Are Christians Atheists?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (98 posts)
  1. profile image57
    Tinaldposted 13 years ago

People usually cannot define what atheist is or when chatting with an atheist you get the feeling that he/she does believe in some form of god maybe not the true God.  So, I have been thinking that maybe Christians could be atheists, too.  Am I wrong?

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, actually 99% of "Christians" are atheist in manner.
      Which explains why most atheist have a constant, unbridled necessity to mingle/meddle in Christian discussion or the likes thereof.

An Atheist cannot exist without A Theist!!! Hello.

James.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dear me. I would happily not need to be an atheist, Jim. Keep your god where it belongs and I am out of here. wink

1. profile image0

Even still... you're here... "Bones".

My point proven by you, thanks.
          Enjoy your non-theist deist determinism big_smile

James.

Yeah - I know you don't understand, Jim - you have made that clear as a bell.

This is why your religion causes so many conflicts. sad

1. profile image0

Hallelujah, Determinism!
              Hallelujah, Determin--ISM !
              Determinism, no delusion?! Hallelujah!

via : Leonard Cohen :
              via : Handel :

May Determinism bless --err-- behest you, Marcus.

James

No need to repeat yourself Jim - I know you don't get it and it upsets you that I want you to stop with the nonsense. I know. Makes you feel tingly all over. Pity it causes so many conflicts. sad

1. profile image0

Come on man, I am having a laugh.

...Sigh, you're getting boring Marcus.
                  So conflicted, yet so determined:
                  Be it to find out or destroy the possibility of finding out, I am not certain which really applies to you.

Alas, the Templar's are battling the Illuminati, in the same place --your mind. That is the worst of wars.
                  Determinist you are, no doubt, but I never pegged you for a hedonist. Guess we do learn new things every day, eh?

James.

Aww - you religionists sure are funny. lol

2. profile image57
          Tinaldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did he believe that know God wil lstop him from being knowleable.  Once you truly understand about God you would understand that infinite knowledge.  It is my belief that God wants to share his knowledge with us, but only when me ready.  Right now we are stills babies who needs milk,

Nonsense. Anonymous Internet trolls who sign up to fight for Jesus carry little weight and merely serve to reinforce my opinion of their religion.

Iz u gonna sez wot god wants innit?

1. profile image57

Most Christians do not read about Christ and how he wants us to follow Him.  This is why after two thousands years we have failure all over the place and so many sects.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
                Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pride and Greed get in the way.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

Ah. But - you are a real Christian I suppose?

Prolly that is why you are hiding behind an anonymous persona and joined this site just to fight about Jesus.

Like all the other Christians. sad

1. profile image57

Well, I am not fighting for Jesus cause He does not need anyone fighting for Him.  He is the Word-God made flesh to save us.  I am sharing my ideas with all who wants to share theirs with me, so that I can become the ideal person Jesus wants me to be.  My name is Ronald Celestin by the way.  Tinald isthe nickname my mother gave me.  I seek the writings and I seek other people ideas cause I believe that it is through them that I will comprehend the route that God wants me to take.  Yes, I believe that I am true Christian; I am not perfect, but I am looking for perfection.  I realize long ago that God is everywhere, and so I pay close attention to nature and all of God's creation to the best of my ability.

1. getitrite profile image71
                    getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you are looking for perfection, why on earth are you seeking Jesus?  The bible is a silly book, written by MAN, and has absolutely nothing to do with GOD or perfection. 

You are only worshipping the words of some human scribes from long ago.

How sad.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Good for you Tin -hey why dont you upload a pic or something that takes your fancy.

Welcome to Hubpages smile

Buckle up,it can get quite bumpy in the Religious forum,especially if you love Jesus!

3. Druid Dude profile image60
                    Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's all you need, Tin.

Can I be the 1% lol

I see your point.

We both believe in something wink

1. profile image0

Of course, of course Wiki. tongue

As always, with atheists: their anti-belief or anti-doctrine or finding contrasts in the doctrine is solely based on the doctrine they dispute. (Note the endless use of the text pro & con here in Hubivity-land). Without the doctrine or a belief of a doctrine, they would not be atheist.
          I know it is a play on words but:

An atheist is still a theist & vis-a-vis; tete-a-tete;

James.

And you are not religious Jim. How funny that you need to bring people who do not believe the moon is made of cheese down to your level. I don't have a belief and keep on telling me I do is where you cause the conflicts.

Is that what Y'achoo wanted? wink

This is why your religion causes so many fights Jim.

Are you an acarpenter and an aphysicist?  No. You are not. This is why your religion causes so many wars. sad

1. profile image0

How am I religious, Marcus. You, of all people, spend more time arguing religion (here on HP) than any one I have ever encountered. That IS religious! lol

I am not wanting people to believe or disbelieve, that I think you really do not get. I am trying to bring them up to my level, not leave them down in the mud (their paradox of equation-sensation), fella.

