Have we hit rock bottom yet?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (82 posts)
  1. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years ago

What do you guys think? Is that it for the Panda update or will we be seeing more drops when it rolls out to non-English googles?

My experience so far is 50% loss of traffic, 80% loss of income. Give or take - still bouncing around and just had to take all ebay affiliate links off so more to lose I suspect. Is that typical for you guys as well?

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have... smile LOL  almost down to 70% traffic...  yikes hate to be here ( down) after all the hard work sad

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep, flat as a mill pond and worse since the rollout hit OZ. The last two days have struggled up about 10% which I expect will drop again tomorrow.
      I still can't make any sense of it. smile

3. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Mark, my traffic just about recovered after the first wave, adsense is non-existent, but amazon continues to reach payout. This last panda change wiped 50% off my traffic, but today it is slightly better, so I'm just hopeing that the traffic will come back like it did after the first change.
      Joined the hp ad programme on the 2nd wave, its only making a $ dollar a day, so may revert to just using adsense from next month. Sorry to hear it affected you so badly.

Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Glad to hear you are still hitting payout. I am nowhere near not reaching payout, but it is an unsettling loss of income. I got less than 8% commission on Amazon for the first time in quite a while last month. And we have not yet seen the full effect of the latest change.

Some of my own sites actually benefited with similar increases compared to the losses here.

Diversification is better than hoping. big_smile

1. canadawest99 profile image59
          canadawest99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have seen some recovery in the last few days.  Most of last week were 1 and 2 dollar days but the last 3 or 4 have been closer to $5 & $7.

2. ngureco profile image79
    ngurecoposted 13 years ago

As regards traffic, I had the lowest low yesterday, which is about 50% since Feb 24, 2011.

As regard earnings, I have lost about 50%. Percentage-wise, the page CTR has been high but Page eCPM has been very low.

Traffic's trend is downward until it proves itself otherwise. I have a feeling this is the lowest it can get with or without non-English Googles.

This domain seems to have been getting preferential treatment from big G but it looks as if the party is over - we have to learn to feed ourselves.

3. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Traffic on the floor, Adsense almost non-existent, Amazon not doing too bad considering the poor traffic.

Probably get more traffic if I started carving my hubs on stone tablets and handed them out on the high street! smile

1. profile image0
      EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yesterday my cats' litter tray got more traffic than my hubs did lol

And yet my Amazon has improved compared to last month - it hurts to think how well I might be doing on Amazon if it hadn't been for both waves of the panda.

1. CMHypno profile image83
        CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was having a better month in Feb pre Panda on Amazon than I had in either Nov/Dec, so I agree with you Empress - hurts to think how good March or April could have been on Amazon. Still got to appreciate what is still coming in. Thank you Universe and please send more!!!!!

4. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

My traffic was almost back, or perhaps the same as, pre-Panda US levels. Now it is lower than ever, but hey it's Monday - the only way is up!

1. CMHypno profile image83
      CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The up side is that lately I've written some hubs that have been previously on the back burner, because they never will get much traffic/make money, but are on subjects that really interest me.

5. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Evening All. smile

It's been an intetesting set of falls lately.. life on the 18th Floor was at least compensated by the view smile

But this has been like being locked in a Free Falling Lift and you get a recorded message on the maintenance phone sad

And I don't believe that we have even hit the 3rd floor yet.

...Bugger I parked on B7 sad

3 - Ebay Bailouts and Online Skunk Dating Hubbers

2 - Pakistani Stolen Content Syndicate Distributors

1 - Adsense Dollar-Each-Way Punters and Affiliate Scratchers

G - Management Reserves and Coffee Makers only

B1 - Executive Closet Skulkers, Quasi Hub Hoppers and Trolls only

B2 - Mormon Ponzi Schemes and Article Thieves reserved parking.

B3 - Content farms and dung beetle parking only

B4 - Amazon reviews parking and MLM affiliate sites HQs.

B5 - skin of your teeth parking & dupe contentment parking only

B6  SSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAATT sad

B7 - poets, banned substances and accurate toxic comments parking only

B8  - skateboard, church mice, broken-butts and moose parking only

B9 - Believers in Unrealistic Expectations and Alike big_smile

1. BaliMermaid profile image57
      BaliMermaidposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey PearlDiver, Welcome back!

