FBI Memo?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Aficionada profile image78
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Okay, folks, where's the buzz?  I ran a search, and so far haven't seen any forum discussion on the FBI's recently released memo that says the UFO crash near Roswell, NM in 1947 was a real event.  Comments, anyone?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … e-FBI.html

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/fbi- … public_rss

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

See how smart the FBI is;1947 ?

1. RedmanBrendan profile image60
        RedmanBrendanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just posted a hub that shows recently declassified documents from the NSA detailing a message received from space. It is an account of their decryption efforts.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I wouldn't doubt the event being real. lol The government is great at hiding things they think that the public cannot handle. It's nothing new.

However, it would answer the question- "Are we alone?". So, is this an attempt to spread more fear? Or the beginning of truth coming from to light from government?

Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm guessing it's the beginning of [some] truth coming to light from the government.  It does make me wonder what else may be true that I have always considered to be toooooo far out.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But, what's the motivation? Fear or to Inform to Protect? And, if it's to Inform to Protect? Then why now?

If it's just to spread fear? Well, it's nothing new then.
        Not to be mean or anything, but it should show you something about yourself? Open-mindedness or Close-Mindedness?

I'm not saying you are either, but just pointing out what seems to be obvious to me.

I am of the mind that the human species isn't an exception, but is an inclusion. The Human Species has a higher probability of existing in other universes than a god existing.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've always wondered why we think we're the only beings in the vast universe.
        It's such an interesting topic. When I have more time, I'll take a look at the links.. thanks for posting.
        I think if we knew everything that was true, people would die of shock or there would be mass hysteria. hmm

I guess that's why in reality, all we ever believe is what we choose to believe. We can see that in politics and religion easily.

3. Aficionada profile image78

Nobody cares about this now?  Obviously, there are other topics that are more important in other ways, but surely someone has an opinion on this subject - ?

I, for one, was always skeptical about the claims that the Roswell incident involved actual extraterrestrials. 

Years ago I read Communion by Whitley Strieber and thought it was an entertaining bit of fiction.

But recently, I ran across the information that Paul Hellyer (former Canadian defense minister) called on the US to open up its secret files on the subject of UFO's, and I started wondering whether there might be some glimmer of truth to all the weird talk about ET visitations on Planet Earth.

Now this, from the FBI.  What's going on?

ETA:  Didn't see your comment before posting, Cagsil.  Sorry about that!

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Well, I guess it is time that I fess up. It was me. My last di-lithium crystal fractured and I had no choice. I tried covering the thing up with bushes, but obviously that didn’t work. I did, however, manage to activate my emergency beacon. My scheduled pick up is December 21, 2012; which incidentally is a Friday.

5. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 13 years ago

Is there a link to an official FBI site that confirms this?

http://vault.fbi.gov/Roswell%20UFO/Rosw … f%201/view

It does mention the disc and the crash.  From what I see, it does not make any claim about it being extraterrestrial.

1. Aya Katz profile image84
        Aya Katzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is not the same document as the one in the article linked in the OP.

6. Aficionada profile image78

I'm kind of in a hurry, because I have an appointment soon - sorry!

Instead of going through the original articles, which were from newspapers whose objectivity I did not know how to measure, I went to the new FBI site ("The Vault") and ran a search for Roswell.  That's how I came up with the link.

I also just now ran another search there for "extraterrestrial." One hit is a file called "Project Blue Book," and there are several files that are just listed as "UFO, Part [X] of [Y]."  I followed one of those links, and it led me to a file that had 142 pages - one of which I saw was from 1955. 

Anyway, as I indicated, right now I can't track it down any further, but later this evening I will be interested in reading and discussing whatever I can.

Thanks for comments, all!

7. Aficionada profile image78
    1. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With all due respect, this sounds more like a very outdated imagination of what the future, science and aliens would be from a 1950's perspective of outer space. Movies of the time perfectly portrayed this description. At least our description of aliens and their space ships have evolved over the past 60 to 70 years in movies.

I can't imagine this being real, honestly, despite the "official" report.

I understand.  In my opinion, the whole UFO-alien-extraterrestrial field is an area where it's very difficult to separate out any kernels of truth that may be hidden somewhere.

Many of us say, Sure, there are bound to be other life forms out there somewhere in the universe.  But not the way the loony and gullible people have been claiming.  Those UFO/ET types are just not possible - or, so we often say.

I was honestly shocked when I saw the YouTube video of the former Canadian Defense Minister calling on the US government to open its UFO/ET files and to accept help from ET aliens instead of preparing for the possibility of battle with them.  I have tried to investigate whether that video was actually a hoax, but I haven't gotten very far in the process yet.  I set the whole investigation aside for a while - then today saw this article about the FBI's files being released and posted online. 

Yes, the files date back to the 50s.  I haven't had time to check to see the date of the most recent of the released files.  I would assume that anything of recent date would still be classified, wouldn't you?

8. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

Are they now telling the truth about the fact that they were lying...or are they now lying about now telling the truth?

9. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

If there are real ETs out there landing on planet earth, it doesn't seem likely that their contact would be limited to government offices and officials. Crashing can be observed by locals, it seems, and would probably also cause some comment and controversy. So far, most photos seem too vague and perhaps "doctored", and there doesn't seem to be any incontrovertible evidence as yet. Mostly hear say.

I don't know that we're alone in the universe, but given traveling in light years, etc., it seems highly unlikely that even advanced intelligences could come in contact with us without sci-fi technology of finding or creating worm holes and the like. If that's the case, why are they traveling in such outdated things as space ships? Seems the mind and body would be vehicle enough at that intelligence level.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)