If you didn't have a belief, Marcus, you would not be here so vehemently, consistently, repetitively, religiously and certainly would not be on a "Quest" to "Destroy all Theology --especially (as you often are sited) Kristians".
              So, please, man, don't make me laugh. I have grilled bigger fish. :l

You are more of a Theist than the Kristians Are!
              That is why you are constantly repeating why your "religion" causes so many conflicts --because you are passive-aggressive angry with yourself, a true determinist. That is your religion.

Like I said before, "atheists" are like teenagers...

Hallelujah, Determinism!
              sad

Of course I have a belief.

I believe religion and belief in god is detrimental to me, you and our society. I am not angry with myself - I am being aggresive/aggresive. Nothing passive about it Jim. lol

Your beliefs cause conflict and damage.

LOLOLOL that you think we are all down in the mud and you are on high.

This would be why your religion causes so many conflicts. sad Invisible nonsense that gives you the delusion that you have some understanding that we do not.

1. profile image0

lol I Stand corrected. As for "on high or down low" it is a figure of speak. I am no greater or less than you or anyone. Am just an fortunate to have let go of the need. Wasn't easy, but it was worth it. PS, could you tell me EXACTLY what you believe my religion to be? This should be interesting. And do try to be non-pseudo about it big_smile

James

Creator sneezed and we are not doing wot it sed.

And u no wot it sed and the other people int reeding the majik book right.

But you are. wink

Go to your room Mark!

Youre so grounded lol

Thats it!!,couln't put my finger on it before.

Stroppy darn teenagers lol

1. profile image0

lol

Wiki ut oh Im either very clever ,or about to be arrested lol

Yep I do get it.
            Not that I'm particularly fond of labels.

Doee tacking the 'ism' to words spring from psychology jargon?

3. Druid Dude profile image60
            Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Atheism is oppsosing to Theism, they are opposites. Atheism is recognized as a religious belief by the Supreme Court. In fact, jogging can be considered a religion by their guidelines. How can anyone believe absolutely nothing? Atheists harbor their own beliefs, defend their view, etc. Some are as obnoxious as door thumpin' christians. The fact that they seem to nearly exclusively hang out in the Religious forums is a fact that a psychiatrist would have a field day with!

Yes, and the opposite of stamp collecting is non-stamp collecting.

So is non-stamp collecting a hobby, just like stamp collecting?

Maybe the Supreme Court should look into this too.

2. yolanda yvette profile image59
      yolanda yvetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you're wrong.  A true Christian cannot be an atheist.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What would others call you when you deny their gods?

If you look up the word you will discover two things you seem to have missed

2. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

So, what exactly is the true god, in your opinion?

1. profile image57

The true God is the creator of this world.  He has revealed himself to some people not all, and does not really have a religion.

1. profile image57

When you look at what some religion, specially Christians, Jews and Islams are teaching to what people who considered themselves atheists or evolution are teaching about the universe it is really a misconception of the truth that they both have.  Does some kind of evolution play a role in God design or to be more specific does a baby stay the same? or have you ever seen a baby coming from a monkey ?

1. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, they are called, "baby monkeys" smile

1. profile image57

Did they change to humans when they got old?

LoL

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74

lol lol

>>
              http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4927145_f248.jpg

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
                Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

2. Beelzedad profile image59
              Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No, they remained as monkeys, obviously.

Of course, your original statement most likely was referring to evolution where the misinformed make ridiculous claims about humans springing forth from monkeys. smile

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
                Jesus was a hippyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That reminds me of a conversation I had with my mum when I was 5. I asked her if her grandparents were monkeys.

smile

Jesus abhored the religious spirit.

This is a helpful site if you want to know the difference between Religion and Christianity.

On the outside they look the same ,talk the same,but are as different as wax fruit to real fruit!

http://www.handofgod.com.au/page275.php

1. profile image57

If I was not married,I would ask if you would marry me cause I just love what you just said.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60
          Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kiwi, Agreed. Hopefully they will visit the site to learn the difference between religion and Christianity.

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. profile image0
            just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm afraid saying Christianity is not a religion doesn't make it so.  If you are interested in facts you might look at a few different websites on the subject of the Christian religion.  The one referenced might be pushing an agenda. Here's a few to start.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mysticalrose/religion.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity

http://jesusreligion.com/christianity_religion.html

2. profile image0

just_curious, if your request was in fact directed at me, the response is this:
      There cannot be an "entity" titled as "G/god". If so all the elements of the universe and everything therein are deduced to human ideology and (a pitiful) attempt to apply the events of Creator/creation, as a minimalistic stereotype and no doubt a very useless existence of humanity...