Are  we allowed to discuss mr68 and his antics. Don't want either of us to cross some line we don't know about? I have some interesting info about some of their latest tactics.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi BaliMermaid.. Thanks, but I won't be 'back' for much longer!

Just PM me...
        I'm a bit sick of the double set of standards that we're expected to silently accept on this site sad
        I'm afraid I'm Not Prepared To Compromise my Integrity and Ethics for those who have knowingly (for whatever reason) mismanaged their Duty of Care and feel that Banning the Honesty is the best option to deal with that level of culpability smile

As far as the 68 turkeys are concerned - I am aware of 10 years of their respective histories... - It is NOT the same as you thought and sent me before.. but please do PM me and I will contact you back directly. smile

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey PD...i see you're back for  now.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Someway, Ummmm!

6. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

I feel for you Mark, honest i do.  i had no income so have little to lose.  Hope to one day get some good articles out there.  Hope you read them and give me the thumbs up .....

1. ngureco profile image79
      ngurecoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

50% of Zero is Zero - whoever does not have, nothing can be taken from him. No wonder tithing is based on 10% of gross earning.

7. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

Is this a good time for the news that my poetry on my 'other' name went UP in visits per week for every Google hit and is now double per day pre-Google levels - constantly - as far as I can see - Adsense earnings have made as much in the last month as the whole of the year prior to Googletastrophy.  Now the numbers and amounts are very small but double is still double and I calculate a rise in earnings of about 500%.

Interesting huh !

Kinda 'bears' out my opinion that unique sources of info get a good rating in Google.  So the trillion product hubs that together are all the same don't cut it - no surprise to me I have to say.

Of course it could just be that my avatar has protected me smile

1. Joy56 profile image68
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I want to read your poems, where are they what is your other name........ having a panda as an avatar is a wise move.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
        prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am only guessing that alternate poet is a happy one or chinaman. Panda loves China?? Biswanath Panda who is causing all of these is an Indian American LOL

2. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Poetry is under alternate poet. 

I came on with the Panda avatar at almost the precisely correct moment - purely by accident.  I had the whole thing on the pics for my site and just cut out the face in a hurry, got 'the look' though hasn't he big_smile

8. Froggy213 profile image62
    Froggy213posted 13 years ago

For me traffic is down, but coming back up on some hubs--Google is back to giving me some spare change--never did well with Amazon, but my Ebay income is killing me--I was doing well with it, but not now.

I have removed my ePn affiliate ID from here and I suggest you do the same. Ebay will boot you if you keep sending low quality traffic.

I now have 150 hubs on which I will be changing ebay for Amazon capsules. sad

9. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

While the heart beats there is hope

10. hassam profile image76
    hassamposted 13 years ago

I have lost 50% of my traffic now and my income has also dropped to about 50%. I am at the same place where I was last year with around 300 articles.

I am just confused what to do, since I wan't to publish more articles but I am afraid they will go to a waste. I thought publishing more articles here at hubpages would benefit me in the long term. But things aren't going that way now. 

Strange but I am seeing most of my well performing articles at the 1st page on google but traffic has gone really low.

Strange as to why google has rolled out these changes, as content farms provide huge revenue to google. They to have their own content farm Google Knol, that is one of the crappiest site ever.

I don't know the stats of knol articles. Perhaps any one writing articles there could share how their traffic has effected.

11. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

This may be a silly question, but does anyone know what happens when you disable the hubpages adds?

Do they stay on your page, and you just don't get paid for them?

You just go back to adsense only.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks mate! smile

12. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I had my highest ever payout at Xmas but from there it dropped below £100 and then I had £85 this month and expecting £70 for April.

bare in mind threshold is £60. I tried HP Ad program for a month but decided I didn't want 2 programs competing for revenue. 

I'm shuck up badly but hanging on for dear life.

13. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

I have a stunning loss of traffic that rebounded for a few days, then went down even further. I was a few dollars from adsense payout, but that seems to have been permanently delayed with almost no income from that source. HP ad sharing program seems to be gathering steam and momentum, but that isn't really encouraging, considering the pace. I had thought that by sticking it out here that I would eventually recover, but I'm not seeing much of that at all, nor sure I will.

