breaking things...

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image54
    jessieclaireposted 12 years ago

Hi,

This might sound like a random question..

Anyhow, am just wondering if there is any hidden meaning behind always breaking things! The past few weeks, I have found I'm constantly accidently dropping things such as mugs, glasses and candle holders...

Maybe it's that I'm just being careless, but am interested to know if anyone has any other thoughts on the topic!!

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jessie maybe you have much on your mind ( preoccupied ) worried or have something going on that is taking all your energy. I have asked admin to move the question to the Hubber's hangout where you will get more answers. smile Welcome to HP smile

1. MarkMAllen15 profile image61
        MarkMAllen15posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree!

2. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Hopefully it has nothing to do with voodoo or taipo-shavoom hmm

Questions to you:

Do you have hands?

If So... How do you find yourself with other tasks requiring Eye-Hand co-ordination?

Eg: Catching.

What age group - under 60 - over 60

How good do you consider your eyesight to be?

What is your general balance like?

With your eyes shut (and Standing)... can you easily touch the tip of your nose with your little finger (of your left hand if you are right handed and visa versa if left handed).

Have you noticed any noticeable loss of memory?

Good Luck. smile

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

A person who is preoccupied, maybe troubled by some unresolved problem, would tend to behave like that. Find the root cause, and things should return to normal.

4. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 12 years ago

I'm not at all clumsy, but I go through phases of accidentally breaking things once every few years. I also wait on tables and never drop anything, but if I do, it's always three times in a row then not at all for years. Strange ...

5. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! sad  sad

She's Dropped the Thread yikes big_smile

1. sofs profile image76

thanks to you smile roll

1. Pearldiver profile image66
        Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No Sofs... Nothing to do with me smile

Just another passing internet comet... They always post and burnout... we've had drunks and skunks and heads in trunks... all sorts here!

It's sad but true....
        That some are unstuck.. you know... lost their glue!
        But don't blame me for the things that they do
        'Cause they're all transients mate... they're just passing through!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4869044.jpg

roll  big_smile

1. sofs profile image76

Lol you are ...........roll  How you make me laugh !!!  lol

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

....PD...I might have too....lol

6. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

As others have said, there's a chance you've just not been as careful as you'd usually be (maybe because you're preoccupied or in a hurry).  I've never had a "breaking-things" period, but I've had the occasional three-day stretch when I've lost things (and I usually NEVER lose anything).  So, I think sometimes we just tend to notice if we break (or lose) three or four things when we usually don't. 

Sometimes, too, with something like mugs or other stuff, it could have something to do with something as simple as what it was washed in, or whether you have particularly dry hands (not likely to "stick" to glass as much) these days or have something like a different (more slippery) moisturizer on them.  Being tired, something like not having as much caffeine as usual (etc.), are also things that could play a role.  (We tend to lose things, mess up things, drop things, etc. when we're very tired.)

Did you change your dishwashing detergent, what you dry stuff with (or whether you dry it with something at all) - or anything like that?  Are you just using things like mugs you're not as used to handling?

Not to be scary here, but I do know that sometimes starting to drop too many things can be a sign of one medical condition or another; ranging from something fairly minor to something that isn't.  If I noticed myself dropping too many things I think what I'd do is make a conscience effort to be careful as part of "trying to get a reading on things", and if the dropping didn't happen for a few weeks, a month, etc. I might just assume it was coincidence.  (I'd do the same if the matter were losing things, but the possible medical conditions would be different for that than for dropping things.)  If it kept going on for a few weeks I'd take it more seriously.  (Also, I'd pay attention to anything else that might be going on, symptoms/signs-wise, at the same time.)

I don't know, of course, but my guess is it's probably just coincidence that's getting your attention and making you wonder; but I suspect, if it not just coincidence and odds there's a good chance it isn't coming from some deep, psychological, thing (or else coming as an omen on anything like that) (not sure what you meant by "hidden meaning behind it"  smile  )

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Usually never, hmmm.... I love that expression.

1. Pearldiver profile image66
        Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yikes

2. Lisa HW profile image62
        Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good point.  Bad choice of words, I know.  smile   I tend to get more casual when I think I'm writing to someone personally, rather than "writing in general".  I also tend to make up my own definitions for words.  In this case, my "never" means "1.  a period of time that stretches beyond 2 to 5 years, depending the item and/or circumstances, and 2. a period of time that stretches beyond the 5 to 40 years, depending on the item and/or circumstances.   smile

(Up until this past Winter, I'd "NEVER" lost a mitten or glove after losing my losed "puppet mittens" (mittens with a doll's face and blond braids" when I was around five.  Enough time had passed that I thought it was safe to say, "I never lose mittens or gloves".  Oops.  I lost one of the gloves someone gave me for Christmas - and I lost it about three weeks after Christmas.   lol      In any case, consider me "corrected".  smile  )

7. mdlawyer profile image43
    mdlawyerposted 12 years ago

This may related to our mind.  During some stretch of time there may be some emotional imbalance inadvertently in us and then we may drop things and break.

8. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

Lisa HW, great explanation. Didn't mean to correct you, one tends to say that - I've heard it before.

9. profile image54
    jessieclaireposted 12 years ago

Thanks for your replies...

And yes, I have been reading Pearldiver...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)