigla profile image61
    akuiglaposted 12 years ago

We, the believers believe in God.
    But do the non believers believe in Satan?
    Or they are just still searching ?
    Or what?

1. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ifsomeone questions the existence of god, why would you think they believe in satan?

1. akuigla profile image61
        akuiglaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Im just curious
        Non believers question the existence of God,but they do not say in what or whom they believe.
        This is a legitimate question.

1. profile image0
          just_curiousposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps. But poorly worded. smile

2. kess profile image60
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

One believes in God or "No God" both are  realities...
      There is no middle gtound.. you believe in one or the other.

Truth shows you both God and "no god".

The false shows you neither....nevertheless all false are images of Truth.

The one who knows Truth, know God and has become Himself.

3. profile image0
      CollBposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps non believers believe in a world created by natural physical science in the 'Big Bang Theory' when the earth was naturally formed and through evolution, humans and wildlife, earth became what it is today.

That in itself is still a belief in something: nature and its natural course.

4. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They are just frustrated and confused.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am.neither.

Why do you feel the need to constantly attack those who don't believe in what you believe?

1. profile image52

It is very natural to believe in the Creator-God; it is just like one believes in one's father and mother; one understands that one is born of them.

2. profile image52

I just express my honest beliefs; I don't attack the atheists. I will appreciate if they confine themselves to reason and rationality; instead they resort to ridicule and derision.

5. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What god?
      I would hazard to say that I'm sure there are people who believe in satan, just like people believe in UFO and that Sherlock Holmes was a real person?
      I'm positive there are people who continually search for answers to two primary questions - "why am I here?" and "what is my purpose?"

Those two questions go unanswered during their whole life.
      It's not what. It's a who? The "who" is self. Every human being on the planet is self guiding.

2. Rudra profile image68
    Rudraposted 12 years ago

Why do you believe in something that does not exist?

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's a fair question. smile

2. kess profile image60
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The existence of each and every thing begins with the ones believing....and belief is both true and false...

And both these belief but confirms that particular things existence.

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

I believe in myself, I believe in you.  I do not believe in the existence of the fantasies of either God or Satan.  I am always searching for truth; for reality.

You have chosen to believe in the existence of a magical being(s) based on your desire to believe and little else.  Your post would seem to indicate that you think others search for fantasies that they can then believe true simply because they want it to be true, but relatively fewer people today are that gullible, and the numbers continue to decrease.

As the human race continues to grow and mature the term "belief" comes to mean something different.  "Belief" is now more based on evidence, observation and logical reasoning than on a desire.  These may all be false and lead to false beliefs, but there is at least an attempt to discover truth and reality rather than simply accepting as true the statements from ancient peoples that were extremely ignorant by today's standards.

That the deists today haven't joined the mainstream in this area doesn't mean that everyone hasn't.  It is incorrect to assume that because you choose to believe based more on desire than on evidence that others "search" for similar "beliefs" in their lives.  People search, but they do it in a different way and for different things.  The warm fuzzy feeling inside that belief in superstitions brings is not the purpose of searchers; rather the purpose is to discover reality and that purpose dictates that the methods used to search have changed as well.

4. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Wilderness, you have summed it up very well as far as I'm concerned. smile

5. Moonchild60 profile image74
    Moonchild60posted 12 years ago

I believe in God, or I should say, a God like energy that we all exist with and are part of.  Sort of the Hindu way I would imagine.  They also believe in an "energy force".  I do not believe in religion, which is man made and was in fact made to control the masses.  Heck of a job for a while there too...and it still holds many captive doesn't it?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)