14. sabrebIade profile image81
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

Looking back a year...
    In 2010 between April 1st and 15th I had 147,007 hits.
    In 2011 I had 51,467.
    You can't say actual Adsense earnings since it's against TOS, but let's just say that earnings are cut in half.

15. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

Traffic is still way down, but some days it does better. Earnings are non-existent. 1 click in 7 days = $0.01. $.15 for the month to date.
    The Ads appearing are a joke and have nothing whatsoever to do with the hubs. It seems Google has punished us with the Bottom of the barrel scrap Ads.
    I would think HP would be saying something to Google about this. I have read others are having similar Ads on their hubs as well.

16. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I noticed a decrease in number of clicks and the amount of it. Maybe this is niche specific as others reported increased earnings. After the second roll out of Panda and with the HP adsense ads, the more I can't have a good grasp of what is happening.

I noticed that every weekend even though my traffic is lower than it used to be, the price of click is higher, so for the past three weekends, it has been like that. This last weekend was good.

I don't know how to assess this, maybe due to the advertisers being stingy and cautious because of the Panda algo, they don't want to spend just yet (we will see the Q1 2011 report of G if they earned a whole lot more comparing to the last q of 2010), tax season??, or G assigned adverts which have low values here at HP. (what are other webmasters experiences??)

April 14, 2011
    Google Reports Q1 2011 Earnings, Record Revenue of $8.58 Billion

"Google shocked the search world when it announced that Larry Page would replace Eric Schmidt as CEO effective in April -- the same day Google announced Q4 revenues of $8.44 billion and $2.54 billion in profit -- both company highs. Today Page is in the spotlight as Google reported $8.58 billion in Q1 2011 revenue -- a 27 percent increase over Q1 2010 when the company reported $6.77 billion in revenue".

but CPC decreased --

"Average cost-per-click, which includes clicks related to ads served on Google sites and the sites of Google AdSense partners, increased approximately 8% over Q1 2010 and decreased about 1 percent over the Q4 2010".

Source : http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/110414-160637

1. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The low pay ads have to be hurting HP as well. If we make less, they also make less. I hope they are trying to find a way to get better ads on the site. The HP Ad program makes more than Adsense for me, but that is Not saying anything. It is not doing well either.

I understand and perhaps they (HP staff) are doing statistical analysis out of all of the fiasco here. Like maximizing the returns out of the HP Ads Program  and adsense (given the layout program we are using the YB) and studying hubs per niches and looking at the impact of the two updates so far, and relating it to the new rules like amazon/ebay word ratio, etc. then they can relay to us afterwards.

1. Michael Willis profile image67
          Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope they can find an answer to this. I will say that my main money makers are most profitable from August through the end of January.
          I really hope we have bottomed out with this Panda hit.

I hope so too, we can't go too low , LOL

HP staff are doing their best so far I think, like way before the Panda updates, they incorporated social sharing like FB and twitter, then I remember they alerted us about hubs which are duplicated elsewhere and what to do with it. They also added ratings after the comment section of our hubs (this is what G is doing now plus 1). The only thing is that there are many new hubbers which are signing and posting spam all over.

And I read somewhere that those sites which are heavily affected if they like some kind of assistance with G, they can have it, that is why perhaps there are some blogs by G employees here.

2. emievil profile image68
      emievilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey PD, that's funny because I noticed the same thing too. I get fewer views during week-ends but my Adsense earnings are higher. I have a theory in mind but I'm waiting for another week end or two to see if this is really the case.

Share it after emie, take care!

1. emievil profile image68
          emievilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yep will do. Got more time in my hands now after April 15 (thank God! - ooopppsss sorry Mark) smile.

He will understand!! LOL

2. gracenotes profile image89
          gracenotesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

prettydarkhorse and emievil,

I can confirm what you are saying.  Less traffic on the weekends, but higher click values for Saturday/Sunday.

I haven't had quite the same experience as some other hubbers on the quality of the Adsense ads that are served.  I've checked some of my better hubs, and the ads are very contextual, and, in fact, are some of the same ads that appeared pre-Panda.  I'm sure it has something to do with the niche.

