Looking at apts. today

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 12 years ago

So today I'm going looking at new apartments. Not sure yet if I will move. The place I'm at now is ok and only one floor, ground level.

But it faces a noisy road and I work at home all the time. Plus I don't like the next door neighbors, but I guess that will be the case no matter where I go.

The area I'm looking at is a bit uppity, with very nice housing complexes and higher priced apartments and condos. Jogging around there is pleasant and it's quiet.

I'd love to rent a house but does not seem practical for just me and since I'm trying to save money. I'll see what I find. smile

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...good luck!...i recently moved....it was the first place I looked at...it felt right as soon as I stepped on the property - I just knew...

3. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

Hope that you find what you are looking for Bill - ask the Universe to send you the perfect place

4. prettydarkhorse profile image56
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

hmmm, good for you if you can get one form there so you can jog nicely.  One thing though, if it is a floored apt, choose the second floor or upper, it will be terrible if there are children above your apt.

1. Bill Manning profile image68
      Bill Manningposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh I agree, if there is more than one floor I MUST get the top one! That is what I like about where I am now, it's all one floor apartments.

I wish I could find a small cottage that I could rent. I really want my own place, not an apartment. But I guess I will have to wait until I'm rich. tongue

1. prettydarkhorse profile image56
        prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

cottage is nice, keep on building sites, one day you're going to be rich.

Ideally first floor is better in terms of convenience, water (bills), moving later on -carrying stuff.

5. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

When you move it's so hard to get everything you want. I moved last year to a brand new(extensive renovation)apartment, not far from work, not expensive, cheap Asian market at the door(savings),allowed my two cats, 3rd floor,( do not like hights). But.
    Sunny side, unbelievably hot in summer,noisy(close to major intersection). All summer they mow the lawn relentlessly starting at 7:30am, moving garbage at plaza at 3am! I do not see the neighbors,as I am never at home, but my oldest son do not want to move out and lives in my living room! That means I have to start all over again... looking for what?  Sucks! I cannot rent a house in Toronto, too expensive.

6. Bill Manning profile image68

Well I'm back! I do my investigative work and go to those apartment rating sites online. Trouble is almost all of those get negative reviews.

Lets face it, the only ones who leave a review are ones who have a problem. Anyway I love a nice place I stopped to. It if far back from the road and is off a quiet street, big pond out back, big trees, very nice.

Also has big one bedroom apts. with two screened in balconies, perfect for my cat! big_smile

It's in the nice neighborhood I want to be in, close to some friends. HOWEVER, the ones I saw had a mildew smell. I know apts. shut up can smell like that anyway.

But I read some reviews of this place and several mention a mildew problem. Here in Florida we have mold that grows everywhere and is bad for your health.

Soooo, I'm not sure what to do. I will be home all day and can't have a mildew place. But it could be they don't have any more problem with it than any other place.

So I'm not sure now,,,,, hmm

1. Miamirealtor profile image61
      Miamirealtorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good luck with your home search! I love the Orlando area. I went to a event there about real estate investing. I was living in D.C at the time but am now in Miami working as a real estate agent. Everyone is renting right now and I know the search can be draining. Just stick to your guns and don't settle for less than perfection - you are going to be spending the majority of your life in this new place so make it count!

7. Bill Manning profile image68

Well it took a while, but I guess I have a sure deal and will be moving to a new one bedroom apt. in a few weeks! big_smile

It is very large with full size washer dryer in my apt. included. It has a dish washer and big fully screened patio, perfect for my cat.

It's in a very nice place close to the Orlando airport, yet very quiet with big trees and overlooking a lake. Most people here seem older with few kids.

That is just what I want as I need a quiet place to work at home. A new gym is within walking distance and the sidewalks are perfect for jogging. Even my best friend is within jogging distance. smile

All for only $703.00 per month. tongue

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)