James

1. profile image57

Would you agree with me that time is continous.  It merely events that are changing only to repeat themselves.  For us humans time is a twenty four hours period and it has days, months, and years for us to make sense of it.  The fact that the Creator does not take ownership of our ideologies, which is what makes life worth living.  Though if only we could all love one another we might began to understand God own ideology for us and He might reveal Himself to us all.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. profile image57

You play upon words and dismiss it while the example of the word is very powerful.  I hipe that you do not think linear.  Believe me I love math and it loves me back, but math alone cannot explain life.  Speaking of ideology is it fact that changing your idea of something will give you a different outcome than the ideology that you had before.  All inventions has been thought of by the inventors first and sometimes by others before them.  A mere change of ideas can be the result of one being rich like Mr Gates or poor.  It is the belief and ideology of Mr. Obama that got him president.  It is the belief and ideology of Mr Gates that got him microsoft and billions of dollars.  It is the belief and ideology of Mr Constantine that got him the victory to make king.  It is the belief and ideology of some Christians who converted Rome into Christians and to stop persecuting them.  If China is the number two nations  as of now, it is its belief and ideology that has created that.

3. profile image0

Nature/The Universe is the lowest level or "starting point" of Creator revealed. Humans were the last object revealed, after which an immediate encompassing of all of it in/by Intangible, where man was directly reflecting that Intangible in a Tangible thing called creation.

"Time": past-present-future are the same thing. It is Saturday morning in NY but nearly Sunday in Australia. Which means today to me is yesterday to them and tomorrow is in Hawaii, literally.
          smile

James

1. profile image57

Yet, that is the only way given to us by the creator to understand ourselves and Himself a little.  This why we are limited and will always be lacking true

1. profile image57

judgement of who God really is.

2. profile image0

This is not actual/factual.
              To understand ourselves using time or attempting to "understand" the limitation (that is: our brain at work) is useless. The mind is a tool, a storage house of all the element parameters of the universe. These "threads" of information were planted in us from the beginning, so we would fully know --without engaging the mind to understand.

To understand Creator, we need only abandon our methods.
              Once Creators method is applied, we void time and limitation -as we were once before.

Humanity is only limited because of choice --and by indulging choice or a necessity, divides itself from Creator, not the other way around.

Humanity was create to govern "time/seasons", not to be affected by them. He would need to be thoroughly aware of how time worked and its purpose, to govern creation as he was designed to do.

Something to consider...

James

1. profile image57

What you is true, but at times our thought goes back to our limitation and thus we became unable to comprehend once more losing precious steps.  It is as if we are our own ennemy.  You spoke about limited by choice, but it is really a mirage of choice, beause only by abiding to the creator way can we go through the right route and even that is not exactly full proof cause for once we expect to have the same exact experince once we start folloming the route.  Some of us, forgetting that we individual, have been quite unhappy about result.

2. profile image0

No. it was directed at the OP. I never take who, or what, anyone is saying for granted here anymore. But cool answer on your part. As always. (I'm still waiting on the results of the get together you said you were having on the subject of all of that) smile

3. thirdmillenium profile image59
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

Except for a few who know the truth, all the so-called Christians can be classified as adherents of Satan, not atheists. Satan has diverted them from the true Christian teachings and way of life. The pity is they do not even know this.

So tell me how YOU know that YOU are not one of the adherents of Satan?

1. thirdmillenium profile image59
        thirdmilleniumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Three things:

I do not believe in Trinity
        I do not believe jesus is God
        I do not believe in hell

Those who believe in these false doctrines have been brainwashed by Satan, which means almost everybody in the Christiandom.

1. profile image0

An Entity named Lucifer or Satan is also a false doctrine.
          Check the text thoroughly and you'll see.
          There is no such Entity.

2. getitrite profile image71

Wow.  I guess the safe thing to do would be to follow you, lest I get fooled by Satan! lol

3. yolanda yvette profile image59
          yolanda yvetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

By your comments it obvious that you are an adherent to Satan.  You accuse others of being brainwashed by him and you yourself have obviously been.

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

Arguing is the action of satan. You have obviously been brainwashed by satan.

2. thirdmillenium profile image59
            thirdmilleniumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You must be open to accept Jesus as your saviour but Yahweh as your God
            Go to biblestudents.com and read relevant articles PATIENTLY and you will know the world of Christianity is wrong.

Change before it is too late.

1. profile image0

Checked out your site. Haven't the  Jehovah Witnesses predicted the end of the world three or for times already? What makes you sure there's any rush now? They've been proven wrong before.

But I'm glad to hear you say the world of christianity is wrong. Most witnesses I know won't admit they're not christian. Theological warfare they call it. Basically, they say it's lying for God, so it's acceptable.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

Isnt god omnipotent? He lets satan lead people away from him? I thought he was jealous, wouldnt that make him smight satan? I mean he IS all powerful right?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)