If I continue to make money only on the weekends, my total earnings for April will probably be half of March's total.  smile

17. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 13 years ago

Like most here my viewings are now down by about 50%, and although I am on the Hubpages Ad program, the 'up to 50% higher earnings than on Adsense' predicted has not come to pass, and in fact I am only just about taking the same as I was on Adsense alone with the exception of the odd day here and there. Naturally Adsense now only produces pennies because it is so rarely visible on the hubs. I really feel that starting to write more elsewhere on sites like Ryankett's Excerptz.com is the way to go, as they not only pay 80% of Adsense revenue to their authors, but they were completely unaffected by the Panda changes.

18. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

I know I myself have lost a lot of traffic just like everyone else now I am nearly down to 1500 views a day instead of the 3000 plus that I was on previous to this Panda bear update!

I am creating other income streams with a view to coming back to Hubpages some time next year and seeing if things are better and I have a feeling they will be with Hubpages great staff and engineers...Just I like many rely on online income to pay the bills and keep things rolling on otherwise I'd have to get another part time job and I aint getting one of those if I can help it!

I suppose we have to have a huge fall for a rise of Hubpages to happen just at the moment I have to manage some new sites and make them my own to survive this search engine update!

19. Azure11 profile image84
    Azure11posted 13 years ago

Well I am struggling to decide whether to keep doing more hubs. I really stepped it up for a few months this year wanting to earn more adsense income but it seems like I started just at the wrong time. I can't really tell if the US panda hit me much as I wasn't doing much before then but when i started writing hubs after that I did start to see my views increase. But then over the last 4-5 days my views have dived and adsense has slacked right off.

So is it worth me writing more and hoping it gets better?

I was thinking also that if we are all losing out on adsense income then google must be too unless somehow someone else is seeing an increase so surely they might think of tweaking back again so they make more money...

20. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

LOL. I don't know why people take 'panda' surname as name of animal. In india, it is pronounced like - 'puh-un-da' and as per north indian history that surname belongs to priest bloodline.

priest bloodline, descendant of the RC God skyfire..LOL

1. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol More on panda here.

Thanks for the link skyfire! nice new avatar, falling hair in front of your face BTW!!

1. Susan Ng profile image83
            Susan Ngposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Skyfire's avatar has been catching my eye as well. Is that Sosuke Aizen? He's so hot. Haha! tongue

I think so!!

1. wheelinallover profile image76
                wheelinalloverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One thing is for sure, my avatar is hurting me, but I still believe I am right for using it. Way too many people are getting (see avatar) by panda and the changes hubpages has had to make to keep compliant.

I know we are being (see avatar) by people taking our work and making money off them on other sites. This hurts all of us.

When is Google going to see that much of our work is so good that others think they have to plagiarize it, and make some changes so people can find ours first.

Right now I am getting more hits from Yahoo, Bing, and social sites than I am from Google. Makes me wonder if the idea of promoting, our own, or hubs written by others on blogs and social sites might bring everyone's numbers up.
                See the forum post, A Game Idea To Promote Our hubs

21. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I saw this article last night concerning what Wall Street thinks of Larry Page. http://techcrunch.com/2011/04/17/wall-s … ge-google/  [of course, keep in mind, this is wall street:/]

http://tctechcrunch.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/google-stock-drop.jpg

I haven't opened Amazon for over a week, AdSense is ____________
    Hp is hobbling along. Yesterday's views were very low, perhaps a combination of factors, including springtime.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I read the comments section of that article too. Interesting to note that others think Google search is pathetic now since the changes.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I read them also, some good points they brought up.

Salary increases.. hmm  Google truly is its own world.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63

Oh what happened to the Russia man - founder of Google Sergey Brin or Grin I think who nearly resigned because of the China - google privacy issue. They changed the CEO.

Thanks for the link Ms Rebekkah!

22. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Theoretically, its not the bottom, not even close.

Since Hp lost so much search visibility, searchers will find the site less and less and will not have the opportunity to share with friends and such which will over time continue to drop HP authority and traffic. (less organic backlinks and social buzz = additional drop in rankings and site authority)

Unless:

A) HP Authors become much more educated and savvy in the ways of the web

B) HP's fixes actually do regain the the love of G

This current point will be a high note compared to what we will see this time next year

1. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hmm

I'm down, way down. Can it get any lower? Quite possibly. So another hmm

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If they cant find it, they cant share it and link to it.

If a site gets less links and activity it loses rankings, up or down, its a pretty much always a snowball style change with rankings and traffic

1. rebekahELLE profile image84

I'm just replying to say how adorable your daughter is... keep posting so we can see her. big_smile

lol, thanks!

We brought her to the grocery store this weekend, for the first time she sat in the cart instead of her car seat.

she literally caused traffic jams and double takes. It actually got a bit annoying having to be stopped so frequently!

i liked <--- that picture so much i got it blown up to poster size smile

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/206681_537210969225_147401353_31225514_7417306_n.jpg

1. theherbivorehippi profile image65
              theherbivorehippiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh my gosh!! She is SO perfect! smile

ok - last one smile

(i just figured out how to use facebook for image hosting wink )

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/76560_526856674315_147401353_31112844_4991626_n.jpg

She is a cutie all right.

Don't envy you in 15 or so years time. lol

2. rebekahELLE profile image84

big_smile  Yes, I like your FB videos and pics. I'm sure to smile when I see them. Thanks for sharing with us!

3. lakeerieartists profile image64
                  lakeerieartistsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow!  These pics of a cute girl just take over any thread on HP!  I am now at the stage you will be at in 13 and 18 years, and yes the gray hair is rolling in.  wink

2. rebekahELLE profile image84

I'm sure Mark won't mind a few *smile* worthy posts on this thread.  Enjoy it, I remember those days; it's nice that people still thrill when seeing such a cute baby. There's something rather zen about it... smile

3. prettydarkhorse profile image63

oh, I can be nanny if I am near there, free. Pretty girl, she looks like you, but with diff color of hair!!! As Mr Mark said, you will be in trouble guarding her against the boys after 12 years, LOL!

That made my day!

2. sunforged profile image71

What do you think will happen to your personal earnings IF this ever becomes a reality?

http://hubpages.com/ad_examples/levis/index.html

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/408/9124374028.jpg

1. lrohner profile image68
          lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So true. I took a similar screen capture yesterday for posterity, since the whole thing seemed too ludicrous:

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4936006_f248.jpg

Notice the topic of the hub: visiting a Japanese shinto shrine.

Notice the advertiser: Swaddlers diapers.

Nuff said.

23. Susan Ng profile image83
    Susan Ngposted 13 years ago

I really hope things will get better soon. My Adsense earnings from HubPages has dropped alarmingly since around the last week of March. It's almost non-existent now. sad

1. Azure11 profile image84
      Azure11posted 13 years agoin reply to this

In the last week of March I had nothing whatsoever, a drop from at least 1-2 clicks daily - I thought it was the new ad layout as it didn't seem intuitive to me to click on anything as it was all right at the top or way down the bottom.

24. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Haha. She's Cute. Sunforged  smile

I think YB needs quick update as well.

25. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I know this is OT, but can someone tell me why my pics are shrinky dinking when I put them in a forum post?

I think your linking to the thumbnail?

Try right clicking and viewing the source before using the link.

paste the original size, rather than the view you see in your hubpictures folder

http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/408/2821961552.jpg

Double click and then an ajax window (like in facebook) pops up and then you should see the "full size image " option?

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I used the snipping tool to grab the capture and just saved it on my desktop. Then I used upload and grabbed the original. How should I be doing it?

I normally use Fireshot

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo … /fireshot/

since it captures and uploads in a few clicks and then gives you the code

They DO make versions for IE and chrome
          http://www.google.com/search?q=fireshot … =firefox-a

Your process was prob fine, It just seemed that many people in the "share your desktop" thread were using hubphotos as the imahe host and then wondering why the image was small - i saw your image was hubhosted - Im just assuming that with one more click so you are "full size or original image" you would get the address for the larger image.

1. skyfire profile image79
            skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Crashed my FF 4, looks like it is under beta for 4.0.  neutral

ff4 is still quite new, i know my laptop is still running a beta build of  it, so it cant have been to long since they rolled it out as the official build?

Im sure Fshot will catch up quick, i rather have my core add-ons then the newest version of FF anyway - seoquake wasnt working on ff4 either

26. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Adorable, SF! I predict a rash of gray hair in about 13 years. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)